Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Lobok posted:

People find it hard to say "woke" sincerely because they're not black and they correctly think they sound like awkward white people trying out new slang.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

X-O posted:

New Avengers had a rare missed opportunity for Al Ewing. There should have been a five page backup showing the journey of the Magical Flying Cake Slice. I have to imagine it needed to zip through several super powered fights to complete its journey.

the last issue of new avengers was perfection, no need to belabor a good joke

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Just waiting for the flying cake/champagne robot team up.

"You're the best!"
"Would you like some champagne?"

Sunspot is living the life.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Flying Cake should be the New Avengers Annual.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
Unworthy Thor #2 lettered preview is out. It looks good (surprising no one)

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

rantmo posted:

Flying Cake should be the New Avengers Annual.
Maybe they're holding out for USAvengers #0

Or a spin-off mini-series/Infinite comic.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
Pfft Flying Cake, everyone knows the true star of the books is still Champagne Robot.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

irlZaphod posted:

I don't really agree with this, LGBTQ people don't only seek romantic love (or sex) from the community. Sometimes it's just about meeting people with shared or similar experiences. On that level, the whole "Mutants as a culture" thing does work as a real-life allegory.
That was an oversimplification, but it's still something that the X-Men have more or less completely ignored in terms of shared or similar experiences. There's no mutant version of Polari or any other subcultural thing other than like I guess Xavier's School and the Hellfire Club? Again, the Morrison era started playing up the idea that there might be mutant neighborhoods, mutant fashion, mutant-influence musical genres, etc. But as it stands now, the only two "shared experiences" any *new* mutants would have with each other or established mutants is "something makes us different than normal people but it may be invisible or visible or physical or mental, who knows really?" and "people are probably going to be mad at you for being different", which is like saying that LGBTQ people and people with acromegaly and people with synesthesia and albinos and people who can bend their thumbs all the way back and people with perfect pitch are all part of a shared culture, except no one really gets mad at the really flexible people or the ones that can sing very well, because they're a slightly different brand of different, you know, like Sam Wilson.

Again, it works on the level of an individual's every day life well enough, because it's about experiencing prejudice and othering and you can tell that story about Sneeches with Stars on Their Thars and it still makes sense but when you try to blow it out to a societal level and are like "we are going to devote a six month crossover to Sneeches declaring total war on the Lorax because they desperately want more Grinches to be born in future generations" it really falls apart.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro
Yeah, the fundamental logical failure of the X-books has always been that for some reason everyone hates and fears Colossus but loves Ben Grimm and there's no reason given for it or examination of it.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

JoshTheStampede posted:

Yeah, the fundamental logical failure of the X-books has always been that for some reason everyone hates and fears Colossus but loves Ben Grimm and there's no reason given for it or examination of it.

Reed put millions of dollars into marketing and made sure everyone knew Ben Grimm was an accident. The X-Men are just bad at marketing.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Also...recent canonical events have confirmed that most of the planet would be all too happy to see folks like the Hulk dead and gone.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

people are glad to see the hulk gone because he's the hulk. if hawkeye had shot thor or captain marvel, I doubt people would be patting him on the back

the justification they always gave for mutants being feared is the whole "replacing humanity" thing, tho honestly I never thought they made that reason seem particularly realistic, especially not when a bunch of non mutants have the same kind of super powers and it doesn't even seem hard to come by them

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

BrianWilly posted:

Also...recent canonical events have confirmed that most of the planet would be all too happy to see folks like the Hulk dead and gone.

Even though the Hulk always used the super smart banner brain to make sure that even in his biggest rampages no one was ever accidentally injured?

:rolleyes:

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

JoshTheStampede posted:

Communism yo. Communism.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
People should be thanking hulk for being a big green job stimulus program for construction workers, auto manufactures and the like

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

remember back in wwh when the hulk gave everyone in nyc a mandatory vacation? he started a sports festival and even caused a bunch of buildings to see some much needed renovations. he's a real nice guy

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Weapon X details: OML, Sabertooth, Domino, Warpath, and Lady Deathstrike written by Greg Pak! Sounds interesting and awesome and gently caress it's Greg goddamned Land.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

So it's Wolverines 2.0?

Also it seems like Wolverine herself isn't in any X-Men books at all. I'm OK with this.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I think putting Greg Land on Weapon X is a bigger crime against mutants than anything the Inhumans ever did

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

JoshTheStampede posted:

Are you implying racism is logical?

Kaleidoscope
Sep 8, 2007

The Internet makes me dizzy.

CharlestheHammer posted:

xenophobia?

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck

Roth posted:

I think putting Greg Land on Weapon X is a bigger crime against mutants than anything the Inhumans ever did

To play devil's advocate, Land's work on Uncanny has definitely improved, though it's only jumped up to "mediocre, with occasional WHYYY" from "WHYYY all the time." But yeah, Weapon X sounds like the place for his worst instincts to take hold.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

CharlestheHammer posted:

No, I'm saying that to most average people, there's no difference between Beast and Wendigo. They wouldn't even know to hate one and accept the other.

E: and by Wendigo I mean Sasquatch.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

Roth posted:

It really is. I'm sure he's busily drawing a big black spot over the eye of the one woman he knows how to draw.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Yeah isn't being a wendigo a curse brought on by cannibalism? Might not be the best example lol

JoshTheStampede posted:

It really is. I'm sure he's busily drawing a big black spot over the eye of the one woman he knows how to draw.

But we'll get Hugh jackedman as Logan I guess

who am I kidding I don't read xmen anyways

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

site posted:

Yeah isn't being a wendigo a curse brought on by cannibalism? Might not be the best example lol

Well being Sasquatch is a curse brought on by Canadianism. I assume. It's been a while since I've ready any Alpha Flight.

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck

rantmo posted:

Well being Sasquatch is a curse brought on by Canadianism. I assume. It's been a while since I've ready any Alpha Flight.

If I remember Wolverine and the X-Men, wendigoism is also an inherently Canadian phenomenon.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Was that the one with the fast food chain that was using human flesh in the burgers?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

yea there was a whole storyline where wendigos spread everywhere because somene tried to get rid of a body by throwing it into a meat grinder and the x-men have to deal with it. the avengers seal off the us/canadian border or something and some canadian deity was trying to spread the wendigo curse outside of canada

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Manatee Cannon posted:

yea there was a whole storyline where wendigos spread everywhere because somene tried to get rid of a body by throwing it into a meat grinder and the x-men have to deal with it. the avengers seal off the us/canadian border or something and some canadian deity was trying to spread the wendigo curse outside of canada

and then Storm, Iceman, Firestar, and Rockslide turn into elemental gods to fight said deity

man amazing x-men was good

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The new MvC, Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite, has been announced at the Playstation Experience with a gameplay reveal coming at a Street Fighter V tournament tonight. So far, we have Tony and Carol confirmed on the Marvel side.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAOgJ9y0Ots

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Waffleman_ posted:

The new MvC, Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite, has been announced at the Playstation Experience with a gameplay reveal coming at a Street Fighter V tournament tonight. So far, we have Tony and Carol confirmed on the Marvel side.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAOgJ9y0Ots

Every match with Tony and Carol on the same team starts with an automatic win for the other player as the game cuts to a cutscene of Tony and Carol arguing about dumb bullshit

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

More info.

It's 2v2, includes Infinity Stones as a gameplay mechanic, and will include a cinematic story mode as well as classic arcade. Also Captain America confirmed.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Who is that at the end? Ultron? Annihilus?

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

Lobok posted:

Pretty sure that was the final boss of Super Ghouls & Ghosts.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Maxwell Adams posted:

Pretty sure that was the final boss of Super Ghouls & Ghosts.

Oh so that second pair of eyes was actually there in the scene.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I like that they gave Carol long hair just so it could float up like she's Goku when she powers up.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Lobok posted:

My first thought was Thanos because of the relevance of the Infinity Stones.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

TwoPair posted:

Every match with Tony and Carol on the same team starts with an automatic win for the other player as the game cuts to a cutscene of Tony and Carol arguing about dumb bullshit

Or dual relapse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Gaz-L posted:

I like that they gave Carol long hair just so it could float up like she's Goku when she powers up.

I get the feeling Carol's about to undergo some look revision since she's Brie Larson now, and this is just the start of it.

• Locked thread