Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
i actually love these rosters (except for jesiz who willingly inflicted his s4 play style on us innocent viewers)

kakao might be bad now or whatever but i just want to see his smile again :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

lol

Action George
Apr 13, 2013
Rekkles-Jesiz sounds like the most stereotypical EU bot lane imaginable.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Holy hell that fnatic botlane looks sad. Jesiz said he did pretty well in KR soloq but as we could tell with Keith it means nothing. Well atleast he will have decent mechanics for support because he use to play a role that actually required some such as adc/mid. Might be like a cheap corejj at best.

Caps though I have high hopes for him he was bodying everyone in EU challenger scene. He will be as strong as most EU lcs mids I think unless he has nerve issues on stage but he also played in turkish lcs so it shouldnt be that bad.

Zwingley
Sep 20, 2011

"My dear Seth, you look absolutely dashing!"

Hair Elf
Go home, EU, you're drunk.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Sexpansion posted:

ok I guess I'm a misfits fan now

i hate to break it to you but kakao is really bad now. like his team got relegated to challenger

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

rabidsquid posted:

i hate to break it to you but kakao is really bad now. like his team got relegated to challenger
they didn't get relegated TO challenger, they merely kept nearly getting relegated FROM challenger, important distinction

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Chris de Sperg posted:

they didn't get relegated TO challenger, they merely kept nearly getting relegated FROM challenger, important distinction

lspl is not actually challenger it's the secondary league! and wan yoo dream stands no chance against super batman so

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

RealFoxy posted:

Hopefully soon NA teams will learn that players like Reignover are once in a lifetime and not the average. More often than not a Korean player comes over and they're just marginally better than any other players are, and the investment in teaching them English and making sure they fit in with the team is usually seasons long so your investment doesn't turn out until a year or a year and a half later; that's a huge risk sometimes when a Pro's career is usually 3 years.

lol

literally took three posts to prove me right, never change eu

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
fnatic lmao

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
I have't been paying attention to the post-worlds shakeup at all, what brought about everyone going back to Korea?

im old rick bitch
Oct 19, 2004

How does it feel?
the illusion of competition outside of Korea was shattered and the pay gap was lowered

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

CLG Ryu make my dreams come tree-u

archduke.iago
Mar 1, 2011

Nostalgia used to be so much better.

Faker resigned with SKT, Duke and Bengi! are out.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Bengi & Duke were the only two that didnt re-sign with SKT. PoohManDu is also leaving.

e: f;b

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

bengi barely played last season, and he was instrumental in their world's win. gotta think there's weird circumstances there.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

I'm gonna be genuinely weirded out if we don't see SKT Peanut in the next two weeks. They absolutely have the money to do it and I can't think of anyone better to put on the starting roster, unless kkOma's got a lot of faith in Blank.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Vermain posted:

I'm gonna be genuinely weirded out if we don't see SKT Peanut in the next two weeks. They absolutely have the money to do it and I can't think of anyone better to put on the starting roster, unless kkOma's got a lot of faith in Blank.
Although I believe that Peanut could absolutely become the player that SKT needs because of Kkoma's coaching, I think SKT would be better off finding a Jungler that already does what they want them to. Through both Incarnations of SKT they've never had the KaKao/InSec type jungler and they've done just fine without them because of how they play around the map. If you're looking for a Bengi-type Chaser is a lot more aggressive but similarly really knows how to work the map but I think SKT would probably just go with another rookie or a lesser-known Jungler

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Looks like that speculated KT roster was correct: Smeb, Pawn, and Score are all confirmed to have been signed. This is going to be one hell of an LCK season.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

in other news, kt has found the ability to completely replace a man's spine

e: i really don't understand signing pawn but hey whatever

Schnorkles fucked around with this message at 06:40 on Nov 29, 2016

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

RealFoxy posted:

Although I believe that Peanut could absolutely become the player that SKT needs because of Kkoma's coaching, I think SKT would be better off finding a Jungler that already does what they want them to. Through both Incarnations of SKT they've never had the KaKao/InSec type jungler and they've done just fine without them because of how they play around the map. If you're looking for a Bengi-type Chaser is a lot more aggressive but similarly really knows how to work the map but I think SKT would probably just go with another rookie or a lesser-known Jungler

Chaser looked bad on LZ but I agree with u he would fit well with SKT's methodical playstyle which was also what made him excel in Jin Air. Anyway everyone looks bad on LZ minus Expession/Crash/Frozen.

Kaidyn
May 22, 2009

What is there left to discover about donuts...?
I'd argue that Pawn is a pretty solid midlaner that just isn't incredibly flashy or anything so is thus underrated by people who only care about big plays and 1v5 carries when in actuality it's a bad thing to have 4/5 people playing together that have never played together and are all playing high econ carries.

Also part of the reason may be because Pawn has played with both Mata and Deft and thus will help in building team synergy better than just signing random flashy mid laner 32.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Pawn looked pretty good in the games he played at worlds imo not good enough to carry dumpsterlove but still.

Also im kinda worried for TSM who still have Wildturtle in their house. I thought WT might be a good buy for EF but TSM can surely get someone better. I don't understand why they are so scared of getting a Korean player.

Zwingley
Sep 20, 2011

"My dear Seth, you look absolutely dashing!"

Hair Elf

archduke.iago posted:

Faker resigned with SKT, Duke and Bengi! are out.

Okay this actually freaked me out a bit because I didn't read it as Faker re-signing with SKT. :v:

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Kaidyn posted:

I'd argue that Pawn is a pretty solid midlaner that just isn't incredibly flashy or anything so is thus underrated by people who only care about big plays and 1v5 carries when in actuality it's a bad thing to have 4/5 people playing together that have never played together and are all playing high econ carries.

Also part of the reason may be because Pawn has played with both Mata and Deft and thus will help in building team synergy better than just signing random flashy mid laner 32.

pawn is actually vastly overrated because he's been able to play on teams where he isn't required to carry so he can just farm up and then make flashy plays and if he fucks up it doesn't matter, and if he succeeds he puts them over the top. but he's ALSO overrated because people don't know how terribly out of practice he got from not being able to play solo queue for months. people just say china ruined him, because having to know stuff before you speak about it is a very great burden

re: Smeb on KT, i wonder if he's just gonna end up as a marginal upgrade over Ssumday. also it really seems like Ssumday didn't want to go to another team, bummer for him.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Smeb and Ssumday is a complete wash, it's really lovely to drop him when he's been with KT for like 4 years. I hope he can jump to a decent team.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Blank stays with SKT. I wonder if they're going to do the one jungler thing

e; It would own if whatever team Bengi goes to ends up in Worlds finals and he spends all game camping Faker

Kashuno fucked around with this message at 14:03 on Nov 29, 2016

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Firebert posted:

Smeb and Ssumday is a complete wash, it's really lovely to drop him when he's been with KT for like 4 years. I hope he can jump to a decent team.

Ssumday is going to end up on SKT which is hilarious, considering their history. It's also pretty funny since Duke (who used to be on KT) would be dropped for him.

SKT Peanut is the best thing every, btw.

Also totally unrelated but this Biofrost thresh play is really sick: https://clips.twitch.tv/tsm_doublelift/InquisitiveWolverineHassanChop

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

These Inven League political cartoons are pretty okay.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Sexpansion posted:

Ssumday is going to end up on SKT which is hilarious, considering their history. It's also pretty funny since Duke (who used to be on KT) would be dropped for him.

SKT Peanut is the best thing every, btw.

Also totally unrelated but this Biofrost thresh play is really sick: https://clips.twitch.tv/tsm_doublelift/InquisitiveWolverineHassanChop

duke's tenure on skt has been bizarre and he just hasn't meshed well. [lmao they still won worlds]

skt is a great example of being the least worst or something because they had obvious issues and had to pull a jungler off the bench who basically never played and even ended up giving him a champion that he's never played competitively ever and they still won worlds

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Yeah Duke just felt bizarre on SKT. I wonder if Bengi is retiring

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Kashuno posted:

Yeah Duke just felt bizarre on SKT. I wonder if Bengi is retiring

I kind of thought Bengi would end up coaching, maybe he will go be a coach somewhere.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
strange to me that a team winning worlds is the least bad, maybe everyone following this game and playing this game is mentally ill

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

stump collector posted:

strange to me that a team winning worlds is the least bad, maybe everyone following this game and playing this game is mentally ill

guilty as charged

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Pray apparently had a stream on AfreecaTV where he was playing with Peanut and he dropped a whole bunch of hints that Peanut might be picked up by SKT, including Peanut meeting someone important in the org and having a lunch with them. Possibly RIP the NA Peanut dreams.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

rabidsquid posted:

pawn is actually vastly overrated because he's been able to play on teams where he isn't required to carry so he can just farm up and then make flashy plays and if he fucks up it doesn't matter, and if he succeeds he puts them over the top. but he's ALSO overrated because people don't know how terribly out of practice he got from not being able to play solo queue for months. people just say china ruined him, because having to know stuff before you speak about it is a very great burden

re: Smeb on KT, i wonder if he's just gonna end up as a marginal upgrade over Ssumday. also it really seems like Ssumday didn't want to go to another team, bummer for him.

I think pawn will do much better in KT with a real jungler. Misaya/U/pawn had to play with clearlove unfortunately. Imo he looked as good as Scout in the games at worlds. The intz loss was with Pawn but he was only one playing well and they both lost to H2k.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Is KT going to the super team that actually does well?

No

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

According inven rumor posted on reddit. SKT trying out a bunch of toplaners so it might not be Profit who is their starter. It says Flame tried out for the spot too. Also that LZ are gonna get two returning koreans as mid jungler. Maybe its dandy along with some other kr mid. He had issues with Dade in the past so Idon't know about that.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Ulio posted:

According inven rumor posted on reddit. SKT trying out a bunch of toplaners so it might not be Profit who is their starter. It says Flame tried out for the spot too. Also that LZ are gonna get two returning koreans as mid jungler. Maybe its dandy along with some other kr mid. He had issues with Dade in the past so Idon't know about that.

Is Rookie's contract up yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Sexpansion posted:

Is Rookie's contract up yet?

probably ryu. i've always heard that rookie loves china so he won't move i bet (which is a shame for me cause he's one of my fav players and i almost never get to see him play)

• Locked thread