Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Stymie posted:

There are people of many faiths who are assholes, but atheists tend to be assholes.

rear end in a top hat chat :goatsecx:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

lmao

once you factor in manufacturing, distributing, payola for good in-store placement, buying back unsold inventory etc etc. but you're right they could do a lot better by not having their editors be in nyc.

everyone worthy anything deserves to live in cum fart, oklakansas

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

it's cool and even good to mock the extremely rich and powerful, even if they are dead.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Puppy Galaxy posted:

it's cool and even good to mock the extremely rich and powerful, even if they are dead.

especially the ones who think that different rules apply to them because of their success in specific areas, for example being able to use fruit to cure cancer because they made a good phone. that poo poo is funny.

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

especially the ones who think that different rules apply to them because of their success in specific areas, for example being able to use fruit to cure cancer because they made a good phone. that poo poo is funny.

Not really, no. It's a reality that people, when confronted with difficult decisions (particularly those regarding their health), will make the choices that are easiest or will result in the highest quality of life even if it means a nominally shorter life span. Not everyone can view everything through the cold lens of logic an Internet Atheist such as yourself possesses.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
stebe was a lifelong acid head and advocate, logical is not something i would ever put him down as

imaginative, sure, but not logical

thats how we got ibm and lee iacocca

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Stymie posted:

There are people of many faiths who are assholes, but atheists tend to be assholes.

ok but what are your thoughts on circumcision??

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER

akadajet posted:

rear end in a top hat chat :goatsecx:

someone paged me?

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Stymie posted:

Not really, no. It's a reality that people, when confronted with difficult decisions (particularly those regarding their health), will make the choices that are easiest or will result in the highest quality of life even if it means a nominally shorter life span. Not everyone can view everything through the cold lens of logic an Internet Atheist such as yourself possesses.

drat I guess we should just let people make extremely stupid decisions and also help make sure that the company shareholders are kept in the dark about them

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

drat I guess we should just let people make extremely stupid decisions and also help make sure that the company shareholders are kept in the dark about them

I, too, care deeply about shareholders over an individual's own life.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
if someone is going to be arrogant enough to juice cleanse instead of chemo, idgaf about his life because he doesn't either. his pride is more important.

and if you're an apple exec then regardless of whether you choose to support his idiotic life choices you have a duty to inform the shareholders in the filings.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

ugh shut the gently caress up I hope you all die of a curable cancer

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
apple's last CEO tried to cure his own cancer by butt chugging kale juice and the new one is 100% worse lmao

bone app the teeth
May 14, 2008

will someone please think of the poor shareholders!!!!

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

yes we should.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
itt apple fanboys try and cast failing to disclose the CEO of a gazillion dollar company using butt juice to cure cancer as defending the poor little guy's freedom

Steve Jobs was an idiot and a liar and his circle of friends/sycophants enabled him to be one

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
and because they did we now have the dongle CEO and lovely MacBooks

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

timb saw that ms, dell, and h-fukkin-p could out-design them and panicked lol

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
I have a HP work laptop. If you close it without shutting it down, it drains the battery while asleep within two hours and refuses to start back up until you remove and reinsert the battery. It's a real piece of poo poo.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

zen death robot posted:

but let's try to slap a watchos keyboard on this fucker to save it

the metaphor kind of falls apart here

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
because it's not longer a metaphor, just a literal statement about it

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Citizen Tayne posted:

I have a HP work laptop. If you close it without shutting it down, it drains the battery while asleep within two hours and refuses to start back up until you remove and reinsert the battery. It's a real piece of poo poo.

dude I don't think you have the right to dictate how a computer chooses to utilize its battery

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

bring back forestall and shove timmy back to pure logistics minus a half

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

just make hair force one the new ceo

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

actually it's totally cool to make fun of a dude who bought into his own hype so much he thought he could treat serious cancer with fruit, that poo poo is funny as hell imho

agreeing with this sexy poster username

Plorkyeran
Mar 22, 2007

To Escape The Shackles Of The Old Forums, We Must Reject The Tribal Negativity He Endorsed
even if you've decided to forego treatment in favor of having your final years suck a little less you should probably eat enoyable food rather than suffering through an all raw food diet

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Plorkyeran posted:

even if you've decided to forego treatment in favor of having your final years suck a little less you should probably eat enoyable food rather than suffering through an all raw food diet

especially if it's eaten via your anus

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

zen death robot posted:

the MacBooks resemble steves late stage cancer, too thin and have unnatural growths coming out in the form of dongles

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

my dads logic 7 that he bought like 10 years ago or something required a dongle to work. the dongle stopped working last year and he rang up the "help desk" and they were all like :shrug: and told him to buy a new logic for his old rear end 2007 MacBook Pro (the cool metal one with the good keyboard) which doesn't run anything now. so the "help desk" told him to buy a new computer and he laughed saying that he could record music just fine on his old piece of poo poo the day before it was just the lovely dongle that was busted and apple were all like "don't got no more dongles" [but we know that is bullshit now lol lmao :newlol:] so my dad was all like "I'll just get my son to download a copy illegally you mother fuckers" and ended the call then called me and said everything above and I was all like :newlol: anyway moral of the story is gently caress dongles :smugmrgw:

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Citizen Tayne posted:

I have one too and it does not suffer from this particular problem but it is bad in many ways.

I try to wake it from sleep by hitting the power button when it sleeps and does the pulsing light thing, but sometimes that turns it off and sometimes that wakes it up. seriously I can't figure it out. this should be the easiest thing.

also the battery saver mode display thing where the backlight dims is super bad. I have actually worked on the hardware that controls this and I turn it off on my own computer because I hate it. I don't know who decided this is a feature that should exist and decided that windows will just do it whenever it wants but it is bad and I hate it.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

we have dell tablet things at work, those lovely 11" things that run Windows 8.1 because my work is stupid. you have to press and hold that power button down all the time to wake that fucker up. it's a piece of poo poo trash. cheap though so why not buy a bunch to piss off your staff who you hate?

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

windows pcs are terrible, news at 11

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

so is Apple

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

my work laptop is a thinkpad and its great god bless

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

mishaq posted:

windows pcs are terrible, news at 11

actually,

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

they're good

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

my dads logic 7 that he bought like 10 years ago or something required a dongle to work. the dongle stopped working last year and he rang up the "help desk" and they were all like :shrug: and told him to buy a new logic for his old rear end 2007 MacBook Pro (the cool metal one with the good keyboard) which doesn't run anything now. so the "help desk" told him to buy a new computer and he laughed saying that he could record music just fine on his old piece of poo poo the day before it was just the lovely dongle that was busted and apple were all like "don't got no more dongles" [but we know that is bullshit now lol lmao :newlol:] so my dad was all like "I'll just get my son to download a copy illegally you mother fuckers" and ended the call then called me and said everything above and I was all like :newlol: anyway moral of the story is gently caress dongles :smugmrgw:

how do u download a dongle? (asking for a friend)

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
reminder that hp tried to sell an all-in-one with android.

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
i have an hp desktop at work and if i let it go to sleep then sometimes when i come back i have to press the power button to turn it back on, but it doesn't give you any cues that it's coming out of sleep.
and sometimes you have to hold the power button, but if it's coming out of sleep already then it'll just shut it down

it's a loving piece of poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

Wild EEPROM posted:

i have an hp desktop at work and if i let it go to sleep then sometimes when i come back i have to press the power button to turn it back on, but it doesn't give you any cues that it's coming out of sleep.
and sometimes you have to hold the power button, but if it's coming out of sleep already then it'll just shut it down

it's a loving piece of poo poo.

lol owned

• Locked thread