Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Well that's good. It was weird that they were advertising it by going "look at this lady, she stars in it as a voice actor of a character, isn't that cool" when it was much cooler imo that you could wreck the terrain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSZ2uCFx-2k

The Jupiter Hell kickstarter guys got the voice of male Sheppard from Mass Effect to advertise their game, which is......???? Okay, not sure how that happened, but okay!

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

glam rock hamhock posted:

I am now up to Velvet's story and the game is just so good through and through. It'sw amazing how they took a character that was hard as hell to play in the original (Velvet) and pretty much made her into Kratos.
It's a fantastic update, but I have to say it feels a little easy. I've been playing on Normal and effortlessly S-ranking most stages. The answer might just be to switch to Hard mode, but still.

Also, while I like the addition of the traveling Pooka chef, I kinda dislike how they handled the pre-existing Pooka restaurants.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

StrixNebulosa posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSZ2uCFx-2k

The Jupiter Hell kickstarter guys got the voice of male Sheppard from Mass Effect to advertise their game, which is......???? Okay, not sure how that happened, but okay!

Money is how it happened

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

In Training posted:

Money is how it happened

Yeah, but....why the voice actor? Why that dude? I'd think an advertisement from one of the Doom devs would be more.... worthwhile, not a rando voice actor.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Jay Rust posted:

We'll need December gaming puns soon

December Chat Thread: they called the new Xmas the Xmas one

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Tom Clancy's December Chat Thread

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

devtesla posted:

Tom Clancy's December Chat Thread MAIN CHARACTER DESIGN: TETSUYA NOMURA

fixed.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

devtesla posted:

Tom Clancy's December Chat Thread MAIN CHARACTER DESIGN: TETSUYA NOMURA by Jay Rust

and again.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Bad Seafood posted:

It's a fantastic update, but I have to say it feels a little easy. I've been playing on Normal and effortlessly S-ranking most stages. The answer might just be to switch to Hard mode, but still.

Also, while I like the addition of the traveling Pooka chef, I kinda dislike how they handled the pre-existing Pooka restaurants.

I've been playing on hard and haven't had that much trouble getting S ranks though some battles can still be a bitch. Wagner has a move that can basically instakill you and that makes that fight aggravating considering all of his other moves are no big deal. Also the two yeti fight is a nightmare.

I don't mind the money pooka restaurants. The more experience and hit points, the better really and if I recall you needed to give them money and ingredients before so I'm fine with them making those two separate restaurant types.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Bad Seafood posted:

Xbox with your red ring so bright,
Why won't you run my games tonight :(

A little dated but whatever :)

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

https://twitter.com/bossquiat/status/803442813874634752

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
why do people do this

imagine being this insane

edit: I really just can't wrap my head around it. I feel such pity for someone so starved for attention, someone so desperate to be looked at. I don't know how to think of this Bobo person, other than that they must be very sad and that I hope their real life is doing okay. :(

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Phil Spencer gettin' all fanboy over Nintendo.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

In January Yakuza 0, Tales of Berseria and Resi 7 all come out within a couple of days of each other. I'll probably wait on RE though, I'm not interested if it ends up being bigger budget Outlast.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I wonder if I'll ever actually get around to playing Yakuza 5. I was pretty lukewarm on 3 but rather liked 4 when you got to play as the cop who could counter moves. Just don't know if there's enough there for me to commit to another game.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

CJacobs posted:

why do people do this
It's the teenager mentality of 'I'm going to run away and something will happen to me and then you'll all be sorry'. The person is basically mentally a teenager which is ok if he really is one.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

Did rainbow six siege end up any good? I doubt I could ever run it and IIRC it is mostly based around multiplayer so it'll probably be dead by the time I could feasibly play it, but I liked the idea of being able to destroy the terrain and shoot and dig through walls and floors and ceilings and stuff

I think people were surprised by how good it is. It's not the kind of shooter that gets released these days so it built up a pretty devoted cult following.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Quest For Glory II posted:

it's back!!! that's right

Maybe there will at least be a backwards compatible version of Soul Calibur V for Xbox One. :/

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Nate RFB posted:

I wonder if I'll ever actually get around to playing Yakuza 5. I was pretty lukewarm on 3 but rather liked 4 when you got to play as the cop who could counter moves. Just don't know if there's enough there for me to commit to another game.

I am trying to get my PlayStation 3 back just so I can finally play Yakuza 5. Hopefully this month. I have never played these games before, but the PlayStation thread brings it up a lot and I watched a Youtube recently that explained why Yakuza 5 was so amazing and so now I really want to play it.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Phil Spencer gettin' all fanboy over Nintendo.

Phil Spencer is a good man and we need more people like him in the industry

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

I said come in! posted:

I am trying to get my PlayStation 3 back just so I can finally play Yakuza 5. Hopefully this month. I have never played these games before, but the PlayStation thread brings it up a lot and I watched a Youtube recently that explained why Yakuza 5 was so amazing and so now I really want to play it.
They're very goofy and fun games, but I think I just have so little patience for exploring open world games. So much of the content in 3/4 felt like busy work, which is why the only real amount of fun I had was with certain combat situations (aforementioned cop character). That's not to say the individual zany moments in the story are not a blast because they certainly are, I just get so bored in between them.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Palpek posted:

It's the teenager mentality of 'I'm going to run away and something will happen to me and then you'll all be sorry'. The person is basically mentally a teenager which is ok if he really is one.

I hope he is a teenager because that'd be the least embarrassing thing about him in this situation.

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you

FirstAidKite posted:

Did rainbow six siege end up any good? I doubt I could ever run it and IIRC it is mostly based around multiplayer so it'll probably be dead by the time I could feasibly play it, but I liked the idea of being able to destroy the terrain and shoot and dig through walls and floors and ceilings and stuff
Rainbow Six: Siege is like the JJ Abrams Star Trek reboot of the video game world. It's a pretty good sci-fi action movie... but it's a terrible Star Trek movie.

Cardboard Box A posted:

What are you talking about

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
Chat Thread: Shantae and a Flying Dingo Blogging About Their Roadtrip Across Duscae

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

CJacobs posted:

why do people do this

imagine being this insane

edit: I really just can't wrap my head around it. I feel such pity for someone so starved for attention, someone so desperate to be looked at. I don't know how to think of this Bobo person, other than that they must be very sad and that I hope their real life is doing okay. :(

you got owned please be more gracious about it

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Stux posted:

you got owned please be more gracious about it
Well, guess we found out who but still unclear on the why

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
that isnt me but the why is very obvious: so people will do things like that where they make a big ol' post about it and think about it

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9j-MHzwEQ8

Can't wait to hop on an animatronic goomba irl

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Looks like Titanfall 2's gonna be having a free trial in a couple days, I encourage anyone who hasn't already to try the game out.

Daztek posted:

https://www.titanfall.com/en_us/news/free-multiplayer-trial/

Titanfall 2 will host a free trial of the game's full multiplayer offering. The trial* will begin for EA Access and Origin Access members on November 30th, and become available for all players starting December 2nd on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and Origin for PC. This will feature a full offering including all maps, modes, weapons and more including brand new content from Angel City’s Most Wanted DLC on December 3rd.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

https://twitter.com/lowtax/status/803378967843586049?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

https://twitter.com/lowtax/status/803393930998022144?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

https://twitter.com/lowtax/status/803394984070311936/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
man, now I'm gonna play that and be sad that I didn't get it cheap.

edit: ^ that is some classic poo poo.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
It'll be cheap again. I believe that Titanfall 2 will have regular discounts in stores and as a downloadable title because it keeps their momentum up. If you want to play a shooter and you don't have an innate preference between TF2 and the new Call of Duty, seeing one nearly half the price of the other is good bait. They want to build the player base on Sony consoles so when they release Titanfall 3 in a year or two people will have positive feelings about the franchise. They'll keep it competitively priced and give all the DLC that effects gameplay for free, compared to Infinite Warfare which can be $80 for the legacy edition with another ~$30 for a season pass for maps that will see limited rotation because it fragments the player base. I know that when I played a lot of BLOPS3, nearly anytime I was in a party with goons it would always been the standard maps because at least one person didn't have the expansions.

Titanfall 2 has a solid single player campaign that doesn't take too long to beat and teach the player a lot about how to maneuver and utilize the Titan. Multiplayer is great fun in any of the modes and I hope that anyone curious gives it a shot during the free weekend.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

LawfulWaffle posted:

It'll be cheap again. I believe that Titanfall 2 will have regular discounts in stores and as a downloadable title because it keeps their momentum up. If you want to play a shooter and you don't have an innate preference between TF2 and the new Call of Duty, seeing one nearly half the price of the other is good bait. They want to build the player base on Sony consoles so when they release Titanfall 3 in a year or two people will have positive feelings about the franchise. They'll keep it competitively priced and give all the DLC that effects gameplay for free, compared to Infinite Warfare which can be $80 for the legacy edition with another ~$30 for a season pass for maps that will see limited rotation because it fragments the player base. I know that when I played a lot of BLOPS3, nearly anytime I was in a party with goons it would always been the standard maps because at least one person didn't have the expansions.

Titanfall 2 has a solid single player campaign that doesn't take too long to beat and teach the player a lot about how to maneuver and utilize the Titan. Multiplayer is great fun in any of the modes and I hope that anyone curious gives it a shot during the free weekend.

i dont know if any of this matters when tf2 is a bad game that sucks sorry

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Titanfall 2 pwns butthole.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
its really dull and bad and feels like poo poo and there is a reason they have to drop the price and stuff so quickly while cod can stay at full price even after a new one comes out

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
cod isnt going to get unseated until someone else works out how to make shooting feel pleasurable and unfortunately that is an impossible task according to almost every other mp fps

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Stux posted:

its really dull and bad and feels like poo poo and there is a reason they have to drop the price and stuff so quickly while cod can stay at full price even after a new one comes out

please explain more thoroughly, I have not played titanfall 2

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

i like to play overwatch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Captain Invictus posted:

please explain more thoroughly, I have not played titanfall 2

the guns feel like toys and somehow a franchise whose whole gimmick is the movement stuff didnt do the movement stuff as well as black ops 3 did. its very generic but doesnt even have good gun play to make up for it like cod does.

• Locked thread