Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Honestly we bitched about some of the heavy handed melodrama but otherwise this was a pretty rad episode. Now we just need the rest of Flash's season to have enough fun guest stars to offset the mopiness of the main cast (or for Cisco to legitimately realize that Barry isn't a god and his brother could have died anyway and get over his poo poo) (and for Wally and Iris and Joe to quit bickering) (and for Caitlin to just become sassy Killer Frost permanently)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!
Sassy Frost would probably be the best way for her to deal with it anyways. Just own it and accept that she's surrounded by a support network of friends that aren't going to just let her turn into a murderous bitch, like Stein said.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
Man I'll admit that Cisco got kind of annoying toward the middle with him forcing Barry into revealing the Flashpoint poo poo to everyone, but honestly he's entitled to feel angry at Barry. The Barry he knew refused to save his brother, and now our Barry not only refuses to do that but additionally he very likely caused Dante to die through butterfly effect bullshit. And yeah Dante may have died some other way, but that isn't the situation here.

It would be poor writing for Cisco to just shrug this off and go "well Barry my brother is dead and it's probably your fault but we're cool!" Even best friends will have times they may not talk to each other because they're mad. I'm sure the writing will gradually have Cisco and Barry reconcile, but Cisco has good reasons to feel angry.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
I didn't mind the "twists" so much mostly because the season still has a loooong way to go so there's bound to be some crazy poo poo we aren't seeing. Plus, Tom Felton is a cool dude and I support him getting good work.

Also, Danielle Panabaker owns. Goddamn she is such a good Killer Frost. Helped having Smith directing such a good episode for her, too.

e: this was about last weeks ep, not this weeks btw, I'm still waiting for it to go up on CW's site :(

Axel Serenity fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Nov 30, 2016

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Ahhhh I still can't get over how great this is.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

lotus circle posted:

Man I'll admit that Cisco got kind of annoying toward the middle with him forcing Barry into revealing the Flashpoint poo poo to everyone, but honestly he's entitled to feel angry at Barry. The Barry he knew refused to save his brother, and now our Barry not only refuses to do that but additionally he very likely caused Dante to die through butterfly effect bullshit. And yeah Dante may have died some other way, but that isn't the situation here.

It would be poor writing for Cisco to just shrug this off and go "well Barry my brother is dead and it's probably your fault but we're cool!" Even best friends will have times they may not talk to each other because they're mad. I'm sure the writing will gradually have Cisco and Barry reconcile, but Cisco has good reasons to feel angry.

Yea I definitely agree with all that but a couple things:

1) Cisco was asking Barry to do the exact thing he did for his mother for Dante, so it's hard to turn around and say "you shouldn't have done that!" when Cisco knows the exact feelings that led Barry to try and change the past.

2) Nobody has really acknowledged how horribly hosed it is that Barry was forced to drop his arch nemesis off on his doorstep to rekill his mother. That poo poo has to be traumatizing.

3) I can't remember, but where did Cisco land during the S1 finale? It was mostly a massive ethics debate about whether he should do the exact thing he ended up doing and even though some people disagreed they obviously went along with it ultimately (before Barry himself decided not to). They had to have known the changes that were potentially going to happen in their lives wouldn't all be good, and he was doing what they all agreed he could do (just a few months later)

But yeah I'm not mad as Cisco so much as I am at the writers for taking the most fun character and deciding to inject some unneeded drama into his character.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Zebulon posted:

Aaaaahahaha. Oliver finding out about Flashpoint and already is sick of this poo poo.

"One sci-fi problem at a time."

Looks like whoever called it as him having a daughter due to spending more time with his wife is right.

That was me! I'm ever so smart!

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Guy A. Person posted:

Yea I definitely agree with all that but a couple things:

1) Cisco was asking Barry to do the exact thing he did for his mother for Dante, so it's hard to turn around and say "you shouldn't have done that!" when Cisco knows the exact feelings that led Barry to try and change the past.

2) Nobody has really acknowledged how horribly hosed it is that Barry was forced to drop his arch nemesis off on his doorstep to rekill his mother. That poo poo has to be traumatizing.

3) I can't remember, but where did Cisco land during the S1 finale? It was mostly a massive ethics debate about whether he should do the exact thing he ended up doing and even though some people disagreed they obviously went along with it ultimately (before Barry himself decided not to). They had to have known the changes that were potentially going to happen in their lives wouldn't all be good, and he was doing what they all agreed he could do (just a few months later)

But yeah I'm not mad as Cisco so much as I am at the writers for taking the most fun character and deciding to inject some unneeded drama into his character.
1) Fair, though I think this is a matter of Cisco being blinded by his grief. On an intellectual reason he understands Barry's reasons for not saving Dante, but he's more angry that Barry caused Dante's death right now than that. It isn't so much the not saving part, as much as it is that Barry caused this in the first place now.

2) I don't think anyone actually knows that part though, unless I'm forgetting Barry mentioning it. Which is actually smart on Barry's end because if they found out Flashpoint also means Eobard is back in existence full-time (as opposed to the part-time remnant way) then he would be getting WAY more pissed looks given Eddie's sacrifice. Iris especially would banish Barry to the couch for all eternity. That aside, it was definitely hosed up.

(On a side note, I wonder if the Legends are even gonna mention to Barry during this crossover that there's a speedster causing time aberrations out there and he runs with red lightning.)

3) If I'm recalling right, there was a cut out scene where Cisco supported Barry's choice and promised they would still find each other in another lifetime. That aside, agreeing to something over a year ago isn't the same as agreeing to it now. Barry didn't consult anyone before saving his mother's life and this happened just after they went through hell getting rid of Zoom. Barry was absolutely selfish in those moments, because he felt like the loss of his father was too much to bear, and I think it's important for the show to acknowledge that. Cisco's anger is part of that acknowledgment.

That said I do wish we could get over the drat pep talks. First Jay, then Iris and now Oliver have to console Barry over Flashpoint. I get insecurity is one of Barry's character traits, but this is a little much now.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Caper posted:

"We have to find Oliver and Company" :lol: Cisco please never change

You'd think if they could name check Disney, they'd have done more overt Frozen stuff last week.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Caper posted:

Sara's already got her eye on Sueprgirl...

Jonny_Rocket
Mar 13, 2007

"Inspiration, move me brightly"

Hollismason posted:

Ahhhh I still can't get over how great this is.

I'm still pretty giddy about the episode too, it was the best crossover episode they've had yet

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
It was quite fun and I'm looking forward to the rest of the week.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
HAhaha :stare: I never did drugs... because I was always afraid I'd see weird stuff...

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Why were they gonna tell ARGUS that the aliens were bad guys after the mind control but not after they kidnapped the president?

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

bring back old gbs posted:

HAhaha :stare: I never did drugs... because I was always afraid I'd see weird stuff...

Dig made for such a good loving audience insert for that entire thing. A month removed from being in prison for treason he didn't commit, and now aliens are falling out of the loving sky and time travelers are showing up and this tiny, dorky girl in a red skirt is frying things with her eyes.

On the downside, there were some glaring editing issues, and Ray just suddenly going "OH BY THE WAY WE'RE OVER THAT poo poo LET'S ROLL" out of nowhere was really bad writing. I mean maybe it's because Barry just kept all of them from murdering each other but there should still be a little bit of resolution. :mad:

Favorite part of this whole thing was Kara's goofy :haw: face while they were are firing off all their poo poo at her. The rest was just delightful. :allears:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

:haw: My sister would love to meet you!
:j: Go on.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I love how on the DC shows, super secret government organizations have pretty much zero power constantly.

So who didn't get kidnapped? Barry and Supergirl, I assume Jax and Stein as well?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Fuckin Trump Riot posted:

:haw: My sister would love to meet you!
:j: Go on.

Kara would never try to break up Alex and Maggie :mad:

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

howe_sam posted:

Kara would never try to break up Alex and Maggie :mad:

Different universes, doesn't count.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Didn't Dante have his finger amputated in the original timeline? His life already sucked.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
All these people are so awful and Kara is just all :stonklol: it's wonderful.

Oliver with the soul searching pep talk and literally two secons later :allears:

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Zebulon posted:

Yep, he has a daughter he's literally never met and he is shook as gently caress about it.

Funny how this matches perfectly to both Stein and Diggle. They need to bond.

Actually now that I think about it, that buddy pairing may have more unused potential than any other.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
It bugs me that only Supergirl came over from her dimension. I want to see Martian Manhunter, Diggle, and Joe team up to deliver a bit of three-way stern hunky black man common sense.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Dig and Kara are clearly the best in the show.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
If Mick and Ray get their own show, they need to have Kara on like twice a season. The Adventures of Heatwave, Haircut, and Skirt :v:

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Ollie and Barry vs the brainwashed people made me think of a bit from a Batman/Superman comic where the two just dunk on a poo poo load of mind controlled villains

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

nine-gear crow posted:

If Mick and Ray get their own show, they need to have Kara on like twice a season. The Adventures of Heatwave, Haircut, and Skirt :v:

Mick and KaraSkirt are the buddy cop couple I never knew I wanted.

Also someone mentioned Caitlyn becoming Sassy Frost instead of just evil. I motion to refer to her as Killer Frosting.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

I love that Wally doesn't need a suit for friction or whatever. I bet the writers forgot. Or maybe he is the prodigal son of the speedforce and he doesn't gotta explain poo poo.

Diggle still owning.

Scyantific posted:

Diggle is easily the best part of the crossover already.

:yeah:

Ahahahahah Sara trying to give Barry poo poo about changing the timeline.

I love that Barry didn't clown all the humans in like 0.1 seconds. Thankfully the dominators are stupid and took all the most worthless members of the team for the Arrow episode.

nooneofconsequence posted:

when are they gonna fight the aliens!

Supergirl already beat the poo poo out of all them without even trying!

e:

Digital Jedi posted:

Dig and Kara are clearly the best in the show.

The team up next year can be Kara, Dig and Mick doing stuff. Maybe Wally too if he turns out to be interesting.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Nov 30, 2016

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Guy Goodbody posted:

It bugs me that only Supergirl came over from her dimension. I want to see Martian Manhunter, Diggle, and Joe team up to deliver a bit of three-way stern hunky black man common sense.

They're in the posters, but that might just be because they were in the Supergirl not really crossover episode.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Goddamn that was really fun and silly in the best way possible.

I want more eps where Supergirl just dunks on everyone as part of "training."

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

So I don't watch Legends regularly:

1. I assume Captain Cold is comic book dead and not dead dead?

2. Is The Atom just Iron Man? Does he ever actually, you know, shrink?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Knormal posted:

1. I assume Captain Cold is comic book dead and not dead dead?

1. Time travel is involved
1) Yes a lot

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

This crossover so far makes all of season 4 of Arrow, season 2 of Flash, and most of season 1 of Legends worth it.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Knormal posted:

He also embiggens

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I'm super annoyed they left Vixen behind on the ship

Time Lesbian: "Oliver...this is Vixen"
Oliver: "God drat time travel and poo poo"

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
Why was I getting Harrison Wells vibes from him and Wally talking about training moreso than H.R. vibes? H.R. is more upbeat usually, but when the two of them were talking alone, he was a bit more stoic.

I dunno, all the Wells we have now are making me paranoid.

Also, Sara, you tried to save your sister from dying like four times before deciding to stop, Barry only tried twice to save his mom.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

She knows she can say whatever she wants because half the audience doesn't watch her show.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
So much of this was just...stilted and amateurish and low-budget and forced and half the cast seemed like they were having their lifeblood drained from them through their spleens, but I've decided that I enjoyed the hour anyway in literal defiance of all logic and sensibility.

:buddy:

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

the scene where Oliver deferred command to Barry and did the leading for him was great to me. it all spins out from him and it's great :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

howe_sam posted:

He also embiggens

And has a cold gun!

• Locked thread