Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shrieking Muppet
Jul 16, 2006

tallkidwithglasses posted:

Destroyers are not good at all.

But rad grenades and missiles are fun :-(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

Ezekiel_980 posted:

Play death guard or Ravenwing for sweet sweet rad grenade goodness. Or take a lightning if you want to rad missile things.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Ghazk posted:

Quick and dirty post processing is dumb and fun.

The bolterfire looks fake and over the top, but that explosion is super cool and good :thumbsup:

More photoshop explosions in tank pics

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING
In case you haven't had the pleasure of experiencing it first hand, this is what it feels like to be shot at by quad mortars.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Ezekiel_980 posted:

It's the tragedy of Destroyers. They're cool as hell, but extremely overpriced. Like, you could easily drop 100 points off of a full squad with jump packs and it might not be enough.

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

In the Emperor's name, let none survive.
Is this the iOS fx app? Only thing that has made me sad to be on android

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

Ghazk posted:

In case you haven't had the pleasure of experiencing it first hand, this is what it feels like to be shot at by quad mortars.

This reminds me of the time my terminators got shot up by BULBASAURS vindicators

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING

Lord Twisted posted:

Is this the iOS fx app? Only thing that has made me sad to be on android

Yeah called Lens FX

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006
Hahaha hell yeah

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING

Hahaha hell yeah

Better, but you forgot the dinosaurs.

Shrieking Muppet
Jul 16, 2006

Safety Factor posted:

It's the tragedy of Destroyers. They're cool as hell, but extremely overpriced. Like, you could easily drop 100 points off of a full squad with jump packs and it might not be enough.

Honestly its more effective to take a tech-marine with servitors and get all that radness.

Wait the explosions are from an app? which one?

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Ezekiel_980 posted:

Honestly its more effective to take a tech-marine with servitors and get all that radness.
Alternatively, take a forge lord with rad grenades and stick them wherever you want. :getin:

Bonus points if playing Dork Angles for that sweet, sweet stasis/rad grenade combo. WS3, I3, T3 marines are trash.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Hahaha hell yeah

an accurate representation of what happened

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Tee hee, the 40k Legion Rules leaked:

TheChirurgeon posted:

What I'm seeing on Dakka says night Vision, Fear, Stealth and opponents get -2 to LD in close combat, which is good for Fear and combat results.

If this is accurate, it's pretty great

e: Apparently Black Legion is slightly off, they have - Endless hatred (units w/VotLW have Hatred; but also can re-roll failed to-hits every round of close combat vs. unit which contains armies of imperium in it)

E: Link to full preview stuff (warning: It's Dakka) http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/2700/705017.page#9054568

E2: Also yeah NM looks like Night Lords only get -2 Ld on Fear checks, which is garbage

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
Umm Emperor's Children don't get +1 Initiative, since when were EC Death Guard???

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Recoome posted:

Umm Emperor's Children don't get +1 Initiative, since when were EC Death Guard???

They already get +1 initiative, and they like pain I guess?
+1S/shred on noise weapons (with split fire on time) is pretty crazy. Unless it is +1S in CC? Which still isn't bad with their initiative.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
Feel No Pain has swapped between being a Khorne, Slaanesh, and Nurgle rule over the last two decades.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.
Malal supremacy fuckers!

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

All chaos marines should have a 4+ FNP as the warp has tainted their bodies to the point where reality doesn't hurt them anymore.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Hell I'd take a free 6+ FNP on my IWs

DJ Dizzy posted:

Malal supremacy fuckers!

Malal truly the best chaos god

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Fashionable Jorts posted:

All chaos marines should have a 4+ FNP as the warp has tainted their bodies to the point where reality doesn't hurt them anymore.

Gimme this and I wouldn't mind the lack of ATSKNF :)

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

BULBASAUR posted:

Hell I'd take a free 6+ FNP on my IWs

I would take some Tyrant models :rolldice:

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006
Had a nice game today with Green Marine and a non-goon friend. 1500 points apiece, here's the armies:

The forces of good. I took a Ravenwing praetor in an outrider squad, a squad of jetbikes, a javelin and a Caestus full of vets.

Here's Green Marines force. Big ol unit of ursarax, castellax with a magos, a thanatar, a little 35 point objective grabber unit and some sort of robots in an angry tractor that shoot lighting?

Night Lords! Two units of termies, one deep striking and one in an LR, two units of tacs and a vet squad. There were a couple of rhinos too.

I won the roll and had my javelin run off the table to outflank and then tried sniping at the castellax with my plasma bikes and acid bolters

They took some wounds but I didn't kill any, then they clomped forward and blew a lascannon off the land raider:

The angry tractor rolled over one of my bikes, then my javelin came in and blew it up good. It was soon swarmed by Ursarax but it had more than paid for itself. A Night Lord had a plasma malfunction...

...and then my Caestus added to their problems.

My veterans contested the Night Lords objective, and then killed their veteran squad to a man with the ol stasis and rad grenade combo.

The mechanicum was racking up a lead by holding an objective virtually uncontested, but they ended up in a Night Lord ambush- termies teleported right into their objective and drew the attention of the Thanatar and Castellax, and a power fist hit killed the Magos. This was probably their first critical piece of luck, the second was a tank charge that chased the robits off the table:

It ended up being really close but the Night Lords took the day! It was a lot of fun playing with some cool dudes.

tallkidwithglasses fucked around with this message at 08:08 on Dec 5, 2016

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo
This game was really fun! Play of the game was a Night Lords rhino tank shocking a unit of five thallax who fled the table. The Ravenwing special rules are really cool to see in action and let TKWG be a wild card throughout the three man fight.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006
Ursarax are fuckin terrifying. They ate my outriders with a Praetor real easy and I was not expecting that at all- just so many wounds to get through.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Ursarax are hot poo poo. Another reason why Cybernetica is turning into the IW of mechanicum. :argh:

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Yes, except we have

Scoria

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Recoome posted:

They get the +1I from the Mark of Slaanesh

There's more going on with the legions than that table has, such as what units they get in their detachments and what relics they get. Overall, it's pretty good stuff, even if the Night Lords fear stuff isn't so great in 40k. The big miss of the group is World Eaters, but they already have the Daemonkin option.

Still, would have been nice to see more 30k legion rules in 40k. The Alpha Legion rules own, though.

Zaphod42 posted:

The bolterfire looks fake and over the top, but that explosion is super cool and good :thumbsup:

More photoshop explosions in tank pics

The reason the Bolter fire looks fake is because Bolters don't have six vents on their barrels, just a hole on each side. It should look closer to a sideways version of this
http://flylib.com/books/2/105/1/html/2/images/0321316207/graphics/14fig02.jpg

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT

DJ Dizzy posted:

Ursarax are hot poo poo. Another reason why Cybernetica is turning into the IW of mechanicum. :argh:

Ursarax are cyborgs not robots! Stolen Reductor tech :science:

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
I keep thinking Ursarax would be a rad name for some cyborg bears and it disappoints me that they aren't cyborg bears.

I was fortunate enough that the manager at my local Warhammer store was able to hold one of these guys for me - I painted the limited edition dude and I'm pretty happy with the results.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

BULBASAUR posted:

Yes, except we have

Scoria

Truly, the havocs of cybernetica.

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Will reign this way again
My local GW has at least half a dozen unsold Ultramarines standard bearers sitting on the shelf, not sure how they sold elsewhere. Was tempted to get one for conversion to my DG, but £22.50 is a high price for a dude I'd only use half of.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Galaspar posted:

My local GW has at least half a dozen unsold Ultramarines standard bearers sitting on the shelf, not sure how they sold elsewhere. Was tempted to get one for conversion to my DG, but £22.50 is a high price for a dude I'd only use half of.

I've seen a few stores with stock remaining. I think making it legion specific was a bad move.

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte
My local store has about 20 hanging on the shelf.

In Australia it's $60.

yeah. No thanks.

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

In the Emperor's name, let none survive.
Yeah I had one pushed on me last time I was in a GW... I said I didn't play UM, he said I could file off the insignia... But that thing is absolutely festooned with UM badges. You'd lose like 30% of the model.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
Apparently there's a new limited edition figure coming out at the end of the month - looks like a Primus Medicae in Cataphractii armor.

I don't recognize that Sten looking gun, though, and it definitely doesn't look like the standard needle pistol a PM comes with.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Oh gosh, what an adorable little chubster.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I already converted a medicae out of the Calth praetor, but I like this model. The weird gun, that hilarious set of "medical tools". I'll probably pick one up if I can.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
Now that I think about it, he'd make a pretty neat Gahlan Surlak count-as.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Clearly an Iron Warrior

Judging entirely by the gut, tiny head, and power skirt