Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
This game is
This poll is closed.
Great! 180 32.61%
Awesome! 212 38.41%
Good! 160 28.99%
Total: 552 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
So far the only hunt that's really given me trouble were those 5 level 15 Flans beneath Levantyne Peak or whatever it's called, because they're strong against all damage types that I know of. Had to use a Phoenix Down and a Mega Potion because they just kept whittling away at me.

I was able to take them out at level 12 or so by spamming Prompto's flare gun, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

How do you activate wait mode anyway? I see there is points you can put into it for leveling but never really got a prompt for it.

Or was it something you had to activate at the start of the game?

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Oxxidation posted:

So far the only hunt that's really given me trouble were those 5 level 15 Flans beneath Levantyne Peak or whatever it's called, because they're strong against all damage types that I know of. Had to use a Phoenix Down and a Mega Potion because they just kept whittling away at me.

I was able to take them out at level 12 or so by spamming Prompto's flare gun, though.

Most FF players would recognize flans as time to experiment with magic. I took them out much earlier than level 12 with some spell creations.

Nelson Mandingo posted:

How do you activate wait mode anyway? I see there is points you can put into it for leveling but never really got a prompt for it.

Or was it something you had to activate at the start of the game?

It's an option you turn in in settings. To actually use it, you have to be in battle and remove your thumb from the left stick which then kicks wait mode in. When you move the left stick again it goes back to real time.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Them and the Masamune that comes with all preorders and day one edition copies will cover you for a while. I just got into Duscae myself and neglected to check the weapon seller in the first rest stop. But I went through the entire Hammerhead area and most of the hunts I could do in there with just those weapons.

Where do I get mine? I pre ordered my copy.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Getting a little annoyed at how often the magitech ambushes happen.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

lite_sleepr posted:

The slip of paper in your box with the Masamune code on it.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

lite_sleepr posted:

The Masamune? In physical copies it's a code in the case, digital it's a DLC item added to your account that if it's not already downloaded, can be accessed on your Library on the PS4.

Trico
Nov 5, 2009

still you are nowhere
Just finished chapter 3 at around LVL 15. Are the imperial dropships that spawn 15+ snipers and soldiers supposed to be this difficult? They cut through my HP if I'm not phasing and I can't get in any hits. I've just been running away from them when they spawn. Which is very very frequently, it seems... So much so that it's kinda getting annoying..

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Most FF players would recognize flans as time to experiment with magic. I took them out much earlier than level 12 with some spell creations.

They're strong against all magic types, too, which hardly seems fair.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Oxxidation posted:

They're strong against all magic types, too, which hardly seems fair.

They are resistant, but far less than weapons. Crafting up some magic lets you do way more damage (4 digits) than your weapons (2 maybe 3 digit if it's Gladio or Noct with a great sword) against them. That was my experience at level 9.

8-bit Miniboss fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Dec 1, 2016

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Trico posted:

Just finished chapter 3 at around LVL 15. Are the imperial dropships that spawn 15+ snipers and soldiers supposed to be this difficult? They cut through my HP if I'm not phasing and I can't get in any hits. I've just been running away from them when they spawn. Which is very very frequently, it seems... So much so that it's kinda getting annoying..

Large groups of gun dudes are merciless and will destroy you at any level, either nuke em with magic, or a warp sword into the centre followed by a great sword swing will scatter them and you can (hopefully) pick them off one by one.

Serf
May 5, 2011

I hate the horse/deer type enemies near the start of the game. You can get about two hits in before they start charging, and fighting them takes forever.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Serf posted:

I hate the horse/deer type enemies near the start of the game. You can get about two hits in before they start charging, and fighting them takes forever.

They're pretty slow and often near cliffs, warp up high then warpstrike them to knock 'em down.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

So are the king weapons or whatever they're called's HP drain based on how many things you hit with a single swing? I ran into a group of Magitech soldiers with the Axe and did a single swing and immediately went to 0.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Sakurazuka posted:

Large groups of gun dudes are merciless and will destroy you at any level, either nuke em with magic, or a warp sword into the centre followed by a great sword swing will scatter them and you can (hopefully) pick them off one by one.

They're also weak to daggers (or maybe swords, I can't completely remember off the top of my head), so warping into them and hack-slashing should quickly cut them down one by one. If things get too dicey, warp out or have Ignis Regroup, then warp back in.

Honestly daggers are really good weapons in general, especially once you pick up the trait that boosts the Tech bar when you attack.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Ibram Gaunt posted:

So are the king weapons or whatever they're called's HP drain based on how many things you hit with a single swing? I ran into a group of Magitech soldiers with the Axe and did a single swing and immediately went to 0.

Yep. Please use sparingly.

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

Started the post-game this morning. Going back to the mines and loving up that level 50 samurai felt pretty good.

Also got the airship upgrade for the Regalia. Flight is......really weird. It's cool, but landing is really difficult and if you gently caress it up it's game over, which seems pretty harsh.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

VanillaGorilla posted:

Started the post-game this morning. Going back to the mines and loving up that level 50 samurai felt pretty good.

Also got the airship upgrade for the Regalia. Flight is......really weird. It's cool, but landing is really difficult and if you gently caress it up it's game over, which seems pretty harsh.

Sounds like an open world game to me. :v:

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Huh. Prompto took a photo of..well it's 90% Noctis' chocobo, but it popped a trophy for a..certain someone photobombing it. Not that you can see them, at all. Oddly enough, another photo in that same set (Noct and Gladio Blindside Linking Aranea) prompted a remark from the boys that she was there as well, but..again, can't see her. Weird.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Terper posted:

They're pretty slow and often near cliffs, warp up high then warpstrike them to knock 'em down.

I'll give that a shot! I rarely use the warp points, they seem to work infrequently.

Also the only bad part of this game so far is the camera, which is a bigger issue in combat than the actual enemies. I just want it pulled out another good twenty or thirty feet so that I can see what the hell all the enemies are doing at once.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Has anyone ordered the physical deluxe edition from SE Europes online store and have you received it yet? Just looking for an acceptable timeframe before I start looking for where my package is.

edit: sorry if this has been asked a million times, I'm avoiding reading the rest of the thread.

Oxygen Deficiency fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Dec 1, 2016

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Serf posted:

I'll give that a shot! I rarely use the warp points, they seem to work infrequently.

Also the only bad part of this game so far is the camera, which is a bigger issue in combat than the actual enemies. I just want it pulled out another good twenty or thirty feet so that I can see what the hell all the enemies are doing at once.

Go to options, set Camera to Far (and also crank up sensitivity and other stuff)

And remember to hold down warp while not targeting an enemy to use a warp point

Lucas Archer
Dec 1, 2007
Falling...
I'm still early on - haven't left the Quay yet - and it took away my option to drive manually during the day. What's up with that?

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Lucas Archer posted:

I'm still early on - haven't left the Quay yet - and it took away my option to drive manually during the day. What's up with that?

You can't drive manually during the day til Chapter 3.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Lucas Archer posted:

It seems like once you gives the reigns to Ignis you can't get them back, or at least I can't figure out a way to. Not sure why would would want to though, it's easily the worst "driving" I've ever seen in a game.

I'm enjoying FFXV but boy is there a laundry list a mile long of lovely things about it. It's kind of a mess, there are interface and content issues, and the characters suck being some of the top bits but it's weird enough that it's holding my attention.

MMD3 posted:

Here's a thing that sucks... oh, I have to assault an outpost for my next mission? better rest up and eat a high value meal.

arrive at outpost: "we should go camp to devise a strategy"

goodbye meal.

This happened for me when I decided to sleep before setting out on the ferry. WHOOPS I missed out on free double XP night at the waterfront hotel. Thanks game.

Yodzilla fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Dec 1, 2016

Serf
May 5, 2011

Terper posted:

Go to options, set Camera to Far (and also crank up sensitivity and other stuff)

And remember to hold down warp while not targeting an enemy to use a warp point

Geez, out of all the options I messed around with, I didn't notice the camera one. Definitely gonna mess around with that one.

Also I find it very amusing that for all the enemies I've encountered so far I can just warp on top of a six foot tall rock and chill there while they run around unable to get at me.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
Every time Prompto whistles at the end of a battle it hurts my goddamn ears. Why is that twice as loud as every other sound in the game? God what a lovely character.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
lol-ing at all the poo poo-tier humans who don't like prompto :allears:

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
Prompto sucks balls. Gladio is a cool bro and Ignis would be chill if his voice actor wasn't goddamn atrocious. Prompto is just a mix of every lovely hyperactive anime trope there is. Oh he's super wacky but gets flustered easily but also falls down a bunch and is sleepy all the time?? What a cool character!

Noctis is just an empty shell that fell out of a how to draw manga book. Cindy is :aslol:

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

lol-ing at all the poo poo-tier humans who don't like prompto :allears:

Motherfucker took a terrifying selfie inside a cave and that's when I decided I liked the cut of his jib.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Please don't hate Michelangelo

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Actually,,,, they're all good

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Luceid posted:

This game is really good but I could use a movelist for all the weapons, has anyone got something like that? Is there one in-game? Am I just dumb as poo poo??? who knows!!

Briefly, it appears all weapons have similar move sets that differ a bit based on weapon type. Except of course guns and machines which barely have any combo strings at all. Hold att. is weak combo, press forward and attack is heavy combo reset, hold back and attack is reset and go into aerial combo (but maybe this is only with spear or short sword?) and let go of att. and then tap att. is heavy flinch/crush. Oh, and sideways and att. is some sort of side sweep that no one knows what it's supposed to do yet.

I can't say more that that because I'm actually really bad at it.

Lucid Dream
Feb 4, 2003

That boy ain't right.
I gained some levels and made some progress in the story and now instead of a dozen snipers the dropships drop only 3 guys! 2 guys around my level, and one guy that is 30 levels above me and one shots me with every attack, awesome! :thumbsup: It isn't even that hard to kill the guy, I just have to chug a hi-potion every single time he hits me.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Yodzilla posted:

Prompto sucks balls. Gladio is a cool bro and Ignis would be chill if his voice actor wasn't goddamn atrocious. Prompto is just a mix of every lovely hyperactive anime trope there is. Oh he's super wacky but gets flustered easily but also falls down a bunch and is sleepy all the time?? What a cool character!

Noctis is just an empty shell that fell out of a how to draw manga book. Cindy is :aslol:

U just mad cus u look like how he did

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
Haha as if, I have brown hair and never wear sweat bands on my wrists.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Yodzilla posted:

Noctis is just an empty shell that fell out of a how to draw manga book.

Source your quotes

Lucid Dream
Feb 4, 2003

That boy ain't right.
I rented a chocobo so I could get across this stupid loving bridge in Galdin Quay slightly faster (from the rental spot right next to the bridge) and they can't go on the bridge :v:

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Lucid Dream posted:

I rented a chocobo so I could get across this stupid loving bridge in Galdin Quay slightly faster (from the rental spot right next to the bridge) and they can't go on the bridge :v:

It's effective ludonarrative design to make you hate the character of dino gambino even more :eng101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

Yeah, listen. Literally just do not use the Regalia-F to travel places. There is one spot in the game you need to fly to reach, that's pretty much the only use case for it. They have made landing so stupid broken that you will almost 90% kill yourself if you try to use it to just get around.

• Locked thread