Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BYOB K
Feb 25, 2016

:bravo:

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

does an alert go out in the greenie channel when someone in the thread points out that derek is the same full of poo poo, petty manbaby today that he was back on usenet?

D1E posted:

We already won when he put us on ignore.

Never stop posting guys, unlike the greenies, I find your posts loving hilarious.
:downsbravo: :five: :downsbravo:

Dogged Tax:

BYOB K fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Dec 1, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VealCutlet
Dec 21, 2015

I am a marketing god, shave that shit
I watched an interesting doco on Scientology yesterday, was pretty interesting to see some of the similarities between cults.

Namely how the backers are in an abusive situation yet they keep handing over money. Can't help the indoctrinated sometimes.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Sarsapariller posted:

Choc Chipizen Employees Speak Out on Project Woes

These are very good. I think even matching powder is enjoying these posts.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Chris Roberts keeps on doing the impossible, he just released a FPS on the cryengine. I wonder what he will do next.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

D_Shart posted:

How is it an illusion? Releasing Star Marine is tangible progress in any sense of the word. You people make 0 sense.

lol have they released star marine or not?

VealCutlet
Dec 21, 2015

D_Shart posted:

And the worst of the bunch

Where the gently caress is Major Tom.

This loving idiot who keeps reporting the same bugs (alpha fucknut) again and again as if this owns CIG in any way shape or form is just loving priceless. I dont think hes hacking as its an alpha but the gimmick is tired and old and no one gives a poo poo. Give it a rest before CIG finds your account and you get locked out of SC. But itd probably be a blessing. You betrayed the trust CIG showed in you giving you a license to their alpha. You are demonstrably trying to destroy the game after thy trusted you with their proprieary program.

Theres a special place where you are going if you do not apologize to me (symbolic backer) and more importantly to CIG.

Hahahaha this fuckwit is out of control, top quality posting sir!

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

D_Shart posted:

Theres a special place where you are going if you do not apologize to me (symbolic backer) and more importantly to CIG.

a great gimmick but going after major tom is like trying to snatch fire from the gods, he is untouchable

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

D_Shart posted:

Alright im done for now. My goal is to help correct some of the more blatant untruths here. Having a skeptical outlook is fine but many of you take it way too far.

Thank you D_Shart. I feel put in my place and humbled by your sudden and imposing visage.

I look forward to your future posts on this topic of the Atari game Star Citizen which will definitely save Apple gaming from irrelevance. Please continue, friend.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

EmesiS posted:

I don't think balls will be enough this time. Show us the shaft.

You drat right.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Tippis posted:

It's all a matter of best for whom. Just think how much extra cash Amazon will be able to charge them for all that bouncing around — it'll be great.

Yeah, I wonder how many "game servers" that handles 16-24 people can fit on single VM. The pricing and overall logistics of this way of doing business boggles my mind. Cloud stuff definitely ain't cheap.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Sandweed posted:

Chris Roberts keeps on doing the impossible, he just released a FPS on the cryengine. I wonder what he will do next.

Cripes I don't know! The wunder kid still has it!

VealCutlet
Dec 21, 2015

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

Schrodinger's Marine

:golfclap:

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

peter gabriel posted:

What CIG cunningly do is say the 2.whatever will launch and then when it finally does plop out of their rear end 5 months late it has a fraction of the promised stuff, this bamboozles the simple minded backer time after time somehow and this produces comedy from the MoMMAs of the world who, 5 months late and a barebones patch later declare SEE I TOLD YOU :smug:

The only remarkable thing in all that is that it happens again and again and the backers swallow it time after time without question

So pretty much this. Every. Time.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Raskolnikov posted:

Only 60 more pages until nothing happens. Thread development mirrors CIG's.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Gradis posted:

do you strut about in a bow tie and fancy belt at hen nights?

edit: good catte tax

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_P7yWnAAd0&t=12s

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Raskolnikov posted:

These are very good. I think even matching powder is enjoying these posts.

TY, his opinion is of paramount importance to me.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

D_Shart posted:

Stuff cant be finished by a dev in the morning and be put in the build in the afternoon. Thats nuts. You save up these accumulated work and improvements over time until you have enough for a "patch".

Basic game dev im sorry but people seem to not understand.

The sense of sight is the easiest to decieve. So easy in fact that your mind does it on its own quite frequently. It's also how magicians like Croberts manages to steal people's money constantly.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Now post a link to non gif footage lol

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Daztek posted:

Now post a link to non gif footage lol

I stole it from reddit. Go get your own link = )

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

:vince:

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

What the gently caress :laffo:

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

D_Smart posted:

:vince:

Dang, cucked again!

VealCutlet
Dec 21, 2015

I thought it was part of the universe but it's a separate game mode?

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

VealCutlet posted:

Both of those are "games within games" which is why the Star Marine logo does a 1990s animation when you click on it to let you know it was developed by a videogame company.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Doom three is looking good! But that frame rate / head bob makes me sick.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Since when did they start releasing games like Gears of War 1 in a standard definition rollback release?

just kidding Gears 1 had 5v5 and actually worked and didn't look that bad ten years ago.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I'm a big fan of how the gun disappears and reappears.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

VealCutlet posted:

Arena Commander and StarMarine are actually sims within a sim. They're playable, arcade game modes within the PU. Right now, they're used as testbeds. The plan is to have them as "arcade type" games to play 'in-verse.'

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!
Before Smart responds that they're from the offline game hack: there are other players in that map with the names blacked out. Can't get that offline.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Wow they upped the framerate! 3 whole frames!

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Well now that cig managed a (buggy as hell) fps in a fps specific engine all that's left for me is to eat crow. I'm going to need a murder of crows for this.

I'm truely in awe. Keep doing what you're doing cig.

EmesiS
Feb 5, 2016

Fat Shat Sings posted:

Any lurkers or people that feel they need to read every post in this thread for whatever reason can probably skip ahead until the holiday livestream in december. When the bottom of the comedy barrel is having things like the D_Shart gimmick plucked out with tweezers it's probably a good time to take a break.

As the offending lurker I do not understand. SurfaceD's genitals are always funny and this thread is never not good.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

Wow they upped the framerate! 3 whole frames!

I just like that in order to get it working, some coding is required at the consumer end. :D

Also, loving CIG still have no idea what goes into their oversized patches, or at the very least assume no one outside of CIG is able to "games develop", it makes me wonder if they actually value their own work at all. I wonder if they've just put the entirety of their 'development' into each patch and are hoping the backers fix their poo poo.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

why do the backers not constantly go, "that's nice (lmao), but where is the game I pledged for?" when seeing star marine updates? Or do they?

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

D_Shart posted:

And the worst of the bunch

Where the gently caress is Major Tom.

This loving idiot who keeps reporting the same bugs (alpha fucknut) again and again as if this owns CIG in any way shape or form is just loving priceless. I dont think hes hacking as its an alpha but the gimmick is tired and old and no one gives a poo poo. Give it a rest before CIG finds your account and you get locked out of SC. But itd probably be a blessing. You betrayed the trust CIG showed in you giving you a license to their alpha. You are demonstrably trying to destroy the game after thy trusted you with their proprieary program.

It appears there has been an escape from the :reddit: brown sea...

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
MoMA's time to shine.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

thatguy posted:

I give Toast permission to be :smug: as gently caress for at least the next three pages.
I'm extending this for another three pages.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
lol its worse than I could've imagined

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

I don't think I will play the boring shooter game.

• Locked thread