Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Robert Deadford
Mar 1, 2008
Ultra Carp

Pander posted:

Yeah. Just not sure where fair value is set. I'll look into it tomorrow. If you have a need of abt that value let me know what you think.

You have a 2015 Shawn Kelley listed in your Minors. I'm interested in him.

tatankatonk posted:

I've got a 1915 Smokey Joe Williams, a 1918 Carl Mays, and a 1924 Carl Mays for sale. These great deadballers can be yours, and all I want in return is your power pitching. Hit me up on Discord or the irc or here
A 1915 Smokey Joe Williams? SLRef lists him as 1911. Now, Verlander is on the table. Care to swap Verlander for Williams?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead

mentholmoose posted:

If you want pick 42 I'd do that deal. What's your definition of okay, not great player?

I will consider trading, but at that point I probably wont have a huge need for anyone left on the board, so I will need to see whats there at that point. For an additional player I was thinking someone decent from my minors.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Milt Thompson posted:

A 1915 Smokey Joe Williams? SLRef lists him as 1911. Now, Verlander is on the table. Care to swap Verlander for Williams?

Nice call. I actually put him on my preliminary roster for next season. I'll look at it today.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

Milt Thompson posted:

The thing is, I don't know whether you have anyone available that I can use in his place.

I mean, this is my catcher situation:

1) Buster Posey, who I'd rather not trade
2) Rick Ferrell, who I'm definitely not trading
3) Ray Schalk, who I'd totally trade
4) Todd Hundley, who I'd totally trade

Schalk is a perfectly cromulent third catcher, which is all you need behind Torre and York, and Hundley could hypothetically cover a bit of the outfield should you so desire. I don't know what you'd want as a hypothetical throw-in.

OrangeKing
Dec 5, 2002

They do play in October!

The Broomstackers select 2014 Jonathan Papelbon in the hopes of actually having a functioning bullpen in the upcoming season. Gabriel Pope and the Omaha Forgettables are on the clock!

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck
I have a Jack Powell I'm looking to move for a Soon Pick

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

Pash posted:

Since we are apparently doing lots of trades I will give someone both my 4th rounders, my 2nd round SD pick, and some okay not great player for a pick.

I'm going to clarify this. My 2 forth round picks, my 2nd round SD pick, and one of the following players:
2011 Ortiz
2003 Jason Giambi
2004 Ken Griffey Jr.
1936 Wally Berger
1907 Howie Camnitz
1907 Lefty Leifield
1906 Dummy Taylor
1924 Stan Coveleski
Pat Venditte 'X6

For a pick that gets me that Old Pete Alexander. Because having another old as gently caress pitcher on my team would be funny.

Pete Ladd
Mar 9, 2012

Pash posted:

I'm going to clarify this. My 2 forth round picks, my 2nd round SD pick, and one of the following players:

1924 Stan Coveleski
Pat Venditte 'X6

For a pick that gets me that Old Pete Alexander. Because having another old as gently caress pitcher on my team would be funny.

I canne offer þe 20th picke, that we notte yet disturbe our dignitie inn chooseing bye oure own hand a modern player from these ignorante, episcopall, ungodly tymes.

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

Pete Ladd posted:

I canne offer þe 20th picke, that we notte yet disturbe our dignitie inn chooseing bye oure own hand a modern player from these ignorante, episcopall, ungodly tymes.

If Old Pete is still there I will do this.

Also I love your post.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

The use of the thorn was anachronistic, the word would have been rendered as "ye" :colbert:

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."
In printing, but not necessarily in informal script.

(though I believe in that case, it should have been a superscripted "e," Pete Ladd may want to stick to pitching)

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

Just so I have some idea of what to potentially offer for pick 20, is the premods current gimmick pre-liveball playes as a whole or more specific to a certain era? I do have some 19 century guys I can move

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."
1880-1910, more or less.

Though there is a "funny" "loophole" that will eventually arise, I suspect.

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

i love it when you call me big poppa

The Merry Marauder posted:

1880-1910, more or less.

Though there is a "funny" "loophole" that will eventually arise, I suspect.

Rather than offering "good" players from that time frame, would you consider "a lot of" players from that time frame? Namely the entire 1897 Louisville Colonols minus Rube Waddell, Honus Wagner, Fred Clarke and Perry Werden, and the 1907 NY Highlanders minus Al Orth, Jack Chesbro, Slow Joe Doyle, Earl Moore, Clarke Griffith, Deacon McGuire, Jimmy Williams, Kid Elberfeld, Tom Hughes, and Willie Keeler. 40 players are better than 1 player imo.

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck
EC teams not have roster limits anymor or what

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Forgettables pick 1965 Juan Marichal. kw0134 and the Generics are up.

Here's the draft sheet that nobody bothers linking with their picks, because you lot are all uncivilized savages

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

Pete Ladd posted:

I have some names of interest I can spare, mostly (all?) hitters.

1897 Fred Clarke (24) - elite hitter, speedster, eye, and solid LF defense.
1902 Jesse Burkett (33) - see Clarke, Fred; worse defender in LF
1902 Bobby Wallace (28) - underutilized at 3B, where his glove can stick. Bat is underwhelming, but he can make contact.
1902 Joe Sudgen (31) - Rated as the best defensive catcher of his era, will absolutely shut down running games. Can't hit.
1902 John Anderson (28) - Switch-hitting first baseman with excellent speed and baserunning prowess. Can also play a fine LF with a rocket arm.
1902 Emmet Heidrick (25) - Rangy CF with a gun for an arm, excellent contact skills and fastest man alive for his era with base-running skills. He'd get more burn if current backup Max Carey didn't make him redundant.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
Anybody want pick 42 or 1985 Dan Quisenberry, or both? There's nobody in this draft I really desperately want any more, so I figure I'll attempt to trade for futures. I'd like a Super-Draft pick or two in return.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

I figure I should try this again and actually give more than 2 hours' notice in a weird timezone:

Hey Gingemidget, remember when I offered you my first rounder for Sandberg + Smoltz? Well, I don't have quite as good an offer this time, but here's a thing:

My 2nd rounder and your choice of 95 Tom Henke (old; a gamble on whether he'll do well) or 95 Todd Worrell (also old, but not literally his last year; much lower ceiling, somewhat higher floor)

For Sandberg + Smoltz

also, some incarnation of marauder (I think the main account?): check your PMs.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

GABE POPE:

Do you have interest in trading your pick? I'm either here or on discord and I am willing to do Deals

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

i love it when you call me big poppa
Does anyone have a good aged Butch Wynegar they'll trade for nothing good?

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Monathin posted:

GABE POPE:

Do you have interest in trading your pick? I'm either here or on discord and I am willing to do Deals

He picked.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

That's what I get for not checking the drat thread until after work.

HEY KW0134-

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck
still offering Jack Powell for One Of The Next Two or Three Picks

shepard.shouldgo
Feb 2, 2016

A trade

Base Cloggers Send
1996 Trevor Hoffman

Generics Send
pick #19

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

shepard.shouldgo posted:

A trade

Base Cloggers Send
1996 Trevor Hoffman

Generics Send
pick #19

Accepted.

ye Plimoth Premodernists are now up.

shepard.shouldgo
Feb 2, 2016

kw0134 posted:

Accepted.

ye Plimoth Premodernists are now up.

Oy! I still need to pick first!

That said the base cloggers proudly welcome 1986 George Brett

NOW the pre modernists are up

shepard.shouldgo fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Dec 1, 2016

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

Pre-Mods! I want to offer you 82 Trojans or 01 Orphans but I have no idea what your needs are! What are you looking for in exchange for this pick?

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Panderers offer

1962 Juan Marichal

Enix slimes offer

2016 David Price
2016 Carson Smith

Ginge
Sep 8, 2011

Well, Chippy is already my favourite character!

FairGame posted:

I figure I should try this again and actually give more than 2 hours' notice in a weird timezone:

Hey Gingemidget, remember when I offered you my first rounder for Sandberg + Smoltz? Well, I don't have quite as good an offer this time, but here's a thing:

My 2nd rounder and your choice of 95 Tom Henke (old; a gamble on whether he'll do well) or 95 Todd Worrell (also old, but not literally his last year; much lower ceiling, somewhat higher floor)

For Sandberg + Smoltz

I have some interest in this, but it depends on what goes off the board before your pick. I'll get back to you when you're up.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

The Premodernists are up! Here's a handy draft link

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Pander posted:

Panderers offer

1962 Juan Marichal

Enix slimes offer

2016 David Price
2016 Carson Smith

Slimes agree.

We are also looking to make other trades. Floating our third round draft pick for now as well as take a look at our roster and feeders - some quality choices.

Need quality starting pitchers and relievers. Like anyone else.

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

Pete Ladd posted:

If you still want to do this I'm game. I will post it so you just need to agree if this still works:

Trade Proposal:
Commission Sends:
1924 Stan Coveleski
Pat Venditte 'X6
DD20 Picks 64 and 82
My 2nd round SD

Premodernists Send:
DD20 Pick 20

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

Pash posted:

If you still want to do this I'm game. I will post it so you just need to agree if this still works

Unfortunately, I am very pressed for time today and cannot entertain other negotiations, so this works for me.

Enjoy your Grover.

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The Merry Marauder posted:

Unfortunately, I am very pressed for time today and cannot entertain other negotiations, so this works for me.

Enjoy your Grover.

Sweet. Commission takes Pete Alexander '26.

TMMadman is on the clock.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Menage a Trade oh god that sounds so bad

Jampact sends 2016 Betances and 2016 Miller to kensei

kensei sends 1983 Cal Ripken/Dave Winfield/Aurelio Lopez to mrnoun

mrnoun sends 1940 Arky Vaughn to Jampact

mrnoun
Jul 24, 2007

kensei posted:

Menage a Trade oh god that sounds so bad

Jampact sends 2016 Betances and 2016 Miller to kensei

kensei sends 1983 Cal Ripken/Dave Winfield/Aurelio Lopez to mrnoun

mrnoun sends 1940 Arky Vaughn to Jampact

Accepted. Yet again.

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Pitching is the art of instilling fear.

Milt Thompson posted:

No, sorry. I'd need somebody better than Verlander

Jampact
Jun 3, 2008

mrnoun posted:

Accepted. Yet again.

Same. Yay a SS!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

And with that, I am looking for a specific guy in the next few picks. I would trade #29 and something to move up :)