Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor
Just got Kuma B.

Glorious!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

Space Flower posted:

their endgame is Yuudachi Kai Ni.

this is where i'd link the poi video but this isn't discord so I'll spare you all the pain

you'll feel it instead when the new IJN line is out and poi is all over the chat again
Also hot drat are those compensations for the new line good. I'm gonna be getting a crapload of free stuff because the only IJN DD I don't have right now is the kagero, and I have premium camos on the fubuki and hatsuharu

i have a problem

MrKatharsis
Nov 29, 2003

feel the bern
Pointing out in chat that poi stands for Pedophile Online Indicator silences them pretty quickly.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Space Flower posted:

their endgame is Yuudachi Kai Ni.

Lol if you don't think Yuudachi isn't going to be a premium T7 now that the Shiratsuyu is in the game. Just give it slightly different torps or something. Bam, free money-poi~

MrKatharsis posted:

Pointing out in chat that poi stands for Pedophile Online Indicator silences them pretty quickly.

:nyoron:

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Given Yuudachi was a Shiratsuyu-class destroyer, and the Shiratsuyu is looking OP as hell, people are just going to have to deal with that. Or use their chat mute. :v:

Meanwhile, I'll be quoting Hara (not really). I may point out that Yuudachi's exploits are much exaggerated and it was other destroyers that did most of the work there though - like Amatsukaze crippling USS Juneau and sinking USS Barton.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Just died to a torp drop because I was too busy bitching in all chat about a Furutaka that turned broadside into a torp drop as well. It's me. I'm the pubby.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Gearhead posted:

Just got Kuma B.

Glorious!

if it's a game with carriers and you can carry your flank and get at enemy CVs it's an easy kraken. i love kuma

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

MrKatharsis posted:

Why do people keep saying that by the way?

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

OwlFancier posted:

Boat Anime.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

OwlFancier posted:

now you've done it, you were warned but you just went ahead and did it didn't you

trigger warning: anime, and a really cringey "hope my parents don't see me watching this" kind of cringey
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5_Pc1ZK7aw

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

Hazdoc posted:

trigger warning: anime, and a really cringey "hope my parents don't see me watching this" kind of cringey

Soooo anime then?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Of.. course there is an anime about boats anthropomorphized as anime schoolgirls.

I mean, why wouldn't there be.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Hazduck!

~SMcD

ranbo das posted:

Soooo anime then?

poo poo like Dragon Ball Z is pretty mainstream so its not a red flag that you're actually a colossal sperg with a anime waifu body pillow in his bedroom. Then there's this.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

OwlFancier posted:

Of.. course there is an anime about boats anthropomorphized as anime schoolgirls.

I mean, why wouldn't there be.

There are actually two.

What did you think Arpeggio of Blue Steel was?

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Vengarr posted:

There are actually two.

Effectively sentient spaceships that have chosen to design themselves to superficially look like WW2 warships for some reason (1920s Germans had something to do with this, if I recall correctly) that have since built femto material avatars to more closely interact with and study humans?

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

I am almost there, I almost have my 15 point dunkerque captain. Gonna roll manual secondaries and shred some motherfuckers.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Hazdoc posted:

now you've done it, you were warned but you just went ahead and did it didn't you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5_Pc1ZK7aw

Pretty sure I have aids now.

Edit:

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

I am almost there, I almost have my 15 point dunkerque captain. Gonna roll manual secondaries and shred some motherfuckers.

I am so fail at the Dunk. After playing the US ships the gun velocity seems to throw me off a bit and just can not get myself into good positions. I think I'm just going to literally hug an edge of the map or something.

rex rabidorum vires fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Nov 30, 2016

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

ranbo das posted:

Soooo anime then?

Ahem, I'm sure my parents would be ok with me watching Legend of Galactic Heroes. :colbert:

Is that even worthwhile? The arcs on the secondaries seem to make them only useful for ships that are behind or next to you, i.e. "OH gently caress" situations. You can get Concealment Expert or even Preventative Maintenance for a skill that's more generally useful.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Vengarr posted:

There are actually two.

I, uh, assumed that was about robot boats fighting each other while actually being boats.

Like, transformers but cooler?

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram

Arishtat posted:

Yeah these changes were squarely aimed at cutting down on Isokaze and Minekaze seal clubbers, but they really screw over anyone trying to advance up the line through those ships. The thing is that the real dedicated seal clubbers already have either the Kamikaze R or the Fujin or both and those aren't getting touched because they're premium ships.

All I have to say about that is this:

How does Fujin compare with Kamikaze R?

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

I can't believe I kissed you!
More grist for the Myogi chat:

First game, stock hull, 0% captain:

Kited a Kaiser, a Wyoming, an enemy Myogi, and a St. Louis the entire game, keeping them just out of range and pecking away with the rear guns. Didn't even need to use heals or repairs.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Lord Koth posted:

Effectively sentient spaceships that have chosen to design themselves to superficially look like WW2 warships for some reason (1920s Germans had something to do with this, if I recall correctly) that have since built femto material avatars to more closely interact with and study humans?

I mean...instead of being schoolgirls that are also WW2 ships, they're WW2 ships that are also schoolgirls. It's really splitting hairs there!

~---Student Council of Fog---~

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Hazduck!

~SMcD

MoraleHazard posted:

How does Fujin compare with Kamikaze R?

They are literally the same boat.

No joke.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Hazdoc posted:

They are literally the same boat.

No joke.

They have different snazzy paint jobs

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

El Disco posted:

Ahem, I'm sure my parents would be ok with me watching Legend of Galactic Heroes. :colbert:

Is that even worthwhile? The arcs on the secondaries seem to make them only useful for ships that are behind or next to you, i.e. "OH gently caress" situations. You can get Concealment Expert or even Preventative Maintenance for a skill that's more generally useful.

The secondaries are rather strong and very focused to begin with on the dunkerque. I'm not sure how much better they will be with focused secondaries but I am going to find out.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

rex rabidorum vires posted:

Just died to a torp drop because I was too busy bitching in all chat about a Furutaka that turned broadside into a torp drop as well. It's me. I'm the pubby.

If it makes you feel any better, I was in my iowa yesterday and I did the same thing. Except that in my case, I didn't notice the 3 waves of torp bombers and went from full HP to partying with spongebob within seconds.

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

I decided to play one last game today in the pre-nerf Isokaze.

Literally my first (and only) game today. You will be missed. :japan:

The secondaries are rather strong and very focused to begin with on the dunkerque. I'm not sure how much better they will be with focused secondaries but I am going to find out.

Keep in mind that since the Dunk is tier VI, it gets the lesser bonus (15% I think). The 60% dispersion bonus is on tier VII+. It's why I decided not to get that skill on the Warspite despite it having decent secondaries.

MikeC
Jul 19, 2004
BITCH ASS NARC
Starting to get really tired of Gnei's RNGesus guns. I can get games of 80k damage and games of 20k damage based entirely on dispersion.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

El Disco posted:

I decided to play one last game today in the pre-nerf Isokaze.

Literally my first (and only) game today. You will be missed. :japan:

Keep in mind that since the Dunk is tier VI, it gets the lesser bonus (15% I think). The 60% dispersion bonus is on tier VII+. It's why I decided not to get that skill on the Warspite despite it having decent secondaries.

I had a good send off on the Isokaze as well, not quite as a good as that, but 99k damage from BB's just driving right at torps.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

I think the 15% bonus you'd get from the secondary skill just ain't worth it.

Concealment Expert is always useful, but with the Dunk you might even consider Preventative Maintenance just to reduce HE damage/take the chance of losing a turret even lower.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

I don't know what about "Don't go into D, it's suicide" that New Mexico didn't understand. He ignored my advice for the guy on our team begging someone to cap D and so he went in alone, no support and got torped to death, just after he witnessed a New Orleans doing the exact same loving thing and dying in the exact same way. It's legitimately amazing how pubbies *want* to lose games.

When goons are like "battleships just drive into my torps" I am not the least bit surprised.

Edit: I'm sorry guys. I've become that guy. Bitter about the pubbies around me, unable to drive their ships or point their guns.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Ice Fist posted:

I don't know what about "Don't go into D, it's suicide" that New Mexico didn't understand. He ignored my advice for the guy on our team begging someone to cap D and so he went in alone, no support and got torped to death, just after he witnessed a New Orleans doing the exact same loving thing and dying in the exact same way. It's legitimately amazing how pubbies *want* to lose games.

When goons are like "battleships just drive into my torps" I am not the least bit surprised.

Edit: I'm sorry guys. I've become that guy. Bitter about the pubbies around me, unable to drive their ships or point their guns.

I spent an entire match in "Fault Line" begging our two biggest BB's to turn around and not go in the 9 Column. Especially considering that the entire enemy team was on the other side of the map. They didn't listen and went anyways.
They didn't die or anything.. they just spent the entire match not firing a single shot.
Once half our team was dead, I just said gently caress it and quit the match.

I have no time to waste on teams who go out of their way to lose.

E: this is the type of poo poo I'm talking about when I say that I may be bad at aiming and actually applying damage, but at least I find ways to be useful to the team unlike these idiots.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

MikeC posted:

Starting to get really tired of Gnei's RNGesus guns. I can get games of 80k damage and games of 20k damage based entirely on dispersion.

Only 16 games in and I've been lucky with mine so far with 60k average damage. Have had a few frustrating games though including a penascola presenting broadside multiple times without me getting a solid hit and then being melted.

Lakedaimon
Jan 11, 2007

So now that the new IJN DD line is imminent (along with several head-scratching nerfs), is there any way to game the system - like buying a Hatsu and selling both ships to make silver or something?

In other news, the Donskoi kinda sucks. Just when I start to have a decent game in it, I think "this is the same tier as the Iowa" and I could actually be carrying.

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

Lakedaimon posted:

So now that the new IJN DD line is imminent (along with several head-scratching nerfs), is there any way to game the system - like buying a Hatsu and selling both ships to make silver or something?

Yes. If you have one of the ships being moved (Mutuski through Kagero) sitting in your port when the patch drops, you'll keep that ship plus get the new same-tier version. So if you have the Hatsuharu purchased, you'll get the tier VI Hatsu plus the new Akatsuki. Feel free to sell the new Hatsu and continue down the line with the Akatsuki. Or sell both.

Plus, there are ship combo bonuses for whatever reason:

Wargaming posted:

If a player purchased Mutsuki VI and Fubuki VIII before the update went live, then a bonus in the amount of 3,100,000 Credits is added to the player's account.
If a player purchased Fubuki VIII and Kagero IX before the update went live, then a bonus in the amount of 9,040,000 Credits is added to the player's account.
If a player purchased Mutsuki VI, Fubuki VIII, and Kagero IX before the update went live, then a bonus in the amount of 12,140,000 Credits is added to the player's account.

Personally I already had the Kagero, and I re-bought the Fubuki and Mutsuki to hopefully farm some nice cash from this patch.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Lakedaimon posted:

http://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/update-515/#Destroyers

Scroll down to Principles of Ship Replacement. There's a little bit about having commanders for each as well.

MikeC
Jul 19, 2004
BITCH ASS NARC

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

Only 16 games in and I've been lucky with mine so far with 60k average damage. Have had a few frustrating games though including a penascola presenting broadside multiple times without me getting a solid hit and then being melted.

Straddling targets constantly for me is exceedingly annoying. You know you did nothing wrong when 2 shots fall short and the other 4 fall behind that bloody Cleveland's smoke stack who is spamming HE nonstop

edit: The armor is also exceedingly weak it seems in some places. Someone told me earlier in the thread to play it like the Bayern but with Torps but either I am 100% in competent or he was wrong. I could smugly sail into 2+ BBs of the same or lower tier in the Bayern and expect to actually live. The Gnei gets torn up real fast and I can't really close to cut down on dispersion bullshit until near end of game.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Blindeye posted:

More grist for the Myogi chat:

First game, stock hull, 0% captain:

Kited a Kaiser, a Wyoming, an enemy Myogi, and a St. Louis the entire game, keeping them just out of range and pecking away with the rear guns. Didn't even need to use heals or repairs.

You have my sympathy, the stock myogi is pretty dire even as someone who kind of likes the boat, but yeah, them guns hurt when they hit.
E: also more importantly you do not yet have your sick rear end pride pagoda fort.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

After complaining earlier I just had amazing back to back games. A NC game with some sick torpedo beats and taking on two enemy NCs at the same time, and a totally :black101: Gneisenau game in a storm (you can probably guess what happened). These two games were played with a goon soooo... yeah. Play with goons. Be less bitter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

El Disco posted:

Yes. If you have one of the ships being moved (Mutuski through Kagero) sitting in your port when the patch drops, you'll keep that ship plus get the new same-tier version. So if you have the Hatsuharu purchased, you'll get the tier VI Hatsu plus the new Akatsuki. Feel free to sell the new Hatsu and continue down the line with the Akatsuki. Or sell both.

Plus, there are ship combo bonuses for whatever reason:

Personally I already had the Kagero, and I re-bought the Fubuki and Mutsuki to hopefully farm some nice cash from this patch.

Damnit... the only one of those I currently don't have is the Kagero and I'm missing approximately the same amount of free xp that I have saved up.
Thus I have to decide: Do I use that free xp to be able to earn a ton of credits, or do I keep that free xp for the Missouri even tho I'm pretty sure I won't have enough to afford?