Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

whodatwhere
Aug 24, 2013

just new confidence boots goofin'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
just bought this game. every match so far either has someone yelling the n-word over and over or like, a small child singing something in a foreign language with a mic that makes them sound like they're hurtling down a wind tunnel at 90mph

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

IronicDongz posted:

just bought this game. every match so far either has someone yelling the n-word over and over or like, a small child singing something in a foreign language with a mic that makes them sound like they're hurtling down a wind tunnel at 90mph

Welcome to Counter-Strike: Global Offensive! Enjoy your stay!

xsf421
Feb 17, 2011

A TURGID FATSO posted:

Welcome to Counter-Strike: Global Offensive! Enjoy your stay!

Also, enable the developer console and type "voice_enable 0" in it until you start competitive. It'll save your sanity.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
I see you've played casual!

Do yourself a favour and enable developer console in the ingame options,with that you can temporarily disable voice chat using the voice_scale 0 command while you're stuck playing something other than competitive. Alternatively just right click on their name on the scoreboard and mute then, and enjoy shooting mans without the misery

It gets a lot better in competitive mode

Demostrs
Mar 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bohemian Nights posted:

It gets a lot better in competitive mode

ur a filthy loving liar

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Muting anyone in any video game is for children

jerman999
Apr 26, 2006

This is a lex imperfecta
I played a competitive game and we won! Need a mic.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I just had a competitive game where two of the other team were spinning around in circles in their spawn. Like with a program or something they clearly weren't actually sitting at the computer doing it. What is even the point of that.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

drunken officeparty posted:

I just had a competitive game where two of the other team were spinning around in circles in their spawn. Like with a program or something they clearly weren't actually sitting at the computer doing it. What is even the point of that.

They're losing on purpose so their rank drops and they get easier opposition. Its a lovely thing to do wasting everyone else's time but some people are just the worst. Its not hard to do, I think its just +forward + right in the console. All you can do is report them and if they eat 2 overwatch bans they're permabanned.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

havign an extremely good time playing popular shooter game cs:go

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Goofballs posted:

They're losing on purpose so their rank drops and they get easier opposition. Its a lovely thing to do wasting everyone else's time but some people are just the worst. Its not hard to do, I think its just +forward + right in the console. All you can do is report them and if they eat 2 overwatch bans they're permabanned.

I'm still Silver 4 so I don't know how much farther they are going to get.

Also where do I send my petition to permanently delete Dust 2 from existance

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Also where do I send my petition to permanently delete Dust 2 from existance

Into the garbage can.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Elman posted:

Into the garbage can.

So that you can sign it?

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Dust 2 is wonderful and the people who play it are garbage

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

So that you can sign it?

Yup, along with the note your mom wanted you to sign to show you're not mad for me being your new step dad and everything.

Also go to your room.

brian
Sep 11, 2001
I obtained this title through beard tax.

don't take away the only map I know the names of places for :(

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

I dislike Dust 2 because of how op the awp is on it and whenever I see the pros play it the meta is really boring. It should go next update and only come back if the balance of the game changes in some way and just sit unchanged alongside aztec in the no one cares pile for the obsessives.

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Throw smokes and perform coordinated executes with your team to handle awps (and in general). Don't worry about the meta for the pros until you are a pro.

D2 is essentially the fundementals map, and there is a reason why it has remained pretty much unchanged for 17 years.

surc fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Nov 28, 2016

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Goofballs posted:

I dislike Dust 2 because of how op the awp is on it and whenever I see the pros play it the meta is really boring. It should go next update and only come back if the balance of the game changes in some way and just sit unchanged alongside aztec in the no one cares pile for the obsessives.

Hey everyone! Check out this Bad Opinion!

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Goofballs posted:

:whitewater:

stump collector
May 28, 2007
When I'm against good awpers on d2 I like to take cat control, throw spawn drop or mid b smokes and work off that. Flashing high for car and exploding to elbow to a site qnd dropping into ct spawn or lurking out mid is a pretty safe way to beat people less coordinated than you

brian
Sep 11, 2001

pro strat against awpers on a site: go into pit then duel them with a galil

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Oh look at the minute mark they're grouped up around short deciding whether or not to split b or plant for short. I wonder if there will be any rounds the t side doesn't do this. Such a dynamic map.

Fusion Restaurant
May 20, 2015
Holy poo poo toinou is killing everyone. I feel like the way he awps shouldn't be possible.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
Gotsent home again

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

Goofballs posted:

Oh look at the minute mark they're grouped up around short deciding whether or not to split b or plant for short. I wonder if there will be any rounds the t side doesn't do this. Such a dynamic map.

You sure you're not thinking of cbble?

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Fusion Restaurant posted:

Holy poo poo toinou is killing everyone. I feel like the way he awps shouldn't be possible.
-SmithZz +to1nou :kheldragar:

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I don't understand Counter Strike money management strategies so therefore they are bullshit and you should buy as much as possible every round

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

I don't understand Counter Strike money management strategies so therefore they are bullshit and you should buy as much as possible every round

I see you've gone to the Depths school of counterstrike

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI

Bohemian Nights posted:

I see you've gone to the Depths school of counterstrike

Winning a round by buying expensive guns with dumb scopes is a waste of money when you can just easily win with a good pistol and armor

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Flusha needs to get the gently caress out of Godsent

-friberg
+Flusha

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

mcvey posted:

Flusha needs to get the gently caress out of Godsent

-friberg
+Flusha

On one hand I love fribbe and I would never abandon him

but on the other hand Flusha on NiP would be 😍😍😍😍😍

Depths posted:

Winning a round by buying expensive guns with dumb scopes is a waste of money when you can just easily win with a good pistol and armor

you can't waste money you didn't have in the first place!!!!!!!!

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

I instruct my team to not buy anything for the first five rounds. That way we'll have lots of money and can always buy. Hooray!

brian
Sep 11, 2001

I forgot to post this yesterday but you're meant to post that one time you did good right

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

brian posted:

I forgot to post this yesterday but you're meant to post that one time you did good right

thank you for the good vibes as always and for the carry :)

brian
Sep 11, 2001

Macnult posted:

thank you for the good vibes as always and for the carry :)

thanks for carrying me every other time brooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

surc
Aug 17, 2004

That was an excellent game and you were amazing :love:

You stayed at 1 death through at least the first 18 kills too, then I lost track.

brian
Sep 11, 2001

surc posted:

That was an excellent game and you were amazing :love:

You stayed at 1 death through at least the first 18 kills too, then I lost track.

awesome i totally forgot that

banana bros 4 eva :love:

we should do sick baits with car and peeks and poo poo next time bro

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

lmfao a glove case *making jerking off motion*