Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Black Baby Goku posted:

Everyone who responds to Muslim terror attacks with "But but but white males!" Needs to look in the mirror and realize this is why republicans control this country now.

Well Stalinist what's your solution?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

cravius posted:

What do white males have to do with this most recent terror attack?

white males are irrationally afraid of everything and everyone and vote morons into power QED

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

joeburz posted:

because of white males? yeah i agree

Laugh it up while republicans control all aspects of this society. You will always have your smugness.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

joeburz posted:

white males are irrationally afraid of everything and everyone and vote morons into power QED

This attitude is why you lose.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

NathanScottPhillips posted:

What are you talking about? You literally just said that the overwhelming majority of mass shootings are perpetrated by white men, which is completely and utterly false and when challeneged you change to ad-hominem attacks? Are you denying that violence and turmoil in the black community is one of the leading problems in America today?

Crime among black Americans is more likely to be against black Americans because black Americans still disproportionately live in segregated areas and people generally commit crimes against people in close geographic proximity. Gang violence related shooting incidents are also not "mass shootings" in a way that is relevant to what we're talking about. Gang violence has clear motivations and is generally against specific targets for specific reasoning. Mass shootings are, in general, either motivated by mental health issues or political radicalization and tend to be indiscriminately targeted.

Brainiac Five
Mar 28, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
As a leftist, I believe in genocide against religious minorities.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Would you really consider 2 billion people a minority?

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Black Baby Goku posted:

Laugh it up while republicans control all aspects of this society. You will always have your smugness.

I agree, white male fragility and an aggressive, militant desire to avoid confronting historical systemic oppression by in-groups against out-groups is the reason why this country is politically doomed.

Barent
Jun 15, 2007

Never die in vain.

DoctorWhat posted:

The loving brain-drain and corresponding resurgeance in blatant islamophobia, homophobia, "race realism", and other bigotry in USPOL following the election is heart-rending.

Agreed. I come here to get away from that nonsense, but I can't anymore I guess.

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

Lightning Knight posted:

Crime among black Americans is more likely to be against black Americans because black Americans still disproportionately live in segregated areas and people generally commit crimes against people in close geographic proximity. Gang violence related shooting incidents are also not "mass shootings" in a way that is relevant to what we're talking about. Gang violence has clear motivations and is generally against specific targets for specific reasoning. Mass shootings are, in general, either motivated by mental health issues or political radicalization and tend to be indiscriminately targeted.

What's your definition of a "mass shooting" then

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Black Baby Goku posted:

So you want to go to war with Islam?

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Petraeus getting shortlisted as SecState is the funniest god drat thing and the surest indication that Nothing Matters™.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lightning Knight posted:

I agree, white male fragility and an aggressive, militant desire to avoid confronting historical systemic oppression by in-groups against out-groups is the reason why this country is politically doomed.

These are the Ideas that lose elections.

Brainiac Five
Mar 28, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Black Baby Goku posted:

Oh, so we're going to massacre all Muslims in the world, not just the ones in the United States. No longer able to get it up at the thought of gunning down all the children in Dearborn Public Schools, are you?

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Crowsbeak posted:

So you want to go to war with Islam?

gently caress Islam is as good of an opinion as you will get out of me. gently caress their culture, their treatment of women, and how regressive they are. The fact that the "left" defends them and still believes in multiculturalism is a tired relic of the past that needs to expire.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

Barent posted:

Agreed. I come here to get away from that nonsense, but I can't anymore I guess.

My safe space :goonsay:

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Black Baby Goku posted:

Question, are the muslims you're complaining about American citizens who happen to be muslim, or an outpost of the great Islamic horde of 2 billion?

Because guess what, they are just as American as you are, and yes they are a minority in American society.

Also I like how you're mad at 'Islam' for how you perceive 'they' treat their women when the president of the United States is a sexual assault Er and his VP jailed women for having miscarriages.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

DoctorWhat posted:

The loving brain-drain and corresponding resurgeance in blatant islamophobia, homophobia, "race realism", and other bigotry in USPOL following the election is heart-rending.

I haven't been keeping up with the thread, where was the homophobia?

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Black Baby Goku posted:

gently caress Islam is as good of an opinion as you will get out of me. gently caress their culture, their treatment of women, and how regressive they are. The fact that the "left" defends them and still believes in multiculturalism is a tired relic of the past that needs to expire.

So do you support war against two billion people?

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

Black Baby Goku posted:

Black Baby Goku posted:

There's more white men.

Thinking emoji goes here

Brainiac Five
Mar 28, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I agree that multiculturalism has failed, for it has led to the existence of gamers.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lightning Knight posted:

I dunno dude, white males seem pretty strong right now

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Black Baby Goku posted:

Black Baby Goku posted:

There's more white men.

Looks like you answered your own question there

EDIT: Beaten

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Spaced God posted:

Thinking emoji goes here

Two different topics my friend.

Barent
Jun 15, 2007

Never die in vain.

cravius posted:

My safe space :goonsay:

I'd be fine with it if it was nuanced discussion from other viewpoints but it never is.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Black Baby Goku posted:

Two different topics my friend.

Do you want war on two billion people?

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

Black Baby Goku posted:

This attitude is why you lose.

nah, because white people are fragile little babies that comprise the largest population group in the country

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Here's a good laugh;

Furthermore, “The Lantern” — OSU’s campus newspaper — ran an interview with Artan just a few months ago, in which he criticized the school for not having Muslim prayer rooms on campus.

“I wanted to pray in the open, but I was kind of scared with everything going on in the media,” he stated. “I’m a Muslim, it’s not what the media portrays me to be.”

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

joeburz posted:

nah, because white people are fragile little babies that comprise the largest population group in the country

Uh huh...*backs away slowly from you*

Brainiac Five
Mar 28, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
When we consider the repulsive "culture" of gamer cockroaches, their feculent stench, their sexual depravity, it is immediately apparent that we must use any and all means to wipe out this scourge, this pestilence, this menace.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Black Baby Goku posted:

Do you want war on two billion people?

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Black Baby Goku posted:

You sound just like my uncle talking about blacks and Mexicans. Y'all would get along. Do you also make a point to buy things made in the USA?

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
It's hard to find nuance when the other side are advocating genocide, mass repression, registries, and are unironically heilling in Washington DC ballrooms.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Al-Saqr posted:

It's hard to find nuance when the other side are advocating genocide, mass repression, registries, and are unironically heilling in Washington DC ballrooms.

It's hard to listen to people making excuses for terrorists.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lightning Knight posted:

I was speaking to the general issue, but considering we announced we're going to war in Somalia today and have in the past, probably.

I'm kind of tired of the assumption that whenever a white guy does a mass shooting it must be mental illness, but when a Muslim does it it must be politically-motivated terrorism

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Black Baby Goku posted:

Seems like you're too much of a coward to answer the question keyboard crusader.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

cravius posted:

What's your definition of a "mass shooting" then

A crime involving a certain degree of pre-planning in which the perpetrator goes to a public or semi-public place they know to have a large number of people where they proceed to attempt to indiscriminately kill as many people as possible before they are themselves killed or apprehended, which is generally motivated by mental health decline and possibly also by political aims.

By this definition, yes, some guy whose wife cheats on him with a coworker and he goes to work and kills both of them and then himself would not be a mass shooting. This is an example that happened at a friend's college. I feel that the "indiscriminate targets" part is important because it's what leads to such high body counts.

Guy Goodbody posted:

I dunno dude, white males seem pretty strong right now

Politically powerful, but with the mindset of children who don't want to share their toys. It's a dangerous combination.

Black Baby Goku posted:

gently caress Islam Christianity is as good of an opinion as you will get out of me. gently caress their culture, their treatment of women, and how regressive they are. The fact that the "left" defends them and still believes in multiculturalism is a tired relic of the past that needs to expire.

Hmmmmm. I wonder how this sounds now.

Barent
Jun 15, 2007

Never die in vain.
To be fair, I think as religious doctrine Islam is bad and dumb and regressive, but that doesn't mean I have to also want to kill/deport all Muslims.

But I'm also not a garbage person with a tiny brain, so YMMV.

NathanScottPhillips
Jul 23, 2009

Lightning Knight posted:

The source used in this thread 2 pages ago http://www.gunviolencearchive.org/ with 420 deaths and 1443 injuries does not distinguish between gang violence and political or mental violence.

If you have a source about white males being the largest perpetrators of political/mental mass shootings I would like to see that and also see you change your language.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brainiac Five
Mar 28, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Black Baby Goku posted:

It's hard to listen to people making excuses for terrorists.

Actually, it's easy to listen to your posts, knowing that you'll never work up the guts to take part in pogroms even if your wish comes true.

• Locked thread