Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

quote:

even tighter group of three of them they call "inamorata".

I don't need to read the rest to know this group is loving.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

My wife (41F) is obsessed with her friends as if she were a 13 year old. Me (45M).

quote:

Even at our wedding, I begged her not to get wasted. But after the wedding, she spent more time with the sisters drinking in their hotel room than in the nice suite with her new husband. Just as I wanted to make love to my wife, she passed out drunk in my face breathing foulness. I know that the wedding night is all about the bride, but drat, I was hurt and have never really recovered fully.

Isn't this totally normal? I've read a ton of stories from married people who said "Oh, we didn't even have sex on our wedding night because we were too tired/drunk."

He's held a grudge about this totally normal thing for his entire marriage.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

My wife (41F) is obsessed with her friends as if she were a 13 year old. Me (45M).

Jeez, just a get a divorce already.

The entire paragraph about the dog is funny though.

I Was The Fury
Oct 19, 2012

Always stop to smell the flowers, just in case they're weeds

WampaLord posted:

Isn't this totally normal? I've read a ton of stories from married people who said "Oh, we didn't even have sex on our wedding night because we were too tired/drunk."

I think in the vast majority of those cases, the bride and groom get drunk together

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Gaunab posted:

Jeez, just a get a divorce already.

The entire paragraph about the dog is funny though.
yeah I feel bad but I laughed at the middle-aged 200 lb woman getting drunk and "wrestling the dog"

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

WampaLord posted:

There's a vast difference in "we're too tired/drunk to gently caress on our wedding night" and "My wife is too drunk and tired to gently caress on our wedding night because she spent all night getting drunk and ignoring me"

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

WampaLord posted:

I think it's more of the fact of him specifically asking her to not do something she always does on their wedding night (getting shitfaced) and doing it anyways

It sounds like hed be happy with her splitting her time 90% friends and 10% him but he can't even get that

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4

Uhhh , I think its the alcoholism friend. Not the texting.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

yeah I feel bad but I laughed at the middle-aged 200 lb woman getting drunk and "wrestling the dog"

I've gone on the record to support wrestling a sibling, but I am against wrestling any animals that are not in your weight class.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Lone Goat posted:

I've gone on the record to support wrestling a sibling, but I am against wrestling any animals that are not in your weight class.

Can you imagine how confused this poor dog was as a sweaty fat woman with blue wine teeth started rolling it around the carpet?

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Dude should have left a long time ago, it sounds like this woman is a raging alcoholic and she's going to drive him to the poor house.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
his life sucks lol

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

wife is a) an alcoholic b) perpetually trapped in high school

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

lol

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Lone Goat posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSx14Rozd0c&t=92s

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Business Gorillas posted:

I think it's more of the fact of him specifically asking her to not do something she always does on their wedding night (getting shitfaced) and doing it anyways

Disregarding everything else about her, asking someone to not drink at their own wedding is ridiculous assuming they aren't pregnant. It's a celebration, bitches!

But she is an alcoholic and a terrible partner.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

:laffo:

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011
Lowtax banned me because he thought I was trolling by acting really stupid. I wasn't acting.

loquacius posted:

In response to people telling the 15F OP that she should tell everyone she can about her mom's visitation subscription plan:
:yikes:

Is this the same girl who says she won't lie about abuse?
It always upset me when genuinely good kids faced incredibly harsh/controlling parenting and that this wasn't abusive. (Maybe the harsh/controlling parenting is why they were such good kids? Meh.)

Who Is Paul Blart posted:

This is without a doubt the dumbest thing ever posted on these gay forums.

Give it time, I still post here.

Also there was that guy who said paying for sports stadiums was the same as paying for welfare/food stamps but that's a whole different kind of stupid.

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling

WampaLord posted:

Disregarding everything else about her, asking someone to not drink at their own wedding is ridiculous assuming they aren't pregnant. It's a celebration, bitches!

But she is an alcoholic and a terrible partner.

Yeah, you can drink without getting shitfaced drunk, which I think is what he was asking for.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Paying for stadiums is just a rich person subsidy, a time honored American tradition :911:

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Jenner posted:

Also there was that guy who said paying for sports stadiums was the same as paying for welfare/food stamps but that's a whole different kind of stupid.

Wait, what?

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Don't marry an alcoholic unless
A. You also are at least a borderline case
and
B. You never want kids.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Is this a breakup worthy offense or am I overreacting?

quote:

For some background: both 25, been together 2.5 years, lived together a bit less than a year.
Tonight where I live we had violent thunderstorms. My boyfriend is at Friday Night Magic (the most popular night for Magic players, from what I understand). I get anxious during storms but I wanted him to have fun so I was happy he was going. However midway through the storm, we lost power and it smelled like something was fried. I tried to call him for help but he ignored my calls and just texted: "Call emergency maintenance." I did so, but the number went straight to voicemail.
I texted him again saying I couldn't get through and would it be alright if he came home since I was sitting in darkness, and he said he would if he lost two matches. For some perspective, a match usually takes 45 minutes, and I have no car and nothing is in walking distance to the apartment. I pleaded with him to come home. Then I tried calling him to ask for help, and it went straight to voicemail. He had turned his phone off. :(

I got really upset, so I called another friend asking for help. He talked me through checking a circuit breaker, and I managed to get power back on (as you can see).
I have the strong desire to break up with my boyfriend over this. I have seen his friends leave wives alone in the hospital to go play Magic, and I feel like that will be my eventual fate if I stay with him. And for the record, he played in events last Saturday and Sunday, and then went to a draft Tuesday as well so it's not like he doesn't have time for his hobby. I wish he had at least given me the courtesy of stepping outside to calm me down.

I would appreciate any outside perspective on the situation. Do you think this is something that is worth breaking up over?
tl;dr. Boyfriend blows me off for Magic the Gathering when power goes out in the apartment and I have no way to get anywhere. Is this a breakup worthy offense?

Responses are pretty evenly split between he's an rear end, and that she needs to grow up. I'm somewhere in the middle, she needs to grow the gently caress up especially if where they live is prone to storms (it is, she clarified that in the comments) and learn how to flip a circuit breaker.
He is also a bit of a doucher, but his girlfriend is a total baby.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I can actually see both sides of this argument

like from her perspective he's all like "NO madame I will NOT help you, for I am BUSY with my MONEY-SINK CARD GAME and that is FINAL, good DAY harrumph"

and from his perspective she's all like "aaaaa heeeellllp, thunder is scaaaary, and the liiiights, they went oooout and I don't know what to dooooo, I'm mad that you're not basing your life around my inability to cope with simple and common inconveeeeniencessssss boo hoo hoo"

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Yeah she needs to learn about circuit breakers and poo poo, but now she knows for next time. What if it was just the breaker though, what if the whole neighborhood lost power or something and he is jsut like "nahh, children's card game". Dude has no sense of priorities and she needs to :sever:

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

loquacius posted:

and from his perspective she's all like "aaaaa heeeellllp, thunder is scaaaary, and the liiiights, they went oooout and I don't know what to dooooo, I'm mad that you're not basing your life around my inability to cope with simple and common inconveeeeniencessssss boo hoo hoo"

Are we completely sure she isn't actually a dog?

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

If the whole neighborhood lost power, how can him coming home help? He could have been nicer in texts and all, but the procedure (in my head) for the power going out is:
Step 1. Wait for the power to come back

Like I'm breathing deep and ignoring that he's playing magic and assuming it's whatever else he could be doing on a friday night, like out with his friends or whatever.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

An earnest and forthright explanation could probably solve this one, she needs to ask him to maybe be willing to sacrifice Magic Night under certain circumstances considering he does it like four nights a week and in exchange promise to try her best not to degenerate into a blubbering pile of goop when faced with something as terrifying as "weather"

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
Him coming home wouldn't have restored the power. Light a candle and read or go to bed if you lose power. She's a baby.

My dad lost power during our Christmas party last year. 50+ people, no power for hours. We all survived.

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

Nooner posted:

Dude has no sense of priorities and she needs to :sever:

duh he's a magic player

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

He could have compromised and gone home, picked her up, and let her come hang out at the Magic tournament where there's at least power.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Like I'm assuming if there were an actual emergency that he could help with, then he would come home. I dunno, maybe I'm projecting, I briefly dated a girl who was utterly incapable of dealing with the day to day reality of the universe as it exists, she'd panic at everything and like....it's exhausting.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
The whole story is pointless because who is right and who is wrong is a value judgement based on their personal dynamics.

Maybe she's one of those "how to adult???" folks who just never knows anything about anything despite being on this earth for 25 years. Those people are annoying and deservedly get brushed off sometimes. Maybe she's constantly hounding him for dumb poo poo she should be able to handle herself and he didn't want to deal with it right then.

Or maybe this is just a fluke, she's normally a responsible adult, and he's an overgrown manchild. Maybe he's never lending a helping hand and always just way too engrossed in a stupid card game while also spending 100% of his/their disposable income on it.

That info isn't in the story and frankly wouldn't be reliable without coming from a 3rd party anyway.

Meme Poker Party fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Dec 1, 2016

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

edit: quote is not edit

WampaLord posted:

He could have compromised and gone home, picked her up, and let her come hang out at the Magic tournament where there's at least power.

Or at least paid for an uber. :)

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

Like I'm assuming if there were an actual emergency that he could help with, then he would come home. I dunno, maybe I'm projecting, I briefly dated a girl who was utterly incapable of dealing with the day to day reality of the universe as it exists, she'd panic at everything and like....it's exhausting.

Yeah, there's literally nothing he could do for her. I'm assuming she could've driven somewhere?

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

On the other hand, this guy is a magic player. He should probably take care of his gal, before he gets sucked into the incel vortex of sadness.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Leon Einstein posted:

Yeah, there's literally nothing he could do for her. I'm assuming she could've driven somewhere?

"and I have no car and nothing is in walking distance to the apartment. "
"would it be alright if he came home since I was sitting in darkness,"

Apparently she doesn't know how to light candles or find a flashlight either.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I get him coming home wouldnt help bring back power if it really was out, but at least she wouldnt be alone freaking out, its more of a prioritizing moral support of your partner that you know is freaking out over playing cards

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Leon Einstein posted:

Him coming home wouldn't have restored the power. Light a candle and read or go to bed if you lose power. She's a baby.

My dad lost power during our Christmas party last year. 50+ people, no power for hours. We all survived.

Pretty much my perspective. I mean maybe he's spending too much time/money on his hobby, which is potentially a legit relationship issue, but he was also at a pre-arranged event where a) he'd made a time commitment of several hours and b) he was doing something that wasn't terribly conducive to being on the phone. In this case it was Magic: the Gathering, but there are lots of other hobbies and events that have similar time commitments and practical restrictions on phone access. Expecting him to drop everything for a non-emergency that he would either be completely unable to resolve or that she should have trivially been able to resolve on her own isn't really a reasonable expectation and is predicated on the assumption that his time/money/hobby is less important than being immediately available to assuage her anxiety over a minor inconvenience. I mean at worst she'd be unable to cook something for dinner, so just order takeout or text him and ask him to pick up something on his way back.