Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

Just beat it with Saul, Ralph, Penelope, Jasmine, Sandy, and Wilma. Salazzle held her own and was easily MVP. Last battle was tense against Incineroar, it was down to 1v1. Raichu pulled it off though with her last Thunderbolt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Evil Eagle posted:

Yep, save your BP

gently caress

I don't even want anything else from this stupid poo poo

E: To those who want a destiny knot: take your time. I'll be available for about 6 hours so don't worry about missing chances. I can also give you one on another day if something doesn't work out.

I will be putting them on Castform / Vanillite.

Dizz fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Nov 28, 2016

kojei
Feb 12, 2008

Waffles Inc. posted:

Why would they do that? It looks really really bad imo

One extremely good reason to force outlines off is that there is incredibly significant framerate gains from not rendering them.

e: Doubles? Battle Royal? As long as the AI is done deciding on its next move, there's negligible framerate loss in them with outlines off.

kojei fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Nov 28, 2016

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Dizz posted:

gently caress

I don't even want anything else from this stupid poo poo

If you're breeding for IVs with the destiny knot surely you want the EV items as well

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Supremezero posted:

*Me trying to trade a boldore for a boldore on the GTS to fill the dex*

This pokemon has already been traded!

For fucks sake. It took 6 drat tries.
The same one six times? Can you just power through that error? Or were people beating you to them?

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Evil Eagle posted:

If you're breeding for IVs with the destiny knot surely you want the EV items as well

Chaining a few more mons won't really bother me. I can also stick them on that one island I never use for fine tuning.

cancerianmoth
Oct 18, 2012

Xelkelvos posted:

I found a Shiny Oricorio while leveling up mons to fill out the Pokedex. Still the rudest bird when it comes to capture rates and had to settle on a Repeat Ball instead of something cool. I'm tempted to used this on my team for shits and giggles. What's the best type?

Subjectively, the Baile form is the best. The spinning and stomps it does makes the moves looks so much cooler. Like with airslash, it spins while the slashes fly out. Objectively, its probably not the best typing though with 4x rock weakness.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

DACK FAYDEN posted:

The same one six times? Can you just power through that error? Or were people beating you to them?

The latter. It happens with all the trade evos.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
gently caress sake I just fainted a shiny ditto after a chain of 22 because I wasn't paying attention to the screen.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
So question: Does Shiny ditto transform into the shiny form of the pokemon it transforms into?

missed opportunity if not.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

Supremezero posted:

*Me trying to trade a boldore for a boldore on the GTS to fill the dex*

For fucks sake. It took 6 drat tries.

uh, did you consider putting your own boldore up instead?

Stalgren
Mar 22, 2006

Charizard Go!
I wonder how far they are gonna go with the mutiple dimensions stuff in pokemon, it feels like its leading up to something.

I hope its decent cause that and time travel seem to rarely be done well

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
We already had Time Travel. We beat up Giovanni.

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things
I've got an incredibly stupid question.

When I first got the game, my bestie specifically warned me not to use Wonder Trade because "it's just a bunch of hacked Pokemon and it'll get worse as time goes on."

Later that day I believe I heard or read somewhere (this is definitely third-hand knowledge and I can't find anything concrete confirming it) that there is a very serious penalty for having a hacked Pokemon on your save file - specifically I heard that attempting to save in a Pokemon Center while hacked Pokemon are present in data permanently freezes your game and keeps the cartridge from booting up again. Naturally, this has made me nervous and afraid to use Wonder Trade or even the GTS.

Is this just a load of crap that I heard and took for reality? Wonder Trade was one of my favorite things about XY, and I remember it gave me a great way to give away 4IV/etc. runts of the few Pokemon that I actually tried to breed to be competitive-ready. GTS would be fun to use, too. Sorry for this ignorance but thank you in advance.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

today I almost got swept by a ghost Z-conversion porygon-z

the only thing that stopped me from getting swept was the fact that he was running modest

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Electric Lady posted:

When I first got the game, my bestie specifically warned me not to use Wonder Trade because "it's just a bunch of hacked Pokemon and it'll get worse as time goes on."

Later that day I believe I heard or read somewhere (this is definitely third-hand knowledge and I can't find anything concrete confirming it) that there is a very serious penalty for having a hacked Pokemon on your save file - specifically I heard that attempting to save in a Pokemon Center while hacked Pokemon are present in data permanently freezes your game and keeps the cartridge from booting up again. Naturally, this has made me nervous and afraid to use Wonder Trade or even the GTS.

Is this just a load of crap that I heard and took for reality? Wonder Trade was one of my favorite things about XY, and I remember it gave me a great way to give away 4IV/etc. runts of the few Pokemon that I actually tried to breed to be competitive-ready. GTS would be fun to use, too. Sorry for this ignorance but thank you in advance.

That's not having hacked pokemon, that's using the tool one uses to make hacked pokemon.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I'd be down for more romps through the Dungeon Dimensions if it meant more Ultra Beasts.

E:

Electric Lady posted:

There's no punishment for having hacked pokémon, since, as you said, it's entirely possible to obtain them through no fault or knowledge of your own. The game might decide that there's something fishy about them, but at worst it means you can't use them for online battles and such.

Zulily Zoetrope fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Nov 28, 2016

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Electric Lady posted:

I don't think any part of that is true other than the part about getting hacked stuff on wonder trade

There was a glitch people were talking about when you saved but it wasn't because of getting hacked Pokémon from wonder trade.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Electric Lady posted:

Nah. There was a bug with a hacking tool that was loving with its user's saves, but that has nothing to do with any pokemon you may get from wonder trade.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
continuing my New Team Every Day plan to throw as much garbage at this meta and see what sticks. today, a garbage trick room team!

alolan persian is seriously carrying every lovely team i put him on, it's insane. Dark-Z w/ Taunt / Foul Play / Parting Shot / [filler] gives it a ton of utility and it can revenge kill some stupid stuff with STAB foul play. my current set has Sunny Day as the filler specifically so i can switch him in on Pelippers and use it when they switch in to Kingdra since i'm pretty sure that mon 6:0s every team i make.

unfortunately all of these are forfeits but w/e. i had one single full game this afternoon but it wasnt great so i didnt think to save it because like, i didnt think it'd be such a rarity

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pokebankou-485301368

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pokebankou-485306255

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pokebankou-485308672

here's the exportable if you care

quote:

gently caress college (Wishiwashi) @ Life Orb
Ability: Schooling
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- U-turn

alolan shellder (Slowbro) @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Grass Knot

incredible power (Tapu Bulu) @ Choice Band
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Wood Hammer
- Horn Leech
- Superpower
- Smart Strike

ryu from streets (Golem-Alola) @ Custap Berry
Ability: Sturdy
Happiness: 0
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Explosion
- Thunder Punch

healthcliff (Persian-Alola) @ Darkinium Z
Ability: Fur Coat
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Foul Play
- Parting Shot
- Taunt
- Sunny Day

flameo, hotman (Chandelure) @ Life Orb
Ability: Flash Fire
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Fire Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Pain Split

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Ruggington posted:

today I almost got swept by a ghost Z-conversion porygon-z

the only thing that stopped me from getting swept was the fact that he was running modest

Always Run +Speed.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Supremezero posted:

The latter. It happens with all the trade evos.

then put the evo up and let someone else do the work for you. clearly it won't take long if you're having such trouble on the other end

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
I know you guys are all IV EV sons of bitches but this is my first Pokemon game since Pearl and I'm about to do the second trial. Goddamn there aren't enough slots I want all these things to be my friend.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
also you would not BELIEVE how many times something hits golem and puts it between 26-49%, giving them the 2hko but not letting my custap activate. criminy.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
The Discord would not help me. They are weak!
Finish my team: Mimikyu (Ghost/Fairy, physical), Salazzle (Poison/Fire, special) Wishiwashi (water, murder), Tsareena (grass, physical), evolved cutiefly (Bug/Fairy, special). This is ingame. I know, you can pick anything, but I must be efficient. And I'm not sold on Cutiefly mk2 because it started wearing clothes.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Sultan Tarquin posted:

What's the best way of levelling up a single mon quickly? I just need my Alakazam up like 10 levels so it learns Trick. The Pelago feels like it'd take an age. Random battles outside the battle tree maybe?

I hope you haven't started yet because if all you need to do is teach it trick just take it to the move releaner. They changed it so he can teach a Pokemon any move as long as it can learn it via level up.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
So I just found out that if you have a Kanto Tent one of the possible quotes is "You’re 10,000 light-years from facing Brock!"

This is now absolutely my top priority.

Bogart posted:

Finish my team: Mimikyu (Ghost/Fairy, physical), Salazzle (Poison/Fire, special) Wishiwashi (water, murder), Tsareena (grass, physical), evolved cutiefly (Bug/Fairy, special). This is ingame. I know, you can pick anything, but I must be efficient. And I'm not sold on Cutiefly mk2 because it started wearing clothes.

Where's your starter?

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!

Electric Phantasm posted:

I hope you haven't started yet because if all you need to do is teach it trick just take it to the move releaner. They changed it so he can teach a Pokemon any move as long as it can learn it via level up.

Yeah d/w I got it and I'm on ditto #40

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Bogart posted:

alolan golem

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Senerio posted:

So I just found out that if you have a Kanto Tent one of the possible quotes is "You’re 10,000 light-years from facing Brock!"

This is now absolutely my top priority.
The tents are great if you like having dumb Plaza messages, including Would you like to use cut? and various Pokemon noises(my Unova tent gave me Bazzazzash!, which is apparently how BW wrote out Zekrom's cry).

Too bad which message you get is random, so you'll waste money on repeats while trying to get new ones.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

Senerio posted:

Where's your starter?

He is weak! And whenever I see him in Poke-Refresh I see him eyeing me. Scheming. I had him frozen. Alolan Golem might do.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

He's the exact wrong nature, but I don't care. I needed him in a beast ball.

Draxion fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Nov 29, 2016

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Pro Marowak Tip: Make sure to give it one extra speed point so it will beat other Marowaks in speed ties. You'd be surprised how often that mirror match comes up.

Beekeeping and You
Sep 27, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nWi9HIGJOE

i like this one

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Internet Kraken posted:

Pro Marowak Tip: Make sure to give it one extra speed point so it will beat other Marowaks in speed ties. You'd be surprised how often that mirror match comes up.

Always put the extra point in speed, unless it's already maxed. HP otherwise.

I dunno what you do with the final point with an hp/speed mon but on the other hand I can't imagine a build that would want that

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I kept fluctuating between wanting to give Lillie a fish and teaching her how to fish.

For the purposes of this metaphor, oddly 'teaching her how to fish' actually means 'giving her a fish'.

Literally. All like...
Lillie, take this goddamn Finneon. Seriously, it's not the best pokemon but it will at least help you catch better pokemon so you can HELP YOUR GODDAMN SELF FOR ONCE HOLY poo poo!

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
always put 12 extra EVs into speed because someone somewhere is going to put 8 in to outspeed the person who put 4 in to outspeed the person who put 0 in. but no one dares to put in 16 so youre safe

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I've survived at single digit hp many many more times than I've been outsped in a slow pokemon mirror, I'll keep the other EVs

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

ChrisBTY posted:

I kept fluctuating between wanting to give Lillie a fish and teaching her how to fish.

For the purposes of this metaphor, oddly 'teaching her how to fish' actually means 'giving her a fish'.

Literally. All like...
Lillie, take this goddamn Finneon. Seriously, it's not the best pokemon but it will at least help you catch better pokemon so you can HELP YOUR GODDAMN SELF FOR ONCE HOLY poo poo!

I dunno where you are but I really expected her to take the Exeggutor you encounter on the island. I also wished I could let her have the moonbat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

:slick: :slick: :slick: :slick:
"Oh jeez I got lost and bought a sundress again!!"