Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Sultan Tarquin posted:

What's the best way of levelling up a single mon quickly? I just need my Alakazam up like 10 levels so it learns Trick. The Pelago feels like it'd take an age. Random battles outside the battle tree maybe?

dont forget to get your lucky egg from kukui

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!
I know this is old news by now, but I love this:

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Actually I think I'll just ask here: Anyone have a spare Buzzwole they'd be willing to trade for a Pheromosa? I'd just go to the GTS, but I have a theme going with UBs, and kinda want to stick to it, so I'd need the Buzzwole named "Hornet Man"

It'd have to be after 7 PM because my 3DS died while searching for Destiny Knots, but... I'll nickname it whatever.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Mizuti posted:

I still can't belive they just did a T pose spin as a signature attack.

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

Mizuti posted:

Is that the same engine? They look different

Hahaha someone playing Storm Drain Gastrodon alongside A.Marowak

Waffles Inc. fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Nov 28, 2016

Beekeeping and You
Sep 27, 2011

Senerio posted:

Actually I think I'll just ask here: Anyone have a spare Buzzwole they'd be willing to trade for a Pheromosa? I'd just go to the GTS, but I have a theme going with UBs, and kinda want to stick to it, so I'd need the Buzzwole named "Hornet Man"

It'd have to be after 7 PM because my 3DS died while searching for Destiny Knots, but... I'll nickname it whatever.

I had a problem with this, too. It's because in sun you get two buzzwole and four of the katana dudes, where in moon you get four pheromosa and two celesteela. It makes it tricky to trade for the version exclusives.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I'd toss a Celesteela, but I haven't gotten that far yet. Still prepping to catch Xurkitree. Luckily that means that Kartana will be easy to get. I had two really good nicknames I wanted for him:
Hanzo Steele and Blade Man for my gimmick.

Senerio fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Nov 28, 2016

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Waffles Inc. posted:

Is that the same engine? They look different

There's a 3DS emulator for PC that's good enough for pirates and they have a cheat code to turn off outlines on the character models.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

blizzardvizard posted:

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-485049997

My Mimikyu team's shaping up nicely. Mimikyu's not really the star of the team anymore I guess but I think he's a great tempo swing tool. Also made bad plays here and there but I think I'm getting the hang of it.

And I love Tapu Fini so, so much.

i seriously cannot deal with Fini, so bulky and taunt makes it hard to wallbreak her

Flagrama
Jun 19, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Dehry posted:

There's a 3DS emulator for PC that's good enough for pirates and they have a cheat code to turn off outlines on the character models.

Pretty sure there is an NTR plugin with that cheat as well, so mod-console users also can do that. Either that, or there is a modified CIA with that set.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Mizuti posted:

Ok. Now let's see Snorlax

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

Dehry posted:

Why would they do that? It looks really really bad imo

Dr. Knothead
Mar 28, 2012

Blaziken386 posted:

In my first round of breeding a beast ball beldum with a 6IV ditto, I got two with 5 perfect IVs. In everything except attack.

If you're still breeding up beldum, I'd love to get an egg to use as a secondary starter for my run of Moon. Let me know if you'd be OK with trading.

FC: 2466-2495-3978
Name: Peck

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Waffles Inc. posted:

i like it, so, probably because they like it

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Dr. Knothead posted:

If you're still breeding up beldum, I'd love to get an egg to use as a secondary starter for my run of Moon. Let me know if you'd be OK with trading.

FC: 2466-2495-3978
Name: Peck
Yeah, sure, why not.

Dr. Knothead
Mar 28, 2012

Blaziken386 posted:

Yeah, sure, why not.

You're awesome! I should be online in about 10 minutes.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Flagrama posted:

Pretty sure there is an NTR plugin with that cheat as well, so mod-console users also can do that. Either that, or there is a modified CIA with that set.

Correct.
I think you can get a patched rom, but that's really needless.
The plugin only works on a n3DS though.

Clocks posted:

You know, that would be great. I sent you a PM with my friend code and the pokemon I still need to see, so maybe we can work something out!

QR code scanning not doing the trick?
http://imgur.com/a/EFOqs

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Waffles Inc. posted:

If you watch the pre-recorded intro or any of the promotional material, they aren't outlined. It's only a thing in game.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
Finally close to getting a destiny knot. Does anyone want one? I can clone a few to save people from the godawful battle royale grind.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Dizz posted:

Finally close to getting a destiny knot. Does anyone want one? I can clone a few to save people from the godawful battle royale grind.

Yes please.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

Josuke Higashikata posted:

QR code scanning not doing the trick?
http://imgur.com/a/EFOqs
Can't QR scan legendaries and you need to have owned all the pokemon in the pokedex to get the shiny charm. :ssh: Thanks though, I did use that link earlier on for my scans. Tyblazitar helped trade the ones I was missing so that was a huge help. :)

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Dizz posted:

I can say from experience that Meowth with pickup that are caught in the park in the first town on island 3 will pick up destiny knots at the level you catch them at.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Evil Eagle posted:

I can say from experience that Meowth with pickup that are caught in the park in the first town on island 3 will pick up destiny knots at the level you catch them at.

no loving way

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Dizz posted:

no loving way
Well yeah, that's what most of us here in the thread meant by "grinding" for them. They're infinite BP but also on the Pickup table which doesn't seem to care about level at all.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Dizz posted:

I'd like one. I'm at work (and my 3DS is dead) right now so I can't do anything for the next ~3 hours, but once that's done I can come grab one.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Evil Eagle posted:

:catstare:

How do we still not have pickup tables.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
https://twitter.com/SonicBrawler/status/802686214180655105

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

I watched some of the new Pokemon anime, I haven't seen all of it but I can already confirm that after 20 years Team Rocket still rules and is the best. They're just so much more fun and entertaining than Ash and his gaggle of hangers on. Also, Jessie just caught a badass Mimikuyu with a personal grudge against all Pikachus and they all keep getting kidnapped by a Bewear, Every moment they were on screen was comedy gold.

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Dizz posted:

I'd be interested although I won't be available for at least 2 hours.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

I watched some of the new Pokemon anime, I haven't seen all of it but I can already confirm that after 20 years Team Rocket still rules and is the best. They're just so much more fun and entertaining than Ash and his gaggle of hangers on. Also, Jessie just caught a badass Mimikuyu with a personal grudge against all Pikachus and they all keep getting kidnapped by a Bewear, Every moment they were on screen was comedy gold.

I said this earlier, but I'll say it again. I cannot wait for Team Rocket Meowth to encounter an Alola Meowth and have a major personal crisis about it.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Sultan Tarquin posted:

What's the best way of levelling up a single mon quickly? I just need my Alakazam up like 10 levels so it learns Trick. The Pelago feels like it'd take an age. Random battles outside the battle tree maybe?

If you only need to level it up for a move, remember that in this gen the move relearner can give you moves you haven't hit yet. Heart scales are quite convenient!

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

They'll probably get rid of the outlines in the actual games once the series moves to the Switch's higher definition screens I think

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Dizz posted:

no loving way

Yep, save your BP

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

What's weird is that I've noticed the game turns off the outlines during certain animations, notably mega evolution and some z-moves

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!

cheetah7071 posted:

If you only need to level it up for a move, remember that in this gen the move relearner can give you moves you haven't hit yet. Heart scales are quite convenient!

That is amazing thanks. I just needed to learn Trick to give these ditto a berry so I can chain them properly. This is the generation where they de-obfuscated the IV mechanics to the point where you don't need a loving online stat checker or whatever bullshit. It just tells you the numbers right there in the box!

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Evil Eagle posted:

Yep, save your BP

me, five days ago: theres no way d knot is on the pickup tables, looks like im grinding tree/royal

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
*Me trying to trade a boldore for a boldore on the GTS to fill the dex*

This pokemon has already been traded!

For fucks sake. It took 6 drat tries.

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Recommended by 10 out of 10 Aragami

tyblazitar posted:

And thanks to you!

Bit late, but I'm definitely interested in a female one if you have a spare! Are you looking for anything in particular?

FC 3325-3410-1572, IGN tyb
Nothing in particular right now, so anything is fine

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

El Burbo posted:

What's weird is that I've noticed the game turns off the outlines during certain animations, notably mega evolution and some z-moves

Yeah, I noticed that when my Bewear kept using the Fighting Z-move, like, 25% of the time the outlines would be turned off.

The rest of the time it was the regular models though. Weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I just deposit for the GTS nowadays. Literally tossing up whatever I think people will bite on for pokemon I want. In a few days when my Avue eggs hatch I'll start tossing up Castforms to finish out my Dex.