Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Neeksy posted:

It's more complicated to explain why it's hosed up than to go to the usual canard of "we have to outsource because we can't compete!" which sounds logical in its simplicity despite being intellectually dishonest and falls apart under scrutiny.

If critical thinking mattered then Trump would have lost. It's all about phrasing and sound bites now. Honesty and the truth don't matter if you can drown them in a bathtub filled with memes and fake news.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Mr. ellisons comments imply an age-old Jewish racial stereotype that they have control over the US government and for that it is our goal to torpedo him from being involved in the government

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

fits my needs posted:

If critical thinking mattered then Trump would have lost. It's all about phrasing and sound bites now. Honesty and the truth don't matter if you can drown them in a bathtub filled with memes and fake news.

Our parents didn't grow up in a clickbait world and now we're all hosed.

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Fulchrum posted:

She RUNS one of the worlds most respected charities.

No she doesn't. She's not even in the board of directors.

Serf
May 5, 2011

HannibalBarca posted:

what would you have HRC do right now, honestly? if I was a DNC decisionmaker, I wouldn't want her giving me a single drat shred of advice. or speaking.

not continuing her habit of hobnobbing with celebrities I guess. like her name is mud, and if I'd hosed up as badly as she just did but actually cared about the future success of the party I'd be fleeing as fast and as far as I could so that the Democrats can put distance between themselves and her. I'm talking Walter White cabin in the mountains poo poo

people kept seeing her on hikes and poo poo and that is how it should be

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

That DICK! posted:

Mr. ellisons comments imply an age-old Jewish racial stereotype that they have control over the US government and for that it is our goal to torpedo him from being involved in the government

You're an incredible loving idiot if you think that Aipac and pro Israel lobbies don't hold enormous influence in Washington and also in academia where they regularly go on witch hunts against academics critical of Israel including Jewish professors.

Israel and Judaism are not the same thing, get hosed if you think that's the case.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Al-Saqr posted:

You're an incredible loving idiot if you think that Aipac and pro Israel lobbies don't hold enormous influence in Washington and also in academia where they regularly go on witch hunts against academics critical of Israel including Jewish professors.

Israel and Judaism are not the same thing, get hosed if you think that's the case.

Dude you need to take a breath and re-read brother.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/KFILE/status/804460319301140480

:getin:

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

DaveWoo posted:

"I just wish Hillary would leave politics forever!!"

* a couple of weeks pass *

"Why isn't Hillary doing more political stuff??"

I don't mind that she does more political stuff but like...

first remove head from rear end? Make better judgment calls without all your professional hotbed of "consultants" on their bluetooths and ipads setting up trajectories out of raw data and thinktanks full of lame zingers and actually reach out to people? Your hubris and contempt is why we're here in the first place. And it kinda hurts that you have an ivory tower viewpoint here, Hillary. Yeesh~

Katy Perry is fun! But what about the Flint Water Crisis and Standing Rock?

bump_fn posted:

lol at people not getting that tweet i posted at all

look what you did

i hope ur happy now~ :ocelot::grin:

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Al-Saqr posted:

I know I was throwing around the "they" so sorry but yeah no poo poo

Was also being sarcastic, so not really sure what the point of objection is here

Well What Now
Nov 10, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Shredded Hen

Al-Saqr posted:

true but I bet a lot of bad poo poo would happen to the latter if what the rest of the middle east wants to happen to the former happened

that being said Israel should go gently caress themselves on general principle

Well What Now has issued a correction as of 00:11 on Dec 2, 2016

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

bump_fn posted:

lol at people not getting that tweet i posted at all

maybe if it said "the black eyed peas" they would understand.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Serf posted:

not continuing her habit of hobnobbing with celebrities I guess. like her name is mud, and if I'd hosed up as badly as she just did but actually cared about the future success of the party I'd be fleeing as fast and as far as I could so that the Democrats can put distance between themselves and her. I'm talking Walter White cabin in the mountains poo poo

people kept seeing her on hikes and poo poo and that is how it should be

This is getting really goddamn close to that guy in the primary who said Hillary needed to be stripped naked and forced to march on foot from one end of the US to the other while people were encouraged to hurl rotten meat and poo poo at her.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Well What Now posted:

true but I bet a lot of bad poo poo would happen to the latter if what the rest of the middle east wants to happen to the former happened

Lol yeah Palestinians being subjected to apartheid and not as equal citizens on their land, not being allowed a country of their own and not being treated like human beings and not being allowed to return to the homes they were kicked out of by a bunch of European racists is the exact same thing as the holocaust ok sweetie go back to eating your' I'm an idiot' pie.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Fulchrum posted:

This is getting really goddamn close to that guy in the primary who said Hillary needed to be stripped naked and forced to march on foot from one end of the US to the other while people were encouraged to hurl rotten meat and poo poo at her.

I mean, couldn't have hurt in retrospect

Serf
May 5, 2011

Fulchrum posted:

if I thought that doing that would help my party win, I'd do it

also as a counterpoint: you're fulchrum

e: to be clear what you said is insane and I am not asking for that to happen

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Al-Saqr posted:

Lol yeah Palestinians not being subjected to apartheid and as equal citizens on their land or having country of their own and being treated like human beings and being allowed to return to the homes they were kicked out of by a bunch of European racists is the exact same thing as the holocaust ok sweetie go back to eating your' I'm an idiot' pie.

Wow dude you are schlepping hard

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

That DICK! posted:

I mean, couldn't have hurt in retrospect

lol

whatever it takes man.

whatever

it

takes.

"U think this is a motherfucking game??? Watch me, I'll fkn do it"

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

im in favor of the one state solution................ actually im more in favor of the no state solution!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Al-Saqr posted:

It's really awesome how much Israel acts as an undermining force and gatekeeper for any progress in America. The ADL and people like them have destroyed more careers including Jewish ones than even a diehard antisemite could. All in device to a foreign apartheid state.

Also, shame on Keith for prostrating to those racist bullies.

by prostrating you mean saying he was disappointed in their statement and obviously disagrees with their assertion but yes of course they have every right to support who they want to like a sane human being would?

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

That DICK! posted:

Wow dude you are schlepping hard

Ok I'll stop arguing about this now, it's a detail.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Al-Saqr posted:

Lol yeah Palestinians not being subjected to apartheid and as equal citizens on their land or having country of their own and being treated like human beings and being allowed to return to the homes they were kicked out of by a bunch of European racists is the exact same thing as the holocaust ok sweetie go back to eating your' I'm an idiot' pie.

If the Arab monarchs of the surrounding countries actually cared about the Palestinians they would offer them citizenship and assistance to resettle, but when that can't be provided for the Syrian Umma fleeing from the butcher Assad,then it is hard to see Arab countries as caring much for their plight at all.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Fulchrum posted:

I dunno dude, "not immediately headlining celebrity events" seems pretty far from calling for her to go on a forced march of abuse and self-flagellation to me, especially if she's genuinely intending to retire from public life/politics.

e: I mean it's hard to be too mad because it probably did mean a lot to Katy Perry personally and she did do a lot of work for the Clinton campaign so its a reasonable way to pay back a prominent/popular/influential/rich supporter, but lol that sort of points to the problem doesn't it?

LGD has issued a correction as of 00:21 on Dec 2, 2016

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Serf posted:

if I thought that doing that would help my party win, I'd do it

also as a counterpoint: you're fulchrum

e: to be clear what you said is insane and I am not asking for that to happen

No, you're asking for her to be banished and to go live like a hermit, never to interact with another human being. That's totally a reasonable and sane thing.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Fulchrum posted:

No, you're asking for her to be banished and to go live like a hermit, never to interact with another human being. That's totally a reasonable and sane thing.

Wew, this projection is so hot. You sure you're not Bill Mitchelling on this business fam?

You do this so much, its absurd.

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Fulchrum posted:

No it's not fulchmech

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011

Fulchrum posted:

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011

fits my needs posted:

If the Arab monarchs of the surrounding countries actually cared about the Palestinians they would offer them citizenship and assistance to resettle, but when that can't be provided for the Syrian Umma fleeing from the butcher Assad,then it is hard to see Arab countries as caring much for their plight at all.

holy poo poo those people LIVED there and were ethnic cleansed out this is settled fact

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Fulchrum posted:

they're saying it's kinda tone deaf to go right from 'I lost, I'm going to do what I can from my position to fight but obviously I'm gonna step back after all that' to headlining a Katy Perry thing. Like, I don't give a poo poo about that stuff but it's really easy to see how someone could have issue with it other than wanting her to lock herself in a windowless room for all eternity as penance for her loss.

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

Fulchrum posted:

No one said this, maybe we remarked how shes perfectly living up to our expectations by loving off and not being a leader but it's definitely not what we prefer

Serf
May 5, 2011

Fulchrum posted:

could you point me to where I asked for her to be banished? because what I actually said was that hermitdom is what I'd like for her to do because that is what I would do. she doesn't have to do it lol, but she's only gonna hurt the new direction of the party, and if I felt I was that toxic to a cause I believed in I'd remove myself hardcore

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

hrc is political poison right now and nothing she says or does will help anyone, so might as well hobknob with katy perry

gently caress I would

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Serf posted:

could you point me to where I asked for her to be banished? because what I actually said was that hermitdom is what I'd like for her to do because that is what I would do. she doesn't have to do it lol, but she's only gonna hurt the new direction of the party, and if I felt I was that toxic to a cause I believed in I'd remove myself hardcore

It's Fulcrum, you're engaging him. He doesn't care about the rules, he sure as poo poo doesn't care about this statement, and he's not here to casualpost, he's here to rile you up and get you defensive like this.

Don't do it, just mock him and move on because he's so obvious at this, it's idiotic.

UHD posted:

hrc is political poison right now and nothing she says or does will help anyone, so might as well hobknob with katy perry

gently caress I would

what do u think her favorite katy perry song is, would've been the c-spammiest question to ask instead of this weird fight so im gonna ask that

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Lastgirl posted:

what do u think her favorite katy perry song is, would've been the c-spammiest question to ask instead of this weird fight so im gonna ask that

HRC posted:

“I have seen Katy's commitment to the causes she believes in firsthand,” she continued. “I've gotten to spend time with her and I know how deeply she cares about making our world a better place. She is serious about understanding the complex problems we face and pulling people together to solve them. We need champions like Katy now more than ever: her passion, her energy and, yes, her voice, louder than a lion.”

so Roar apparently

definitely not Dark Horse

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

UHD posted:

gently caress I would

Maybe just hang out, have some corn dogs.

You know, just chill.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Lastgirl posted:

It's Fulcrum, you're engaging him. He doesn't care about the rules, he sure as poo poo doesn't care about this statement, and he's not here to casualpost, he's here to rile you up and get you defensive like this.

Don't do it, just mock him and move on because he's so obvious at this, it's idiotic.

you're right, my bad

time for a beer

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Thoguh posted:

You know, just chill.

she did oversee one of the best/craziest college football weekends ever

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

LGD posted:

[url=http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/hillary-clinton-surprises-katy-perry-at-unicef-gala-951331]

so Roar apparently

definitely not Dark Horse

im certain its this one, but she would never admit it to anyone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5Sd5c4o9UM

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Thoguh posted:

You know, just chill.

thats more like it :thumbsup:

LGD posted:

so Roar apparently

i dont really listen to katy perry but i will check this song out namaste

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.
Roar is poo poo.

• Locked thread