Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

kjetting posted:

I just don't understand how anyone, except maybe Xzibit, would think that screens on their footwear is a good idea.

I would've gone with Daft Punk but the point is still the same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Tiberius Thyben posted:

On the plus side, though, they actually work.

they're also fixed funding on IGG which probably isn't a coincidence

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

kjetting posted:

I just don't understand how anyone, except maybe Xzibit, would think that screens on their footwear is a good idea.

I can totally understand why someone would think it's a good idea, what I'm stuck on is why they'd then think it's such a good idea they'll actually pay the price for them.

:v:

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

kjetting posted:

It's for when you just have to be the coolest among your group of 8-12 year olds with their blinking led shoes.

laserghost
Feb 12, 2014

trust me, I'm a cat.

Gaudy is the new pretty.

Melondog
Oct 9, 2006

:yeshaha:

Segmentation Fault posted:

reminder that Tim Schafer is an anagram for Mr Shitface

Stealing this.

Also as someone who works for an unnamed shoe company, you would be amazed at some of the ridiculous gimmicks people will pay hundreds for.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Segmentation Fox posted:

Also as someone who works for an unnamed shoe company, you would be amazed at some of the ridiculous gimmicks people will pay hundreds for.

I'd believe it.

Selklubber
Jul 11, 2010
Do they sell those in size 43? :iia:

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

kjetting posted:

It seems like it'd be cool to have at a rave or a music festival.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

I'd believe it.

Yeah the SA Forums robot ones would have been a ton better

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

Selklubber posted:

Do they sell those in size 43? :iia:

What are you, Sideshow Bob?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

exploded mummy posted:

Yeah the SA Forums robot ones would have been a ton better

You mean the Hulk Hogan Meat Shoes. :colbert:

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Evil Fluffy posted:

You mean the Hulk Hogan Meat Shoes. :colbert:

It was the first non-goon (and non-copyright infringing) entry in some shoe design contest that goons voted in.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

But can the shoes run Doom?

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Those boots are neat. Not sure what the hate is.

Why don't we have an "I DON'T LIKE THING / OK" smiley?

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

Waffleman_ posted:

But can the shoes run Doom linux?

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Tiberius Thyben posted:

What are you, Sideshow Bob?
EU size 43, which is roughly US size 9.

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

I have to go now. My planet needs me.
Unless you are a DJ or an extra in a sci fic movie, you probably don't need screens in your clothes.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

OldMemes posted:

Unless you are a DJ or an extra in a sci fic movie, you probably don't need screens in your clothes.

They don't need to fit either, or be attractive. Hell, just go out in a blanket, anyone who criticises you is just a pawn of Big Pants.

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av

This is just sad

I don't dislike this. Except the graphics, in this kind of game they mean everything but they're really bad and uninspired

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

youll always be so sleepy when youre this tiny *plompf*
The kerning makes me want to literally melt down. Into a puddle of poo poo

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Check out the top comment and its replies. (Also we are far enough in the future for Linkin Park nostalgia)

About the thing itself, haha it's literally a clock that's wrong.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

I like that "rubato" is Italian for "robbed".

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

I have to go now. My planet needs me.
I like how enough people thought it was a good enough idea to write, shoot and edit a video without thinking 'hmm.....maybe not'.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
You know how prebroken phonescreens were a thing? Broken clocks just not enough to suit your exquisite tastes?

Then have we got the product for you. Glasses with prebroken lenses! Using our specially invented H2O* process (patent pending), we promise you the most gratuitiously shattered lenses. Each pair will be entirely UNIQUE™, no two alike.

*Hammer 2 Object

I bet that'd get millions.

Zanzibar Ham has a new favorite as of 19:47 on Nov 27, 2016

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

i just want to point out that this lovely wireless thermometer https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/meater-the-only-wire-free-smart-meat-thermometer-food-technology#/
that somehow raised like 2.6 million over a year ago still hasn't been released, is still getting pushed back, and they are now saying you can expect the single probes in december with an indefinite timeframe for the block

seriously 2.6 million for a lovely thermometer when there are heaps of others out there that already do exactly what they advertise

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
A wireless thermometer, for when your butt is in a different room ?

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
In three days it will have been three years since Barkley 2 was supposed to come out. :rip:

SupSuper
Apr 8, 2009

At the Heart of the city is an Alien horror, so vile and so powerful that not even death can claim it.

Guy Mann posted:

In three days it will have been three years since Barkley 2 was supposed to come out. :rip:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/dictionary.php?act=3&topicid=659

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007

Zanzibar Ham posted:

You know how prebroken phonescreens were a thing?

They were? What?

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

Foxhound posted:

They were? What?

Turns out I fell for an Onion :v:

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av

gschmidl posted:

"Stolen"

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Oops, wasn't aware there's a difference in English.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

gschmidl posted:

Oops, wasn't aware there's a difference in English.

"Stolen" as an adjective is a passive conjugation of "to steal;" the direct object of "to steal" is the taken item.

The direct object of "to rob" is the victim.

Dennis robbed Cindy. He stole her television.

CommonShore has a new favorite as of 20:15 on Nov 28, 2016

DoctorTristan
Mar 11, 2006

I would look up into your lifeless eyes and wave, like this. Can you and your associates arrange that for me, Mr. Morden?

gschmidl posted:

In classical music, rubato or tempo rubato ('stolen time') is a performance direction indicating that the conductor or soloist is free to speed up and slow down at their discretion - effectively 'stealing' time from one passage and giving it to another. That's almost certainly what they were getting at.

Yak of Wrath
Feb 24, 2011

Keeping It Together
Do you what your child is doing online right now? It might not be homework! But now you can ASSUME DIRECT CONTROL of your family's Internet use so you personally approve each website access request thanks to this handy app and router!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gryphonconnect/gryphon-simple-safe-super-fast-wifi-for-modern-fam/description

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
Fidget Cube update:

I bet someone $20 I could get a Chinese knockoff before backers got theirs. So I ordered one on ebay on November 17 and it arrived November 30th, $6.50 us and free shipping.

Now the cost for the actual cube was $14 or $19 during the Kickstarter and $25 retail. Also none of the backer rewards have shipped or arrived yet, though they were just promised to arrive "December before Christmas" so they're not late.

Anyway the thing I got looks and functions identically and the little instruction sheet says "Fidget Cube" on it. And I'll be ahead $14 soon.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe

fishmech posted:

Fidget Cube update:

I bet someone $20 I could get a Chinese knockoff before backers got theirs. So I ordered one on ebay on November 17 and it arrived November 30th, $6.50 us and free shipping.

Now the cost for the actual cube was $14 or $19 during the Kickstarter and $25 retail. Also none of the backer rewards have shipped or arrived yet, though they were just promised to arrive "December before Christmas" so they're not late.

Anyway the thing I got looks and functions identically and the little instruction sheet says "Fidget Cube" on it. And I'll be ahead $14 soon.

We've been 3D printing similar ones for weeks now, they're about $1.50 in materials.

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

A quick google confirms that they've been well and truly beaten to market.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL

Two Finger posted:

i just want to point out that this lovely wireless thermometer https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/meater-the-only-wire-free-smart-meat-thermometer-food-technology#/
that somehow raised like 2.6 million over a year ago still hasn't been released, is still getting pushed back, and they are now saying you can expect the single probes in december with an indefinite timeframe for the block

seriously 2.6 million for a lovely thermometer when there are heaps of others out there that already do exactly what they advertise

Yeah I fell for this one back in the early days. It shows up on FB occasionally and I make sure to comment on it so any friends I might still have will be warned that they're a goddamn scam.