Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
The only birthday gift I want is for new episodes of the Pisscast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
It's the Wrestling Observer Hall of Fame issue this week.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

go big daddy

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

I didn't think Talkin' Shop could get more disorganized, but Jericho is even more determined to derail the show's momentum than Gallows. Strowman is pretty funny when they actually let him talk, though.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

so did Dr. Tom really say Young Bucks slept with Bob Ryder on his podcast?

Der-Wreck
Feb 13, 2006
Friday nights are for Wapner!

Got hooked on the Good Brothers of Talkin' Shop through Talk is Jericho and I want to go through some of the old Talkin Shop episodes. What are some of the must listen episodes and which ones should I just skip?

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

CombineThresher posted:

I didn't think Talkin' Shop could get more disorganized, but Jericho is even more determined to derail the show's momentum than Gallows. Strowman is pretty funny when they actually let him talk, though.

Only Jericho could think that Gordie character is any good

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Der-Wreck posted:

Got hooked on the Good Brothers of Talkin' Shop through Talk is Jericho and I want to go through some of the old Talkin Shop episodes. What are some of the must listen episodes and which ones should I just skip?

This is gonna be of no help but there is an episode where Doc repeatedly says the phrase "There's Kim Jong Un, HES ONE OF THE BOYS" and it was the funniest thing I've ever heard in my life.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
I can't remember a single bad episode of Talkin' Shop, and I listened to them all. Maybe the ones with Rocky Romero weren't great, but they were the minority.

Unfortunately they're mostly or all behind a paywall on MLW now.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

There's one with Kyle O'Reilly I think (maybe Bobby Fish?) where they actually go into some details about COCK! TORRRRRR-TURREERRRRRRRSSSSS and it's loving hilarious. Gallows is just throwing out the most bizarre scenarios, like the fact there's a Reverend on a loudspeaker earnestly begging the guest not to masturbate - "Don't do it, my son! Jesus loves you!" and poo poo like that. It's loving amazing.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

The Jim Duggan interview is really solid as well - I could listen to him dish on the Nasty Boys all day. Whichever episode has them talking about Finn Balor, aka Slays-Pussy-Like-It's-His-Job Hoot, is great too.

Lone Goat posted:

Only Jericho could think that Gordie character is any good

I don't dislike Gordy Canuck, but Jericho's trying WAY too hard and it's a little grating. As frustrating as Gallows is sometimes, at least he's naturally a boisterous goof and not the cool uncle Jericho trying to fit in.

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...
Jericho is happy to find some dudes who are as consistently drunk as he is and tries a little too hard to hang with them

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Jerusalem posted:

There's one with Kyle O'Reilly I think (maybe Bobby Fish?) where they actually go into some details about COCK! TORRRRRR-TURREERRRRRRRSSSSS and it's loving hilarious. Gallows is just throwing out the most bizarre scenarios, like the fact there's a Reverend on a loudspeaker earnestly begging the guest not to masturbate - "Don't do it, my son! Jesus loves you!" and poo poo like that. It's loving amazing.

The best part of the whole deal is Bobby Fish not being fazed at all by the idea of Cock Torturers. It's just every day in the Fish Bowl.

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

I'm driving with my mind!

checksin posted:

Jericho is happy to find some dudes who are as consistently drunk as he is and tries a little too hard to hang with them
Hey, man, if you don't want to hang out with Jericho, there's something wrong with you

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Charles Gnarwin posted:

The best part of the whole deal is Bobby Fish not being fazed at all by the idea of Cock Torturers. It's just every day in the Fish Bowl.

Was it Fish they later tell a sponsor story about? The one where the sponsor gets all upset because Fish was flirting with his girlfriend, so they all lie to him and tell him they're done for the night and going back to their hotel rooms, then they all sneak back out to meet up with the sponsor again? :allears:

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Pretty much all of Talk n Shop is amazing. I haven't to even listened to it in months and I can still hear Doc doing the Dads4Real commercial in my head.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

bryan: if they wanted a robot they should've used dasha because i am POSITIVE she's a robot
dave: mm. i don't think she's actually a robot.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Gorn Myson posted:

Pretty much all of Talk n Shop is amazing. I haven't to even listened to it in months and I can still hear Doc doing the Dads4Real commercial in my head.

Am I dad... Are you?

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
wrong dang thread

Der-Wreck
Feb 13, 2006
Friday nights are for Wapner!

I just dove right in, bought the MLW sub (only 2 bucks so that ain't bad). Listened to the first episode of Talkn Shop and I'm loving it. Got spooked by Gallo-SEX FERGERSON's loud rear end entrance holy moley!

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Der-Wreck posted:

I just dove right in, bought the MLW sub (only 2 bucks so that ain't bad). Listened to the first episode of Talkn Shop and I'm loving it. Got spooked by Gallo-SEX FERGERSON's loud rear end entrance holy moley!

Crack open a beer. Take off your pants.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

The way they setup the dads 4 real sponsor over a series of episodes and pay it off is loving amazing.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
Braun on Talk'n Shop was great. I downloaded the poo app

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

When the drug test comes back positive for performance enhancing drugs.
Braun is the first guy they're pushing because "he's so big!" that I like. He seems like a really cool guy behind the scenes and I get the feeling that he's trying to earn the level of attention he's otherwise being given for free.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Cardboard Box posted:

bryan: if they wanted a robot they should've used dasha because i am POSITIVE she's a robot
dave: mm. i don't think she's actually a robot.

Haha, I just got to that bit :allears:

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Der-Wreck posted:

Thanks for this reminder - I've been meaning to sub for a month so I can grab the old Tizz Schizz's. Really wish Gallows and Anderson were on Smackdown so they could bring COCKKKKKK TORTUREEERRRSSS to Talking Smack.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

flashy_mcflash posted:

Thanks for this reminder - I've been meaning to sub for a month so I can grab the old Tizz Schizz's. Really wish Gallows and Anderson were on Smackdown so they could bring COCKKKKKK TORTUREEERRRSSS to Talking Smack.

I need James Ellsworth on SHOP TALK

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Vaguido posted:

Braun is the first guy they're pushing because "he's so big!" that I like. He seems like a really cool guy behind the scenes and I get the feeling that he's trying to earn the level of attention he's otherwise being given for free.

The anti-Roman

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Lmfao

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I wish Braun's name was Maximinus Thrax :shobon:

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Jerusalem posted:

I wish Braun's name was Maximinus Thrax :shobon:

He'll need to go to TNA for that

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

From

to

https://www.patreon.com/WrestlingSheet

in 3 months

If you come at the Meltz, you best not miss

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

The funniest part is he's namesearching to argue with people calling him out.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

HulkaMatt posted:

The funniest part is he's namesearching to argue with people calling him out.

He's been name searching to get into slap fights since the site launched

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

flashy_mcflash posted:

Gig me like the butcher

Cut me like the butcher

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

I'm driving with my mind!
I wouldn't say asking for donations is the same as having people pay for news.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

AMReese posted:

I wouldn't say asking for donations is the same as having people pay for news.

How is donating to a scoopsman in order to help him cover his scoopscosts materially or functionally different than paying for a WON subscription? Show your work.

flashy_mcflash fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Nov 30, 2016

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

flashy_mcflash posted:

How is donating to a scoopsman in order to help him cover his scoopscosts materially or functionally different than paying for a WON subscription? Show your work.

Well for 10 dollars a month you get one mp3 and a 30 minute video instead of an issue of the Observer, Bryan doing like 15 shows a week, Dave shutting Bryan down, and Bix's reporting in F4D.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

And you explicitly have to donate to the Patreon to get a complete episode of their podcast.

quote:

Additional perks include:
Full Episode of Wrestling Sheet Radio available for MP3 download.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Have had my ups and downs with Ryan publicly and privately. But people who I absolutely trust have told me he has used TMZ style tactics (become a source or we will print this story about you). As a result his sources have really dried up recently and exclusives have become less and less.

• Locked thread