Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Rorinthas posted:

cast dispersion
:eng99:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

While waiting patiently on SC to release, and baking cookies, I bought that new game Tyranny.

Just finished it and I must say: It's pretty good if you really like in depth story lines that you have massive control over. And I do mean really, really in depth. And I've played through twice and it was completely different both times.

If you don't care for lots of dialog/party management you can skip a lot of it, but the game really shines if you can get into the story and people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sg0WsR3EnGg

TheGodofIris
Oct 12, 2016

None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free
Tane.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

I keep reading your name as TheGodofIdris

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

orcinus casts dispersion
it was super defective

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

lmao look at this stupid looking Final Fantasy game that came out today https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_0OCZC8TVY

Wrecked Angle
May 12, 2012

"JURASSIC PARK!"

spacetoaster posted:

While waiting patiently on SC to release, and baking cookies, I bought that new game Tyranny.

Just finished it and I must say: It's pretty good if you really like in depth story lines that you have massive control over. And I do mean really, really in depth. And I've played through twice and it was completely different both times.

If you don't care for lots of dialog/party management you can skip a lot of it, but the game really shines if you can get into the story and people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sg0WsR3EnGg

Other games are good. I've just started playing Hotline Miami which is just about the antithesis or Star Citizen, it's got good gameplay, simple graphics but still looks great, an awesome soundtrack, smooth control scheme and I picked it up for about £2 in the Steam sale.

Decrepus posted:

lmao look at this stupid looking Final Fantasy game that came out today https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_0OCZC8TVY

Huh, I bet that planet isn't even using hand crafted procedural generation.

I'm not a massive fan of FF games (I think I played 7 or 8 years ago) but drat that looks good.

Wrecked Angle fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Nov 30, 2016

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

ManofManyAliases posted:

Hey 'the agent,' where was your info on this? Just out of curiosity?
people telling me that star marine was not up for testing

wait a minute

are you saying...

that star marine is not in the 2.6 evocati build

lol

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

TheAgent posted:

wait a minute

are you saying...

lol
no, no its not

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

TheAgent posted:

no, no its not
lol

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

D_Smart posted:

If Evocati are going to get 2.6, this late in Nov, it stands to reason that 2.6 going live in 2016 isn't happening. Which, depending on how broken it is, would mean a live release sometime in 2017. Which means no SQ42 in Q1/17 either. I don't even.

I was under the impression Crobblers had everyone below studio directors nuts under the fire so that SQ42 would absolutely, rain or shine, be released in 2014 2015 2016 Q1 2017 ? Did something change ? It was rumored to be maximum, "i want it yesterday" priority.

aleksendr fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Nov 30, 2016

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Not empty quoting (but I am really).

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
moma you're actually a good guy so a reminder

this is a video game

lol

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
omg its not lol

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I'm sure they'll patch it in tomorrow man

no worries

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

MayNotBeAnAlias posted:

Are you trying to post into relevancy again? Please do tell everyone here that they shouldn't read my posts anymore. I missed that.

:wink: As long as you're replying to me, I've won.

Also, don't read moma's posts.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I mean, the icon is there but you actually can't launch poo poo

moma are you having the same problem or what

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

But, if they are the most open development project ever, WOULDNT absence of evidence be evidence of absence? :confused:

Wrecked Angle
May 12, 2012

"JURASSIC PARK!"

TheAgent posted:

wait a minute

are you saying...

lol

lol

wait, is that actually true? that can't be true, can it?

I mean without Star Marine 2.6 was just a handful of new ships, "flight model changes" and some new fluff to do in their dumb little tech demo.

cant be true

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Pilz posted:

Is this what you guys mean when you're talking about issues with 64bit precision?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hdFG2GcNuA&t=311s

Yeah. but 64 bit is just a number, so it can describe a number of different things. People often get 64 bit positioning (the stuff shown in the video) confused with 64 bit memory addresses, and a subset of idiots who confused it with 64 bit GPUs.

I'm glad the creepy sperg mario videos are teaching people some stuff about computer science.

Tokamak fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Nov 30, 2016

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

TheAgent posted:

I mean, the icon is there but you actually can't launch poo poo

Don't stop I'm almost there...

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

I thought 2.6 was just to set the ground work for the Jesus patch of 3.0 ?

You don't want to overload the backers with a patch AND star marine all at the same time , they wouldn't be able to handle it

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
TOAST is Chinese, thats why MOMA thinks January is this year

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

What did the bad man do Uncy Tom?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

ps gabz - your twitter is great and I would follow you if I were one of these youngsters with the twats and the instardgrams.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

What did the bad man do Uncy Tom?

If i remember right, he kept telling derek smart to kill himself over a video game.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

When the developer formally known as A2M, makers of WET are better at releasing their milestones on time and on spec than CIG.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Fargin Icehole posted:

If i remember right, he kept telling derek smart to kill himself over a video game.

That is unlovely.

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Sappo569 posted:

I thought 2.6 was just to set the ground work for the Jesus patch of 3.0 ?

You don't want to overload the backers with a patch AND star marine all at the same time , they wouldn't be able to handle it

Every patch is the Jesus patch. The one i'm really looking for is when the first ship buyable with in game money get released.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

TheAgent posted:

wait a minute

are you saying...

lol

this was a sweet and fun post to read

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

has the Ten For The <Whoever> series been replaced yet? or is that still in cig's pipeline limbo

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

They have quite the balls to call themselves a computer 'engineer' and claim that a program can 'technically' scale infinitely. You can also 'technically' build a 58 story tower on mudfill and sand with a foundation that doesn't reach bedrock.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Tokamak posted:

They have quite the balls to call themselves a computer 'engineer' and claim that a program can 'technically' scale infinitely. You can also 'technically' build a 58 story tower on mudfill and sand with a foundation that doesn't reach bedrock.

They are like that guy who worked for NASA, except he was actually just a janitor at one of their buildings.

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Doxcat is watching you PU.

Mirificus posted:

"Sunleader is one of the few level headed people over there"

"I am Grinning"

"Imagine People would sit here. Making these Posts that you call an Discussion. About YOU.
I bet if I were to Talk like this and call it an Discussion of you guys. I would be Banned within a matter of Minutes. "

"Which is exactly what this Forum is Full of. Haters. "

"I am actually Ignoring the People which post nothing but Hate."

Why are all the fuckboys super into anime? Swear to god..

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016
I think since the 2.5x being rebranded as 2.6 without Star Marine was leaked ages ago that means MoMA is smug about proving TheAgent and Derek right.

MoMA, I want you to consider this following analogy really carefully.

You are being smug about knowing someone that works at a Mcdonalds because you know when the new sandwiches are going to go on sale. To the common person the fact you knew a sandwich was going to go on sale before it went on sale means you have insider information. However that is compartmentalized down to a single store and apparently comes from someone that loving loves working at McDonalds so it is biased in the first place.

TheAgent knows the people at corporate that designed the sandwiches. He can tell people why certain ingredients were picked or what the next sandwich will be.

The people at corporate say "We are designing this sandwich because the company is out of money and this is specifically designed to make money"

the line worker at McDonalds #1402 that you know says "This new sandwich is an innovation because McDonald's is about quality and loves the customer!! They wouldn't spend money developing new sandwiches if they were out of money!"

I would tell you to stop being stupid but $12,000, am i right?

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Fat Shat Sings posted:

I think since the 2.5x being rebranded as 2.6 without Star Marine was leaked ages ago that means MoMA is smug about proving TheAgent and Derek right.

MoMA, I want you to consider this following analogy really carefully.

You are being smug about knowing someone that works at a Mcdonalds because you know when the new sandwiches are going to go on sale. To the common person the fact you knew a sandwich was going to go on sale before it went on sale means you have insider information. However that is compartmentalized down to a single store and apparently comes from someone that loving loves working at McDonalds so it is biased in the first place.

TheAgent knows the people at corporate that designed the sandwiches. He can tell people why certain ingredients were picked or what the next sandwich will be.

The people at corporate say "We are designing this sandwich because the company is out of money and this is specifically designed to make money"

the line worker at McDonalds #1402 that you know says "This new sandwich is an innovation because McDonald's is about quality and loves the customer!! They wouldn't spend money developing new sandwiches if they were out of money!"

I would tell you to stop being stupid but $12,000, am i right?

But it's disposable income!

And ships are only gaining value!

And furthermore

Duckaerobics
Jul 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
If there is really no Star Marine in 2.6 I don't know if I will be able to stop loling after how smug Moma was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

aleksendr posted:

Every patch is the Jesus patch. The one i'm really looking for is when the first ship buyable with in game money get released.

Remember when sandi said she wants to go wider in 2017 ?

That will be part of it. You wait and see

I also expect to see them partnering hard with anyone that will take them , and publicly sponsoring streamers

• Locked thread