Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
gently caress Essence of Woe and Delirium, good changes.

I like the Facebreaker change, makes them still good for unarmed builds but less mandatory for actual crit builds.

Totem nodes got some pretty significant buffs - thinking Flameblast or Scorching Ray totems might be pretty drat good.

Blade Flurry getting some preliminary nerfs in, still will probably be great.

Flame Golem buffs make me really want to do that Golemancer build with double Clayshapers.

Ranged Attack Totem no longer loving you over as hard is fun, though I dunno if it will see any use outside gimmick builds.

Raider's looking goddamn buff now :stare:

gently caress Pathfinders.

Beyond and Perandus mods on Zana, most excellent.

Overall, good changes. Looking forward to Breach.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.
"Poison from non-Viper Strike sources is now affected by multiplicative skill effect duration modifiers. Additive skill effect duration modifiers were already being applied."

What does this mean? Did poison just get BUFFED?

Also, it really looks like you could just do BV Pathfinder but with Blade Flurry instead ?? Am I crazy?

madstrike
Jun 10, 2013

I see some totem buffs..guess i chose wisely.

EDIT: Will they update the passive tree on the website only on patch day? Or can we play with the new stuff before?

madstrike fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Nov 30, 2016

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
I completely glossed over the Raider buffs :stare: Guess I've got more theory-crafting to do.

madstrike posted:

I see some totem buffs..guess i chose wisely.

EDIT: Will they update the passive tree on the website only on patch day? Or can we play with the new stuff before?

The one on the website is linked to the live servers, but they have released JSON data in the past so other sites/offline programs can get the new tree before it goes live.

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

El Campeon Mundial del Acordeon
Flame golem hype.

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

Blade Flurry, Assassin, Reach of the Council, crit/phys+chaos?? Seems pretty powerful?

nearly killed em!
Aug 5, 2011

I'm glad they decided not to specifically nerf Pathfinder nodes and are instead buffing other ascendancies. Now they just need to show Hierophant some love.

edit: If only Aylardex were a better item in general. I'm still going to put myself through it again though.

Rashomon
Jun 21, 2006

This machine kills fascists
Pathfinder got a huge nerf though? Limiting flask recovery on crit makes it way weaker. Still probably decent though; it was the most powerful Ascendancy so probably more in line with the others now.

I was thinking of doing Doomfletch Inquisitor next league but with the Raider buffs maybe just a Reach TS guy? Raider was decent, going to be super strong now.

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

Jinnigan posted:

"Poison from non-Viper Strike sources is now affected by multiplicative skill effect duration modifiers. Additive skill effect duration modifiers were already being applied."

What does this mean? Did poison just get BUFFED?

Also, it really looks like you could just do BV Pathfinder but with Blade Flurry instead ?? Am I crazy?

It's a nerf, means the less duration gem will actually reduce the duration of poison now instead of just being a free damage boost.

Also I don't think they nerfed vinktars because with the overall flask changes you're not gonna have 100% uptime on it any more, or anywhere close probably.

God drat reddit is full of whining babies.

megalodong fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Nov 30, 2016

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

nightwisher posted:

"Decoy Totem can no longer evade and has a 4 second cooldown at all levels."

Ahahaha, how the gently caress can a totem evade, I didn't even know they could do that.

Grace aura?

Rumi's got smacked again.

AW totem will be fine, may even come out ahead with them being tougher to kill. edit - I guess they were bugged and had a lot more range/aoe in 2.4 than they should have. Should still be fine.

SRS going down to 20 gives them more gem options. Not going to need as much cast speed. edit - this is probably a big buff I think?

Probably going to start as AW totem again, and then want to go poison animate weapon once I get enough essences.

Bugsy fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Nov 30, 2016

Death Dealer
Jul 25, 2006

I was considering playing a Summoner of some stripe for a huge change of pace from my usual fare (Tornado Shot Ranger, Flameblast Heiro, Siege Ballista Deadeye to name a few), and while I'm not worried about being king poo poo of speed mountain I'm curious if you can map with a summoner or if it's going to be an exercise in self-loathing? Given the SRS buff I was thinking one of the SRS + summons builds but I was hoping maybe someone with more experience with them could weigh in.

I mean, if it ends up being wholly non-viable somehow I'm sure I'll roll something more mainline but I thought I'd get weird with it. :v: It's a shame skeletons are absolutely garbage though, I bought the statue skin for them long before I knew any better because I liked the idea of it.

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

Jinnigan posted:

Blade Flurry, Assassin, Reach of the Council, crit/phys+chaos?? Seems pretty powerful?

poeurl.com/R7n

I whipped up a tree for this; any ideas on how viable it'd be? I'm mostly counting on Blade Flurry aoe reaching to the goddamn screen to keep me safe, I guess

I'm mostly trying to adapt this guide to blade flurry/melee which, idk, maybe that's a crazy bad idea?

Jinnigan fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Nov 30, 2016

nearly killed em!
Aug 5, 2011

Jinnigan posted:

poeurl.com/R7n

I whipped up a tree for this; any ideas on how viable it'd be? I'm mostly counting on Blade Flurry aoe reaching to the goddamn screen to keep me safe, I guess

I'm mostly trying to adapt this guide to blade flurry/melee which, idk, maybe that's a crazy bad idea?

Unless I'm missing something here you plan on using a dagger, claw, and one-handed sword skill with a bow and dual wielded?

Rashomon posted:

Pathfinder got a huge nerf though? Limiting flask recovery on crit makes it way weaker. Still probably decent though; it was the most powerful Ascendancy so probably more in line with the others now.

This is much worse for non-Pathfinder crit builds though.

Tykero
Jun 22, 2009
Wow gently caress all my other build ideas, I'm making a Raider.

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

Mathils Dreamfeather spectral throw looks pretty good with Raider now, though I might make as molten strike to be extra hipster. Need to figure out a way to apply poison. Thoughts?

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010
No buffs to life, Vinktars unchanged, Vaal Pact unchanged.

Looks like everyone is playing ES again

Also no double dipping poison/ignite nerfs, which I really expected.

nightwisher posted:

Good luck sustaining Vinktar's with the flask charge on crit nerfs.
True, the Pathfinder BV thing with perma Vinktar's is probably done (good riddance) but you can still leech tank bosses pretty easily with it, 20% leech is dumb as hell.

Mystery Prize fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Nov 30, 2016

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004

Mystery Prize posted:

No buffs to life, Vinktars unchanged, Vaal Pact unchanged.

Looks like everyone is playing ES again

Also no double dipping poison/ignite nerfs, which I really expected.

Good luck sustaining Vinktar's with the flask charge on crit nerfs. 200ms cooldown combined with only giving charges to a randomly chosen flask = lol your sustain

nightwisher fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Nov 30, 2016

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

megalodong posted:

Also I don't think they nerfed vinktars because with the overall flask changes you're not gonna have 100% uptime on it any more, or anywhere close probably.

God drat reddit is full of whining babies.

You can still easily have 100% uptime on everything that isn't long add-less boss fights. Nerfing Rumi's while leaving Vinktar's untouched is so loving insane I don't even know where to begin.

nightwisher posted:

Good luck sustaining Vinktar's with the flask charge on crit nerfs. 200ms cooldown combined with only giving charges to a randomly chosen flask = lol your sustain

I had perma-vinktars as pathfinder without Master Surgeon. Look at Veteran Bowyer. For non-pathfinders you have near permanent (or permanent with two flasks) if you use poachers mark. Vinktar's is still the most broken item in the game and it's incredibly disappointing that they didn't even mention it in the patchnotes.

TheRat fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Nov 30, 2016

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

nearly killed em! posted:

Unless I'm missing something here you plan on using a dagger, claw, and one-handed sword skill with a bow and dual wielded?
Well, I mean taking the basic idea of high hp pool/evasion tanking, with queen of the forest and then stacking poison and crit

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Hmm doesn't look like anything there really affects WI? I'll probably try that out then

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

If you southpaw a unique, do the unique item properties still apply to the main hand attack?

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004

TheRat posted:

You can still easily have 100% uptime on everything that isn't long add-less boss fights. Nerfing Rumi's while leaving Vinktar's untouched is so loving insane I don't even know where to begin.

I had perma-vinktars as pathfinder without Master Surgeon. Look at Veteran Bowyer. For non-pathfinders you have near permanent (or permanent with two flasks) if you use poachers mark. Vinktar's is still the most broken item in the game and it's incredibly disappointing that they didn't even mention it in the patchnotes.

Yeah the fact the Vinktars makes it through another round of nerfs unscathed is getting pretty ridiculous. IMO The self-shock needs to be unpurgeable and the variants removed in place of a single vinktars with something that doesn't benefit non-lit builds. I never understood why they made it so accessible to almost all builds in the first place.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

Jinnigan posted:

Well, I mean taking the basic idea of high hp pool/evasion tanking, with queen of the forest and then stacking poison and crit

From your earlier post, it sounds like you want to use blade flurry with a bow, and if you have a build that can do that, I would love to shamelessly copy it.

Rakeris
Jul 20, 2014

So blade flurry Raider anyone?

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004

Rakeris posted:

So blade flurry Raider everyone?

FTFY

I'm thinking of an SRS/Scorching Ray build. Necromancer stacking minion damage, using two Scourge and a bone helm for more minion damage, dual opal rings with minion speed rolls, EE and EO. Aims to reserve close to 100% mana and use EB for casting, was thinking of discipline/purity of elements/AA and a low level clarity as a cheap 4th aura for 40% damage and 20% castspeed from auras.

SRS - Echo - Minion Speed - Minion Damage - Added Fire - Melee Splash in a 6L chest, swap splash for melee phys damage for bosses.

Scorch - Controlled Dest. - Ele Focus - R.Decay/Empower in a 30% more ele/dot helm/gloves.

Orb of storms for proccing EE and EO, flesh offering for large cast/movespeed boost, vaal haste too.

Reasoning being that scorching ray is nice at further stripping fire res from a target, has decent damage, synergises well with the build and gives you something to do while SRS mop up. With the damage boost for SRS, I have a feeling they'll clear much faster.

Quick and Nasty Life Skill Tree

edit: The alternate idea is to drop scorching ray, replace it with flame golem, get a +2 minion bone helm rolled with 30% ele damage (haha yeah right), swap one scourge for a clayshaper and run two fire golems.

nightwisher fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Nov 30, 2016

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

So Facebreaker is getting nerfed. I am assuming that versions with 90% crit will just go legacy, right?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Yes. If it says "Use Divine for new stats" that means the item will go legacy, otherwise they'll flick a switch and change all copies of the item.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe
I am torn between a bog standard Cyclone build to start, and messing with Frost Blades. Does anyone know how Frost Blades interacts with the Deadeye node Powerful Precision? Are they all considered part of the first attack with regards to "shotgunning" rules so you can't burst a single foe on the return? What about chaining, can each of the projectiles spawned chain to an enemy already hit by a different frost blade projectile from the same attack, or will they only chain off to enemies that haven't been hit by any projectiles from that attack?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

A monster can't be hit by the returning projectile if it was hit by the original.

The only restriction with Chain is that it can't be off of a single target; it takes at least 2 to make a Chain happen. For example, Arc chains 7 times at level 20. If there are only 2 monsters in range, you'll hit 1 and then each monster will get hit 3 additional times before hitting the second monster one last time for chain #7. If there's only 1 monster, Arc hits once and that's it.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

whypick1 posted:

A monster can't be hit by the returning projectile if it was hit by the original.

The only restriction with Chain is that it can't be off of a single target; it takes at least 2 to make a Chain happen. For example, Arc chains 7 times at level 20. If there are only 2 monsters in range, you'll hit 1 and then each monster will get hit 3 additional times before hitting the second monster one last time for chain #7. If there's only 1 monster, Arc hits once and that's it.

Man it'd end up with a pile of potential actions with the right ascendancies:

1. Melee strike the first target. Projectiles spawn behind the target and go towards enemies in range.
2. On hit each projectile checks to pierce, starting with high chance in close and tapering off from Powerful Precision.
3. Once each projectile fails to pierce, each one could then chain once if I also take Ricochet in Deadeye.
4. After it chains once to another target, then it tries to return back towards me, possibly hitting another target if it did something useful like chain to the left/right.
5. I assume at least one of the projectiles from the attack can finally hit the target that I originally hit with the melee attack now if they don't hit anything else on their way back, but not all 7 projectiles.

I would anticipate problems with single targets though.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Hi, I plan on playing Spark Scion in the Breach League. Was wondering if someone would be able to look at my gear and tell me if there's any obvious holes in it? (character is ActualAnimeGirlLuna) I know I need to roll more sockets on my helmet but other than that I'm not sure what to look for. I'm 5% short of cap on Lightning Res but I plan on fixing that by getting a belt with that stat. Anything else I should look to swap out?

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Luna Was Here posted:

Hi, I plan on playing Spark Scion in the Breach League. Was wondering if someone would be able to look at my gear and tell me if there's any obvious holes in it? (character is ActualAnimeGirlLuna) I know I need to roll more sockets on my helmet but other than that I'm not sure what to look for. I'm 5% short of cap on Lightning Res but I plan on fixing that by getting a belt with that stat. Anything else I should look to swap out?

If you are going to play the league you start over from scratch, so what you have in standard won't matter.

Jenrai
May 4, 2014

Think I'll go half meta and do a Reave Raider. Should be a good time. Abuse all those delicious Raider buffs while juggling Vaal Reave stacks yes please

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type
Facebreaker crit nerf sounds good because I intend to make a RT unarmed build. Hopefully the nerf makes them easier/cheaper to buy :v:

Longbike
Sep 7, 2011
Blade vortex changes look... interesting.

quote:

Blade Vortex has been refactored. Instead of separate hits for each active blade, the blades now increase the frequency at which all enemies in the radius take damage, and the amount of damage they take. The skill now has a base hit frequency of 600ms and has 10% increased hit rate per active blade. Its damage has been reduced by 30% at all levels and it deals 30% more damage per active blade.

If the 30% more multiplier for each stage stacks with itself (as I thought all more multipliers do?) then this is an insane buff (as in, 321% increased base damage over the old skill at only ten stacks!). If this is not the case and the more multipliers add to each other (so 300% more damage at ten stacks) then its more sensibly a slight nerf until around 15 blades and a slight buff afterwards. Physical reflect should hurt a lot more, and lightning thorns will maybe not be quite so terrifying.

Regardless, the wording is ambiguous enough I'm holding out hope that the more multiplier double dips with poison. If so, next league's special snowflake Doon BV poisonzerker build is looking really strong. :getin:

Vapor Moon
Feb 24, 2010

Neato!
The Human Font
New BV is base 5400 DPS at 20 stacks old was 4400 DPS at 20 stacks.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
zerker BV depends on how fast the blades hit, if the frequency is the same against bosses I see no reason it shouldn't work

I'll be probably doing the same but with double obliterations

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!
Perma phasing, 8+ frenzy, Phase Acro, Crit Bow Raider:
http://www.poeplanner.com/AAQAAPUSK...23QrdjVAAAAAAA=

The Tempest (max AS), LA / Barrage
Add Lit + Lit Pen, if it stops being effective trying Add Chaos + Poison

Later game bows: Council, rare Harb or Voltaxic.

Other uniques: Voidwalker, Drillneck

Cheap to start, can upgrade forever.

Hamburger Test fucked around with this message at 11:10 on Nov 30, 2016

uhhhhahhhhohahhh
Oct 9, 2012
With this buff I now have no choice but to bring back the Point Blank Chin Sol Iron Grip Reverse Knockback RAT Berserker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004

Longbike posted:

Blade vortex changes look... interesting.

If the 30% more multiplier for each stage stacks with itself (as I thought all more multipliers do?) then this is an insane buff (as in, 321% increased base damage over the old skill at only ten stacks!). If this is not the case and the more multipliers add to each other (so 300% more damage at ten stacks) then its more sensibly a slight nerf until around 15 blades and a slight buff afterwards. Physical reflect should hurt a lot more, and lightning thorns will maybe not be quite so terrifying.

Regardless, the wording is ambiguous enough I'm holding out hope that the more multiplier double dips with poison. If so, next league's special snowflake Doon BV poisonzerker build is looking really strong. :getin:

Multipliers intrinsic to a skill do not doubledip ignite/poison/bleed, as those effects are not skills.

• Locked thread