Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

Human Grand Prix posted:

One is a child that got promoted for marketing reasons and the other is Mark Webber Mk2.

It does my head in that Red Bull can just yell that their drivers are all time greats long enough and everyone buys into it hook line and sinker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

kidcoelacanth posted:

All I'm saying is that Tony Stewart just freed up his schedule............. ...... ...

Wow, did they release him already from prison? I'm so confused. How can a literal murderer who killed a man in front of thousands and was even filmed doing so be released so soon? America's prison systems are clearly broken.

...he did go to prison for murder, right?

All I can imagine is Alonso's heart is racing faster than his McLaren ever has at this very moment wherever he is on this planet trying desperately to get a phone call to Toto and his big blocky head into that 2nd Merc.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Tony Stewart murdered someone on camera and got away with it, which Max Verstappen has attempted several times in his career so far.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

phwoaaaar id love to see that lad driving for the scud. also

https://twitter.com/max33verstappen/status/804720896367849476
haha

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

iospace posted:

Why did people start to hate Max anyway? Yeah he's an aggressive as gently caress driver but off the course he seems cool.

I hate his dad.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
You could probably put Newey in his own drat car and he'd do pretty well (he is a decent driver, believe it or not).

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

1500quidporsche posted:

There's no guarantee of anything but my suspicion is that the Red Bull next year will be severely under development. Mercedes were just sitting on their hands 80% of this year and there was no reason Red Bull should've kept development on this car going to the end of the season.

They made the same mistake in 2014 when there wasn't really a limit on wind tunnel testing, now there's a major limit on what you can do and they just kept plugging away at this car.

If Haas switched over to 2017 development as early as Grosjean claims they did, I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of others did so too and possibly earlier. I'm praying that Ferrari's loving disastrous season was simply because they froze development on the 2016 car, allowing Red Bull to leapfrog them.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

Human Grand Prix posted:

You could probably put Newey in his own drat car and he'd do pretty well (he is a decent driver, believe it or not).

I'm like 90% certain at this point he's sticking around to get his kid into a car.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

track day bro! posted:

phwoaaaar id love to see that lad driving for the scud. also

https://twitter.com/max33verstappen/status/804720896367849476
haha

Gods the meltdowns here if he gets in the Merc.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I'm will not predict the future but I think McLaren switched very early too, and Hasegawa at Honda basically gave up at the beginning of the year when he realized how much Arai hosed everything.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
McLaren have also gotten rid of the cancer of the team, Ron Dennis. Cautiously afraid that they may be less poo poo next year.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
What do people reckon of Arrivabene staying at Ferrari? Marchionne seems to be quite the corporate loving Nero.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

Human Grand Prix posted:

I'm will not predict the future but I think McLaren switched very early too, and Hasegawa at Honda basically gave up at the beginning of the year when he realized how much Arai hosed everything.

Most people in the know have said that McLaren have just been relentlessly testing 2017 concepts the back half of the year. I don't think they'll be the lead team next year but I expect them to be very close.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

Theophany posted:

What do people reckon of Arrivabene staying at Ferrari? Marchionne seems to be quite the corporate loving Nero.

I think you mean Caligula.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Bold Prediction A mysterious racer in a mask takes Nico's seat, going only by Rico Nosberg

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

1500quidporsche posted:

I think you mean Caligula.

I don't kink-shame.

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

gret posted:

Fast Heikki to Mercedes confirmed?

That is the Mr. Current Super GT Title Holder Heikki "Fast" Kovalainen to you, mister!

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

iospace posted:

Bold Prediction A mysterious racer in a mask takes Nico's seat, going only by Rico Nosberg

This would be amazing of course

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
Jesus - what the tap dancing Christ?!

Nico is out, classy move on his part (as much as I dislike him) and I will relinquish the title of Are Rossie to him. Best of luck to you wherever life takes you next.

If Nando goes to Merc I will literally die with excitement.
If Verstrappon goes to Merc I will literally kill everyone.

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

iospace posted:

If Alonso doesn't get it, this is the only other outcome I'll be happy with.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

iospace posted:

Rico Nosberg

thegasman2000
Feb 12, 2005
Update my TFLC log? BOLLOCKS!
/
:backtowork:
Rico Nonceberg

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
I really hope it's Verstappen because Ocon or Werlhein or whoever else would get absolutely destroyed by Lewis.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

El Hefe posted:

I really hope it's Verstappen because Ocon or Werlhein or whoever else would get absolutely destroyed by Lewis.

What if one of them destroys Lewis, permanently cementing both Lewis and Nico as the biggest frauds in history?

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

Nico left the sport being the best. You either retire a winner or live long enough to see yourself become a fraud.

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

Racer X would literally be the best thing to happen, and coincidentally something I'm sure Alonso would be down with doing.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Lol rosberg couldn't hack it. Mentally weak, frail, not tight

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Lewis on Nico's retirement:

quote:

"The sport will miss him but I wish him all the best. I am sure it is a surprise to many people. I am probably the only person who thought it was not a surprise because I've known him a long time, but this is motor racing," Hamilton said.

"This is the first time he has won in 18 years, hence why it was not a surprise that he decided to stop.

"He's got a family to focus on, and wants more children, and F1 takes so much time. Will I miss the rivalry? Of course.

"We had always talked about being champions and when I joined this team and Nico was there, which is also something we talked about when we were kids.

"It is definitely something very strange and it'll be sad to not have him in the team next year."

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

1500quidporsche posted:

Nico left the sport being the best. You either retire a winner or live long enough to see yourself become a fraud.

So... what happened to Alonso then?

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

iospace posted:

He died, do you not remember?

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

quote:

"This is the first time he has won in 18 years, hence why it was not a surprise that he decided to stop."

LMAO

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Poois

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
loving Lewis had to get a few digs in there, no class.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Hamilton: Still a twat.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Also, does this mean Nico is likely the next Stig?

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

iospace posted:

We are about to witness a comeback as glorious as Napoleon's 100 days.

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

Just imagine Lewis trying to pull his usual cornering tactics on Max. :getin:

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

El Hefe posted:

loving Lewis had to get a few digs in there, no class.

He's so loving mad he won't get the chance to beat Nico for his title lmao

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

thegasman2000 posted:

Rico Nonceberg

If Nico was australian, a bitchmade aussie goon would report your post for this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

he is so mad

• Locked thread