Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

HardDiskD posted:

I dunno, it feels kinda strange to me that he is charging rent, when she is his SO. Maybe if he said that they were splitting the bills and groceries I wouldn't feel that way but. :shrug:

Maybe he is phrasing it that way, he's not the one who posted the story

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

HardDiskD posted:

I dunno, it feels kinda strange to me that he is charging rent, when she is his SO. Maybe if he said that they were splitting the bills and groceries I wouldn't feel that way but. :shrug:
It's more like they are sharing the burden of the large bill that comes each month, to me.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Fair. Then yeah, entitlement.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
trigger warning: pick talks about her are self

as someone who has regularly been the younger coworker/customer/etc that some older guy was unprofessionally smitten with, but not in a way quite obvious or specific enough to address, i've been tempted to actually let them into my apartment just to see the look on their face when they realize that every single wall and shelf is packed with nothing but taxidermy and designer shoes, and there's nothing to eat but raw stew meat and crispix

go back to your wife

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Pick posted:

as someone who has regularly been the younger coworker/customer/etc that some older guy was unprofessionally smitten with, but not in a way quite obvious or specific enough to address, i've been tempted to actually let them into my apartment just to see the look on their face when they realize that every single wall and shelf is packed with nothing but taxidermy and designer shoes, and there's nothing to eat but raw stew meat and crispix

go back to your wife

Sure, but in their ideal scenario they would just bang you and then go home, not live with you.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Pick posted:

go back to your wife

i don't think they will care as long as they get to bang you

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
Our [30'M&F] children go to elementry school with some UFC Fighters son. My husband and his friend keep trying to to talk to the kid.

quote:

Hi, I want to keep as much anonymity as I can.

Our children go to school with some UFC fighter son. The guy is apparently successful according to my husband. The guy picked his son up from school and my husband and his friend saw him. They talked to him and had they're picture taken.

My husband when he picks our children up try's to strike up a conversation with the kid. I've seen him do this with my own eyes. The kid has no interest in talking to him and walks over to the teacher. His dad has been there before and he seems to get really annoyed when my husband walks up to him and his son.

How do I get my husband to stop?

TL;DR: My husband keeps trying to strike up a conversation with a child in elementary school, just because his dad is a UFC fighter.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

HardDiskD posted:

i don't think they will care as long as they get to bang you

they're invited into the apartment. from there on out, there's no sex, just in-depth discussion of dragon age 2 headcanons until they leave. never fails.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Am I [28 M] crazy, or did I marry a girl (of 2 years) who looks like a man [22 F]?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Am I [28 M] crazy, or did I marry a girl (of 2 years) who looks like a man [22 F]?

is the question literally just "does my wife look like a dude" or did he think she was a dude when he married her and is just figuring out she isn't now, two years later, because wow

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

loquacius posted:

is the question literally just "does my wife look like a dude" or did he think she was a dude when he married her and is just figuring out she isn't now, two years later, because wow

More like "I'm slowly realizing my wife looks like a dude and it's bothering me." I'll grab the text:

quote:

I married a girl who I thought was the one for me, but when often I look at her without makeup on she looks like a man.

I’m so confused what to do.

I’m a confident guy with a lot of ambition, I’ve dated lots of pretty girls in the past despite my lack of good looks. I’m not ugly, but I’m just okay.

But I feel like I settled.

We dated on and off again for a couple years. We began as friends, I was not physically attracted to her but she was persistent and was really in to me and I ate it all up. Ever since we started dating, I went back and forth on whether or not I should break up with her. She pushed to get engaged and get married I went forward with it despite many warning signs to get out.

I convinced myself she had so many other good qualities, it would be unfair of me to not marry her just because she wasn't my ideal physical type.

I feel stupid for marrying her, and often wish I could undo it.

The problem is I'm physically attracted to her some of the time, and disgusted by her other times. After we got married she pointed out all of her flaws to me and sank into depression and I started noticing her flaws more and more.

*She belches (burps) so loud it's frightening. Like there's a 300 lb sumo wrestler living inside of her.

*She has shoulders broader than mine. She can pin me down in wrestling or beat me up if we were to get into a fist fight.

*She's the big spoon at night, making me feel like I’m not cuddling with a woman at all.

*Several times she's been told she has very masculine features and it bothers her, but she knows it's true and is constantly asking me what I think. I always lie and tell her she looks fine and should accept herself as she is (I’m trying to).

*She gains muscle faster than anyone I know. She makes me look like a dweeb when we go to the gym together.

*When she puts her hair up, her huge jaw juts out & it’s hard to remember how in the world I married this girl.

*When I give her a back massage it’s like I’m massaging a football player.

*When we hang out with her friends it’s quite obvious they are all so pretty and she looks unfeminine compared to them.

She’s not fat, she's probably 15 lbs overweight, but she looks like she could weigh about 100lbs more than she actually does because her arms and face are fat.

*She is constantly calling herself fat and ugly and edits her photos to make herself look more feminine.
——————————
It’s so hard to see the positive after being married for 2 years.

When she gets dressed up in a nice form fitting dress & puts on makeup, I’m super attracted to her, and she looks terrific. I can only think of positive things. I think this is how I saw her while we were dating most the time.

I'm into really skinny girls, so I'm confused why I went for her. It must be something wired wrong in my brain.

She is super fun and funny and super loving. We know how to have a great time together and we love each other, but I know there is a missing piece.

We fight a lot & haven’t quite learned how to live with each other, and I know as crappy as this may come off, I feel like if she were prettier, our relationship would be a lot better.

When we dated I thought this was silly and funny about our relationship, but now it's so bothersome to me I think about it every day.

I’ve tried to ignore this time and time again. I’ve gone through therapy for it. I’m at a loss of what to do. I always have this itch in the back of my mind like I need a woman who makes me feel like a man.

How in the world did I even marry this girl? Is there something wrong with me? What should I do?

Thank you for your help

tl;dr: My wife looks and acts like a man a lot of the time. I feel like I never should have married her. Am I going to live life regretting being in an unsatisfying relationship?

Theokotos
Jan 22, 2015

Fallen Rib
E: ^^clarified

Theokotos fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Nov 30, 2016

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
i am deeply, deeeeeeply insecure. please send me the stepford catalogue. actually, please just put a bra on a (very skinny) cantaloupe. my wife burps and it makes my peepee scared. tia

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

One of my friends confided to me a sense of alarm that there are so many breeders in this town. It was the first time I had heard the term "breeders" used that way outside of threads like this so I was seriously dumbfounded for a minute. They got worried they had offended me and I didn't really know how to explain that, while I'm not planning to have kids, using a word like "breeders" derogatorily really makes you sound like a hateful crazy person.

Oh, I guess I just figured out how to explain it.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

Tender Bender posted:

There's a similar one a few months ago from a husband's perspective where he fell in love with his young beautiful coworker and she moved away with her boyfriend and he had an emotional breakdown and talked about how he is crying every day while his wife comforts him. It was the most pathetic thing I've ever seen.

Found it:

I [34 M, married] fell in love with a close friend and coworker [23 F] and now she is moving away with her boyfriend and I will probably never see her again as our friendship fades to memories…

Holy poo poo it just keeps going on and on. And then he post this as the cherry on his poo poo sundae:

quote:

Thanks for being one of the more reasonable responses here. There are 28 responses describing what a horrible person I am. Not that I necessarily disagree with the sentiment, but after a while it gets old. There are other details to this entire story that I have left out which helps explain some of the emotion (a recent death in the family for one). My wife and I have had problems for longer than the time I knew Emily although I can see how my original post didn't really make that clear. For now, I am staying. My wife and I have spent the last few days having long conversations about a lot of things. We are working on "us". I think it is interesting that an emotional affair seems to be an unpardonable sin here from which a marriage just cannot recover. Who knows how things will be long term but I am willing to give it a shot. As of now I'm not sure if I will have anymore contact with Emily. I'd like to be a friend to her but I feel eventually we will just drift apart. I imagine she will get married someday and us staying in contact will just grow more and more awkward for everyone involved. I've never been in this situation before but I now believe the old cliche; that men and women really can't be friends.

I'm pretty sure this guy is the main character in some lovely indie movie.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
I hate my buff, butch wife

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Gaunab posted:

"i never saw this hot young piece of rear end as a friend. i guess men and women really can't be friends. *song by the mountain goats*"

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

HardDiskD posted:

she says he owns the house but it's more likely that it's mortgaged, especially if SO brought a roomie in the house to defer costs. in that case she's helping pay the mortgage, which is functionally the same as paying rent to a landlord except she's helping build her SO's equity. if you're a finance nerd this could be considered exploitative but then again paying $300 a month for a residence is a great loving deal

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

I didn't think Michael Cera could be any less likable until I saw him in Wes Anderson's new film about Reddit.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

boner confessor posted:

she says he owns the house but it's more likely that it's mortgaged, especially if SO brought a roomie in the house to defer costs. in that case she's helping pay the mortgage, which is functionally the same as paying rent to a landlord except she's helping build her SO's equity. if you're a finance nerd this could be considered exploitative but then again paying $300 a month for a residence is a great loving deal

If your actual landlord is still paying off their mortgage on your building, are they exploiting you by charging you rent?

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

*She belches (burps) so loud it's frightening. Like there's a 300 lb sumo wrestler living inside of her.

*She has shoulders broader than mine. She can pin me down in wrestling or beat me up if we were to get into a fist fight.

*She's the big spoon at night, making me feel like I’m not cuddling with a woman at all.

*Several times she's been told she has very masculine features and it bothers her, but she knows it's true and is constantly asking me what I think. I always lie and tell her she looks fine and should accept herself as she is (I’m trying to).

*She gains muscle faster than anyone I know. She makes me look like a dweeb when we go to the gym together.

*When she puts her hair up, her huge jaw juts out & it’s hard to remember how in the world I married this girl.

*When we hang out with her friends it’s quite obvious they are all so pretty and she looks unfeminine compared to them.

She’s not fat, she's probably 15 lbs overweight, but she looks like she could weigh about 100lbs more than she actually does because her arms and face are fat.

*She is constantly calling herself fat and ugly and edits her photos to make herself look more feminine.

text me

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

loquacius posted:

If your actual landlord is still paying off their mortgage on your building, are they exploiting you by charging you rent?

not unless you're nailing the landlord and didn't sign a lease. like it's a little weird financially to be contributing money to someone else's net worth in a non-business relationship but then again if you dont like it you can move somewhere else because a token rent payment to your boyfriend/landlord is a hell of a lot better than actually paying rent at market rates

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

100 degrees Calcium posted:

One of my friends confided to me a sense of alarm that there are so many breeders in this town. It was the first time I had heard the term "breeders" used that way outside of threads like this so I was seriously dumbfounded for a minute. They got worried they had offended me and I didn't really know how to explain that, while I'm not planning to have kids, using a word like "breeders" derogatorily really makes you sound like a hateful crazy person.

Oh, I guess I just figured out how to explain it.

"How dare people ensure society will continue existing after I die!" is a hell of an ego trip.

boner confessor posted:

not unless you're nailing the landlord and didn't sign a lease. like it's a little weird financially to be contributing money to someone else's net worth but then again if you dont like it you can move somewhere else because a token rent payment to your boyfriend/landlord is a hell of a lot better than actually paying rent at market rates

Why is it weird? Just because he owns the place?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
if this young 20-something's vagina is going to get further and further away from my dongle... then what is even... the point... of the very deep and meaningful and more than just about sex relationship that we had.... *curls up in his wife's arms* huh bluh bluh buhuhuhuhhhhhhh

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc

Gaunab posted:

Holy poo poo it just keeps going on and on. And then he post this as the cherry on his poo poo sundae:

I think I loving hate this guy tbh.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

This dude has no idea how lucky he is. :swoon:

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post
Can we bring back bunny boiler as a slang for crazy person, because this chick sounds like a straight up bunny boiler.

quote:

Me (30F) with my coworker (30M). I found his wife (28F) in my house with my husband (35M).

I want to apologize in advance for any disorganization in this post. My head is in a cloud right now and I haven't gotten a good nights sleep in two days.
I'll try to explain it as best I can.

I work in an office with David, my colleague. David was a nice guy, we always made small talk and when we worked on group projects he was easily the person who made it enjoyable even if it was really dull. David has a wife, Alexandra. While we work in a pretty middle income bracket type of job, Alexandra works in the beauty industry. She has modeled and done other things with makeup and rakes in a lot of money. David has mentioned before that she has often mentioned he should just quit or work from home. But he likes his job so he continues doing it.

Apparently all the guys loved Alexandra. She's thin and beautiful and funny, and I was really looking forward to meeting her. When I did meet her though, it wasn't the best time. I was stressing over some reports we had due at the end of the day and I didn't get to really properly say hi. I basically had rushed into David's office to get a copy of something and was caught up in talking to him about the project and I didn't notice she was off to the side by his window. She said "Hello." kind of loudly and irritated. I said "Sorry! I didn't see you there!" And she just raised her eyebrows at me. When I saw her again I greeted her warmly and said I was so sorry I didn't get to talk to her the first time, but she just responded to me in a cool tone. I felt badly but at the same time I didn't understand why she would take it so personally. I let it go.
While the guys like her, I learned that some of the girls do not. Its unclear what exactly the deciding factor is for her not liking them. She apparently doesn't like certain people talking to David, but others are okay and she will go out to drinks with them and they are close friends.
Of the girls who are dislike by her, three of them have said she has actively done things to make them feel hurt or uncomfortable. This includes backtalking, glares, laughing when they walk out of a room, etc. Alexandra at some point did a collaboration with a makeup company and "designed" a lipstick and named it "Homewrecker Heidi" (*not her actual name). One of the girls she doesn't like is named Heidi. She made a point to bring the lipstick to one of her friends in the office as a "gift" and made sure to say the name out loud and laugh.
As a result, the unliked girls stay away from David and the liked girls sort of police the other ones because they get free makeup and stuff for being friends with her. By police, I mean they give us "advice" like no to flirt with David even though all we're doing is talking to him.
Long story short, I didn't think this was appropriate or healthy and brought it to our boss. I explained everything about the situation and how some girls feel uncomfortable, and how we should be able to speak freely to each other.

As a result there was a mandatory meeting about separating work and personal life and how workplace harassment among employees is not tolerated.
It got back to Alexandra obviously. I overheard that she and David fought and she accused me of being a homewrecker, that I was trying to get between them, that I should have come to her and faced her "like a real woman" instead of "taking the bitch route and being a tattle tale". I've never let anyone bully me an so I ignored her and continued to be friendly to David as I do with everyone else.
A few weeks ago our project group was sent to a conference out of state for 3 days. Alexandra did not want David to go because we were in the same group. She told him that they were making more than enough money and he should just quit and "relax at home". I only know all of this because David came in to work looking very tired so I asked if he was ok. She was upset we would be staying in the same hotel and said I was probably jumping at the opportunity for us to get drunk and have sex. Nevermind that I am married and don't see David at all in that way.

I tried to counsel him and tell him that it wasnt healthy for her to control him like that. I encouraged him to work in what he loves and to try and get her to see that she had nothing to worry about. He ended up going with us to the conference. She was furious and made a point to drive past our office at the same time I would be getting done and flipped me off the day before we left.
Fast forward to now. Two days ago I walked into my house and I heard a female voice coming from our downstairs bar area. I walked down and saw Alexandra leaning against the bar and my husband was mixing something in the blender (found out they were just protein shakes). They were in workout gear and her duffel bag was on the floor next to them. I was obviously dumbfounded. It turns out she started going to his gym three weeks ago, same time the trip was happening. My husband had no idea what she looked like when I talked about the work situation. They became workout "friends". I told her to go outside and my husband was looking all confused and I said "THAT'S Alexandra". She had just told him her name was "Lexi".
I got to the driveway and shes just standing there with her arms crossed and a weird smirk. I tell her to never come near my family, to stop whatever she thinks shes doing, that I will get a restraining order if I have to. She says "Dont worry, I wont come by again. But it hurt right? When you saw me standing there with him? So maybe now you know how it feels. If you don't like me being friends with your man, stay away from mine." WTF? I just said that she was seriously crazy and I would not hesitate to call the police if she pulled some psycho poo poo like this again.

My husband and I had a huge row over it since this, me questioning him and his intentions by bringing this woman to our house. He swears it was innocent, that he was just talking about the protein he uses and wanted to make her a shake so she could try it before buying. Said if he were going to cheat he wouldnt have some girl over our house knowing when I get done work. He apologized over and over and said he didnt know it was her. I dont know how to feel about him right now, my heart and head is a mess.
I don't know what to do so I came here for advice. Has anyone dealt with someone like this? I called in sick the last two days. I couldn;t face work or seeing David and feeling like I had to dodge him. I don't know how to deal with this. Do I talk to my boss? Is there anything he can even do? Talk to David? A friend told me this is a personal issue and the incidents happen outside of work so its out of their hands probably but I dont know.

Advice and help are very welcome..
tl;dr: Colleague's wife doesn't like me, found the gym my husband goes to, befriends him, comes over my house with him all in order to "teach me a lesson" about being friendly with her husband at work.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

La Brea Carpet posted:

Can we bring back bunny boiler as a slang for crazy person, because this chick sounds like a straight up bunny boiler.

If I was OP I would probably back off tbh just out of self preservation.

Syncopated fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Nov 30, 2016

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

54 40 or gently caress posted:

I don't know about anyone else but one of the reasons I'm super pumped to have a kid is I'm at an age (late 20s) where I don't really care about getting fists for Christmas and such any more.

:stonk:

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

La Brea Carpet posted:

Which one? The OP is loving freaking out over extremely minor poo poo and creating drama where there was none.

Like, all crazy lady did was be rude and get invited into her house, I'm not seeing the reason to freak out and not be able to go to work and want a restraining order.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
the child wont save you

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
It's not normal to bring a workout buddy you just met to your house.

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post

WampaLord posted:

Which one? The OP is loving freaking out over extremely minor poo poo and creating drama where there was none.

Like, all crazy lady did was be rude and get invited into her house, I'm not seeing the reason to freak out and not be able to go to work and want a restraining order.

OP sounds like a whiny ninny, but the other woman made up a fake name to befriend her husband at the gym as a revenge plot. One of those red flags is bigger than the other.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Nah dude, that gym stalker lady, if this story is real, is an absolute bunny-boiler. There are women like that, stay the gently caress away from them, they are incredibly dangerous. They're the kind of people who murder their kids during divorces and stuff.

It has nothing to do with the lady at work per se, it's all about her obsession with absolute control over her husband. And not in some sort of dominatrix way, in a Ted Bundy kind of way.

Pick fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Nov 30, 2016

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

La Brea Carpet posted:

OP sounds like a whiny ninny, but the other woman made up a fake name to befriend her husband at the gym as a revenge plot. One of those red flags is bigger than the other.

Lexi is a shortened version of Alexandra.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Leon Einstein posted:

It's not normal to bring a workout buddy you just met to your house.

I will admit the husband seems super naive and gullible to do this, but also the supposed bunny boiler didn't gently caress him or anything so why the freak out?

Pick posted:

Nah dude, that gym stalker lady, if this story is real, is an absolute bunny-boiler. There are women like that, stay the gently caress away from them, they are incredibly dangerous. They're the kind of people who murder their kids during divorces and stuff.

I dunno, I think she's just Mean Girls evil, not Fatal Attraction evil.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

La Brea Carpet posted:

quote:

My husband and I had a huge row over it since this, me questioning him and his intentions by bringing this woman to our house. He swears it was innocent, that he was just talking about the protein he uses and wanted to make her a shake so she could try it before buying. Said if he were going to cheat he wouldnt have some girl over our house knowing when I get done work. He apologized over and over and said he didnt know it was her. I dont know how to feel about him right now, my heart and head is a mess.

:raise:

Radical and BADical!
Jun 27, 2010

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe

Pick posted:

every single wall and shelf is packed with nothing but taxidermy and designer shoes, and there's nothing to eat but raw stew meat and crispix

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

:slick: :slick: :slick: :slick:
I (33f) am a "bigger" (I say fat) woman. For the most part I am ok with this, but at Thanksgiving my sisters (20s-30s) had my nieces (4-6) put on a "skit" where four of them were in my pants. I am extremely hurt by this and am sick of being told to "get over it."

quote:

To get it out of the way, I'm fat. I like the term because it is what I am. I am not here to debate why I'm fat, whether or not it's healthy (research would surprise you by the way) or what I should do about it. As you can tell from the title, I am big, in fact the picture of four little kids fitting into two legs of my pants should give you the idea. Ok enough of that disclaimer.

This past week was the first thanksgiving where all three of the sisters have been together. I am recently divorced and my older and younger sister are still happily married with two kids each. I have PCOS and will probably never be able to have kids. I've taken to doting on my four nieces because I love all of them to pieces. They are all adorable and sweet.

After the dinner, I could hear my sisters and the four nieces giggling in the room I was sleeping in. They called out that they had a little "skit" for me and to sit down in the living room. The four nieces came out with two of them in each of my pant legs. Of course they were having trouble walking and they, my two brothers in law, my sisters, my cousin and her husband and a couple I didn't know from BIL's work thought it was the most hysterical thing ever.

I DEEPLY offended and told my sisters that I didn't think this was funny, it was an invasion of my privacy and it was deeply insulting. My older sister used the same tone I've heard from her my entire life and said "oh Janet, just get over it all already." Which caused me to storm the bedroom pack up my things and head for home.

On the way there, I got a call from my younger sister telling me that I overreacted and "hurt the girl's feelings." I was a little aghast because, while the nieces feelings may have been hurt, my reaction was appropriate and whoever put them up to this actually was the one that hurt their feelings. My sister then told me how I was always so dramatic and my lack of humor is why we never do stuff as a family (I had found out earlier in the week that my sisters have been ski vacationing with each other for several years and have never invited me).

As if that was not enough, one of them apparently called our mother who called me on Friday and told me that I needed to apologize to "her granddaughters for overreacting." So I hung up on her as well.

We are coming up on a week since the incident and I still fell like my reaction was justified. I had pretty much let it go until I just got a text from my older sister asking if "are you over it yet? can we talk."

r/relationships I'm having a hard enough time with my divorce (my weight was a big contribution to him leaving as well) and while I am ok with my weight, I am not at all OK with being the butt of the joke at the expense of my "conventionally attractive" sisters. Since it seems clear they have no idea what they did was so wrong, do I just let this slip and not expect an apology or should I demand an apology from both sisters and now my mother?

tl;dr: My four young nieces staged a skit where they all crawled in my pants (two in each leg) which deeply offended me. My sisters and mother have told me to get over it and even suggested that I need to apologize to my nieces. I don't want to and I'm curious about any advice on how to proceed from here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

WAY TO GO WAMPA!! posted:

I (33f) am a "bigger" (I say fat) woman. For the most part I am ok with this, but at Thanksgiving my sisters (20s-30s) had my nieces (4-6) put on a "skit" where four of them were in my pants. I am extremely hurt by this and am sick of being told to "get over it."

quote:

I am not here to debate why I'm fat, whether or not it's healthy (research would surprise you by the way)

I'm dying with curiosity to see this supposed research.