Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Carlosologist posted:

the scene where Oliver deferred command to Barry and did the leading for him was great to me. it all spins out from him and it's great :allears:

It's always good to have Oliver show up to put a spotlight on how incompetent Barry is at things

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

When Oliver's the one saying to stop moping and get some perspective, you know things are bad.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Kara is hilariously OP.

"Hey guys, i can fly, my eyes do this. I'm everything proof, I can freeze stuff like her over there..... and i have X-ray vision"

:aaaaa:

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

it's pretty clear that the crossover will end in Legends with everyone going back to the 50s and the original Dominators invasion and it'll be a 45 minute brawl with quips and poo poo all over the place

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
The Supergirl "crossover" episode was terrible for me. Also totally not part of the cross-over, and everything relevant in it (which is the last 5 seconds) is covered in the Flash episode.

The plot is kind of dumb, but at least it's fun so far.

In related comment, since I don't follow Legends anymore... the annoying immortal bird magic people are dead forever right? (I think no one mentioned them in the episode, so I don't think anyone misses them).

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

AbstractNapper posted:

The Supergirl "crossover" episode was terrible for me. Also totally not part of the cross-over, and everything relevant in it (which is the last 5 seconds) is covered in the Flash episode.

In related comment, since I don't follow Legends anymore... the annoying immortal bird magic people are dead forever right? (I think no one mentioned them in the episode, so I don't think anyone misses them).

The Hawks went off to fight crime by themselves, so they are technically benched for possible cameos.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Surprised Cisco didn't mention it since he was trying to smash on hawkgirl.

Also, how in the hell did this episode start with a Vigilante cameo and end with loving Wild Dog in the preview for Arrow? What's going on over on that show and can we expect more awesomely obscure DC characters?

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

ruddiger posted:

Also, how in the hell did this episode start with a Vigilante cameo and end with loving Wild Dog in the preview for Arrow? What's going on over on that show and can we expect more awesomely obscure DC characters?

Vigilante is one of the villains for this season and Wild Dog is one of Arrow's new team members. Season 5 has legit been far better than the last season and a half of the show so far.

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva
If Barry hadn't pissed everyone off through his liaisons with the timeline, Flash and Green Arrow would have got whammied too, right?

The flow on effects of Cisco's brother dying has probably just saved millions of lives.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

ruddiger posted:

He's got a team of trainee vigilantes. Wild Dog, Artemis, Mr Terrific and Rag Man. It's a fun game of "odd one out" since three of them are normal people (well, normal for vigilantes) and Rag Man is protected by a cloak infused with the spirits of everyone else in his hometown that got nuked.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Throwdown posted:

So do you guys think they had multiple hangar sets or just repurposed one?

Also, all these posts and no one mentions that their headquarters / training hall is the loving Hall of Justice?

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

Bruceski posted:

He's got a team of trainee vigilantes. Wild Dog, Artemis, Mr Terrific and Rag Man. It's a fun game of "odd one out" since three of them are normal people (well, normal for vigilantes) and Rag Man is protected by a cloak infused with the spirits of everyone else in his hometown that got nuked.

Wasn't it magical before that?

Selachian posted:

Also, all these posts and no one mentions that their headquarters / training hall is the loving Hall of Justice?

It got talked about in one of the threads, but yeah, that's the Hall of Justice, for sure.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That was a great episode EXCEPT for Felicity's loving team up line. She just sucks the life and fun out of every scene she's in.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Rhyno posted:

That was a great episode EXCEPT for Felicity's loving team up line. She just sucks the life and fun out of every scene she's in.

You must be confused. The latino guy is Cisco.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

AbstractNapper posted:

There's a specific reason why the Supergirl episode was limited. It was the midseason finale.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rhyno posted:

The line was fine, it's just that the last season of Arrow completely poisoned the character

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Guy Goodbody posted:

The line was fine, it's just that the last season of Arrow completely poisoned the character

It really wasn't.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Rocksicles posted:

Kara is hilariously OP.

"Hey guys, i can fly, my eyes do this. I'm everything proof, I can freeze stuff like her over there..... and i have X-ray vision"

:aaaaa:
Is there even kryptonite in this dimension? I mean we know there's magic...

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Surprised noone mentioned Cisco's bitching to Felicity about how Barry killed his brother and that's why he's mad. The look on her face just screamed 'okay, mental note to self: Don't tell Cisco I was the one who nuked that city killing tens of thousands of people and the sole survivor forgave me for it.'

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I don't watch Legends, is Firestorm still just Heat Wave with flying or does he finally transmute stuff?

Because if he does he could just make kryptonite.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

He transmuted stuff once, but it didn't really give the impression he could do much except turn something into... water, I think?

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

Aphrodite posted:

I don't watch Legends, is Firestorm still just Heat Wave with flying or does he finally transmute stuff?

Because if he does he could just make kryptonite.

He's mostly still just Heatwave, but with flying. He's shown off the more advanced tricks a few times but he's a definite case of the writers keeping the character dumb so that everything doesn't get solved in 5 minutes flat.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Oracle posted:

Well we know the Dominators exist in Kara's universe so there's a possibility (I actually really liked that detail)

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Rhyno posted:

It really wasn't.

Counterpoint: it was

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Guy A. Person posted:

Well we know the Dominators exist in Kara's universe so there's a possibility (I actually really liked that detail)

And she somehow knows them by that name even though that's what Argus made up to call them on Earth.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Aphrodite posted:

And she somehow knows them by that name even though that's what Argus made up to call them on Earth.

The Dominators put that name in their head with their mental powers DUH

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Or she just recognized them from description.

AbsolutelySane
Jul 2, 2012

Oracle posted:

I just assumed Krypton wasn't destroyed in the Earth 1 universe, hence no Superman or Supergirl.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

OB_Juan posted:

Wasn't it magical before that?

I think it was. I assumed that it was protective but the nuke/death made it go all wiggly wobbly, but I don't think there's anything in the show to back that up.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

AbsolutelySane posted:

I just assumed Krypton wasn't destroyed in the Earth 1 universe, hence no Superman or Supergirl.

Maybe it was and a government just intercepted the rockets.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
"Wally's hurt bad, but he's alive. Oliver, I need you to drop him like three or four times as hard as you can."

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
I laughed way too hard at the "Legends" being indignant about Barry's time travel gently caress up. If all their shenanigans in time only had one tenth of the effect of Barry's actions, everybody should be purple and have umbrellas for heads. :lol:

Tarquinn fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Nov 30, 2016

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Guy A. Person posted:

The Dominators put that name in their head with their mental powers DUH

That makes more sense than the other option, that ARGUS came up with that name without knowing about their mind control powers

Hey Fingercuffs
Nov 29, 2007

Yo baby, you ever had your asshole licked by a fat man in an overcoat?
So I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that when Cisco vibbed him and Frost fighting it was because he turns bad by the end of the season(yes i know they kinda already fought but I feel they are totally setting up him going rogue). Also it was already mentioned earlier but this timeline is totally Flashpoint.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Yea, Cisco is being a huge crybaby. I get that he's upset about his brother. Barry had to kill his loving mom to set things close to correct. If I was Barry I'd tell him about a lie like Cisco was also castrated by some rogue, so hey, your balls work!

Fru Fru
Sep 14, 2007
We're gonna need a bigger boat...and some water.

Hey Fingercuffs posted:

Also it was already mentioned earlier but this timeline is totally Flashpoint.

I thought he said the exact opposite? I will admit to not really listening to Barry whine about time travel again though so I might be confused. Also I don't actually care what flashpoint is, it's a stupid name.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
All of Barry's problems stem from him not having played Chrono Trigger as a kid. If he had he could go save his mom, his dad, Cisco's brother, all right now with no changes to the timeline otherwise.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Tarquinn posted:

I laughed way too hard at the "Legends" being indignant about Barry's time travel gently caress up. If all their shenanigans in time only had one tenth of the effect of Barry's actions, everybody should be purple and have umbrellas for heads. :lol:

I don't think having the Union army and future president Grant fight a hoard of zombies messes things up as much as you think they would

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

What I don't get is why the legends crew hasn't said "oh yeah, we're battling a speedster time traveler right now, maybe he's the cause of these ripple effects."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

bull3964 posted:

What I don't get is why the legends crew hasn't said "oh yeah, we're battling a speedster time traveler right now, maybe he's the cause of these ripple effects."
Maybe they're assuming its Evil Barry who Future Barry warned them about.

• Locked thread