Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
Anyone willing to help me evolve this Porygon to Porygon-Z?

FC: 1891-1454-3807, IGN: Estelle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Yeah, it's not totally efficient compared to walking back and forth but if you don't care about hatching the egg RIGHT NOW then it's fast enough, and you can hatch up to 18.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

greatn posted:

Hrm. I mainly chose him for being two types I didn't have on my team. Any other recommendations? Taking him out would leave fairy/dark/dragon/fighting/rock/normal with no representation.

Also, I have a Gyarados of relative similar level to my Pelliper right now, but she just doesn't seem as strong, will she be better eventually?

I'd prefer a two type mon. I could pull my Radicate-A out of storage I suppose.

Is there a reason you're neglecting to mention ice and bug, the two most important types?

Josuke Higashikata posted:

No idea what possessed Game Freak when they decided on the Gen 5 evolution levels.

They're not too outlandish, given that you catch most pokémon 5-10 levels below their evolution level. It's only ridiculous when they're transplanted to new regions and suddenly you're catching a pokémon that evolves at level 54 on route 3.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Got a Castform for a Litten last night!

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Senerio posted:

Yeah, it's not totally efficient compared to walking back and forth but if you don't care about hatching the egg RIGHT NOW then it's fast enough, and you can hatch up to 18.

If you leave them too long, do they go hard boiled? :ohdear:

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Your Computer posted:

If you leave them too long, do they go hard boiled? :ohdear:

No.

But pokemon you leave there to gain happiness do.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Dabir posted:

Why is there a five minute cutscene before and after choosing your starter, I just want to SR for a jolly rowlett.

I did the same and I can only imagine they did it to discourage that sort of thing.

And it almost worked! I spent an hour mashing the skip dialogue button but it's not so bad if you just do it idly while watching YT or something. gently caress if I'm ditching my starter post game just because that's when they decided you should be allowed to have good Pokemon.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Is there a reason you're neglecting to mention ice and bug, the two most important types?

They're not too outlandish, given that you catch most pokémon 5-10 levels below their evolution level. It's only ridiculous when they're transplanted to new regions and suddenly you're catching a pokémon that evolves at level 54 on route 3.

Yeah I forgot them.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Took every one of my beast balls to do this:

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Sockser posted:

You should be good?

Your game gives you a Lunala and a cosmog
You trade for two cosmogs, giving you three
Evolve one to Lunala, trade for Solgaleo
Evolve one to Cosmoem and keep it there

Done

Oh, I had no idea it gave you both of those (I just arrived on the third island story-wise). It's pretty cool that they handled it just like the version exclusive UBs. Thanks for the tip.

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Supremezero posted:

Anyone willing to help me evolve this Porygon to Porygon-Z?

FC: 1891-1454-3807, IGN: Estelle.

Sure, as long you don't mind helping me evolve my Magmar and Electabuzz.

FC: 0104-4230-9299, IGN: Jason

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
A charismatic leader with great hair sells his soul for power...

The wings of darkness...

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Scrap Dragon posted:

Sure, as long you don't mind helping me evolve my Magmar and Electabuzz.

FC: 0104-4230-9299, IGN: Jason

Sure.

Though I wish I'd known about this before I GTS'd castforms for those four :v:

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
Shouldn't the Magmar have been The Fury?

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Rule of acquisition #111:
Treat people in your debt like family...exploit them.

I got to the E4 the other day but I needed to level up a couple guys, so I spent most of yesterday grinding (interrupted only to chain for an Umbreon which ended up with a shiny Eevee). Now most of my team is in the 50s, only the dragon fighting guy (I can't remember his name) is only 45. I remember thinking in X I was too low leveled to face the E4 but I tried anyway and had no problems. So I did in this game too and....wow. The E4 is no joke here. Is there a better spot to grind besides the mountain pass leading to the E4? It worked well enough but now everyone is higher than the wild Pokémon there and I'm getting very little XP.

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Supremezero posted:

Sure.

Though I wish I'd known about this before I GTS'd castforms for those four :v:

Thanks, I really appreciate it!

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Supremezero posted:

Shouldn't the Magmar have been The Fury?

He was originally, but I changed it when I caught the Electabuzz

Flagrama
Jun 19, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

boy are my arms tired posted:

yes, however bottlecaps are sort of at a premium since its random if you get any, and you need 6 if you want to make a single competitive mon (arguably 5 if not mixed sweeper or 4 if you want really low speed); if you're real lucky you could get a gold bottle cap

You can actually consistently get one per day by getting at least a 30 win streak in Battle Tree the previous day. You have to actually finish the streak, so you have to lose afterwards. You'll get all the streak rewards so you don't have to worry about ending at exactly 30 either.

XainZero
Feb 16, 2011

Humerus posted:

I got to the E4 the other day but I needed to level up a couple guys, so I spent most of yesterday grinding (interrupted only to chain for an Umbreon which ended up with a shiny Eevee). Now most of my team is in the 50s, only the dragon fighting guy (I can't remember his name) is only 45. I remember thinking in X I was too low leveled to face the E4 but I tried anyway and had no problems. So I did in this game too and....wow. The E4 is no joke here. Is there a better spot to grind besides the mountain pass leading to the E4? It worked well enough but now everyone is higher than the wild Pokémon there and I'm getting very little XP.

You wanna go to back to Vast Poni Canyon because more pokes there are evolved and give more exps.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Is there an item to drop an IV to 0? For breeding Trick Room mons obviously.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

MacheteZombie posted:

Is there an item to drop an IV to 0? For breeding Trick Room mons obviously.

Breed using a parent who has an IV of 0 and give it the appropriate power item to hold.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Deified Data posted:

The wings of darkness...

Congratulations on finding a Rowlet family member I would not pet.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Deified Data posted:

The wings of darkness...

Still a cute bird that needs lots of head nuzzling.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Trying to catch a level 12 Salamence for my amusement, it's not going too great so far.

Also, still have Jangmo-o and Rowlet eggs up for grabs in exchange for Popplio and Litten! FC is 0903-3508-3015 and IGN is Carlos

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.
I got to the point where I am supposed to capture Lunala to progress in the plot. Currently resetting for it's nature: I am planning on keeping it if it's a Bold Nature (to maximize bulky Calm Mind shenanigans) or Modest/Timid (for a more standard attack build), but I'm having a bit of trouble deciding which of Timid or Modest is the better nature for our skeletal bat friend. Should I pick Timid and focus on the right Speed EVs and maximized Special Attack EVs in order to tie with other Lunala packing Timid natures and outspeeding key pokémon, or should I pick Modest and EV train for maximized Special Attack and maybe something that's bulkier and deals more damage than if I had gone with Timid?

For the record, I know that I'm able to get a second Lunala in the postgame which I'm planning to give the nature I didn't go with of either Bold or Modest/Timid. (So I'd have one that'd be a Calm Mind user or that otherwise benefits from the higher defence and one that's more standard special sweeper of the fast/bulky kind.)

Also, both Lusamine battles kind of disappointed me after Guzma's third battle almost handed me my first total party defeat with Pokémon 10 levels or more below mine at that point. I kinda expected more from them, but as it was, they simply dragged on a little. Awesome music though.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Humerus posted:

just fight the e4 over and over until you win

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
I caught a cute little bear :)

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

I beat the game with my pals Waako, Bouncee, Nebby, VikViper, IceQueen, and Qupachu :toot:

I had no problems with the incineroar what are you even implying. I mean he practically killed himself sweeping the majority of my team

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I don't think I'm allowed to complain about stupid trades on the GTS any more. I mean, I got one of every UB off there for a Castform. It's me, I am the unreasonable one.

Still slowly going along with the story too. Nebby took far too long to get in the Moon Ball. We're gonna go beat up some spearows later. Already hit 71 hours.

Oh, and it turns out Rainbow Beans fire up the Affection level ridiculously fast. Now that everything is upgraded I've actually been able to use the things without it feeling like a waste. Also Isle Avue is populated with Popplios.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Mmm, why do I keep getting foreign pokemon in wondertrade? It's nice and all, but kinda weird. Like I have an entire box of japanese/italian pokemon.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Hammerite posted:

Breed using a parent who has an IV of 0 and give it the appropriate power item to hold.

Oh I know that bit. I've been a Poke breeder since the emerald days. Was just curious if they added an item to decrease ivs since there is an increase ivs item now.

Thanks though!

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

McDragon posted:

I don't think I'm allowed to complain about stupid trades on the GTS any more. I mean, I got one of every UB off there for a Castform. It's me, I am the unreasonable one.
I genuinely don't know why people want Castforms so badly! Is there that large of a population that wants a living dex?

Tired Moritz posted:

Mmm, why do I keep getting foreign pokemon in wondertrade? It's nice and all, but kinda weird. Like I have an entire box of japanese/italian pokemon.
Well, the size of the Japanese population that plays Pokemon... (especially depending on when exactly you're wonder trading, if it's closer to their peak hours)

That said, no idea about the Italian if it's specifically them and not any other Romance language.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

quick breeding question, but Hidden Abilities pass on if the dad is a HA Ditto right?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
it's like 2-3am for them, why are Japanese peeps still awake?!!

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Fun Times! posted:

I caught a cute little bear :)

Is it the cute lil bear where all of its Pokedex entries are about how terrifying and aggressive it is?

Yeah he's a good friend of mine.

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

Senerio posted:

Took every one of my beast balls to do this:

Uh, that's pretty rad and all, but you know that Stufful would be literally double as easy to catch? Or is it just purely for the difficulty now?

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

tyblazitar posted:

Uh, that's pretty rad and all, but you know that Stufful would be literally double as easy to catch? Or is it just purely for the difficulty now?

nah, Dex Completion and a lack of a more interesting ball to catch it in.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Isn't it better to just get one pokemon with a beast ball and breed it down using a breed chain?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Tired Moritz posted:

it's like 2-3am for them, why are Japanese peeps still awake?!!
They have socks full of poop and boxes full of Japanese pokemon to give away.

Carlosologist posted:

quick breeding question, but Hidden Abilities pass on if the dad is a HA Ditto right?
I don't believe the Ditto has any influence on the ability chosen - parent of the species has to have the hidden ability, but I could be wrong.