Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Do you like Alien 3 "Assembly Cut"?
Yes, Alien 3 "Assembly Cut" was tits.
No, Alien and Aliens are the only valid Alien films.
Nah gently caress you Alien 3 sucks in all its forms.
View Results

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Xenomrph posted:

I'll tone down the smileys - I can see how it can seem snarky or grating.

I can't help it if you're illiterate. Like others are telling you, put me on ignore if you consistently don't like my posts, rather than making GBS threads up the thread with your grudge.

lol you're literally the only one on that page bringing up putting people on ignore. Sorry you can' t deal with my posts the same way you deal with continuity that doesn't jive with your fandom. And it's not a grudge. I'm expressing my opinions on people's misconceptions of their supposed favorite movies. Like this poo poo right here

quote:

The quips work in Aliens because it emphasizes how hosed the characters are when the poo poo hits the fan, it's the contrast that shows that some of the characters are all talk.
In Resurrection you've got Whedon-quips coming out of Johner's mouth every time he talks... It undermines the tension because he's clearly untouchable and even he knows it.

is a garbage, personally skewed opinion. "Only the quips I like work, because [reasons]"

Hudson is non-stop quipping the moment he's introduced and doesn't stop all the way up til he gets pulled through the grate (OH YOU WANT SOME TOO), it's not the "quips" or the betrayal of tone that's the problem. It's the viewer who's confused when Resurrection doesn't have the same "tone" of the previous movies. This is pretty important, considering the thread topic we're in. Alien 3 "Assembly Cut" may be loving awesome, but Alien 3 "Theatrical Cut" is the true thematic sequel to Ridley's Alien, despite the negative reactions from fans at the time of its release and all the mental hurdles Alien fans need to jump through to make it fit in their head canon.

quote:

Edit-- 'Predator' has the same effect, when you've got Dutch's team thrashing the rebel camp, and then Hawkins gets offed and they try to keep up the facade, and then Blain bites it and they start to realize they aren't the biggest kids on the block anymore. Quippy works best as a contrast, not as a universal writing style.

"You are one ugly motherfucker."

ruddiger fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Dec 1, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Lmao jesus.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

ruddiger posted:

lol you're literally the one on that page bringing up putting people on ignore. Sorry you can' t deal with my posts the same way you deal with continuity that doesn't jive with your fandom. And it's not a grudge. I'm expressing my opinions on people's misconceptions of their supposed favorite movies. Like this poo poo right here

is a garbage, personally skewed opinion. "Only the quips I like work, because [reasons]"

Hudson is non-stop quipping the moment he's introduced and doesn't stop all the way up til he gets pulled through the grate (OH YOU WANT SOME TOO), it's not the "quips" or the betrayal of tone that's the problem. It's the viewer who's confused when Resurrection doesn't have the same "tone" of the previous movies. This is pretty important, considering the thread topic we're in. Alien 3 "Assembly Cut" may be loving awesome, but Alien 3 "Theatrical Cut" is the true thematic sequel to Ridley's Alien, despite the negative reactions from fans at the time of its release and all the mental hurdles Alien fans need to jump through to make it fit in their head canon.

"You are one ugly motherfucker."
That's an interesting opinion, thank you for sharing it. It's just as personally skewed as mine was, that's what makes it an opinion.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

Instead of talking about dumb things, let's talk about how this is one of the best shots in cinema history.

It's so good.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

ruddiger posted:

It's super weird that you're getting on Xeno for explaining his position.

It's fine if you disagree with them, but criticizing the fact that they even dare to back up their opinions is basically shutting off discussion altogether.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

GonSmithe posted:

Instead of talking about dumb things, let's talk about how this is one of the best shots in cinema history.

It's so good.

Cats are predators by nature, Jones sees the relationship between the alien and Harry Dean Stanton in that scene the same way he sees his own relationship with Ripley.

Also, that shot is thematically similar to this guy.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I don't see how. The cat watches the Alien with apathy. Mac watches the Predator with rage and anger.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

He specifically says he's going to have some fun.

The predator plays with its prey the way cats play with theirs. The same way the alien played Stanton (hiding in plain sight). It may read like apathy to some, but at its bare basics, its one predator watching another predator at work.

ruddiger fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Dec 1, 2016

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Cat has three letters. So does Mac.

David Pumpkin: ANY QUESTIONS?!

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011
Lowtax banned me because he thought I was trolling by acting really stupid. I wasn't acting.

Baronjutter posted:

Are these just rumours or are they actually going with the whore spore thing?

CelticPredator posted:

Seems like they are.

Oh for fucks sake. That is loving stupid just so loving stupid. It completely removes the whole Aliens as a metaphor for pregnancy thing because now it's just goddamn spores? gently caress it! gently caress it! gently caress this movie!

Fox: Hey Aliens fans, we're gonna replace the movie that you think ruined the entire franchise with a movie that is even worse. gently caress you and thanks for the money!

quote:

Xeno hate and Xeno support and general dog piling.

Can we stop with the personal attacks and just have respectful disagreements and... I don't know talk about the Aliens franchise? (Specifically Aliens 3, which is what this thread is about.)

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
loving poo poo! Haha. Someone just whined about an OPINION being personally skewed. That is pure cine-d.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Jenner posted:

Oh for fucks sake. That is loving stupid just so loving stupid. It completely removes the whole Aliens as a metaphor for pregnancy thing because now it's just goddamn spores? gently caress it! gently caress it! gently caress this movie!

Fox: Hey Aliens fans, we're gonna replace the movie that you think ruined the entire franchise with a movie that is even worse. gently caress you and thanks for the money!

Can we stop with the personal attacks and just have respectful disagreements and... I don't know talk about the Aliens franchise? (Specifically Aliens 3, which is what this thread is about.)

I mean, you don't know the preg stuff is gone. Remember the black goo came first, and then Hollway after, which resulted in a giant squid babby.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

ruddiger posted:

He specifically says he's going to have some fun.

The predator plays with its prey the way cats play with theirs. The same way the alien played Stanton (hiding in plain sight). It may read like apathy to some, but at its bare basics, its one predator watching another predator at work.
I agree with this, and it gets sorta-echoed later in the film when the Alien finds Jones in the cat carrier. The Alien isn't watching Jones "at work", but it's certainly regarding him differently from the myriad humans it butchered wholesale up until that point.

The shot of Jones watching Brett get mugged is also a master class in auditory horror - we don't need to see what happens to Brett, his cries of anguish convey it much more effectively.
And Ridley Scott gives us a hell of an encore with Lambert's death over the intercom, and Ripley's horrified reaction when she finds the aftermath.

Jones' reaction shot gets excised in the "director's cut", and the movie is worse for it.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Xenomrph posted:

It's a similar problem as when comparing the "quippy" characters in 'Aliens' to those in 'Alien Resurrection'.
It works in the former because it's shot in a way that grounds the characters as merely talking big and not "being" big, and still gives gravitas to action and death so the audience believes the characters are in danger and afraid.
It's less effective in Resurrection because the characters never act like they're truly in danger, and Jeunet's surrealist style and use of Dutch angles further emphasizes the disconnect from reality that isn't present in 'Aliens'.

I think that this is a real shame as well, because Alien Resurrection has a great cast. I would have loved to see more of Michael Wincott and Brad Dourif in that movie, and some of the darker themes explored more deeply.

quote:

Or to use a more recent example, the art design in 'Prometheus'. A common complaint I've seen is that everything looks too high-tech and shiny and new, and it creates this disconnect from how an Alien film is "supposed" to look lived-in, tactile, etc.

I think that this is most evident with the space jockey room itself. In the original movie there's an atmosphere and if I remember correctly there's an emphasis on wetness and humidity throughout the movie that gives it a certain look. The eggs are oozing liquid, the walls of the derelict appear to be sweating and of course we have the sprays of blood from Kane or the milky spurts of Ash, all the way to Brett standing under the leaking water and characters drenched in sweat. Then of course there's the alien itself, covered in slime. I think this is one of the key aspects of how the original movie fused sci-fi technology with real biological grossness to create an unsettling atmosphere, it's so dirty throughout. In comparison, the space jockey room in Prometheus along with much of the set design is spotless and immaculate, and comes across as fake and well, a bunch of movie sets. They're so clinically clean and flawless that it detracts a lot from what an environment like that had achieved in prior movies.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

SUNKOS posted:

I think that this is most evident with the space jockey room itself. In the original movie there's an atmosphere and if I remember correctly there's an emphasis on wetness and humidity throughout the movie that gives it a certain look. The eggs are oozing liquid, the walls of the derelict appear to be sweating and of course we have the sprays of blood from Kane or the milky spurts of Ash, all the way to Brett standing under the leaking water and characters drenched in sweat. Then of course there's the alien itself, covered in slime. I think this is one of the key aspects of how the original movie fused sci-fi technology with real biological grossness to create an unsettling atmosphere, it's so dirty throughout. In comparison, the space jockey room in Prometheus along with much of the set design is spotless and immaculate, and comes across as fake and well, a bunch of movie sets. They're so clinically clean and flawless that it detracts a lot from what an environment like that had achieved in prior movies.
Someone in the original Prometheus thread here thought the Space Jockey room being "off" was intentional. I think the argument was (and I'm sorta paraphrasing here because I don't remember the details) that the Engineer's tech at the facility wasn't as 'corrupt' as the derelict so there was more of a separation between the biological and the mechanical. Remember that in the intro scene the Engineers have a nice round spaceship and normal bodies, but at the facility they have the weird gnarly ship and some gross biosuit that may or may not be fused to them. The derelict is an even more decadent stage with a true biomechanical hybrid - they went too far and completely lost control over themselves, and their own blasphemous technology destroyed them. You could use that as a far-fetched way to explain the differences between the Space Jockey and Engineers, because in Alien that sure as hell wasn't a mechanical suit (and the Jockey was way bigger). That is, of course, if you choose to believe in an in-universe explanation and not a more mundane real-life production decision by people who don't really care about the continuity.

I don't know if I entirely buy it. It could just be that no one can summon the magic to reproduce the Giger look, which is a depressing thought. That's probably selling the artists short, though. I'm not sure what to make of the cleaner looking Engineers in the intro scene because it must be intentional.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

david_a posted:

Someone in the original Prometheus thread here thought the Space Jockey room being "off" was intentional. I think the argument was (and I'm sorta paraphrasing here because I don't remember the details) that the Engineer's tech at the facility wasn't as 'corrupt' as the derelict so there was more of a separation between the biological and the mechanical. Remember that in the intro scene the Engineers have a nice round spaceship and normal bodies, but at the facility they have the weird gnarly ship and some gross biosuit that may or may not be fused to them. The derelict is an even more decadent stage with a true biomechanical hybrid - they went too far and completely lost control over themselves, and their own blasphemous technology destroyed them. You could use that as a far-fetched way to explain the differences between the Space Jockey and Engineers, because in Alien that sure as hell wasn't a mechanical suit (and the Jockey was way bigger). That is, of course, if you choose to believe in an in-universe explanation and not a more mundane real-life production decision by people who don't really care about the continuity.

I don't know if I entirely buy it. It could just be that no one can summon the magic to reproduce the Giger look, which is a depressing thought. That's probably selling the artists short, though. I'm not sure what to make of the cleaner looking Engineers in the intro scene because it must be intentional.

There's plenty of grossness in the sets of Prometheus outside of the Space Jockey room. The jars of black ooze dripping, the dirt and water on the ground, the goop on the wall that David looks at early on, its just the one room that is fairly sterile, and considering there was a well-kept dead body that was around 2000 years old, the area was probably fairly stable until the Prometheus showed up.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
I thought the derelict in Alien was like that because it was really really really old, in Prometheus there's a clear division between the installation's ruins vs. the control room/whatever the engineers sealed off in time. It being bio-mechanical doesn't have to automatically mean it's gross, part of the armor grows out of the engineer's back and you can see the detailing of it on him even when he's not "wearing" it. Part of why the Alien is so chilling in the original is because of how much more mechanical than biological its body looks. Like how the replicants in Blade Runner or the androids in the Alien series are called androids/etc. but both are more "grown" than "built" according to Scott, but are effectively "robots" in their respective settings.

The engineers being a little more human fits with the movie, the implications of them being humanoids is more disconcerting than if they just look like "monsters."

As far as Covenant goes I don't think there being spores that transform people necessarily makes it impossible for "themes of pregnancy" to appear in the film, especially given how Prometheus' stuff is caused by the black goo but it sure as hell had one of the most effective "birth" scenes of all time. Seeing that in 3D was gross and audacious and awesome.

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011
Lowtax banned me because he thought I was trolling by acting really stupid. I wasn't acting.

CelticPredator posted:

I mean, you don't know the preg stuff is gone. Remember the black goo came first, and then Hollway after, which resulted in a giant squid babby.

I don't remember any of this.
I have watched Alien, Aliens, Aliens 3, Alien Resurrection and walked out of Prometheus. I have not watched any AvPs or other materials.

If that garbage happened in one of the movies I've seen and I'm forgetting it well gently caress me. But it's still dumb and bad and the worst whether or not I remember it happening.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

In Aliens Spunkmeyer puts his hand in goo, and in the next scene, he's an alien attacking Ferro. He even responds by name.

ruddiger fucked around with this message at 08:08 on Dec 1, 2016

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Jenner posted:

I have watched Alien, Aliens, Aliens 3, Alien Resurrection and walked out of Prometheus. I have not watched any AvPs or other materials.

If that garbage happened in one of the movies I've seen and I'm forgetting it well gently caress me. But it's still dumb and bad and the worst whether or not I remember it happening.

Well it's canon and the direction the series is going so.

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
Spores and cordyceps parasites have been all the rage in comics, videogames and indie movies in recent years. No surprise if they go with that.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Jenner posted:

Yea, this poo poo that happened in a movie that I didn't even watch is the worst. Thank god someone condensed it all down into half a sentence so I didn't have to suffer through it myself!

RogueTM
Jul 8, 2004

Hmmmmm

Jenner posted:

You don't remember any of this because you walked out of Prometheus.

Electromax
May 6, 2007

Jenner posted:

I have watched Alien Resurrection and walked out of Prometheus.

Well there's yer problem. You got them backwards.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe
People who walk out of movies are the worst. Its not even like you're at a big sporting event where it makes sense to want to beat the traffic.

Shanty
Nov 7, 2005

I Love Dogs
You want more preg stuff in your sci fi movies and you walked out of Prometheus? I'm beginning to think pregmovie fans don't like pregmovies.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Basebf555 posted:

People who walk out of movies are the worst. Its not even like you're at a big sporting event where it makes sense to want to beat the traffic.
I don't know if I've ever done it, but I value my time enough that I would absolutely walk out of a film I wasn't enjoying.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Slugworth posted:

I don't know if I've ever done it, but I value my time enough that I would absolutely walk out of a film I wasn't enjoying.
I've never walked out of the theatre, but I don't go to the theatre to see a ton of movies and I try to be real confident that I'm going to enjoy it before I buy a ticket. I've switched off plenty of movies on Netflix or whatever, but at least I'm not out $8 or something every time I do that.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

Slugworth posted:

If you aren't willing to give a filmmaker the full runtime to judge his/her work in its entirety, just don't bother going to the film at all. And if you do walk out, definitely don't think anyone would be interested in your opinion because you haven't seen a film until you've seen it from beginning to end.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I'm very cheap and only see like 1-2 movies a year and sometimes something that seems lovely can redeem its self near the end. I'll always give it the chance.
I've only "walked out" of one movie in my life, and that was a DVD of Death Proof. It's the only movie we've ever actually turned off. It's like forced unnatural bad quips: the movie.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe
I've fallen asleep during movies and then never gotten around to seeing them again, but that's kind of involuntary.

I suppose part of it is that I can almost always enjoy some positive aspect of a film, even if its what most people would consider "bad" overall. There's always at least one interesting performance, or nice wide outdoor landscape shots, or great lighting, or crazy costumes, or good action scenes. There's always something.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I've walked out of The Grudge 2, and Shrek 3. I was so close to walking out of Zoolander 2 because my loving god.

It's okay to walk out of movies. You just can't fully judge them, and that's fine too. Those movies you do walk out of probably don't deserve any real thought ever expelled in their direction. I've never once wanted to go back and watch The Grudge 2 or Shrek the Third.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Basebf555 posted:

If you aren't willing to give a filmmaker the full runtime to judge his/her work in its entirety, just don't bother going to the film at all. And if you do walk out, definitely don't think anyone would be interested in your opinion because you haven't seen a film until you've seen it from beginning to end.
A) I'll do as I please with my time. If you're pretty sure the last half hour of Yoga Hosers is gonna pay the whole thing off for you, cool. I mean, that being said, I never would have gone to the theater for that anyway, but what if it had an incredible marketing campaign, and I had? Does your rule also apply to films you watch at home? Do you commit with your full mind and soul to finish every film you've ever started? If so, why, and could any of that time have been better spent than confirming to yourself that yes, Avatar, The Last Airbender was terrible from start to finish?

B) I'd agree, you should not expect your opinion on the matter to be given as much weight as someone who watched the whole thing. That's fair. Though I'm totally ok with someone saying that they walked out of the film in order to convey that they didn't like it.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

Slugworth posted:

A) I'll do as I please with my time. If you're pretty sure the last half hour of Yoga Hosers is gonna pay the whole thing off for you, cool. I mean, that being said, I never would have gone to the theater for that anyway, but what if it had an incredible marketing campaign, and I had? Does your rule also apply to films you watch at home? Do you commit with your full mind and soul to finish every film you've ever started? If so, why, and could any of that time have been better spent than confirming to yourself that yes, Avatar, The Last Airbender was terrible from start to finish?

I'm not trying to tell you what to do with your time, but you brought up valuing your time as an issue. I think a better use of your time would be to only go to see films that you care enough about to give them a fair shot, which in my opinion means staying for the whole thing.

I've turned movies off at home very rarely, but only in situations where the thing I started watching turned out to be not at all what I intended to watch. The most recent example is a Nicolas Cage film that I thought I'd heard was good but then 30 minutes in I realized I was watching a different Nicolas Cage film than the one I wanted to watch. That's an unusual circumstance though, for the most part I find something to enjoy in every movie I watch. I don't even try to watch movies I'm pretty sure will be poo poo though, so I'm sure that causes me to miss out in a similar way that you might if you give up on a movie too early. To go with your example, I never even attempted to watch Last Airbender because all of my instincts were telling me it would be terrible.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

Basebf555 posted:

I'm not trying to tell you what to do with your time, but you brought up valuing your time as an issue. I think a better use of your time would be to only go to see films that you care enough about to give them a fair shot, which in my opinion means staying for the whole thing.

I've turned movies off at home very rarely, but only in situations where the thing I started watching turned out to be not at all what I intended to watch. The most recent example is a Nicolas Cage film that I thought I'd heard was good but then 30 minutes in I realized I was watching a different Nicolas Cage film than the one I wanted to watch. That's an unusual circumstance though, for the most part I find something to enjoy in every movie I watch. I don't even try to watch movies I'm pretty sure will be poo poo though, so I'm sure that causes me to miss out in a similar way that you might if you give up on a movie too early. To go with your example, I never even attempted to watch Last Airbender because all of my instincts were telling me it would be terrible.

Just reread my post, and it sounded snarky, so thanks for not replying in kind.

I definitely don't go to the theater unless I'm pretty confident I'll enjoy the movie, which is why I'm pretty sure I've never walked out of one, but I just disagree with your statement that people who do so are the worst (which is obviously a bit of hyperbole, but still suggests they've done something 'wrong'). Maybe they too thought they were seeing a different Nick Cage movie, you know? This all sprung from a guy walking out of Prometheus, which I think for a lot of people really wasn't the movie they thought they were gonna see. And yeah, I'm not gonna read a multiple page thesis on the film from a person who didn't finish it, but I don't judge anyone for thinking 'Man, this isn't for me at all, I'm gonna go do something else' because you know, Prometheus was their Last Airbender.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

Slugworth posted:

Just reread my post, and it sounded snarky, so thanks for not replying in kind.

I definitely don't go to the theater unless I'm pretty confident I'll enjoy the movie, which is why I'm pretty sure I've never walked out of one, but I just disagree with your statement that people who do so are the worst (which is obviously a bit of hyperbole, but still suggests they've done something 'wrong'). Maybe they too thought they were seeing a different Nick Cage movie, you know? This all sprung from a guy walking out of Prometheus, which I think for a lot of people really wasn't the movie they thought they were gonna see. And yeah, I'm not gonna read a multiple page thesis on the film from a person who didn't finish it, but I don't judge anyone for thinking 'Man, this isn't for me at all, I'm gonna go do something else' because you know, Prometheus was their Last Airbender.

Full disclosure, I think Prometheus is the best sci-fi film of the past 20 years, so to hear someone say they walked out probably got me going more than it would normally. Also just last month my boss told me that he had walked out of Max Max: Fury road after about 15 minutes and I had to just bite my lip and act like I didn't think he was a moron.

People who walk out of movies aren't literally "the worst", but I do tend to notice a pattern that those who regularly give up on movies halfway through have a short attention span and any movie that doesn't cater to their ADD is considered bad.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I too watch movies in a half-invested state and form half-baked opinions off of my fragmented memory of what I think I watched. :shepface:

People who walk out of movies are savages, and are just as bad people who leave sporting events early. I don't give a gently caress if it's a blow out and my favorite player suffered a season-ending injury in the first minute, I'm still gonna watch that game.

Can't wait to see how many people in this thread admit to texting during movies or constantly checking their phone too (this goes for sitting at home too).

ruddiger fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Dec 1, 2016

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I watched all of Alone in the Dark and Battlefield Earth in theaters.

The staff gave me standing ovations as I left.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

ruddiger posted:

Can't wait to see how many people in this thread admit to texting during movies or constantly checking their phone too (this goes for sitting at home too).
People who mess with their phones in the theatre are awful. When I'm in the theatre, my phone is on silent for the duration.

Pretty much the same at home, too, but I'm less strict about it if it's a movie I've seen a bazillion times. Usually when I'm watching a movie it's because I want to focus on the movie, but sometimes I'll just run an old favorite like The Shawshank Redemption in the background while doing other stuff.