Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Rolo posted:

GRAND DAD?!

God that was funny, anyone got a link for it?

Here we go

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
It's not important enough for me to search heavily for, but a few months back in the cosplay thread, at some big con there was a guy dressed as GRAND DAD, complete with the Fred Flintstone star over his shoulder. It was incredible.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

I got you.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

FLEENTSTONES?

Did anybody else read that in Ren Hoek's voice?

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Yes but only because that's what my internal voice sounds like all the time.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Does anyone remember a PC bootleg of Street Fighter 2 from the mid-90s? I found it on a BBS or similar, it was absolutely abysmal and therefore had its own weird charm. Not sure if it was programmed from scratch or someone was trying to do some sprite swapouts or similar, but I remember it being pretty unplayable.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

EL BROMANCE posted:

Does anyone remember a PC bootleg of Street Fighter 2 from the mid-90s? I found it on a BBS or similar, it was absolutely abysmal and therefore had its own weird charm. Not sure if it was programmed from scratch or someone was trying to do some sprite swapouts or similar, but I remember it being pretty unplayable.

Are you perhaps thinking of "Super Fighter"?

Here's the Super Best Friends guys playing it, in fact any of their Saturday Morning Scrublords videos are great for seeing really bad fighting games.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3RAGJ9Hm30

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Even watching the intro for that says it's a far, far more polished endeavor than the monstrosity that I remember. Mine was definitely years earlier based on the web address being mentioned on that one, I'm guessing 93/94 or so. I'm sure there were multiple revisions of it floating about too, like most odd bootlegs of that era.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Pretty sure I found a later version of it, as this is a Hyper Fighting/Turbo branded one which mine wasn't. Sadly I can't get past the One Player / Two Player / Option screen, as I guess my MacBook doesn't have the equivalent key to what it's expecting. (Turns out this is sf2liu which is a further clone of sf2ibm which is what I had)

http://playdosgamesonline.com/street-fighter-2-sf2lui-clone.html

e: and a video of an earlier version, which still looks more revised than the one I had but still pretty bad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3reP6R28cM

And a bunch of info on it for those interested. Looks like he did the graphics using a SNES and a TV capture card which makes total sense - I was going to say it felt like they were scanned, even though that wouldn't be possible due to the source/animation etc.

http://www.retrogameforum.com/dos-win95/sf2ibm-unlicensed-dos-port-of-snes-street-fighter-2-t177.html

Someone put all the music for the various versions on YouTube and the ones for 1.25 are particularly excellent.

EL BROMANCE has a new favorite as of 08:03 on Nov 25, 2016

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Takoluka posted:

I got you.

Anime Weekend Atlanta, huh.

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

"Shepard."

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
"Wrex."

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

"My lovely horse?
Ah...
Sorry sugar, No ones called me that for a long time.
Not since....well not since amusing duck died."

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Rigged Death Trap posted:

My lovely horse
Staring through my soul
Where are you going
With your sparse locks glowing in the dark

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

"My lovely horse?
Ah...
Sorry sugar, No ones called me that for a long time.
Not since....well not since amusing duck died."

thank you for the morning chuckle, today will be a good day.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
https://twitter.com/Bootleg_Stuff/status/804336945220427776

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

There's a story behind that last one and I need to know what it is.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

There's a story behind that last one and I need to know what it is.

Jihadists use Mickey Mouse to indoctrinate children.

Hardcordion
Feb 5, 2008

BARK BARK BARK

Mall rides have to be one of my favorite sources of creepy bootlegs.

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling

No, Gadget, no!

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

This is actually the least bootleg thing in the thread since its officially licensced by a publisher in Egypt from disney since the 50s and that eventually got to draw its own in-house comic sometime in the 60s.

Hes saying:
"Thats not Apollo, Thats Princess [transcribed:] Narciss Tut"

Rigged Death Trap has a new favorite as of 18:15 on Dec 1, 2016

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

This is actually the least bootleg thing in the thread since its officially licensced by a publisher in Egypt from disney since the 50s and that eventually got to draw its own in-house comic sometime in the 60s.

Hes saying:
"Thats not Apollo, Thats Princess [transcribed:] Narciss Tut"

A lot of Americans probably don't even realize that the majority of Disney printed cartoons have been produced elsewhere.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Iwbn-s4ZZY

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Johnny Aztec posted:

Jihadists use Mickey Mouse to indoctrinate children.

They used to but then he died

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wiBwQ9fiho

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

In my old job I once came across a fantastic primary/early secondary school textbook from India. It was a foreign language conversation book - you may know the kind, they usually have kids learning the language as identification characters and they get into all sorts of everyday conversations. "Good morning, my name is so-and-so." "Excuse me, when does the next bus leave." And so on. Except where regular books have the kids go abroad, or visitors from abroad coming to their home country, this one had a wild mix of entirely unlicensed comic characters. No changes were made to the topics, nor any acknowledgements that these were fictional characters from their own stories. This meant you got conversations where the kids exchanged phone numbers with Mickey Mouse and Asterix, only to learn that Count Dracula didn't have a telephone.

I immediately showed it to everyone and regret to this day that I never set aside half an hour to scan the whole thing. It was one of the most absurd things I've ever seen.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

My Lovely Horse posted:

In my old job I once came across a fantastic primary/early secondary school textbook from India. It was a foreign language conversation book - you may know the kind, they usually have kids learning the language as identification characters and they get into all sorts of everyday conversations. "Good morning, my name is so-and-so." "Excuse me, when does the next bus leave." And so on. Except where regular books have the kids go abroad, or visitors from abroad coming to their home country, this one had a wild mix of entirely unlicensed comic characters. No changes were made to the topics, nor any acknowledgements that these were fictional characters from their own stories. This meant you got conversations where the kids exchanged phone numbers with Mickey Mouse and Asterix, only to learn that Count Dracula didn't have a telephone.

I immediately showed it to everyone and regret to this day that I never set aside half an hour to scan the whole thing. It was one of the most absurd things I've ever seen.

They do that in the US as well. [lex_luthor_stealing_someone's_toothbrush.jpg]

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
You know that new Pokemon gen 8 stuff with Alolan forms?

There's more!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Shai-Hulud
Jul 10, 2008

But it feels so right!
Lipstick Apathy

EorayMel posted:

You know that new Pokemon gen 8 stuff with Alolan forms?

There's more!

Is this that achewood thing I keep hearing so much about?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Shai-Hulud posted:

Is this that achewood thing I keep hearing so much about?

No it's Polhéman.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Jerry Cotton posted:

No it's Polhéman.

You must capture the complete set.

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

If men had uteruses they'd be called duderuses.
Found in a Thai market, in central Iowa.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I hope you bought it in celebration of Walt Disney's birthday today...

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

You must capture the complete set.

It behooves you to not leave any on the loose. Polhéman!

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
A governmental Consumer Affairs watchdog in Australia have released their annual list of banned Christmas toys which were deemed too unsafe to be made available to children. Pretty much most of them seem to be lovely Bootleg/Knockoff pieces of crap including "Future Star Loveable Duck", "Pokemon Go Car", "Sponge Bob Square Pants Car" and "Despicable Me 2 Rifle". They have a pdf file with photos of all the offending products which is pretty much a collection of toy mugshots. :v:

They rounded up all the haraam toys they found and executed them:

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

A governmental Consumer Affairs watchdog in Australia have released their annual list of banned Christmas toys which were deemed too unsafe to be made available to children. Pretty much most of them seem to be lovely Bootleg/Knockoff pieces of crap including "Future Star Loveable Duck", "Pokemon Go Car", "Sponge Bob Square Pants Car" and "Despicable Me 2 Rifle". They have a pdf file with photos of all the offending products which is pretty much a collection of toy mugshots. :v:

They rounded up all the haraam toys they found and executed them:

The Island of Misfit Toys' most wanted.

Edit: also, the green army tank on that list is awesome. Looks like it's from metal slug or something.

Tiberius Thyben has a new favorite as of 17:27 on Dec 7, 2016

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Jerry Cotton posted:

It behooves you to not leave any on the loose. Polhéman!

To make them my slaves is my strongest dream.

Munchables
Feb 8, 2015

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

I wish to excel the most
Unlike all past
To collect is the journey
Education is the passion

I ambulate through all regions
Inquisitive of the full breadth
All Polhemon have the knowledge
Inner energy

Polhemon, must collect
Us
It is the goal
Polhemon, we are acquainted
The globe must be save
Polhemon, must collect
Trustworthy organ
The bravery tugs

Mutual education
Polhemon, must collect
Must collect
Affirmative

All obstacles throughout
Shall deface bravest
Constant fighting
To acquire the zone

Follow along, the correct hour has come
There are no substitutes
Linked arms, we success
It is the dream

Polhemon, must collect
Us
It is the goal
Polhemon, we are acquainted
The globe must be save
Polhemon, must collect
Trustworthy organ
The bravery tugs

Mutual education
Polhemon, must collect
Must collect
Must collect
Must collect
Affirmative

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

https://twitter.com/AccordiAm/status/806715494514315265

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

that's rad, I want one, assuming it's not garbage quality. With Lepin's existence, it's no longer a guarantee than knockoff legos are poo poo trash for idiots, has anyone reviewed that thing?