Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I quit at the end of the first difficulty due to life stuff, and that was my first league to play in. What's the "best" way to level thru all the difficulties to get to endgame stuff?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

Ghost of Starman posted:

Personally, I love it. I think it's justified by equal parts "the Player Character is just that :black101:" and "there are crystallized doomspells literally lying around from all the magical-bullishit cataclysms that have happened here."

:agreed: Wraeclast holds incredible potential. The only difference between you and most other exiles that watched up on the beach, is the Nietzschean Will to Power. You need only reach out and seize it.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
This game is so good and I'm not mad at the patch notes at all.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

Coffee Mugshot posted:

:same:

J
Jun 10, 2001

Coffee Mugshot posted:

*plays 20 hours a day*

ughhh game is so stale and boring ggg pls fix

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

Coffee Mugshot posted:

:yeah:

New league is always fun. Admittedly, I'm really looking forward more to 3.0, but Breach promises some good times.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
i am a fan of path of exile

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---
Breach league looks pretty standard as far as league gimmicks go, but Vaal Breach is the raddest poo poo in concept and I hope it's worth using.

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Did somebody call about a Ravager problem?
I talk this game up any chance I get. Easily in my top 5 favorite games and my number 1 favorite arpg

akkristor
Feb 24, 2014

I want to work this into a Whispering Ice build for Breach league.
I've been experimenting with Whispering Ice in standard getting ready for the league and freaking love it, so I've decided to do some form of WI build.

Most WI builds use Pyre and/or Avatar of Fire, but this new unique makes me want to try a cold based build.

On a side-note, who do I need to speak to about getting into the SA guild? My friend and I (He does not have a SA act yet) have a guild that we basically use for swapping items between each other, but it's only the two of us.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
So where do Whispering Ice builds get all their int from anyway? Most seem to get ~600 from the tree, does the other 900come from items to get to 1.5k+? 600 (tree) + 100 (astra) + 50x5 (chest/boot/gloves/2xring) multiplied by 1.27 (WI/Black Sun) gets to around 1200...what am I missing?

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

akkristor posted:

I want to work this into a Whispering Ice build for Breach league.
I've been experimenting with Whispering Ice in standard getting ready for the league and freaking love it, so I've decided to do some form of WI build.

Most WI builds use Pyre and/or Avatar of Fire, but this new unique makes me want to try a cold based build.

On a side-note, who do I need to speak to about getting into the SA guild? My friend and I (He does not have a SA act yet) have a guild that we basically use for swapping items between each other, but it's only the two of us.

gently caress now I want to start with a Glacial Hammer build. This is the worst part of every new league: deciding what to start first.

akkristor
Feb 24, 2014

lurksion posted:

So where do Whispering Ice builds get all their int from anyway? Most seem to get ~600 from the tree, does the other 900come from items to get to 1.5k+? 600 (tree) + 100 (astra) + 50x5 (chest/boot/gloves/2xring) multiplied by 1.27 (WI/Black Sun) gets to around 1200...what am I missing?

Perandus Signet rings.
2% increased Intelligence for each Unique Item you have equipped

Pre 2.0 it was 3% (which is what i have on my standard character).

Then you also use Fertile Mind and Brute Force Solution to convert your Strength and Dexterity nodes to Intelligence, and if you can get them use Emperor's Wit and Emperor's Master for another 6% and 7% intelligence.

My standard WI build has 2156 intelligence, and does about 15k per individual hit of Icestorm with a cast speed of .26 seconds.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1697785

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Hamburger Test posted:

Perma phasing, 8+ frenzy, Phase Acro, Crit Bow Raider:
http://www.poeplanner.com/AAQAAPUSK...23QrdjVAAAAAAA=

The Tempest (max AS), LA / Barrage
Add Lit + Lit Pen, if it stops being effective trying Add Chaos + Poison

Later game bows: Council, rare Harb or Voltaxic.

Other uniques: Voidwalker, Drillneck

Cheap to start, can upgrade forever.

this is pretty easily adapted to a claw or dagger build for blade flurry, right?

wondering if going claws will be worth it just for how cheap they'll probably be compared to good daggers/foils for flurry.

Tabletops fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Dec 1, 2016

10bux
Sep 10, 2008

lurksion posted:

Jewels.

akkristor posted:

@dbk

There's also a set of instructions in the op. If anyone has had a problem with afk officers in irc, most/all will probably be on at the start of breach, please wait until then or message the above in game.

10bux fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Dec 1, 2016

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Mr E posted:

I quit at the end of the first difficulty due to life stuff, and that was my first league to play in. What's the "best" way to level thru all the difficulties to get to endgame stuff?

Blade Flurry Raider, you'll gently caress up your first build but I bet it's strong enough in any variation.

Haerc
Jan 2, 2011
Is CI better than health these last few patches? Looking through the build forums, it seems like the meta has shifted. Are life builds still viable? I don't really care if I can't do the shaper.

Specifically, I'm looking for a life based blade flurry build.

Haerc fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Dec 1, 2016

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010
Almost everything is viable if you throw enough currency at it, but right now quite a lot of builds are better off as ES.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

"Primordial" mod also makes golem AI much more aggressive.

Source

whypick1 fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Dec 1, 2016

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

So how do you make a decent 6 golem build, eh?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

The video has ZiggyD showing off a 6 Fire Golem/Suicide Bomber Necromancer setup.

Social Media
Jan 21, 2010

It seems like a cool supplemental source of damage for SRS. That might be enough to push me in that direction for Breach.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

whypick1 posted:

The video has ZiggyD showing off a 6 Fire Golem/Suicide Bomber Necromancer setup.

drat that looks fun. I was thinking of doing SRS for this league start so that will transition nicely.

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

pork never goes bad posted:

So how do you make a decent 6 golem build, eh?

Easy way that's p. much guaranteed to work: Raging spirits as your main 5-6 link. Golem of choice in your +2 minion level hat. Golems clear mooks, then when you run in to bosses or stronger rares the spirits (with the huge damage bonus from 2 clayshapers + hatred) chew through them. This is only 5 golems though since there's absolutely no reason to go elementalist over necromancer with this set up.

e: Whoops, this post is kinda pointless now.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

funmanguy posted:

For other decent league starter builds, I still think flameblast totems(pizza sticks) are solid.

Here here and here

Pretty sure I am going to play this just because it's called Pizza Sticks. Just did a test Bow Build (Tornado Shot/Barrage) but seems REALLY reliant on picking up multiple 5/6L's to really do anything. I guess most builds are this way. But either your Barrage DPS sucks because it's in a 3L or your Tornado Shot does.

And I can say "I am playing Pizza Sticks breh"

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

fennesz posted:

Pretty sure I am going to play this just because it's called Pizza Sticks. Just did a test Bow Build (Tornado Shot/Barrage) but seems REALLY reliant on picking up multiple 5/6L's to really do anything. I guess most builds are this way. But either your Barrage DPS sucks because it's in a 3L or your Tornado Shot does.

And I can say "I am playing Pizza Sticks breh"

You only need a 4 link for barrage honestly, and LA is fine on a 4 link and serviceable in pretty much all content on a 5l.

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004

whypick1 posted:

"Primordial" mod also makes golem AI much more aggressive.

Source

gently caress me dead. I knew fire golem + srs was gonna be crazy.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Yeah I guess I'm gonna have to start playing this again when Breach launches. Not sure what build to do though--the two I did when I played in Essence were a flameblast converted to pizza sticks (didn't think much of it after a while) and a tornado shot build.

Wonder if that new Searing Ray or whatever can be worked into a cheap league starter?

Basically I'm dogshit at theorycrafting my own ideas and need someone else to do the work for me :saddowns:

(e) That golem build looks fun as heck but again league starter :(

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Dec 1, 2016

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010

Tabletops posted:

You only need a 4 link for barrage honestly, and LA is fine on a 4 link and serviceable in pretty much all content on a 5l.

You definitely need at least a 5L to make barrage serviceable in red maps, particularly T15+, unless your gear is utterly ridiculous.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
After looking at the Raider updates... Avatar of the chase + quartz infusion + way of the poacher seems strictly better than avatar of the slaughter + avatar of the veil. 40% movement speed/as/cast speed, 40% damage, 15/25% more chance to evade and 7 second onslaught or whatever. At least better than slaughter. veil seems like the better defensive pick up if you're worried about status ailments.

I guess slaughter is meant to be used with chase, but chase is pretty drat good by itself, and slaughter seems pretty weak on its own.

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.
What's the website that tracks item prices as a graph?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

http://www.poeprices.info/

chajusong
Oct 18, 2002

Jinnigan posted:

What's the website that tracks item prices as a graph?

http://poe.ninja/

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.
Mathil's Blade Flurry assassin build recommends a voidheart to up your chances of poisoning an enemy. Is there any other way to get your chance to poison up? I know about Snakebite, but then I'd be concerned about sustaining frenzy charges during long boss fights. Cospri's will might be doable later in the league, but that's hardly reliable for early game.

Jinnigan fucked around with this message at 08:15 on Dec 1, 2016

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Jinnigan posted:

Mathil's Blade Flurry assassin build recommends a voidheart to up your chances of poisoning an enemy. Is there any other way to get your chance to poison up? I know about Snakebite, but then I'd be concerned about sustaining frenzy charges during long boss fights. Cospri's will might be doable later in the league, but that's hardly reliable for early game.

There's always the good old poison support gem.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Well, for end game, there's Cospri's Will...or just use the gem.

devoir
Nov 16, 2007

Jinnigan posted:

Look at the ascendency and adder's touch. Unless I am hugely mistaken you don't even need a perfect voidheart to poison on every critical with a dagger as long as the target is not bleed immune. It poisons a shitload even without a voidheart or critical cap. There is also a passive mode or two near acrobatics if you are temporarily desperate.

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

Tabletops posted:

After looking at the Raider updates... Avatar of the chase + quartz infusion + way of the poacher seems strictly better than avatar of the slaughter + avatar of the veil. 40% movement speed/as/cast speed, 40% damage, 15/25% more chance to evade and 7 second onslaught or whatever. At least better than slaughter. veil seems like the better defensive pick up if you're worried about status ailments.

I guess slaughter is meant to be used with chase, but chase is pretty drat good by itself, and slaughter seems pretty weak on its own.

How do you get 7 seconds? All I see is 3*(1(0.2+0.2)) = 4.2

Status ailments include chilled, this line makes chilled ground maps free and makes you immune to shock (reflected shock on a crit build has killed me many times).

Slaughter + Veil gives you 36%+ ms, 24%+ as, 24%+ damage, 40% ele damage, 10% spell dodge, for ages, unless you wear both Darkray and Snakebite.

I'll concede that you can reach higher sheet numbers with chase, but it's a short duration buff that you can't depend on when you really need it so I prefer the other option, meanwhile with these changes frenzy is basically only going to fall off when zoning.

Forgot to add the extra frenzy charge, so add another 4% as and 4% more damage.

Hamburger Test fucked around with this message at 08:39 on Dec 1, 2016

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Hamburger Test posted:

(reflected shock on a crit build has killed me many times).

No it hasn't.

quote:

Although reflected damage hits, it intentionally doesn't trigger most on/when hit effects[4] and, accordingly, cannot cause status ailments[5], stun[6], critical strikes and other similar effects that require a hit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

TheRat posted:

No it hasn't.

Hmm, someone lied to me then.

Shock is still a thing that is nice not to have to worry about.

• Locked thread