Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fusion Restaurant
May 20, 2015

stump collector posted:

how could watching optic, america's canada's team win, be tough

Hey man they are smack dab in a suburb of Americas heartland.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:
I'm trying to set up an autoexec with useful settings, but I'm not sure what the checklist of commonly accepted things to add are.

At the moment I've done:

Full map radar
Crosshair
Buy binds
Grenade binds
Tracer fire off
Basic fps/tick stuff

There's a million guides for setting up autoexecs, but there's so many different recommendations for things to set that I'm not sure which to prioritize figuring out (the OP's suggestion of f keys for buys was v clear, but beyond that poo poo gets muddled).

Are there any obvious/good to have settings that I'm missing? I'm still complete garbage either way but I figure it'd be best to get used to this stuff now.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Tracers off? What the

yolandi
Jul 3, 2014

To the :c00l:
What are the commands for full map radar? I've tried a few but nothing seems to change, I must be missing something.

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"

foutre posted:

I'm trying to set up an autoexec with useful settings, but I'm not sure what the checklist of commonly accepted things to add are.

At the moment I've done:

Full map radar
Crosshair
Buy binds
Grenade binds
Tracer fire off
Basic fps/tick stuff

There's a million guides for setting up autoexecs, but there's so many different recommendations for things to set that I'm not sure which to prioritize figuring out (the OP's suggestion of f keys for buys was v clear, but beyond that poo poo gets muddled).

Are there any obvious/good to have settings that I'm missing? I'm still complete garbage either way but I figure it'd be best to get used to this stuff now.

Make sure you have a bind for voice_scale.

Bindtoggle X voice_scale 0.2 0.0001

Note that if you set one of them to 0, sometimes the voice audio fucks up until you restart, hence the 0.0001.

I also have a net_graph bind that keeps it on only when I press TAB to check the score.

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

Why would you turn tracers off? that's free kills through smoke you're throwing away!

yolandi posted:

What are the commands for full map radar? I've tried a few but nothing seems to change, I must be missing something.

http://www.tobyscs.com/csgo-radar-settings/

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
Maybe he means first person tracers?

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

But even then disabling them doesn't make any sense because they actually follow the spray pattern now and are not simply random effects. Crucial for those negev buys lmao

I hope FaZe beats VP, this game on Newke should be good

New Zealand can eat me fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Dec 1, 2016

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Fusion Restaurant posted:

Hey man they are smack dab in a suburb of Americas heartland.

Literally my neighbor :)

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

JK FaZe is loving worthless this game. Worst decision making and communication ever

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Rip Faze

fart_man_69
May 18, 2009
Watching Faze play Nuke is pissing me off. They are so loving bad.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

faze was never alive

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!
My OpTic/FaZe meme dream match is slipping away

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Maikelele was the problem...no, wait, fox...no, wait, kioshima...no, wait, jkaem...no, wait...:shepicide:

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

At least Optic/VP will be good

E: eh FaZe actually stepped it up towards the end of that half, maybe their CT will be better

New Zealand can eat me fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Dec 1, 2016

CLARPUS
Apr 3, 2008
Seeing that.
Seeing as.

Apparently you can rank up if a match ends in a tie. I am now a silver elite master at counter strike which is perhaps the most oxymoronic and moronic thing I've ever been.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Faze got their poo poo together.

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

VP Is 4/5 on Cache, FaZe is 6/10

Final map should be better than the first one and a half have been

CLARPUS posted:

Apparently you can rank up if a match ends in a tie. I am now a silver elite master at counter strike which is perhaps the most oxymoronic and moronic thing I've ever been.

Played a game where someone ranked up from LEM to SMFC on 15/15. Seems it's more about not losing after having repeated success than anything else

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe

Famethrowa posted:

faze was never alive

Go to their house and train and carry me to an AK badge.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

New Zealand can eat me posted:

Played a game where someone ranked up from LEM to SMFC on 15/15. Seems it's more about not losing after having repeated success than anything else

Yeah, it seems that as long as you contribute to a tie with good rounds you gain good amounts of elo.

sterster posted:

Go to their house and train and carry me to an AK badge.

I already do and it hasn't helped me

stump collector
May 28, 2007

symbolic posted:

Maikelele was the problem...no, wait, fox...no, wait, kioshima...no, wait, jkaem...no, wait...:shepicide:

you were the problem

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

What the gently caress is ADR? Aim Down Reticle?

stump collector
May 28, 2007
average damage per round

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Thanks. I do this more than get kills. Im not a slayer, but more support than anything. I love counter sniping with AKs.

Probably gonna get that new M4A1-S and try silenced for a bit. I'm streaky af with unsilenced M4

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!
Bust out the Doritos and Dew boys, FaZe vs OpTic is a reality. :pcgaming:

I hope it's AUG/SG553/noscope snipers exclusively

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

ArmZ posted:

didn't we know about the possibility of gloves a long time ago? wasn't there a code change or something that someone found in one of the updates?

I'm also wondering if they released the gloves early because graffiti isn't as profitable as they would have liked.

was probated so i couldnt chime in with this on release but, yeah, why are you guys so surprised.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Famethrowa posted:

the ump is better then an ak

Ahh, those were the days *harp sound as i remember the insane hosed up idiot who melt down over a guy copypasting "ump good" and then made a video about me*

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

canoshiz posted:

a likely scenario if dignitas hadn't dropped out

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

canoshiz posted:

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Coldzera just won esports player of the year at the video game awards, he beat out Faker.

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

Holy poo poo FaZe WON?!

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:

But even then disabling them doesn't make any sense because they actually follow the spray pattern now and are not simply random effects. Crucial for those negev buys lmao

I hope FaZe beats VP, this game on Newke should be good

Yeah I meant 1st person, I guess the tutorials I used were outdated on that one, they made them seem useless. Guess I'll take that part out and start buying Negevs more. And like, seeing where my spray goes when I run around wildly with my AK 47 and get mad when I miss.

Audax posted:

Make sure you have a bind for voice_scale.

Bindtoggle X voice_scale 0.2 0.0001

Note that if you set one of them to 0, sometimes the voice audio fucks up until you restart, hence the 0.0001.

I also have a net_graph bind that keeps it on only when I press TAB to check the score.

Ooh, both good ideas, I'll add those for sure, thanks.

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe

Photex posted:

Coldzera just won esports player of the year at the video game awards, he beat out Faker.

Saw this and they didn't even play the MLG columbus 4k clip.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

stump collector posted:

you were the problem
Actually perhaps there was no problem. :smuggo:

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
I really do love the Krieg's sound now. Even though it's not the best gun to buy, it at least sounds cool if you're gonna mess around.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

symbolic posted:

faze and astralis started playingwell at the same time, what pact did you make with the devil

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

stump collector posted:

faze and astralis started playingwell at the same time, what pact did you make with the devil
That they won't get out of groups at the major. :negative:

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

symbolic posted:

someone posted this in the bad place and it just cracked me up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yolandi
Jul 3, 2014

To the :c00l:

Why would you turn tracers off? that's free kills through smoke you're throwing away!

http://www.tobyscs.com/csgo-radar-settings/

I put those in my autoexec but nothing changed.