Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Gyro salad for second day in a row.

Spinning meat gains.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I've been working 7:30pm until noon daily for the last week or so. Also been making good gains, blood pressure gains.

naem
May 29, 2011

jonathan posted:

I've been working 7:30pm until noon daily for the last week or so. Also been making good gains, blood pressure gains.

I thin my blood with alcohol

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.
That's a lovely shift what do you do

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

Retard masturbator

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

I only pray, Heaven knows when to lift you out

jonathan posted:

on first read I thought you said working OUT from 730 p.m. to noon and I was like drat

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

He works from home

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Tiny Lowtax posted:

He works from home

Very dedicated to his job

Winnie the Shit
Dec 25, 2005

the cat came back

jonathan posted:

have you considered running away and not working anymore tho

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.

FedEx Mercury posted:

I guess after a hard workout like that your brain would be in the proper low functioning mindset required to enjoy that abortion of Metal Gear game.

MGS5 was pretty fun if you just ignored the total lack of plot, character exposition and development and subsequent waste of bad rear end characters (BOSS THATS AN ENEMY GUNSHIP), and also that it was totally unfinished past Chapter 1. Venom had so much potential and then Chapter 2 just... ends.

I know it wont happen because Konami, but maybe, someday, we can hope to get a game that explores Revolver Ocelot's development from MGS5 to MGS1.

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Fallows posted:

That's a lovely shift what do you do

Not really a "shift" just trying to work the max allowable that the law gives me. I do waste fluid tanker work in the Canadian oil patch. Trying to get my vacation savings back after depleting it on everything but vacations!

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Tiny Lowtax posted:

Retard masturbator

Do you mean I am a masturbator who is mentally challenged, or do you mean I work as a care aid for the mentally challenged, specializing as a fluffer of sorts ?

Because one of these is VErY INSULTING

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Winnie the poo poo posted:

have you considered running away and not working anymore tho

If I put the truck which weighs around 130,000lbs loaded, into low gear, let out the clutch then ran up front and laid down feet first Infront of the tire, how far would I get flattened before going unconscious ?

Would my major organs explode out my skull or would they find a different route ?

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
why would you not just lay head first?

e. I reckon it would burst your chest in a very satisfying matter feet first and you'd prob be alive until your head popped

E_P
Feb 22, 2003

Dum Cumpster posted:

Could you fix it yourself or did you manage to find someone out there who could?
I had to contact the maker. I bought it at the elitefts factory in the rear end end of Ohio when I was going to college in Dayton but nowaday I live in S. Korea. I sent them a few emails and eventually gave them my friends military APO to ship to since it is about 100 dollars cheaper and they then proceeded to freak out in a MAGA/ARE TROOPS style and not charge me anything for the replacement. I wouldnt have been able to fix it myself because a simple weld would have broken again really easily.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

E_P posted:

I had to contact the maker. I bought it at the elitefts factory in the rear end end of Ohio when I was going to college in Dayton but nowaday I live in S. Korea. I sent them a few emails and eventually gave them my friends military APO to ship to since it is about 100 dollars cheaper and they then proceeded to freak out in a MAGA/ARE TROOPS style and not charge me anything for the replacement. I wouldnt have been able to fix it myself because a simple weld would have broken again really easily.

LOL :911: I thought I remembered you were in Korea or Japan and was wondering if you managed to find the only powerlifting gear supplier in the country

E_P
Feb 22, 2003

Everything powerlifting is out of POZstralia. People here generally aint trying to get too big very much afraid to eat a lot. That said I have seen some massive Koreans but it is a lot more rare whereas in the US you can find a few juiced up gym rats per big commercial gym.

Winnie the Shit
Dec 25, 2005

the cat came back

jonathan posted:

If I put the truck which weighs around 130,000lbs loaded, into low gear, let out the clutch then ran up front and laid down feet first Infront of the tire, how far would I get flattened before going unconscious ?

Would my major organs explode out my skull or would they find a different route ?

i dunno i kind of imagine less exploding but like a tube of toothpaste and everything is just gonna ooze out where it can through broken skin. like stomping on a roach. i don't think you would make it much further than ribcage area if the truck is taking its sweet time crushing you. i might have a nightmare about this, nn.

krampster2
Jun 26, 2014

the twink who runs my local gym put up a poster today saying 'real men do pilates.' i lmao when i saw it and turned 203 degrees bearing south-west and walked away straight out the door.
think i might cancel my membership

krampster2
Jun 26, 2014

E_P posted:

Everything powerlifting is out of POZstralia. People here generally aint trying to get too big very much afraid to eat a lot. That said I have seen some massive Koreans but it is a lot more rare whereas in the US you can find a few juiced up gym rats per big commercial gym.

i used to go to the UQ gym in brisbane and it's like 90% asian exchange students who have no idea what they are doing holy drat. although the basement level was full of mega dudes who powerlift

E_P
Feb 22, 2003

Thats the difference between college and real life. You aint gonna find a SEA expat in an OZ commercial gym unless he knows what he is doing.

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.
Asians (in asia) in general just dont lift really but it's an emerging sub culture. I noticed it in particular in Cambodia. The gym's were packed full of shirtless skinny dudes worshiping my insane mass and taking videos of me doing deadlifts and bicep curls and poo poo. Weird as gently caress but still lol.

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you
My wrist hurts. Lifting anyway.

Then tonight I'm going to play dishonoured 2 because it's good.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

E_P posted:

lol never not take advantage of these idiots

can you even get whey in korea, or is your salami just an infinite supply of bulgogi?

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
There is a Henry Rollins journal entry from one of his books. He was on band tour and in Japan on a day off went to go for a workout. The gym made him wear a long sleeve sweater to cover up his tattoos.

So he starts his workout and everyone freaked out, and the staff came over with a calculator to figure out how much he was lifting per set.

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

:chanpop:

E_P
Feb 22, 2003

It aint that bad. Japan is a little more conservative. In 2011 I saw people covering tattooes because they are a sign of gang membership here but now people dont bother anymore, a lot of people and ever girls have tats in my city. You can get almost everything here, most ON products and I just found a site that ships quest bars here for cheap if I wanna diet. The big difference is gyms are both smaller and everything is cramped together. It aint like Aus or America where your gym is the size of an airplane hanger more like the size of a dentists office. But on the plus side some gyms are attached to a 찜질방 which is like a korean sauna so after leg day I can hop into a super hot jacuzzi style tub and chill for a few minutes while my quads mend in a submerged zero G stasis of 40°C water.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Post-Sick Update 2: Leg Day
Literally dead. It killed me.
Bright side: pre-workout poo poo was glorious.

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.

Defiant Sally posted:

Asians (in asia) in general just dont lift really but it's an emerging sub culture. I noticed it in particular in Cambodia. The gym's were packed full of shirtless skinny dudes worshiping my insane mass and taking videos of me doing deadlifts and bicep curls and poo poo. Weird as gently caress but still lol.

How much do you charge?

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Dude was pretty built back in the day. Especially for a vegetarian. Always admired his work ethic "well I can't sing or play an instrument so I'll just work out until the music improves"

https://youtu.be/XiHD2b9kUo0

Metanaut
Oct 9, 2006

Honey it's tight like that.
College Slice
I think he went vegan just few years ago? You can tell because his material suddenly changed from ":smug: heh vegans" to ":smug: heh meat eaters"

I used to like/tolerate him, but his dumb comments about Robin Williams killing himself pushed it too far. He's a sad man and a mega burg.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIhyZaA8yqo

I wish I could find the part where they're sitting at a table and he actually refers to her as female humanoid.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
ive doubled my intake of veggies and cut out carbs and im gaining weight and pooping less whats going on here

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Your neural network might be compromised

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

Chinatown posted:

ive doubled my intake of veggies and cut out carbs and im gaining weight and pooping less whats going on here

poo poo buildup. Soon, you shall explode.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

poo poo buildup. Soon, you shall explode.

cant wait

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

push jerked 265 yesterday

it was p cool

bone app the teeth
May 14, 2008

trip report

FreakerByTheSpeaker
Dec 3, 2006

You got your good things
And I've got mine
Hey all.

I have a couple friends with no lifting experience that are going to start lifting with me. It's been a while since I was a beginner, so any advice on resources for lifting/nutrition etc? Is "read starting strength" still the advice everyone starts off with? I have my old copy sitting on my shelf I can lend out.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
Probably depends on their goals, but making them stop drinking soda is the biggest one I've seen when talking to friends about trying to get into shape.

In the US, that is.

No more soda, lift heavy things. Pretty straightforward.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

FreakerByTheSpeaker posted:

Hey all.

I have a couple friends with no lifting experience that are going to start lifting with me. It's been a while since I was a beginner, so any advice on resources for lifting/nutrition etc? Is "read starting strength" still the advice everyone starts off with? I have my old copy sitting on my shelf I can lend out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0WxyKGD7sU