Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT

Internet Kraken posted:

With the current GTS situation, this is probably the most anyone has given a poo poo about Castform in years.

Join Avenue had the Magnemite coil, Festival Plaza has the Castform cloud.

And after spending hours searching and instead finding a Pangoro, two Goomy and no less than five Sligoo, I understand why.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Abundant Atrophy posted:

Critical captured a Horsea in a beast ball. Now if only Tapu koko had gone into the fast ball

Hey, are you still around? I have no Horsea yet and I love beast balls :)

Decus
Feb 24, 2013
For me the hardest catch was vanillite. I think there's probably an optimal pokemon to use to trigger weather S.O.S. encounters, but I wouldn't know what it is for each area. Would you want something with a low normal S.O.S. rate maybe? Might be part of why people are having a lot of trouble beyond a lot of the average GTS users likely not even knowing about it. Seriously, the pokedex itself? It tells you ______ is in an area with no special weather symbol by it like it puts a night symbol by night-only pokemon. So, theoretically, if you didn't have or know you had to use the internet to guide you you could spend a ton of time just trying to catch that stuff, failing and then resorting to GTS.

How Ingratiating!
Sep 7, 2011

Infinite ammo vs. CYBER PUNCH!!
If you want a 6IV Ditto, just be That Person and put up something on GTS, asking for one that's 91 or higher. Let the hackers do the work for you. :smug:

Currently have another Castform up asking for Zygarde, so I can skip the rest of the hunt.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
Hey y'all looking for a beast ball poliwag, cubone, dewpider. Have competitive magbys, togedemarus, various UBs / Tapus of non comp varieties, and a shiny togedemaru that I'd part with for all three

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

I'm looking for a hidden ability Impish Grimer still if anyone has one. I'll even just trade for a HA one and do the nature myself if anyone has one of those.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

holy gently caress I just got a type null for a castform in < an hour. WHAT DO I ASK FOR NEXT!?

edit: asking for cosmog

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Arrgytehpirate posted:

holy gently caress I just got a type null for a castform in < an hour. WHAT DO I ASK FOR NEXT!?

edit: asking for cosmog

ask for some zygardes because iirc you can dissolve them and thus not have to go find the zygarde bits

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Jesus Christ

Traded castform for 4x Type:Null

Kept one for myself
Evolved two to silvally
Traded silvally for Cosmog
Traded Silvally for Lunala

Guess that's all the hard parts of my living dex taken care of then, right? I can get multiples of the version exclusive UBs to do regular trades for once I finally clear the E4, right?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Sockser posted:

Jesus Christ

Traded castform for 4x Type:Null

Kept one for myself
Evolved two to silvally
Traded silvally for Cosmog
Traded Silvally for Lunala

Guess that's all the hard parts of my living dex taken care of then, right? I can get multiples of the version exclusive UBs to do regular trades for once I finally clear the E4, right?

you get a couple of them yeah

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
hello friends I hear you like rare mon trading

This is mostly with Vanillites, not including regular mons and switchbacks I've done for other trades I needed. Bear in mind I haven't even caught any of my own UBs yet, though I did get my Tapus.

New gen launches are pretty fun, imo

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Do you need Zygarde 100% for the Pokédex?

Abundant Atrophy
Nov 3, 2012

Khanstant posted:

Hey, are you still around? I have no Horsea yet and I love beast balls :)

Oh, sure! Is Calm an alright nature? (it's the one the mother has)
Also I guess what kind of egg moves should a kingdra have?

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Hopefully I didn't make the story too easy by EV training these great pokemon....I just wanted them to be really strong and cool...

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Your Computer posted:

having 100% of zygarde means you can use zygarde's second ability (the good one). you only need 50% to see both formes

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Axel Serenity posted:

hello friends I hear you like rare mon trading

This is mostly with Vanillites, not including regular mons and switchbacks I've done for other trades I needed. Bear in mind I haven't even caught any of my own UBs yet, though I did get my Tapus.

New gen launches are pretty fun, imo

I think I've been doing it wrong. I've made many vanillites but only the evolved ones have traded. I think I need to just ask for the crazy poo poo more, I've been trying to pick up random rare dudes and stuff to fill out my dex.

Abundant Atrophy posted:

Oh, sure! Is Calm an alright nature? (it's the one the mother has)
Also I guess what kind of egg moves should a kingdra have?

Yeah that nature is just fine! I'm mostly filling out my dex and collecting cool stuff right now, no idea what my fighting teams will be yet. Kingdra egg moves I'm not sure about, dragon stuff maybe?
2681-0594-7193 is "a g-g-ghost!"

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

corn in the bible posted:

having 100% of zygarde means you can use zygarde's second ability (the good one). you only need 50% to see both formes

No no, I just want to complete my Pokédex. I don't actually want to use Zygarde :v:

Just wondering if you need to collect all the doodads/trade Zygardes to get the dex completion.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
What is banned on battle spot from the dex? Zygrade and the 3 box legendaries? Anything else?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Your Computer posted:

No no, I just want to complete my Pokédex. I don't actually want to use Zygarde :v:

Just wondering if you need to collect all the doodads/trade Zygardes to get the dex completion.

well you only need 10% to get the dog. if you want ALL POSSIBLE FORMS of your pokemon then i guess get 60% so you can have both big zygarde and dog zygarde but for pokedex purposes it's unnecessary to get more than 10

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

Khanstant posted:

I think I've been doing it wrong. I've made many vanillites but only the evolved ones have traded. I think I need to just ask for the crazy poo poo more, I've been trying to pick up random rare dudes and stuff to fill out my dex.

Sometimes you have to give it a bit of time. They aren't usually fast trades. Or maybe they are; I am usually putting them up before work and then forget about it for a few hours. If it hasn't traded by the time I'm done, I take it back and relist it to put it back on the top of the pile.

A couple of these were me looking for a legendary in particular and lucking out with someone wanting a Pichu or something, but 90% of them were just freshly hatched non-HA Vanillites. People will trade premiums to not have to do 30 SOS chains in hail.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

Your Computer posted:

No, you only need one forme for the Pokédex regardless of how many it has.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Axel Serenity posted:

Sometimes you have to give it a bit of time. They aren't usually fast trades. Or maybe they are; I am usually putting them up before work and then forget about it for a few hours. If it hasn't traded by the time I'm done, I take it back and relist it to put it back on the top of the pile.

A couple of these were me looking for a legendary in particular and lucking out with someone wanting a Pichu or something, but 90% of them were just freshly hatched non-HA Vanillites. People will trade premiums to not have to do 30 SOS chains in hail.

I've been leaving something up overnight. vanillite, or others. I also let em sit for a few hours. Today I had a female vanillite up for 4-5 hours and never got a carvanha. It's weird because the first couple of days I was able to get several UBs and and a Type Null for just rowletts and pretty easy to get stuff.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

Khanstant posted:

I've been leaving something up overnight. vanillite, or others. I also let em sit for a few hours. Today I had a female vanillite up for 4-5 hours and never got a carvanha. It's weird because the first couple of days I was able to get several UBs and and a Type Null for just rowletts and pretty easy to get stuff.

AH, yeah. Sharpedoes are kind of annoying to get even with rare trades. If you need one, hit me up in the Discord sometime and I'll breed you one. Not HA or anything I don't think, but it'll help fill up the dex.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Yeah I think trading Castform for Lunala directly might be a bad call, since it hasn't worked, but I got an extra Nihilego in no time at all. I'll probably do what the other poster did and get another Type: Null to evolve and then trade. People love Silvally, and I understand why, happiness evolutions are fairly tedious. Growing lots of Happy Berries right now though.

I still don't really understand Zygarde. When you get 100%, you can put it in Complete Form permanently? Or does it have to be triggered via Power Construct?

Abundant Atrophy
Nov 3, 2012

Khanstant posted:

Yeah that nature is just fine! I'm mostly filling out my dex and collecting cool stuff right now, no idea what my fighting teams will be yet. Kingdra egg moves I'm not sure about, dragon stuff maybe?

I'll get to it! Give a few minutes to hatch.
4210-5409-4092 Joakim

Abundant Atrophy fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Dec 1, 2016

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7vgc2017-486916086

Can someone explain to me why the Whishiwashi restores so much health from its figy berry? I thought those berries didn't heal anywhere near that much. Otherwise, why wouldn't everyone use them over sitrus berries?

How Ingratiating!
Sep 7, 2011

Infinite ammo vs. CYBER PUNCH!!
They buffed the Figy and related berries by a whole bunch this gen.

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!

Khanstant posted:

Yeah, now that the initial rush is over, I can't move the starters for anything good. Even the female ones don't seem to get anything appropriately rare, so Castforms it is.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Wow, gently caress the battle tree! It just killed my run at battle 46 with a team of Regirock, Azelf and Tornadus - the first two of which decided to explode on my team.

BrainDance
May 8, 2007

Disco all night long!

When is this Castaform market going to become saturated and they become worthless because everyone bred a million of them?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
right now id guess

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Honestly it seems kinda shady. I just put up a Castform for bunch of stuff (all the Eeveelutions, Garchomp, fossils, Vanilluxe, etc.) and all traded within a couple of minutes. Like, I put the trade up, searched the GTS a bit, left and re-entered and it was already traded.

:iiam:

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Internet Kraken posted:

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7vgc2017-486916086

Can someone explain to me why the Whishiwashi restores so much health from its figy berry? I thought those berries didn't heal anywhere near that much. Otherwise, why wouldn't everyone use them over sitrus berries?

The berries got buffed from healing 12.5% to 50%. However, they only activate when the user's HP falls below 25%.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
Pokedex Complete!

All hail Lord Castform.

Abundant Atrophy
Nov 3, 2012

Khanstant posted:

'

Abundant Atrophy posted:

I'll get to it! Give a few minutes to hatch.
4210-5409-4092 Joakim

Ready and In the plaza

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
https://twitter.com/SerebiiNet/status/804149148773679104

Penguins, man

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Thank you friend!

Khanstant fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Dec 1, 2016

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

This game needs to come to Switch so I can rock people's faces with Empoleon

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

This game needs to come to Switch so I can rock people's faces with Empoleon

I'm utterly convinced that there'll be a Switch version released with these new characters and two extra, while the Wii U version explicitly doesn't get these characters as DLC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

high detail fur empoleon is not my bag