Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
axeil
Feb 14, 2006

dest posted:

As unlikely as that may seem today, having lost the final win-and-in game from 2011-2013... I'm going to be nervous until the playoff birth is clinched.

When can the Cowboys clinch anyway? Is just beating the Giants in 2 weeks and not giving up any ground before that enough?

blue squares posted:

Fivethirtyeight gives the Cowboys a >99% chance of making the playoffs

Good thing it's not Princeton Election Football Consortium saying that then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets
The Cowboys would have to lose out to have any chance of not making the playoffs. They win the tiebreaker over a bunch of teams if they were to go 11-5.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

axeil posted:

When can the Cowboys clinch anyway? Is just beating the Giants in 2 weeks and not giving up any ground before that enough?

Good thing it's not Princeton Election Football Consortium saying that then.

They virtually clinch a playoff berth with 11 wins, I think. Losing the division would require going 2-3 or worse over the next 5 games and the Giants going 5-0, or the Giants beating the Cowboys and both teams finishing 12-4. Both scenarios are possible, but neither is likely.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

NFC Wildcard chances - top 3 probabilities are NFCE teams :smug:

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Vikings missing the playoffs and continuously losing the rest of the season and the Eagles making the playoffs AND taking the Vikings first round pick in the process would make Howie Roseman look like Houdini.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
so, when does the favorable portion of the eagles schedule start

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

corn on the cop posted:

so, when does the favorable portion of the eagles schedule start
January 2nd

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
The Eagles have brought shame upon our division.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Zoran posted:

PURGE. PURGE THE SHAMEFUL LOSERS.

Just imagine me frothing at the mouth, and you'll get the gist of it.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Shinjobi posted:

PURGE. PURGE THE SHAMEFUL LOSERS.

Just imagine me frothing at the mouth, and you'll get the gist of it.

Pederson about to do that for yall

Matt Lombardo posted:

Pederson challenged the #Eagles after game Multiple players say message was 'We'll find who wants to be part of this team in last 5 games.'

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Zoran posted:

lmao

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
"Yeah I totally see the Eagles winning out, they are just better"

-people in this thread before the Eagles lose to GB at home

Now we have someone below 500 in the greatest division. Shameful.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.
Watching this guy dance all night was the most entertaining part of the game for me.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Febreeze posted:

They're the first NFC East team to make the Packers' D look competent

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Febreeze posted:

it was hilarious. Multiple people in the playoff thread thought this trash rear end team would finish with 10 wins

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

straight up brolic posted:

it was hilarious. Multiple people in the playoff thread thought this trash rear end team would finish with 10 wins

They still can....

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

CyberPingu posted:

They still can....
hold on to what you got, it doesnt really matter if they make it or not

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

straight up brolic posted:

hold on to what you got, it doesnt really matter if they make it or not

Eh to be honest im not super bummed if they dont make it to 10 wins/playoffs. This season has already passed my win expectation, and like it has been said in other threads if we get a decent #1 WR and CB then we have a good shot next year

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

CyberPingu posted:

Eh to be honest im not super bummed if they dont make it to 10 wins/playoffs. This season has already passed my win expectation, and like it has been said in other threads if we get a decent #1 WR and CB then we have a good shot next year
You've got eachother, and that's a lot for love. You'll give it a shot.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I stand by my previous assertion that the eagles are out and the seahawks are in as honorary members of the NFCE.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Eagles got the rough end of the curve with the reffing. They weren't playing well, though.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Mr. Nice! posted:

I stand by my previous assertion that the eagles are out and the seahawks are in as honorary members of the NFCE.

Just because they've gained a fanbase within the last 4 years doesn't mean they should be allowed into the best division in the NFL.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Spacebump posted:

Just because they've gained a fanbase within the last 4 years doesn't mean they should be allowed into the best division in the NFL.

The eagles have dropped below .500 and should be relegated until they can win enough to be welcomed back. They can go win one of the other divisions and maybe next year they can rejoin the NFCE. Seattle is ready to be promoted.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I have a really bitter taste in my mouth that this division is no longer all above .500

incompetent
Jun 4, 2013

The team responsible for this happens to have no Lombardi trophies.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Watch the Giants quietly slip into the playoffs and win the loving Super Bowl again.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Yodzilla posted:

Watch the Giants quietly slip into the playoffs and win the loving Super Bowl again.

It really isn't quietly when they've got the 2nd best conference record

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Yodzilla posted:

Something tells me they're not going to fare as well when they aren't playing the Bears/Browns/Rams/Bengals

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

TheChirurgeon posted:

Something tells me they're not going to fare as well when they aren't playing the Bears/Browns/Rams/Bengals

Like Dallas?

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Dallas needs to player a real team. The problem is outside the patriots nobody can figure out who this is yet.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Apples and Oranges. Dallas beat the Steelers in Pittsburgh, the Packers in Green Bay, the Eagles, and the Ravens, and blew out most of the bad teams on their schedule. The Cowboys have a point differential of +103, compared to +18 for the Giants playing many of the same teams.

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

He was saying the giants needed to play a real team like Dallas

You know, the team they beat in their home stadium week one

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Iodised QQ posted:

He was saying the giants needed to play a real team like Dallas

You know, the team they beat in their home stadium week one

That's a weird way to parse that, but ok

You'll excuse me if I don't consider a 1-point win over a team starting a rookie QB in his first season game to be a resounding measure of strength. Both the Cowboys and the Giants have changed quite a bit since then.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
My free upgrade to 1,000 MBps Gigabit internet rolling out on Thursday in my area softens this blow from last night a little.

But only a little.

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets
As soon as a team loses to the Cowboys, they're a bad team.

That said, let's see how the Cowboys do after the next two games. The Vikings and Giants are good teams right?

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Lote posted:

As soon as a team loses to the Cowboys, they're a bad team.

That said, let's see how the Cowboys do after the next two games. The Vikings and Giants are good teams right?

I don't think the Vikings are a good team

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
WTF happened to our pass rush?!?

My only excuse I can make is that Aaron Rodgers is too familar with Jim Schwartz and is still Aaron Rodgers at the end of the day and has just been in a slump. Wentz looks better than everything around him on offense. We've been seeing how this team is with being gutted of all of our playmakers via Chip.

But, on the same note, we wouldn't have gotten Wentz had we still had those playmakers so who the gently caress knows :shrug:

89 fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Nov 29, 2016

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

exploded mummy posted:

It really isn't quietly when they've got the 2nd best conference record

It's more that I hear nobody talking about them. Not just hear but around the office and among my friends everything is Eagles, Cowboys, and Redskins and whoops here's the Giants with an 8-3 record and on a drat roll.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

89 posted:

WTF happened to our pass rush?!?

Aaron Rodgers is a good QB who can get rid of the ball quickly and doesn't make a lot of mistakes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Every time Dallas plays a non joke team, they quickly take a turn for the worse, making hindsight a big thing. I do think the Ravens defense and the Redskins offense were legitimate tests though.

• Locked thread