Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Yeah it will probably be that a Carrrrl cliffhanger. The main story won't be able to progress at all until he's is accounted for, and we haven't even seen Rick realize that he's gone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread

A True Jar Jar Fan posted:

How's everyone expecting the half season to end?

Hilariously.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Blazing Ownager posted:

If you think Negan is making good decisions, holy poo poo. Dude keeps giving weapons to people because he's so sure they won't kill him when in reality, oh boy would he have died a dozen settlements ago. He's been a massive idiot. Hilariously despite coming from the same writing team, his right hand Trevor is being far, far smarter about everything he does. Dude keeps armed people in the room with him, only talks to someone in private with an army outside, and is ten times as frightening. It's really funny, really.

All it would take to end Negan is just one person who doesn't give a gently caress and has a gun. Hell, Carl would probably kill him next episode if not for his immense plot armor.

ED: I really do wish there was an alternate gag-reel take where he comes up and starts doing his arrogant-act to Spencer and Spencer, being a dipshit, just pulls his sidearm and puts a shot between his eyes. I don't even know how the gently caress ANYONE would have reacted to it. Hell, if they armed all of Alexandria they probably could have killed Negan and all his men, and yeah, good luck keeping their army together after that.

If this was Game of Thrones I think Negan would have been lead into town to pick up what was his and then be lit up by snipers in every loving house.

People need strong leaders and people who do poo poo - Negan is that person and people will blindly follow that if it means they will be safe and gently caress over others. He's apparently proven it time and time again that his side wins. Look how he just saunters into Ricks town and loving steals everything without anyone doing a drat thing. And doing it for laughs too with the mattresses.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eb40oORiDGc

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !

Bigass Moth posted:

Useless background character who was never important until that episode dies, which is somehow the final straw to bring back Rick's fighting spirit. Also Daryl breaks out and steals back his awful vest and motorcycle.

I'm gonna need you to take that vest comment back, and add a crossbow related amendment.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Vintersorg posted:

People need strong leaders and people who do poo poo - Negan is that person and people will blindly follow that if it means they will be safe and gently caress over others. He's apparently proven it time and time again that his side wins. Look how he just saunters into Ricks town and loving steals everything without anyone doing a drat thing. And doing it for laughs too with the mattresses.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eb40oORiDGc

Half those people never even met him before and just heard he's an rear end in a top hat. Of course they're going to loving shoot him.

Explaining what the writers are trying to do isn't the same as explaining anything that actually makes sense with what's presented on-screen, and what's presented on-screen is a guy who'd been a dead man a week into this warlord job.

A particular protip I think successful warlords might have is "Don't give your enemies weapons while in the same room with them to show them who's boss." That's like the kind of trick some 9th grade thinks is rad as hell and then tries it and gets the poo poo beat out of him.

That said literally everything Negan has done so far is dumb. As. gently caress. It's just that Rick's crew is dumber.

(Fear's crew are still the dumbest people on TV. By a lot. We're nowhere near bottom yet.)

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Dec 1, 2016

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
Have you read the comic issue number 112? There's a very good reason why Negan feels safe approaching people armed with guns even when his whole crew are only carrying melee weapons. Its one nuance that the show is not going to be able to play out, I think.

Enderzero
Jun 19, 2001

The snowflake button makes it
cold cold cold
Set temperature makes it
hold hold hold

Sjs00 posted:

Have you read the comic issue number 112? There's a very good reason why Negan feels safe approaching people armed with guns even when his whole crew are only carrying melee weapons. Its one nuance that the show is not going to be able to play out, I think.

I just looked this up and that's not a very good reason at all. If Rick's plan was setup in advance and not a hasty decision it would have worked fine. Or have it take place further out - you can cover something like a walled city but not much farther out. It's like a textbook example of plot amor.

The reason a group like, say, navy seals are so effective are training and supply lines. They have the stability of well funded supply lines to support them and they know how to use what they have. The saviors have neither - half of many group's supplies in a dying world isn't enough to pull off this teenage boy domination fantasy believably.

Enderzero fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Dec 1, 2016

AbrahamLincolnLog
Oct 1, 2014

Note to self: This one's the shitty one

Sjs00 posted:

Do tell. Either I didn't read this one or I forgot.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Shitenshi posted:

Don't know if this was posted already, but JDM already announced Negan is gonna be back for Season 8. Have fun, dipshits.

I was gonna see this season through before I quit but gently caress it, I'm out

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

AbrahamLincolnLog posted:

Do tell. Either I didn't read this one or I forgot.

Negan apparently has snipers on-hand at all times that are able to shoot the guns out of peoples' hands if they threaten him. It really seems like something Kirkman came up with retroactively.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Dalael posted:

I'm assuming they didn't drive for 2 weeks in a straight line. they probably traveled to every town they knew about, explored every house and poo poo like that. She might not even be 50 miles from Alexandria for all I know.

That's one of the worst things about the fact they keep using the backwoods of Georgia for every single filming location, it's really easy to forget that they are meant to be right next door to Washington DC.

If they are intentionally avoiding the city and built up areas then at least mention that. Make it a plot point that they are getting increasingly desperate for supplies but also think it's too risky to head into the more built up areas due to herds or some other such reason.

The amount of travelling through woods and country roads is really starting to take the piss though. I mean look at the area this is all roughly taking place in:

It stands out heaps considering the amount of time they spent in urban Atlanta.

Senor Tron fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Dec 1, 2016

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Senor Tron posted:

That's one of the worst things about the fact they keep using the backwoods of Georgia for every single filming location, it's really easy to forget that they are meant to be right next door to Washington DC.

If they are intentionally avoiding the city and built up areas then at least mention that. Make it a plot point that they are getting increasingly desperate for supplies but also think it's too risky to head into the more built up areas due to herds or some other such reason.

The amount of travelling through woods and country roads is really starting to take the piss though. I mean look at the area this is all roughly taking place in:

And last episode looks like it was shot in the US Film version of Vietnam. I half expected Rambo run by during the stealth scene.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

Bulkiest Toaster
Jan 22, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Negan apparently has snipers on-hand at all times that are able to shoot the guns out of peoples' hands if they threaten him. It really seems like something Kirkman came up with retroactively.

That's pretty goofy. Just like everything else with this character.

Bulkiest Toaster fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Dec 1, 2016

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Johnny Truant posted:

Sand zombies were kind of entertaining cause they were novel, but like, how the gently caress did they suddenly surround Dr. Dre and Tara? How were there like 20+ zombies that were unearthed by Tara pulling out a single backpack?

It would've been better writing if it were a few zombies and they took care of them then Tara slipped on a banana peel and fell in the water. But nope, now we've got teleporting sand zombies. :shrug:

It was a masterful ambush set up by the zombies. They dangle the backpack out and then hide until somebody grabs the bait, then they all attack at once.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

i'm shook to the corp

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

drat

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Senor Tron posted:

To be fair "Alexandria" isn't the actual city/town of Alexandria, it's a planned community near to Washington, but they don't say how near.

But yeah, I felt like the whole "girl looking at a map with a line drawn to Washington" was kinda a big tease. Ultimately this show doesn't have the budget to effectively pull off a romp through Z-torn Washington DC, which is the real reason they'll never go there. Which is too bad, because it would be rad as hell to go into the White House and the Pentagon and poo poo. Of course they'd be teeming with zombies so that might make reconning the Oval Office or raiding the Smithsonian a bit hard.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

moist turtleneck posted:

in other news, people on Reddit are still more retarded than us if they think this was mind blowing

I especially like the guy putting his name on the bottom of the pic like it's a loving thesis

Maybe it's a hint about The Next Episode.

e. See in the Hollywood blockbuster Straight Outta Compton Dr. Dre is played by actor Corey Hawkins. Corey Hawkins also plays Heath on the Walking Dead. His name appears on the bottom of this picture, also. What does it all mean?

Manic Mailman
Jul 2, 2004
With Hilltop and Alexandrians on their way to Negans base I predict a cliffhanger where oceanside joins the other settlements and they come up with a plan involving the Kingdom which seems to have the most leeway with The Savior and because thats where the murderbot Carol resides.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

On the upside, since you can walk from Alexandria to the sea that's their food shortages sorted. Just find an intact jetty and get a gang down there fishing a couple of times a week.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Excellent find! +1

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Senor Tron posted:

On the upside, since you can walk from Alexandria to the sea that's their food shortages sorted. Just find an intact jetty and get a gang down there fishing a couple of times a week.

They should have fled to an island on the coast on day 1. It would be a great place to live and get away from the zombies.

I thought Fear was going to do this at the end of its first season, but they did stupid things instead.

Bulkiest Toaster
Jan 22, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Manic Mailman posted:

With Hilltop and Alexandrians on their way to Negans base I predict a cliffhanger where oceanside joins the other settlements and they come up with a plan involving the Kingdom which seems to have the most leeway with The Savior and because thats where the murderbot Carol resides.

I bet arraon and rick are in their scavenger/supply run and run into the kingdom next episode. Whenever you need something to happen in this show characters go on supply runs

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Fionordequester posted:

I...don't get the issue? The guy was clever enough to notice that the line was a callback to two seasons ago, and I never noticed that till now. I thought it was neat! What's wrong with this Reddit user?

Yeah, considering Glenn didn't say it directly to Tara I'd imagine that wasn't so much a "callback" as it was one of the hack writers recycling a line they wrote, either intentionally or unknowingly.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Nah she's standing next to Maggie in that scene

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

we are the Funyuns posted:

Maybe it's a hint about The Next Episode.

e. See in the Hollywood blockbuster Straight Outta Compton Dr. Dre is played by actor Corey Hawkins. Corey Hawkins also plays Heath on the Walking Dead. His name appears on the bottom of this picture, also. What does it all mean?

Bahahah. Well. I kind of feel like a fool.

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!

Fitzy Fitz posted:

I can't believe the Lone Ranger would work for Negan, even in the Zombie apocalypse

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Bulkiest Toaster posted:

I bet arraon and rick are in their scavenger/supply run and run into the kingdom next episode. Whenever you need something to happen in this show characters go on supply runs

At some point don't they go looking for Carol and Morgan who are just sort of living there now but probably presumed fuckign dead by their friends? Or have they not been gone that long idk there's usually no way to gauge time passage in this piece of poo poo show

AbrahamLincolnLog
Oct 1, 2014

Note to self: This one's the shitty one

Fitzy Fitz posted:

They should have fled to an island on the coast on day 1. It would be a great place to live and get away from the zombies.

I thought Fear was going to do this at the end of its first season, but they did stupid things instead.

This was easily the thing that pissed me off the most about Fear.

You have a loving boat. Sail somewhere that possibly hasn't been infected, or to an island you can defend. Don't go somewhere that is connected by land to a place you know is heavily infected.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Parity warning posted:

At some point don't they go looking for Carol and Morgan who are just sort of living there now but probably presumed fuckign dead by their friends? Or have they not been gone that long idk there's usually no way to gauge time passage in this piece of poo poo show

No. People who run off on their own for vague reasons never die until they come back to the group and learn their lesson through monologue abuse, they've figured that out by now.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Parity warning posted:

Carol left a "don't follow me" note, right? I think you only send one searcher after someone who leaves a note, if you send a second searcher after the first searcher, you're just throwing good people after bad

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Guy Goodbody posted:

Carol left a "don't follow me" note, right? I think you only send one searcher after someone who leaves a note, if you send a second searcher after the first searcher, you're just throwing good people after bad

None of these people are good though, send them all then just show empty camera shots of Alexandria for an hour.

I'd honestly prefer that to the past two episodes.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

In all fairness that second scene was hilarious

Horse survives 6 years in the zombie apocalypse and dies within 2 minutes of meeting Daryl to make Daryl sad

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Fitzy Fitz posted:

If Rick was being written in-character he would have tried to hit Negan in the head with the ax when he got back in the RV, no question

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Guy Goodbody posted:

It basically turns into this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQ4Oo__D8X4

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

AbrahamLincolnLog posted:

This was easily the thing that pissed me off the most about Fear.

You have a loving boat. Sail somewhere that possibly hasn't been infected, or to an island you can defend. Don't go somewhere that is connected by land to a place you know is heavily infected.

The guy who owned the boat was specifically sailing it to his husband's estate to see if his family was still alive. That's not bad, it's just the execution was absolutely awful and they were being menaced by the Mexican Navy, who appeared entirely off screen and was never seen, even once, while shooting at our group of idiots.

Remy Marathe
Mar 15, 2007

_________===D ~ ~ _\____/

Wow, before now I hadn't looked back and considered that this was Victor's plan all along, not only harmless but something the family would've been fine with, but he was circumspect about it for half a season just so the writers could generate some cheap and completely unrewarding suspense as to his motives.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Remy Marathe posted:

Wow, before now I hadn't looked back and considered that this was Victor's plan all along, not only harmless but something the family would've been fine with, but he was circumspect about it for half a season just so the writers could generate some cheap and completely unrewarding suspense as to his motives.

I've said it before, will say it again, Fear makes regular Walking Dead look like Breaking Bad in comparison

There's an impressive amount of stupid per minute in that show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Just caught up with the show

The last Tara episode in the lesbian beach camp was super good. Just loved it.

By I'm going to guess goons have not been happy?