Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
Got 96 Gear things from a clear of ELT, Trust Moogle goes for 30k/70k. Hahahah, Gumi, you are hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)

Something is just simply wrong with MEmu for me, since I can't even log into Google services from it either. So something broke and I have no idea what. "Google Play Services has stopped" is just getting spammed over and over as well.

and any time I minimize the game, it crashes and the error of "Launcher3 has stopped" happens. So yeah, something went wrong with MEmu for me

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Mischalaniouse posted:

Got 96 Gear things from a clear of ELT, Trust Moogle goes for 30k/70k. Hahahah, Gumi, you are hilarious.

Yeah I just noticed some poo poo was up with that. Even with the unit bonus you get really, really underwhelming amounts of gears. At least sacred crystals drop :shepface:

Blorknorg
Jul 19, 2003
Crush me like a Blorknorg!

Nuebot posted:

Yeah I just noticed some poo poo was up with that. Even with the unit bonus you get really, really underwhelming amounts of gears. At least sacred crystals drop :shepface:

Maybe they'll introduce a thing next week like the Halloween event?

Edit: a boss that is a much higher difficulty with a much higher event currency yield. Sorry, kind of tired.

Blorknorg fucked around with this message at 09:33 on Dec 2, 2016

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
Ah, this week in Arena. No black magic. gently caress you too Gumi.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
No Vanille, but I got Snows. Yay. This will make up for never getting Gaffgarion. TM FARM AHOY.

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
I pulled a Sazh, should I put him up as my friend leader for bonuses even though he's level 1?

rio
Mar 20, 2008

Mischalaniouse posted:

I pulled a Sazh, should I put him up as my friend leader for bonuses even though he's level 1?

I also got Sazh, on my half pull. Is he worth leveling at all?

In other news I now 6 starred my Elza and she is up to level 70. Such a big damage boost with 5 vs 6 stars.

Also it sucks that there is no black magic in the arena this week but my team is Elza, Faris, CoD, Lenna and Exdeath so I guess losing damage from just one character won't gently caress me too hard. I don't really have anything else to sub in for Exdeath though since I have been focusing on just leveling my A team.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

(and beating the dragon)

Mischalaniouse posted:

Ah, this week in Arena. No black magic. gently caress you too Gumi.

They are trying their damned hardest to effectively make people quit the game aren't they?
Oh well at least its Just Luneth again who's insta GG instead of Lightning. Luneth can actually die. Also at least BOO! works, so my Rydia has something to do. Also Earthshaker still works since its not actually black magic, so Void Tree remains king so to speak.

anyways update. Reinstalled Memu and had to do everything again, but data recovered and can now do things again.

Shoenin fucked around with this message at 10:10 on Dec 2, 2016

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

rio posted:

I also got Sazh, on my half pull. Is he worth leveling at all?

In other news I now 6 starred my Elza and she is up to level 70. Such a big damage boost with 5 vs 6 stars.

Also it sucks that there is no black magic in the arena this week but my team is Elza, Faris, CoD, Lenna and Exdeath so I guess losing damage from just one character won't gently caress me too hard. I don't really have anything else to sub in for Exdeath though since I have been focusing on just leveling my A team.

Exdeath can still Wicked Light for a single hit 999, it's better than nothing?

Also, Arena this week is great, because I get to have a probably actually immortal Refia:

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Hooray, I can heal in Arena again! And i don't have to sit through 5 hours of Cecil barraging my team ineffectively.

Event currency drop rate sucks, but ELT is dropping 0-3 Megacites and/or a Sacred Crystal/Holy Crystal per run which is enticing. And it's easy as all hell so maybe I'll cart around an underleveled FFXIII friend lead.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

(and beating the dragon)
Yeah ELT is pretty easy. Only real danger is the behemoth since he can wreck faces if your not careful.

But if you got a Whalebuddy you can cart around 2-3 FF13 mooks for the gears. Its still tedious and stupid as hell though

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

(and beating the dragon)
Oh poo poo Gumi realizes they hosed up with the December Arena, so they gave everyone Novembers top prize for compensation.

That's dope.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

Shoenin posted:

Oh poo poo Gumi realizes they hosed up with the December Arena, so they gave everyone Novembers top prize for compensation.

That's dope.

They also deleted December 1st from the Monthly rankings; removing any rating advantage refreshers got.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

(and beating the dragon)
Thats fine and fair.

We got Tough pots out of it. Fair.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
This arena restriction is killing me. Everyone pointed out the lack of black magic, but the other condition means no Barrage, Cleansing Strike, etc...

I've been forced to field a team of CoD, Cecil, Agrias, Firion and a level 50 6* Bartz. It's tedious as hell Lancing all their healers' MP before wearing them down with Darkside and Call of the Void. I'm thinking of replacing Bartz with Lenna for now, and give her BioBlaster.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Nuebot posted:

Worth noting that based on the last two events, we can codify "unit bonuses" as such:

BASE 3* UNITS (Sazh, Hope): +50% event dosh :saddowns:
BASE 4* UNITS (Karl, Tillith, Snow): +75% event dosh :geno:
BASE 5* UNITS (Elza, Maxwell, Lightning if they actually give her a boost next week): +100% event dosh. :retrogames:

Considering the gear yields are half of what BF's karma yields were (Appx. 100 per 13 EN, with rare cactuars for 500) it's honestly not even worth considering grinding this event for anything but maybe awakening materials, recipe ingredients, and gigantuars.

gently caress, I may not even grab the summon tickets at this rate.

KataraniSword fucked around with this message at 11:28 on Dec 2, 2016

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

KataraniSword posted:

Considering the gear yields are half of what BF's karma yields were (Appx. 100 per 13 EN, with rare cactuars for 500) it's honestly not even worth considering grinding this event for anything but maybe awakening materials, recipe ingredients, and gigantuars.

gently caress, I may not even grab the summon tickets at this rate.

Also factoring in that ELT is kind of poo poo. Even the BF dungeon was easy as hell to clear unless you were doing maxwell. So even if you didn't have a bonus unit, grinding it wasn't an impossible task. ELT in this is just miserable, the units have solid chunks of health so if you don't have a decent team you're not going to be having fun, any non-6* unit I bring to the match just gets instantly nuked with the first hit they take because the bosses also do a poo poo ton of damage and like one or two of them self buff if you can't wreck them in one turn. All for a payout of like 146 gears if you didn't get Snow.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
On the bright side, the event does drop some useful poo poo like Megacites and Sacred Crystals.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
These Lapis deals for the event... Very not worth it right? Also the Snow deal is 6 days long so that all but confirms there'll be more characters added to the banner in that timeframe.

Kuai
May 25, 2004
Can you pull Lightning from this event? I'm assuming no as she isn't on the banner.

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*

Kuai posted:

Can you pull Lightning from this event? I'm assuming no as she isn't on the banner.

Nope, and she doesn't provide a bonus to drops for the event either.

Trilin
Dec 15, 2009

Ah! There he is!

Kuai posted:

You could, but the chances are very small. Most characters (aka all except those explicitly stated as limited time only) will remain permanently in the character pool.

Incidentally, I rage pulled trying to get a boosted character for the lovely event.
Daily -> Garland : Boo, already had 2 from off-banner.
Rage pull! -> Xiao : Cool, first
Rage pull! -> Rakshasa : worst rare character in the game
Rage pull! -> Gold crystal! Was pretty excited already but then it turned into a Rainbow crystal and I practically fell out of my chair in horror/excitement. Since no 5* base is featured, the chances of it becoming something poo poo was pretty high...
GILGAMESH

My first 5* base character, and I can finally stop bitching about not having one now.
Still don't have a boosted character though. :shrug:

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

Trilin posted:

My first 5* base character, and I can finally stop bitching about not having one now.

Don't you worry mate I got you covered. Haven't seen a single rainbow since I started over 3 months ago. And I play and pull DAILY.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!
Look for the RNG to randomly spawn Metal Gigantaurs into the round that drop lots of gears. It's the same poo poo as the BF event...

:smith:

I put my lovely Sazh up as my companion, and I encourage everyone to do the same if you get one. Here we go again...
:suicide:

Lightning has to be on banner next week, so save your whaling till then. She has an exclusive materia in the King Mog store. My hope is that they will turn on her bonus at that time...but this is Gumi we are talking about.... :argh:

Took me 3 tickets and a 1/2 pull to get Sazh, and I'm done with this banner. I'll 1/2 pull all week, but that's it. I'll grind this crap, but I'm not going to bother with any Lapis NRG refreshes till I see what next week brings.

Cartoon Man fucked around with this message at 12:54 on Dec 2, 2016

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
So basically the only way you're farming this event is if you were lucky whale enough to have pulled at least TWO 5 star base DPS units.

I was fine with the BE one because I managed to pull 3 of the bonus units in my quest for Luneth, this poo poo is ridiculous though. The payout on event currency is such garbage and there's no way I can handle farming this consistently without bringing a 6*100 friend unit. What a bunch of garbage.

So I did an 11-pull to see if I could at least get 2 of the event units and pulled a Zidane. Guess the gods are speaking to me and I'll be TM farming him instead of running this stupid event.

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

PaybackJack posted:

I'll be TM farming him instead of running this stupid event.

This is seriously laughable. Reddit says the events are exactly the same as in JP. So I'm not sure why we haven't heard any rumblings earlier that events are going to be poo poo in the future. Even the 1300 NRG you need for the Cactuars are not worth it. You can get double that XP by running ~108 Maranda Runs for 6480000 XP (100x Cact = 3000000). Hell you could just run XP Vortex and break even NRG/XP wise. And if even the Cactuars are not worth it nothing basically is worth getting. Just a quick calculation, for the NRG you need for the 70k Moogle you could get a whole team 39% TM. That's right.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Vax posted:

This is seriously laughable. Reddit says the events are exactly the same as in JP. So I'm not sure why we haven't heard any rumblings earlier that events are going to be poo poo in the future. Even the 1300 NRG you need for the Cactuars are not worth it. You can get double that XP by running ~108 Maranda Runs for 6480000 XP (100x Cact = 3000000). Hell you could just run XP Vortex and break even NRG/XP wise. And if even the Cactuars are not worth it nothing basically is worth getting. Just a quick calculation, for the NRG you need for the 70k Moogle you could get a whole team 39% TM. That's right.

Yeah, I was wondering about that. Because with the macro I get 1-2 full percentage on my farm team every energy bar I use. I'm up to like 10%-12% now so that's cool, it really doesn't seem worth it to farm this event at all unless you have some kind of huge hardon for FFXIII. I was tempted to go for the cactaur to level up my exdeath fast but this event blows so hard I might as well just do the exp vortex, at least there's not a chance I'll have one boss live at 1% to nuke my whole team the next turn.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

not only is this event terrible for currency but arena sure is miserable. i mean, there's about a 1% chance my team will die to anything but the luneth brigade, but its taking me 10 rounds to kill anyone elses team

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!
The event is nice enough to drop sacred crystals and megacite. But that's like polishing a turd.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
Yeah I was about to ask why the gear drops in this event seem to be pathetic even on the ADV level.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Don't forget that "Collect 200 event currency" is a daily.

So seriously, gently caress you, Gumi.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Go RV! posted:

Don't forget that "Collect 200 event currency" is a daily.

So seriously, gently caress you, Gumi.

At least that matches up with the Vortex quest, it's 2 or 3 runs if you get unlucky.

Also this is the easiest event we've had in a while, I'd say since FFT. It's garbage, but if you're new you can probably grab a strong friend (one of those buff Exdeaths would be ideal) and mage chain your way thru ELT.

Dias fucked around with this message at 13:56 on Dec 2, 2016

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001
They made the event even worse by including it in the daily quests. Oh btw did I mention that bonus gears and clear reward gears do NOT go toward the 200 gears you need to collect?

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Vax posted:

So, wait, is this how all the grind events are going to be going forward?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!

Go RV! posted:

So, wait, is this how all the grind events are going to be going forward?

Yes. Never forget that the makers of these games are drug pushers. They get you hooked, then up the bullshit till you start spending money.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
6-7-8 banners and the three non-blue pulls have been two gold then today finally a rainbow, 5* Vanille who looks completely garbage. Put my 500 gears towards a ticket, not going to touch the hanging edge further. What a pile.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Chen Kenichi posted:

They made the event even worse by including it in the daily quests. Oh btw did I mention that bonus gears and clear reward gears do NOT go toward the 200 gears you need to collect?

I mean, they can't make it TOO easy, that's FIVE lapis

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001

WebDO posted:

I mean, they can't make it TOO easy, that's FIVE lapis

five NRG, not even lapis! Then again you need it to complete for 50 lapis so still loving poo poo :(

I ran all 5 areas through ELT and I got 198 gears so I have to run another one......no I am not salty not in the least

Edit: on a lighter note PRO goes down in less than a minute with chaining thundaga and a Luneth finisher on the boss so at least running with speed isn't an issue

Chen Kenichi fucked around with this message at 14:20 on Dec 2, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

Got a sazh up for this dumb event. It's dumb. I'm dumb. 565 398 787

• Locked thread