Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lynx
Nov 4, 2009

22 Eargesplitten posted:

That says invalid or expired. I'm pretty sure it's not supposed to be channels/whatevernumbers, I think it's supposed to be discord.gg/alphanumericstring123. I'm not sure how to find it, though.

The one I'm in has a picture of Chains's actor as the server icon, channel names like #safe_house and LFG Squad. Is that the right one? I never see anybody in the channels, just listed as online.

I know people used to hang out in the steam group's chat all the time, but I never see anyone in there anymore.

What's your username on Discord? We should be able to friend you and then invite you to the group.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete
https://discord.gg/EzhBaqc

This one is set to never expire.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Eargesplitten. Hopefully there's only one of me, I don't have an avatar or anything because I'm boring.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

22 Eargesplitten posted:

The one I'm in has a picture of Chains's actor as the server icon, channel names like #safe_house and LFG Squad. Is that the right one?
That's the one.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

How did you get there?!?

I popped the door open and quickly zipped in around a corner because I had to handle something IRL. I didn't realize I'd just Cask of Amontillado'd myself until I came back.

re: the Discord, there's a lot of people but I've not had a lot of luck pulling together a crew. I got these 3 remaining 1ds and the stove is so very hot.

Nehru the Damaja fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Nov 28, 2016

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

https://streamable.com/q9bj

Wastrel_
Jun 3, 2004

Read it and weep.

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Yes please, someone tell me how to play with goons. I need some cheevos, like that "Don't let cops into the jewelry store" one. Or can you just stealth it and get it? I want to try my hand at the M16 DMR. Also the breaker shotgun, but I guess those attachments aren't achivement based.

No, it has to be done loud. Tripmines are the best way - set them up at all possible entrances. I did it back when you only got a maximum of 6, too! With 14 it should be much easier.

Anarchist LBV is workable on OD, but with zero dodge you're essentially always on the verge of being downed. Cover is incredibly important, and that takes no small amount of skill.

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe
Swan song aced helps immensely. I have a done a bunch (10ish) one downs with that and LBV frenzerchist.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Soloing Train Transport?!? Isnt that a huge pain in the rear end? Every time I have tried there have been far too many guards. How do you do it?

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
Does anyone still play this dead game? Steam chat was pretty dead unless everything has moved somewhere else over the last few months I haven't been playing.

e: this conversation happened on the last page too. I'll check this crap out when I get home.

dscruffy1 fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Nov 28, 2016

wargames
Mar 16, 2008

official yospos cat censor
Discord kills goon groups it seems because people want to use it as an irc server and never actually talk to other people, looking at you elite dangerous.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Soloing Train Transport?!? Isnt that a huge pain in the rear end? Every time I have tried there have been far too many guards. How do you do it?

Here's a video I made.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n77J_HwBCKo

The only trouble I have with this approach is if I get the boat exit because it's no longer practical to haul any of the bags on foot, which means you need to pick one of the two ziplines, and neither is practical for all three cars. It adds a lot of travel either way and more travel means more chances to get spotted. And then you have to sneak through the valley, which is a pain. (I prefer the zipline on the left side because there's less foot traffic.)

It's not an auto-loss by any means -- you just get a lot more chances to screw up.

Nehru the Damaja fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Nov 28, 2016

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Here's a video I made.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n77J_HwBCKo

The only trouble I have with this approach is if I get the boat exit because it's no longer practical to haul any of the bags on foot, which means you need to pick one of the two ziplines, and neither is practical for all three cars. It adds a lot of travel either way and more travel means more chances to get spotted. And then you have to sneak through the valley, which is a pain. (I prefer the zipline on the left side because there's less foot traffic.)

It's not an auto-loss by any means -- you just get a lot more chances to screw up.
Awesome, thank you. You know that you have the boat exit if you spawn over there, though, so it seems like it is easy enough to manage that decision (like you mentioned in the video). I never would have thought to use a saw in lieu of silent drills + keycard + ECMs so I will keep that in mind as well.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Nah, I do it for fun.
1. 3 guards are exclusively tied to the lumberyard. Take them out, then take out civilians as they enter the area, and it becomes completely safe. This provides a powerful staging area with easy access to one loot secure zone and a zipline.
2. Bring a silent saw for the train doors and ECMs-note that an enemy on the other side or roof of the train can hear it. Save keycards and ECMs for the middle of the train if you can.
3. You can see guards' feet under the train.
4. You can both jump across, and jump up the walls of, the canyon. This makes it much easier to transfer everything but turret parts.
5. The ziplines are totally safe- and a bag sent down them is also safe at the far end.

You know that you have the boat exit if you spawn over there, though, so it seems like it is easy enough to manage that decision (like you mentioned in the video).

Exit location is calculated independently from spawn location. Boat is %35 chance, iirc.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Awesome, thank you. You know that you have the boat exit if you spawn over there, though, so it seems like it is easy enough to manage that decision (like you mentioned in the video). I never would have thought to use a saw in lieu of silent drills + keycard + ECMs so I will keep that in mind as well.

I got the boat exit from the warehouse spawn once. It's only happened to me once though.

Unrelated: Two 1Ds left: Park and Forest. I've had both of them in my grasp and ripped out at the last second. Once when we restarted Park for a guy who disconnected (and it turned out couldn't stay connected at all) and once when my three teammates on Forest each individually committed suicide rather than waiting in the safety of the train car where we had our loot with Bile incoming.

Nehru the Damaja fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Nov 28, 2016

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Thank you both for info. I enjoy running Stealth heists solo when working from home or watching something on the side.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Any of these I should get? Already have all the others.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Mystic Stylez posted:

Is that 2.62 rubles? Am I reading that right?

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
I didn't know the IZHMA was fun.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Grapplejack posted:

Is that 2.62 rubles? Am I reading that right?

It's Brazilian Reais.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

I'll do you one better! (You don't need aced low blow/sneak bastard with the new mod pack)

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Mystic Stylez posted:

sydney gets you anarchist, a pretty popular perk deck. Wick pack, for sure, is something you can skip. The contractor and UMP have excellent feel, but aren't any better than many other options. Chivalry is still potentially useful, but IMO it's not the right choice for 1D so it's a nice to have at best. I think Gage Ninja gets you the kunai melee weapon, and poison right now is really strong, so that may be valuable?

the rest, eh. personal preference.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Biker Heist gives you the Biker SMG, but if you have Rust as a character you got the better weapon tied to the Biker stuff. Wolf Pack gives you the China Puff, which I feel still has a place even though the Arbiter is insanely good. Point Break gives you the Baby Deagle, which used to be hot poo poo. It's still ok but no longer a literal pocket primary that it was. Yakuza pack gives you both the Micro Uzi and Katana which are good, but not really necessary. Golden Grin gives you the Buzzer, but the free Electric Brass Knuckles are nearly identical: the Buzzer is a little bit faster with the attack, but it's eh. The Ninja Pack guns are still decent up to DW, so if 1D is not going to be your regular mode of play (I don't think it is for anyone except the mode hardcore autists) you'll have some extra toys to play with.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
alternate interpretation: at those prices you should just go ahead and buy the lot if you enjoy the game, that amounts to almost nothing and none of the given DLCs are complete garbage, so

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Drewjitsu posted:

I'll do you one better! (You don't need aced low blow/sneak bastard with the new mod pack)

I like that. I'm going to try it after I infamy again. Ghost seems like a good second infamy discount.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Mystic Stylez fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Dec 15, 2016

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
I have an exhaustive DLC guide here.. I'll add the spec ops pack in a couple days.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Nov 29, 2016

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

22 Eargesplitten posted:

I like that. I'm going to try it after I infamy again. Ghost seems like a good second infamy discount.

It's pretty loving great. The best way to conceptualize how to play the build is to joust at a large group of enemies, murder them as you zoom by, grab their ammo, and then pop into cover to reload and recharge your stamina.

Lather, rinse, and repeat. (use HE if there are shields or a dozer you want to blow the face plate off of)

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Mystic Stylez posted:

Psion got it right, though I'd add the Wolf pack into consideration because it's got the China Lake unless you've got the Gage Spec Ops pack which gives you an (arguably) better secondary GL.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Just got this game, any way to completely disable headbob for a friend?

E: found the following script

"script function PlayerMaskOff:_get_walk_headbob() return 0 end
function PlayerStandard._get_walk_headbob() return 0 end"

just not sure where to enter it.

EE: oh yeah downloaded and installed the BLT, just not really sure how to make/use scripts and poo poo. :V

Mordja fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Nov 30, 2016

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

I swear to god the hardest thing about getting this goddamn statue is finding a group of four people. Not even good ones. Just people. 48 people in the Discord right now and not a goddamn one of them is doing or saying anything.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

I'm coming. What's your username on discord? Shoe?

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Drewjitsu posted:

I'm coming. What's your username on discord? Shoe?

Yeah

edit: One 1D left. Bomb: Forest.

Nehru the Damaja fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Nov 30, 2016

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

UnknownMercenary posted:

Wolf Pack gives you the China Puff, which I feel still has a place

Plan Z posted:

Psion got it right, though I'd add the Wolf pack into consideration because it's got the China Lake

I forgot the CL was in Wolf Pack. Definitely add that or Spec Ops to the list. I would even say both - Wolf Pack now, Spec Ops when it goes on sale - because incendiaries are incredible for your 1D success ratio. Ask merc! :v:

I specifically mean incendiaries out of a China Lake or MGL-140, because for best effect you have to stack them at a rate the GL40 can't do.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Nehru the Damaja posted:

I swear to god the hardest thing about getting this goddamn statue is finding a group of four people. Not even good ones. Just people. 48 people in the Discord right now and not a goddamn one of them is doing or saying anything.

@here is your friend

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

I've been kind of iffy on the China Lake mostly due to that post-reload delay lately, and the new grenade launcher has only made the possibility of me not using it anymore even greater.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

The only downside to the Arbiter is that it gets affected more heavily by desync because it shoots faster.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Mordja posted:

Just got this game, any way to completely disable headbob for a friend?

E: found the following script

"script function PlayerMaskOff:_get_walk_headbob() return 0 end
function PlayerStandard._get_walk_headbob() return 0 end"

just not sure where to enter it.

EE: oh yeah downloaded and installed the BLT, just not really sure how to make/use scripts and poo poo. :V

So anything on this? I looked online and copied some scripts into a .lua file but while it shows up in the ingame mod menu, it doesn't actually work at all.

My buddy literally can't play this game, gives him a headache.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

UnknownMercenary posted:

The only downside to the Arbiter is that it gets affected more heavily by desync because it shoots faster.

Doesn't it also do less damage so it can't 1-hit some specials?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Doesn't it also do less damage so it can't 1-hit some specials?

Yes. This is actually a pretty severe limitation on the uppermost difficulties, but the gun is damned fun.