Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
Getting back into the game, played a bunch of Source but I haven't touched CS since. Still a ton of fun but I suck, especially with the AK for some reason. Can't hit the broadside of a barn with it, I guess I need to practice more :shobon:.

Is there any reason to leave voice chat activated when you are playing ranked with pubbies? I haven't met a single other player who spoke English (literally, not exaggerated :( ) and I honestly can't take listening to any more 12 year old Russians.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Demostrs
Mar 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Popelmon posted:

Getting back into the game, played a bunch of Source but I haven't touched CS since. Still a ton of fun but I suck, especially with the AK for some reason. Can't hit the broadside of a barn with it, I guess I need to practice more :shobon:.

Is there any reason to leave voice chat activated when you are playing ranked with pubbies? I haven't met a single other player who spoke English (literally, not exaggerated :( ) and I honestly can't take listening to any more 12 year old Russians.

Сука Блять

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

gently caress your purist bullshit, I want those purple gloves

Lars
Jul 6, 2004

Better Lucky Than Good.
(since 1994)

Popelmon posted:

Nope, not a single good reason. People spew all kinds of poo poo, Cyka and random soundbites -- If you play on EU, feel free to add me. I need some MM buddies, who also suffer from AK-broadside-syndrome.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
i want pink/purple skins in all slots.

Winkle-Daddy
Mar 10, 2007

widespread posted:

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > Fashion Strike: Global Expose or whatever

mods?

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
Couture Stike: Gloval Offensive

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

widespread posted:

Call me slow but WHY THE gently caress ARE THERE HAND SKINS NOW.

First weapon skins, then knife skins, and now hand skins. Like... loving what. It's Fashion Strike: Global Expose or whatever works because loving JESUS. GLOVES BEING THE NEW KNIVES.

And those shits ain't even Versace, to make matters worse.

Prime is probably reducing the number of hackers who get banned and rebuy so Valve is looking for more money.

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007

Jeza posted:

Couture Stike: Gloval Offensive

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin

Lars posted:

Nope, not a single good reason. People spew all kinds of poo poo, Cyka and random soundbites -- If you play on EU, feel free to add me. I need some MM buddies, who also suffer from AK-broadside-syndrome.

Yeah I'm on EU. I can't find your name anywhere so feel free to add me, my name on Steam is Popelmon.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Gucci

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

didn't we know about the possibility of gloves a long time ago? wasn't there a code change or something that someone found in one of the updates?

I'm also wondering if they released the gloves early because graffiti isn't as profitable as they would have liked.

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

Winkle-Daddy posted:

Thanks goons who played with me tonight! :) I had fun even though I place our loss on two or three exceptionally stupid things I did. Sorry. In my defense I'm bad.

This game is so much better once you never solo queue.

E: I was Jeff Goldblum.

Hey hey, I did some stupid poo poo too, don't leave me out of this! :v: For reals tho, had a blast last night, saw myself slowly improve over the couple games I did, and I'm now reasonably sure about the Mirage call outs. 10/10, would MM with goons again.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

ArmZ posted:

didn't we know about the possibility of gloves a long time ago? wasn't there a code change or something that someone found in one of the updates?

I'm also wondering if they released the gloves early because graffiti isn't as profitable as they would have liked.

backend stuff for gloves was spotted in the code back in jan iirc

xsf421
Feb 17, 2011

Bohemian Nights posted:

backend stuff for gloves was spotted in the code back in jan iirc

Yeah, starladder has been using team logo gloves for their tournaments all year.

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe

NuclearPotato posted:

Hey hey, I did some stupid poo poo too, don't leave me out of this! :v: For reals tho, had a blast last night, saw myself slowly improve over the couple games I did, and I'm now reasonably sure about the Mirage call outs. 10/10, would MM with goons again.

Yeah, you did fine. Think one of the biggest issues that I saw was crosshair placement as mentioned by schlurps/Famethrowa. Apps and Kitchen

xsf421 posted:

Yeah, starladder has been using team logo gloves for their tournaments all year.

THIS! is what I wanted in gloves. Either specific teams like NIP, Liquid, C9 etc. Or if you could make 'custom' type gloves so you could do team or steam group type things.

sterster fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Nov 30, 2016

Opal
May 10, 2005

some by their splendor rival the colors of the painters, others the flame of burning sulphur or of fire quickened by oil.
It will happen, guaranteed. Just wait

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
personally i preferred it when valve was rebalancing the guns and adding new skins for whatever gun they buffed that week

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

https://www.twitch.tv/eleaguetv

I don't know why but I really want to eat a snickers right now

Winkle-Daddy
Mar 10, 2007

sterster posted:

Yeah, you did fine. Think one of the biggest issues that I saw was crosshair placement as mentioned by schlurps/Famethrowa. Apps and Kitchen

THIS! is what I wanted in gloves. Either specific teams like NIP, Liquid, C9 etc. Or if you could make 'custom' type gloves so you could do team or steam group type things.

Any suggestions for my gameplay? I think I've burned the following two lessons into my brain:

- Don't fumble around with grenades like a retard when you need to be ready to trade. Doubly so if sans bind for the nade I want.

- DON'T WALK TOWARD AWPERS YOU MORON!!

if there are more take always I should bring to my next game I'm all ears.

Tyia

Winkle-Daddy fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Nov 30, 2016

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe

Winkle-Daddy posted:

Any suggestions for my gameplay? I think I've burned the following two lessons into my brain:

- Don't fumble around with grenades like a retard when you need to be ready to trade. Doubly so if sans bind for the nade I want.

- DON'T WALK TOWARD AWPERS YOU MORON!!

if there are more take always I should bring to my next game I'm all ears.

Tyia

Ugh... Don't know were you winkle-daddy in game? I guess I could go back and look at demos and try to get back to you. When did we play/what maps?

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

Lower your sens

Winkle-Daddy
Mar 10, 2007
I was Jeff Goldblum

e: I just played the one game on Dust 2...not sure if you were in that one or if you took my place when I left.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Winkle-Daddy posted:

I was Jeff Goldblum

e: I just played the one game on Dust 2...not sure if you were in that one or if you took my place when I left.

stop looking at the ground (I was not playing, nor have i seen a demo), keep your crosshair trained on where the enemy is most likely to come from, no, seriously, stop looking at the loving ground.

Winkle-Daddy
Mar 10, 2007
Here is my awful demo so anyone can give me suggestions -- I would be grateful to anyone who spends some time telling me how to improve! steam://rungame/730/76561202255233023/+csgo_download_match%20CSGO-wdRn7-du5Qd-7cS6C-CMW2k-5XEyB

I'm Jeff Goldblum - I'm a scrub SE who seems to have alright aim and near zero game sense.

sleppy
Dec 25, 2008

Winkle-Daddy posted:

I'm Jeff Goldblum

Winkle-Daddy posted:

I was Jeff Goldblum

Winkle-Daddy posted:

I was Jeff Goldblum.

Are you Jeff Goldblum?

Winkle-Daddy
Mar 10, 2007
no...but people kept asking.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

MF_James posted:

stop looking at the ground (I was not playing, nor have i seen a demo), keep your crosshair trained on where the enemy is most likely to come from, no, seriously, stop looking at the loving ground.

I actively have to make myself raise the crosshair above where I hold it naturally centered and level because this game was made by chimpanzees and that's where heads are.

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend
:siren: Magiskboy got two kills against SK with the SG553 :siren:

edit: REBOUGHT IT

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
:gizz: Bohemian Nights right now :gizz:

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

mcvey posted:

Lower your sens

"that was $1000 worth of nades you just wasted"

#mcveyisms

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

Macnult posted:

"that was $1000 worth of nades you just wasted"

#mcveyisms

I'm so triggered right now

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

Evil Red Wings Owner Wario Lemieux Steals Stanley Cup

Tevery Best posted:

:siren: Magiskboy got two kills against SK with the SG553 :siren:

edit: REBOUGHT IT

he's putting in work with that rifle

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

https://twitter.com/maikelele/status/804008939083927552

:pcgaming:

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

mcvey posted:

It rings in my ears whenever I get instagibbed or caught with a nade out

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Comeback is real :denmark:

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

Smol posted:

Comeback is real :denmark:

WHAT UP NOW BRAZILIANS

WOOOOOOOOO

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

metallicaeg posted:

WHAT UP NOW BRAZILIANS

WOOOOOOOOO

:smug:

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

What a throw

mcvey posted:

2 v 1 dig retake, 14:13 dig, both have low health, 7 nades (~$2k) between them, they both die peeking before throwing any of them

I was screaming

AND they were too broke to fully buy on the last round

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

Get Right rocking that Semmler stache