Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

flashy_mcflash posted:

Would they give Veda a look now that she's out of ROH?

why, tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Veda is not a very good worker but I guess they could hire her to do interviews or be a manager or something.

Despite her flaws as a worker I could see some value in having a woman in NXT who could actually cut a promo.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

As much of an established name as anyone else proposed for the tournament. Call her the Tyson Dux of the ladygraps invitational.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
Blue Pants for the nostalgia pop

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Super No Vacancy posted:

Kay Lee Ray could benefit from a repackage by the wwe team but in terms of pure ring work she's absolutely top tier. would not at all mind seeing her work with charlotte

I thought KLR came across as one of the true stars of ICW's Fear & Loathing this year.

flashy_mcflash posted:

Would they give Veda a look now that she's out of ROH?

sportsgenius86 posted:

Veda is not a very good worker but I guess they could hire her to do interviews or be a manager or something.

Despite her flaws as a worker I could see some value in having a woman in NXT who could actually cut a promo.

Veda is a poor worker but improved a lot in the last year by eliminating a lot of moves she couldn't really do and focusing more on strikes. I like her personality or a talker.

If Lagana was still in TNA I think she would get more than a shot there. NXT wise no clue.

beggar posted:

Blue Pants for the nostalgia pop

Tomorrow is the one year anniversary of people telling me this wasn't a write off/burial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pzfx87iEeS8

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

rovert posted:

Jinny got the feedback she's too green. Which is true as she barely wrestles relative to her peers. They WILL have another look at her sooner than later.

Probably true. She's got a few big moves, but her transitions, selling etc aren't great. She has a great personality for the business and would get over day one if allowed to do her thing.

As far as Veda Scott goes, I love her as a character, or even an announcer, but I don't need to see her in the ring.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Norwegian Rudo posted:

Probably true. She's got a few big moves, but her transitions, selling etc aren't great. She has a great personality for the business and would get over day one if allowed to do her thing.

She does "show up" in ring wise when she works PROGRESS but she had a meltdown match at one of Rev Pro Cockpit shows in the Summer that revealed where she is really in the ring or without rehearsing at the Projo. But her look and personality are made for TV. Another Alexa Bliss tier performer.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

sportsgenius86 posted:

I saw Veda vs LuFisto from a Beyond show last month and I thought Veda looked fine.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sf9O-qfKZWs

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

abraham linksys posted:

jesus the Authors of Pain nearly murdered two jobbers (warning: gross)

http://www.sescoops.com/video-botched-spot-nxt-tapings-11-30-2016/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61xaEaMqRno&t=3m37s

sportsgenius86 posted:

Out of all "Bullet" Bob Armstrong's sons, Brian Armstrong was clearly the least talented worker of the bunch. And yet he was the most successful of them all as Road Dogg. Charisma goes a long way in this business, and is probably more valued than working ability in the WWE.

Davros1 fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Dec 2, 2016

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

I'm driving with my mind!
It's a travesty how underutilized Brad Armstrong was.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

tbh the main event of Takeover Orlando should be Revival vs #DIY in a street fight or bunkhouse brawl or whatever they want to call it

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
Honestly, if Veda ever got hired by WWE, it probably wouldn't be as a wrestler.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

oatgan posted:

tbh the main event of Takeover Orlando should be Revival vs #DIY in a street fight or bunkhouse brawl or whatever they want to call it

San Antonio, you mean, or do you want that held off until April?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

DM Punk posted:

Honestly, if Veda ever got hired by WWE, it probably wouldn't be as a wrestler.

She's an infinity times better than Eve Marie. And who was the one who yelled at the ref to count the pin when her opponent was face down on the mat?

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Cameron has been gone for awhile now.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Basic Chunnel posted:

Cameron has been gone for awhile now.

And I have to go as far as to say Cameron may be the worst wrestler I have ever seen in my lifetime and that goes for male and female.

That TNA match solidified it for me. I don't have a clue how any wrestling promotion would want that.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Are you sure you're not referring to Eden Styles / Brandi Rhodes

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me
He must be talking about Brandi Rhodes. Cameron hasn't wrestled for TNA as far as I know and Brandi didn't wrestle for WWE. I think its too early to declare brandi the worst since she's still super green. Maybe if she hasn't shown any improvement a year from now.

Also, David Flair is the worst wrestler ever

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Yeah, I think Cameron left wrestling to go back to modeling or whatever she was doing before Tough Enough.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Basic Chunnel posted:

Are you sure you're not referring to Eden Styles / Brandi Rhodes

Oh drat. That's the one. Sorry.

The Cameron leg drop thing was hilarious too though. Thanks for the correction.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

I think my favorite part of this is Naomi raising her head at the end like "what the gently caress are you doing"

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Benne posted:

I think my favorite part of this is Naomi raising her head at the end like "what the gently caress are you doing"

My favorite part is that Naomi starts in the correct position for the legdrop to actually be a pin. Cameron made the decision to roll her over.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

That's actually a decent finisher too, if she actually did it right.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Gaz-L posted:

San Antonio, you mean, or do you want that held off until April?

April. AOP earned their shot and should get it and allow time for Revival and DIY to get a lot more violent

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Surely the Authors of Pain need to wrestle TM61 for another six or eight months exclusively. I mean thats how nxt feuds work now.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Didn't Cameron later try to pretend she was being a "trendsetter" by pinning Naomi wrong?

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

AMReese posted:

It's a travesty how underutilized Brad Armstrong was.

he would have likely been better utilized if he ever showed more charisma than a blank piece of paper

TheHock
Jul 3, 2008

I have altered my retirement plans. Pray I do not alter them any further.
Seeing Nicole Matthews on NXT gives me heart that they'd give her a look again. She and Veda had a try out a couple years ago, and both of them have basically plateaued as Indy performers. Neither are typical WWE talent, but both can talk and work a decent enough match. Evie and Nixon are surefire lockdowns for getting contracts.

Dave Prazak has been on suicide watch on Facebook lately, posting a lot of depressing stuff about where Shimmer is at financially and talent-wise, so it sounds like WWE might be raiding more than a few people from that roster.

As far as Joshi talent that should be in the tournament, Hikaru Shida would be a pretty good pickup. I don't know what Io Shirai's status with Asuka is but she would be a good "name" to bring in from Japan.

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

I'm driving with my mind!

Aye Doc posted:

he would have likely been better utilized if he ever showed more charisma than a blank piece of paper
Hey, they could have hid that fact

just rust
Oct 23, 2012

How long until Asuka beats Goldberg's streak? (And then Goldberg loses his last match to Asuka at Mania)

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I burned out years ago on SHIMMER when they would do 8 shows in a week and the DVDs wouldn't come out for 7 months, it was really hard to keep up with them and they started to lose their momentum as the women's super-indy when AIW was putting on their annual Girls Night Out that was better than most of the SHIMMER shows.

On the same side there seems to be a lot less women in the indies that are really at that level to make me go out and buy DVDs. I remember when Sara Del Ray and Kana were headlining both CHIKARA and SHIMMER the same week and it felt like the peak for women's wrestling in the US. Most of the bigger names have either retired or been signed now.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

just rust posted:

How long until Asuka beats Goldberg's streak? (And then Goldberg loses his last match to Asuka at Mania)

I did a quick count of singles matches on ProfightDB and she's around 104-0

Genericide
Jan 20, 2004

Nakamura won the NXT title in Japan.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

well it was a good run while it lasted

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Genericide posted:

Nakamura won the NXT title in Japan.

I figured they would be showing excerpts on WWE.com or something but apparently the full match will be screened on the next NXT episode.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

HHH said he preferred 50/50 booking, after all

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

TheHock posted:

I don't know what Io Shirai's status with Asuka is but she would be a good "name" to bring in from Japan.

WWE has supposedly offered Io a contract and she wants to sign with them. Nakamura is also pushing for WWE to sign Kairi Hojo. She's not sure if she's going to sign, though. Stardom is trying to get her to stay by claiming they'll build the brand around her. I can understand why, because without Io and Kairi, Stardom will be in deep trouble. We'll see, I guess.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Interested if their relatively buzzworthy appearances on Lucha Underground will renew or heighten WWE's interest. Or even create interest in Mayu Iwatani the third one of the trio.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

AMReese posted:

Hey, they could have hid that fact

they did!

my good, look at how good brian pillman was. he even made badstreet seem good for six and a half minutes. this is the only match of armstrong's i've seen where he shows any charisma. the mask is hiding his completely dead, empty face that makes all of his actions look like a robot programmed to wrestle

• Locked thread