Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president

Hugh G. Rectum posted:

I thought the burst fire mod would be cool but it totally fucks me up. I usually quickly tap ADS before every shot with the 40mm for the extra accuracy while staying mobile (old TF1 habit) and the burst adds a delay which totally fucks it up. Unusable. Reinforced particle wall or critical hit 2x lock-ons.

yeah same thing happened to me. didnt even realize i did it but i tried the new kit and my rhythm was just completely off. this was my first match after the patch so i was scared for a few minutes that they had lowered tones rof as a rebalance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
I've been using Northstar because I always set the titan to autopilot and hope it gets kills/die quick enough for me to get my next dice roll boost.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
Why is everyone experience ~NEGATIVE HUMAN EMOTION~, all is well within the tone-scape.

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
gently caress tone, scorch for life, ur all poo poo

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

veni veni veni posted:

What the gently caress did they do to the MGL and fire star. They are both so ridiculous now.

The MGL was always good though.

Anyways, ran into a hacker tonight who was flying around the map with Legion's gun and Ion's shield as a pilot.. Reported him but I was only able to get shadowplay running for a few seconds before the match ended.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

It does so much damage now though.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
Congratulations to Titanfall 2 for winning the game of the year (of my heart).

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Sidewinder + Wingman Elite + Firestar is a really fun loadout. You use the Elite as your primary and the Sidewinder for close quarters and anti-Titan; it's kind of crazy how good it is at that, I was farming up new titans as fast as I could recklessly break them. Firestar for extra titan annoyance

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Fuligin posted:

Sidewinder + Wingman Elite + Firestar is a really fun loadout. You use the Elite as your primary and the Sidewinder for close quarters and anti-Titan; it's kind of crazy how good it is at that, I was farming up new titans as fast as I could recklessly break them. Firestar for extra titan annoyance
This is pretty much the loadout I've been using for the past two or so days as I've been leveling pistols. Might swap out the firestar for satchels though because satchels are awesome.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
If Volt is nerfed I didn't notice a difference because it still owns.

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest

C.M. Kruger posted:

The MGL was always good though.

Anyways, ran into a hacker tonight who was flying around the map with Legion's gun and Ion's shield as a pilot.. Reported him but I was only able to get shadowplay running for a few seconds before the match ended.

make this a boost because it looks loving hilarious

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

a real chump posted:

Sup scorch buddy

I love the fact that ronin is the new hotness cause putting up that fire shield melts them. Then dash back if they have nuke eject.

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer
loving finally:

50 executions is a pain in the rear end but im finally done :worship:

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

Antoine Silvere posted:

loving finally:

50 executions is a pain in the rear end but im finally done :worship:

Jesus is that where you disappeared to?

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

Wazzit posted:

Would really like to see more Phase Shift gameplay clips in this thread, Hackan's clip is the only one I've seen in the last 50 or so pages. I mean, there are a lot of phase shift experts in here right?
This is how I end up using phase shift 99% of the time:
https://giant.gfycat.com/UnevenParchedCaimanlizard.mp4
I know there's no way I can kill more than 1 or 2 guys before they kill me so I just phase out, reload, then go back in. Basically it's a "get out of poo poo situation free" card.

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

a real chump posted:

Amen. Never stop clumping up enemy teams. Ever. Always worth taking those long detours around the map. :supaburn:

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

limited posted:

Amen. Never stop clumping up enemy teams. Ever. Always worth taking those long detours around the map. :supaburn:

Northstar forever

https://giant.gfycat.com/IdealSelfassuredBoutu.mp4

:hellyeah:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
I never get tired of sniping ejecting Pilots out the air. Don't always manage it, but damned if I won't aim up and take a potshot or two.

Pyswagoras
Oct 4, 2013
Checking in for Team Scorch

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
having pretty much devoured all of frothyomens vids the past couple of nights, is there anything else that's similar? not so much a collection of sick kills or whatever but a real sort of breakdown of what's going on in their mind while they're playing etc

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

I really like the shotgun

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

quite stretched out posted:

having pretty much devoured all of frothyomens vids the past couple of nights, is there anything else that's similar? not so much a collection of sick kills or whatever but a real sort of breakdown of what's going on in their mind while they're playing etc

Gamesager mostly uploads killing sprees but he does have some informative stuff too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8eOoO8w1_k&hd=1

Hugh G. Rectum fucked around with this message at 12:38 on Dec 2, 2016

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Hugh G. Rectum posted:

Basically it's a "get out of poo poo situation free" card.

That's usually what it winds up being and it's not bad at that or anything. Most of my problems stem from not being able to flip a 180 like that and spend the phase time running the other way, so either they see a curving trail and follow or the trail goes straight towards them and they back up. Check your PC privilege!

Speaking of which, where the hell is my free weekend of PC privilege, EA? I installed Origin for this poo poo. :/

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Mailer posted:

That's usually what it winds up being and it's not bad at that or anything. Most of my problems stem from not being able to flip a 180 like that and spend the phase time running the other way, so either they see a curving trail and follow or the trail goes straight towards them and they back up. Check your PC privilege!

Speaking of which, where the hell is my free weekend of PC privilege, EA? I installed Origin for this poo poo. :/

Starts in a couple of hours, apparently.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore
I took this clip of an enemy phase shifting because of the uncertainty of whether there's a trail while shifted.

It looks to me that there's no trail while shifted, there's a small trail when you unshift, and some sparkles stay for a bit in the area you first shift.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Hackan%20Slash/video/24114564

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Hackan Slash posted:

I took this clip of an enemy phase shifting because of the uncertainty of whether there's a trail while shifted.

It looks to me that there's no trail while shifted, there's a small trail when you unshift, and some sparkles stay for a bit in the area you first shift.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Hackan%20Slash/video/24114564

When you Shift, there's a scattering of sparkles in the direction you were headed. A good way to keep a bead on a Ronin is to back off and guess at where he'll likely pop out again.

krursk
Sep 11, 2001

Your anguish sustains me.

ZenVulgarity posted:

I really like the shotgun

It goes so good with stim. On ps4 with good movement skills it's just a rapestick.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Cmon, man. :(

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

Neddy Seagoon posted:

When you Shift, there's a scattering of sparkles in the direction you were headed. A good way to keep a bead on a Ronin is to back off and guess at where he'll likely pop out again.

Ronin is way more predictable though because he pretty much only goes in a straight line.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Hackan Slash posted:

You can sort of see it start at 18 seconds but your gun covered it up. I don't have any video (nor do I even know how to pull/edit video from xbone) but I've seen through multiple killcams my sparkles trailing after a phase and once you see that it's trivial to make sure they're in your view when popping out. It's still useful in long-range camping battles where you can fall off the roof or when you're half a second away from cover, but as you saw when someone has momentum you can just back up and nail them.

Polish Avenger
Feb 13, 2007
has an invalid opinion.
More Tone bitching. Particle Wall is really dumb. It makes every long range poke fight boring because everyone has to have one or you lose. Whenever I'm on Tone (I'm bad I need the help) and me and the enemy Tone drop our particle walls together, I just leave the match.

It would be really funny to gently caress around behind your particle wall when your opponent is behind his too. Do something like hop out of your Titan and throw arc grenades or thunderbolts, hope we get a rest animation like Overwatch and use that while you wait for Pwall stalemate to end. I feel like it's only possible there's a marginal advantage sometimes to shooting the particle wall as opposed to waiting it out.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Turn around and harass some other titans :v:

nah thanks
Jun 18, 2004

Take me out.
So is anyone having trouble buying cosmetics from the store on Xbox One? I tried to snag the Ronin pack to support Respawn, and selecting "Buy" doesn't do anything.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Polish Avenger posted:

More Tone bitching. Particle Wall is really dumb. It makes every long range poke fight boring because everyone has to have one or you lose. Whenever I'm on Tone (I'm bad I need the help) and me and the enemy Tone drop our particle walls together, I just leave the match.

lol

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

All I had to do was stay up until 02:00 and the Titanfall 2 trial is available for download on OrigJUST KIDDING it's currently broken and demands a code.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Yeah tried to get the trial but it demands a product code for a demo LOL.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Polish Avenger posted:

Whenever I'm on Tone (I'm bad I need the help) and me and the enemy Tone drop our particle walls together, I just leave the match.
jesus christ

Polish Avenger
Feb 13, 2007
has an invalid opinion.

Cat Machine posted:

jesus christ

OK I'm exaggerating here but it might be the worst part of the game right now. If you're in a tight space, like on Crash Site or Complex, the fight just stops until the walls expire. It's so boring.

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

I really hope he meant "I leave that particular confrontation and go somewhere else on the map" instead of the world's dumbest rage quit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Polish Avenger posted:

OK I'm exaggerating here but it might be the worst part of the game right now. If you're in a tight space, like on Crash Site or Complex, the fight just stops until the walls expire. It's so boring.
this is a problem entirely of your own making, there are other titans in the game