Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Calaveron posted:

Wonder how they'll handle ubs going forward. Boring limited time only gamestop event code legendaries? Or will they figure out a different way of fitting them into Gen 8 and on

Pokebank.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Zore posted:

I mean, from a certain perspective we already have Johto forme pokemon. Bellossum as J-Vileplume, Slowking as J-Slowbro, Hitmontop, Espeon and Umbreon as regional evos, Scizor as J-Scyther (they share the same BST)

That's true! I meant more like how A-Raichu (and A-Dugtrio I suppose) are surfer-themed etc. They could do a lot of fun things with it :3:

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Calaveron posted:

Wonder how they'll handle ubs going forward. Boring limited time only gamestop event code legendaries? Or will they figure out a different way of fitting them into Gen 8 and on

Hoopa was probably created so they can easily fit in random legendaries into any future games.

CherryCat
Feb 21, 2011

That's a strawberry.

College Slice
I've been trying to trade Mareanies on GTS but no one seems to want the buggers now.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
I'm upset they didn't think of fighting/water Alolan Machamp as a life guard

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Mazerunner posted:

So this was pointed out to me

but Cosmoem weighs 999.9kg/2204.4lbs

so uh,

you know

It floats

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
pew

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Calaveron posted:

I legitimately hope they don't show up again in future games unless there's a very good reason to. I think they're awesome but their alien appeal is ruined if they just became normal Pokémon.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

GOD DAMNIT IF I FORGET PSYCHIC TERRAIN EATS PRIORITY MOVES ONE MORE TIME

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Dizz posted:

I'm upset they didn't think of fighting/water Alolan Machamp as a life guard

This would have made the Ride Machamp even more hilarious.

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost

Deified Data posted:

I legitimately hope they don't show up again in future games unless there's a very good reason to. I think they're awesome but their alien appeal is ruined if they just became normal Pokémon.

The next game takes place entirely in Ultra Space and regular pokemon are the UBs

:aaaaa:

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!

Electric Phantasm posted:

Jut as long as machamp carry me in his strong arms its all good.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

Mazerunner posted:

well yeah cause the tapus are a quadro :colbert:

I hadn't heard about this and looked it up

it's p. adorable, but also has technician and I dunno I'm no master battler but its move pool looks good for both singles and doubles and using technician and it's signature move is sweet as heck

ps gen 5 best gen

... why aren't Scraggy/Scrafty in the Alola dex? They are literally the perfect pokemon for Team Skull. Or if they are in Alola and I'm not aware of it yet: why don't any Team Skull grunts have them? This is the most obvious thing

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Sometimes something is too perfect and you just can't do it

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

Abundant Atrophy posted:

Finally have bold litwicks with clear smog and in beast balls and the worst IVs possible

It took 20 years for them to make a poison-type legendary, and even then they won't call it that.

I'd love one if you want to trade! I've got my Beast Ball list in the spreadsheet.

Kite Pride Worldwide posted:

Does anyone have an Adamant Synchronize Abra for trade? I have a spare Modest and Jolly one.

FC: 3179-6070-7987

I do, and I need Modest! Added.

FC 3325-3410-1572, IGN tyb

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

:slick: :slick: :slick: :slick:
I don't know how people are stomaching doing super long SOS chains. I chained Salandit's yesterday until a female one showed up and the whole experience was awful.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Sultan Tarquin posted:

Jut as long as machamp carry me in his strong arms its all good.

What about a Machamp that looks like David Hasselhoff?

Esroc
May 31, 2010

Goku would be ashamed of you.
The blonde girl is like literally dragging around a special needs kid on your adventure. The simplest of tasks elude her comprehension and when she does manage to do something she throws a celebration as if she's cleared insurmountable odds. "I totally just walked across a bridge all by myself! NEXT: THE WORLD!"

Jesus.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

tyblazitar posted:

I'd love one if you want to trade! I've got my Beast Ball list in the spreadsheet.

FC 3325-3410-1572, IGN tyb

I grabbed a Drampa after seeing on the sheet that you wanted it, did you want a particular nature or anything? Not that I can trade any more today, gently caress my timing.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Esroc posted:

The blonde girl is like literally dragging around a special needs kid on your adventure. The simplest of tasks elude her comprehension and when she does manage to do something she throws a celebration as if she's cleared insurmountable odds. "I totally just walked across a bridge all by myself! NEXT: THE WORLD!"

Jesus.

Yeah it's great

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

WAY TO GO WAMPA!! posted:

I don't know how people are stomaching doing super long SOS chains. I chained Salandit's yesterday until a female one showed up and the whole experience was awful.

A Fairy type would make that chain a lot easier, since the most annoying with Salandits at that level is Dragon Rage. (But then you have to worry about Smog.)
But chains aren't going to make rare genders any more common than usual, as far as I know.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
The very first Salandit I ran across in the volcano area was female and she is still my friend and on my team.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Electric Phantasm posted:

Easily can do a doggy paddle and lift you with the top arms.

Also his power belt turns into an inflatible tube thing.

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

AlphaKretin posted:

I grabbed a Drampa after seeing on the sheet that you wanted it, did you want a particular nature or anything? Not that I can trade any more today, gently caress my timing.

Awesome! Don't really have a nature preference. Let me know when you can trade and what you want in return!

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

:slick: :slick: :slick: :slick:

Solumin posted:

A Fairy type would make that chain a lot easier, since the most annoying with Salandits at that level is Dragon Rage. (But then you have to worry about Smog.)
But chains aren't going to make rare genders any more common than usual, as far as I know.
Yeah, I was using Tapu Koko, which really worked out.

I ended up letting ember cause a burn on me, so Koko couldn't be poisoned, then Nature's Madness'ed it to red and healed back up to full every however many turns.

Hammerite posted:

The very first Salandit I ran across in the volcano area was female and she is still my friend and on my team.
The first salandit I ran into SOS'd, sent out a female and I killed it, not knowing that only the lady's evolved :slick:

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

tyblazitar posted:

Same, get on and let's doobis :getin:

I still have a spare Jolly Synchronize Abra and another Modest one if anyone needs it.

Mazerunner posted:

So this was pointed out to me

but Cosmoem weighs 999.9kg/2204.4lbs

so uh,

you know

Well, it IS a condensed star.

Kite Pride Worldwide fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Dec 2, 2016

Xander B Coolridge
Sep 2, 2011
Hopping on showdown to try out this gen's battle scene. I really have no idea what to start with other than Decidueye because I really like its design. What is some good support for that Owl?

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

Kite Pride Worldwide posted:

Same, get on and let's doobis :getin:

Was busy, sorry, getting online now.

Ice_Mallet
Feb 22, 2011
Does Cosmoem get a boost from eviolite or is it considered fully evolved?

I mean it only gets Cosmic Power, Teleport, and Splash, but it'd be funny if it had a use in battle somehow. It has high defensive stats so eviolite working would be neat. Although Cosmog and Cosmoem are considered a "special" pokemon that's too OP to use, for whatever reason.

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

Xander B Coolridge posted:

Hopping on showdown to try out this gen's battle scene. I really have no idea what to start with other than Decidueye because I really like its design. What is some good support for that Owl?

Gonna have to trick room that owl

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Nebby is good.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

Solumin posted:

Your Boy Klefki is the king of chaining Salandits

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Oh, I found out yesterday that the out of battle use of Teleport is gone. That sucks, you could do some useful things with that sometimes. I mean, with Charizard it is entirely unnecessary, but it was neat.

Anyway, did all the island dexes yesterday. Went Castform hog wild mainly although I also did a bunch of grinding and I got Weavile by myself. Just need Cosmoem and Silvally now, I found the second Cosmog and I'm guessing Silvally is part of the UB questline?

Oh, and I really like that you stay the Champion in this game. And you get to be the jackass on the throne waiting for challengers.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Not only is Cosmoem tied for heaviest Pokemon to date, it's also tied for shortest Pokemon to date. That makes it the most dense Pokemon.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

McDragon posted:

Oh, I found out yesterday that the out of battle use of Teleport is gone. That sucks, you could do some useful things with that sometimes. I mean, with Charizard it is entirely unnecessary, but it was neat.

Anyway, did all the island dexes yesterday. Went Castform hog wild mainly although I also did a bunch of grinding and I got Weavile by myself. Just need Cosmoem and Silvally now, I found the second Cosmog and I'm guessing Silvally is part of the UB questline?

Oh, and I really like that you stay the Champion in this game. And you get to be the jackass on the throne waiting for challengers.

For Silvally, you need to evolve the Type: Null you get from Gladion in the Aether Foundation

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Anyone got an extra Tyrunt laying around in their pokebank with the Rock Head hidden ability? I'm trying to build a team around some fossil pokemon and want him to be my centerpiece

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Senerio posted:

Nebby is good.

get back in the loving bag nebby

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Senerio posted:

Nebby is good.

This is good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Carlosologist posted:

For Silvally, you need to evolve the Type: Null you get from Gladion in the Aether Foundation

ok, thanks. will go have a poke round there then