Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

ikanreed posted:

Me [2 O] with me grots [1 G] dey ate me squig but got no teeths to pay me back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

ikanreed posted:

Me [2 O] with me grots [1 G] dey ate me squig but got no teeths to pay me back

Krump 'em!

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I'm an agnostic half-Jew with a childhood history of extremely low-key Christmases with my dad's family and no Santa whatsoever; my wife is an agnostic half-Jew with a childhood history of really getting into Christmas seasonal poo poo as a way of connecting with her divorced mother, and she is adamant that we're going to tell our kids Santa is real. It is a point of contention.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

loquacius posted:

I'm an agnostic half-Jew with a childhood history of extremely low-key Christmases with my dad's family and no Santa whatsoever; my wife is an agnostic half-Jew with a childhood history of really getting into Christmas seasonal poo poo as a way of connecting with her divorced mother, and she is adamant that we're going to tell our kids Santa is real. It is a point of contention.

:sever:

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

As a Jew I never did the christmas stuff at home growing up, it's just never been a big production for me so I don't quite Get It.

:same:

I get the gift-giving part and spending time with family, but the people who convert the entire month into "CHRISTMAS!" are insane. You get Christmas Eve and Christmas itself already, don't be greedy.

And the decorations are almost always tacky and terrible to look at, unless you go totally all out.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
I'm a Christmas monster. My tree went up November 12th :getin:

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

54 40 or gently caress posted:

Kill you are self

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

WampaLord posted:

:same:

I get the gift-giving part and spending time with family, but the people who convert the entire month into "CHRISTMAS!" are insane. You get Christmas Eve and Christmas itself already, don't be greedy.

And the decorations are almost always tacky and terrible to look at, unless you go totally all out.

it really should be Christmas through Epiphany, but the religious holiday is pretty distinct from the seasonal consumer experience at this point

have to agree on most of the commercially sold decorations- the traditional tree is always nice and there are lots of attractive/classy options if you care to find them, but the ones people seem to use are pretty bad in the absence of a maximalist approach

CountingCrows
Apr 17, 2001
my hot take: i really like christmas and think december is a really great month because of it. decorations and gifts are really great too.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

loquacius posted:

Who cares. You let em believe in a fairy tale for a few years and around age 10 they kinda realize it's bullshit and you tell them it is. If it'll make the wife happy and let the kids have just a tiny tiny bit of wonder for a little bit in their childhood what does it even matter that you spend a few years telling them Tim Allen is magical and good and not just a Coke head.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

There's an argument that lying to your kids about Santa is good for them, because it might be the first instance of getting them to question authority.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

monkeytennis posted:

Kill you are self

Ho ho ho motherfucker

Santachat: there is no harm in letting a child believe that there is a little bit of magic on this miserable loving rock so if it means something to your partner I say go for it.

54 40 or fuck fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Dec 2, 2016

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

WampaLord posted:

There's an argument that lying to your kids about Santa is good for them, because it might be the first instance of getting them to question authority.

we had christmas in a one story house with no fireplace so santa was impossible. it made me realize that from a young age christmas was a hollow shell about buying as much as possible parading as ceremony :ussr:

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
Update to a modern version of the myth. "No sweet child, in our house we download santa, he comes in through the cable modem."

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

i like december because workers rights in my country means that i get paid twice.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

double post

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Business Gorillas posted:

we had christmas in a one story house with no fireplace so santa was impossible. it made me realize that from a young age christmas was a hollow shell about buying as much as possible parading as ceremony :ussr:

Really? Your parents didn't say that he came in through a different way or something?

Cause I grew up in Florida, where we don't have many homes with fireplaces, but young kids still believed in Santa.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

I honestly think that celebrating Christmas before Thanksgiving has happened is a loving crime. I hope your tree is full of spider nests that hatch and release millions of baby spiders into your home.

Ho ho ho motherfucker

Santachat: there is no harm in letting a child believe that there is a little bit of magic on this miserable loving rock so if it means something to your partner I say go for it.

If Santa were real he'd put you on the naughty list for not waiting till December, God dammit.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

WampaLord posted:

Really? Your parents didn't say that he came in through a different way or something?

Cause I grew up in Florida, where we don't have many homes with fireplaces, but young kids still believed in Santa.

After I started asking too many questions my exasperated mother responded with "He's a loving magical man, he just gets in, okay? Stop asking so many questions." I was okay with this because this meant that Santa was actually a wizard. If I ever have kids I'm just going to teach them that Santa is a gift wizard.

Dirtbag Diva
May 27, 2005
edit - ^^^ Probably the only time I'll ever write this but it helped being Catholic. Saint Nick was a real dude that got imbued with special powers by God. It put me in awe of all the other saints and I developed this weird belief that sainthood made you into a superhero.

Business Gorillas posted:

I had Christmas in an apartment as a kid and my parents kinda did that Santa Clause thing where they pushed the furniture away from the radiator as though it expanded into a fireplace. We also made reindeer hay with hay we collected from construction sites mixed with glitter and they'd chuck it over the shared front lawn of our complex for all the neighborhood kids to gawk at. They also had the "big gift" come from them rather than Santa because they wanted to instill in us that Santa cares just as much about poor kids as rich kids and only parents can give you expensive gifts.

Christmas owns, sorry haters.

Dirtbag Diva fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Dec 2, 2016

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

Chichevache posted:

I honestly think that celebrating Christmas before Thanksgiving has happened is a loving crime. I hope your tree is full of spider nests that hatch and release millions of baby spiders into your home.

If Santa were real he'd put you on the naughty list for not waiting till December, God dammit.

I live in Canada and our thanksgiving is in October, so I'm obeying you're stupid rule you Yankee gently caress

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
I will make sure my kids know I broke my back working two jobs to earn the money to buy them that savings bond god dammit.

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

You'll be ahead instead of behind. Hello!

CountingCrows posted:

my hot take: i really like christmas and think december is a really great month because of it. decorations and gifts are really great too.

What this guy said!

Christmas rules. I was raised in a cult and we didn't have Christmas, so I get really excited about it as an adult. I love the cold weather, the gifts, the eggnog, the lights--I love beautiful, tasteful rich-people style decorations and I love super-cheesy kitschy inflatable Santas flopping all over the lawn. I love the peace and good will message, I even love the whole range of Christmas music, from choirs singing somber spirituals to that Paul McCartney song. I love how it feels like the whole world takes part in this yearly ritual, and I get to be a part of it. I'm a part of something! I'm not the weirdo outsider any more! I'm normal! Merry Christmas, goons.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

I live in Canada and our thanksgiving is in October, so I'm obeying you're stupid rule you Yankee gently caress

<:mad:>

Ninja edit
*your

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

artsy fartsy posted:

What this guy said!

Christmas rules. I was raised in a cult

Go on... :stare:

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
my dad is 65 and I still help him lug 25-30 huge containers of Christmas lights every year out of the attic, his house looks like Christmas Vacation. He has COPD so he can barely walk up 5 stairs without getting winded, I dunno how he manages to put all that poo poo up and not keel over dead

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Christmas rules but listening to grocery store Christmas music or children's choirs singing Jesus carols for more than an hour at once would probably kill me

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Fullhouse posted:

Christmas rules but listening to grocery store Christmas music or children's choirs singing Jesus carols for more than an hour at once would probably kill me

I feel so loving bad for retail workers whose store does nothing but Christmas music for the entire month.

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

You'll be ahead instead of behind. Hello!

Mordja posted:

Go on... :stare:

It's not that interesting, sorry. No weird sex stuff or alien-themed backstory. A real nerdy cult.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

quote:

My fiancé (26M) doesn't believe I (24F) actually enjoy when we have sex. Together 2+ years.

Long time lurker, first time poster. On mobile, sorry about any formatting issues. We have been together over two years and have been engaged for a couple months.

Over the weekend we had a fight about our sex life that has me down and starting to question our cohesiveness. I would ideally like to have sex daily, my fiancé has a lower libido and prefers once or twice a week. I really struggled with this in the beginning but I learned to not pester him about the frequency (for the most part). He knows my preference and has agreed to have sex at least once a week.

Sometimes, like this weekend, I get frustrated and point out the lack of sex. It had been a full week without sex and I tried to initiate. He turned me down and due to my frustration and drunken state of mind I badgered him on why he is seemingly never in the mood and that he must not be attracted to me. He (also drunk) denied it was lack of attraction. I kept pushing and finally he said that he's told me the reason before and that I just don't listen. So I asked him to tell me again and he said that it's because he is small, doesn't last long, and that I fake orgasms which is really off putting to him and makes him not look forward to or enjoy when we have sex.

I will admit he did tell me those things towards the beginning of us dating but I thought it was just a bout of self doubt and that I had convinced him otherwise. I truly LOVE when we have sex. I don't think he's small and I don't think he finishes too quickly either. Honestly I can get really sore and not enjoy sex when it goes longer than 20 minutes so I actually prefer how it is. I also have never faked an orgasm. I don't have one every time we have sex but I do have one like 80% of the time because I get horny at the drop of a hat and usually am pretty pent up from the long intervals between. He stated that my frequent orgasms, especially after only a few minutes of sex are obviously fake and he knows what a real orgasm feels like and mine aren't real. That statement felt like a punch in the gut. My one complaint about our sex life is the lack of frequency and apparently he gets put off by having sex with me! I tried explaining and telling him that he was wrong and he just would not budge. He is entirely convinced I'm faking it. What do I even do about that??? If he won't take me at my word and reality doesn't do it what else can I say/do?

Sex is really important to me. I can't just not have sex but after hearing him out I just don't want to have sex with him anymore. I know I'll just be too worried that I seem like I'm "performing" and he's just hating the experience. I also just feel really self conscious about my orgasms now. They arent over the top, if anything they are understated but now I'm just unsure. I love this man more than anything. I don't want to end things with him. But I know I can't happily endure a non-fulfilling sex life for the rest of my life which is what seems the likely conclusion if we get married at this point.

How do I convince my fiancé I love when we have sex and it's not all just a show?

TL:DR my fiancé thinks I'm faking, I'm not.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

this seems like a good pretext for opening up the relationship

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc

artsy fartsy posted:

What this guy said!

Christmas rules. I was raised in a cult and we didn't have Christmas, so I get really excited about it as an adult. I love the cold weather, the gifts, the eggnog, the lights--I love beautiful, tasteful rich-people style decorations and I love super-cheesy kitschy inflatable Santas flopping all over the lawn. I love the peace and good will message, I even love the whole range of Christmas music, from choirs singing somber spirituals to that Paul McCartney song. I love how it feels like the whole world takes part in this yearly ritual, and I get to be a part of it. I'm a part of something! I'm not the weirdo outsider any more! I'm normal! Merry Christmas, goons.

Bah! Humbug.

Fullhouse posted:

this seems like a good pretext for opening up the relationship

I like the way you think, sowing the seeds of future relationship posts. :getin:

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

r/relationships is a constant reminder that no matter how giving and honest you are with your loved ones, they will destroy you without hesitation or care at a moment's notice.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

"I want to have more sex with you. I really enjoy it."
"Your frequent enjoyment of sex, with me, is degrading and unbelievable. Be gone with you, woman."

Agentdark
Dec 30, 2007
Mom says I'm the best painter she's ever seen. Jealous much? :hehe:

Gaunab posted:

You guys aren't just nerds, but super-nerds

He should just break up; his girlfriend is childish.

His girlfriend sounds horrible and Lilly seems nice.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

It's hosed up that they've been together so long without him confronting the issue that she doesn't enjoy their sex, instead just avoiding it altogether.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

Dirtbag Diva posted:

edit - ^^^ Probably the only time I'll ever write this but it helped being Catholic. Saint Nick was a real dude that got imbued with special powers by God. It put me in awe of all the other saints and I developed this weird belief that sainthood made you into a superhero.

It kind of does, though.
Read some of the stories, and it's :hist101:

Lonely Virgil
Oct 9, 2012

He actually has an embarrassing fetish and coming up with bullshit, is my best bet.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

100 degrees Calcium posted:

"I want to have more sex with you. I really enjoy it."
"Your frequent enjoyment of sex, with me, is degrading and unbelievable. Be gone with you, woman."

I love how he can't put 2 and 2 together to realize that yeah, her orgasms might be more intense and quick because she hasn't got off in a loving week

He needs therapy before they end up in a terrible marriage, or she needs to peace out and find a new dude that's more compatible sexually

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bamabalacha
Sep 18, 2006

Outta my way, ya dumb rah-rah!
Every time I see those libido mismatch/sex dysfunction posts, I always remember how with my ex I thought that I had had my libido worn down by depression and lady part surgery and hormones and whatnot.

And then we broke up and I realized that I did still really want to have sex, I just didn't want to have sex with his now-fat rear end anymore.