Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Darn it event. I have 280 NRG bottled up I wanted to burn so I can hit "collect all" again when getting all the piddly 10 and 20 lapis things from clearing stages instead of wasting time doing it one my one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Goldie...She says her name is Goldie

KDdidit posted:

Darn it event. I have 280 NRG bottled up I wanted to burn so I can hit "collect all" again when getting all the piddly 10 and 20 lapis things from clearing stages instead of wasting time doing it one my one

I did the exact same thing and this event gave me massive blue balls. Just not worth eating the NRG.

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

Attention KalasSA

Your friend units seem to almost never have any espers on them. Is there a reason for this or did you just forget?

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
drat this event is definitely a "get the cactuars and get out" type of deal. Even with Sazh's weak bonus you're still only getting 1.5 cactuars or one single 'cheap' 6* mat per run.

Terrible returns regardless of how easy the event might be.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I think I'm just going to TM macro grind instead of trying to fight through this event.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I got enough gears today and started crafting the fist...even though I don't have Snow or anybody that can make good use of it...

:shepface:

Kalas
Jul 27, 2007

Skyridge posted:

Attention KalasSA

Your friend units seem to almost never have any espers on them. Is there a reason for this or did you just forget?

Ah, same reason as last time someone asked :)

My espers are mostly poo poo, I wasn't around for the FFT thing that apparently everyone maxed theirs to 2* level 40.

The minor stat boost I'd get I'd rather not take the 50% elemental penalty. I did run Ifrit during the BF event to make my Elza fire tanky, but that's over.

The one decent one I have is Diablos, but that gives the worst penalty in Arena, since everyone at the high end seems to have Excaliburs.

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

I've got a hot deal on a bridge to the Pegasus Galaxy!
Grimey Drawer
I've got 50% of trust moogles sitting around, and my TM team is all in the 20-30% range, so I'm going to be able to max out someone soon. Who is the one I should dump to get first?

Agrias - Save the Queen
Cecil - Excalibur
Ludmille - Dualcast
Maxwell - whatever the 30% atk materia is
Arc - Omnirod

My usual party is Lightning/CoD/Dracu Lasswell/Tellah/Lenna, so I'm really leaning towards Cecil for the Excalibur since I think that fits Lightning the best of the two swords, since she needs to keep a katana in one hand since I have blade mastery, and maybe one day I'll get lucky and pull an Orlandeau. Any thoughts?

I used to use Kefka in my party but I moved in Tellah for Arena because of raise, and I do have an Exdeath but he's still 3* level 8 so a ways away from him being viable, but I suspect he'll replace Tellah when the time comes, so dualcast seems a lot less needed for me than it did a month ago. Agrias/WoL/Cecil step in place of CoD or Lasswell as appropriate.

Palleon fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Dec 3, 2016

Kalas
Jul 27, 2007

Palleon posted:

My usual party is Lightning/CoD/Dracu Lasswell/Tellah/Lenna, so I'm really leaning towards Cecil for the Excalibur since I think that fits Lightning the best of the two swords, since she needs to keep a katana in one hand since I have blade mastery, and maybe one day I'll get lucky and pull an Orlandeau. Any thoughts?

I used to use Kefka in my party but I moved in Tellah for Arena because of raise, and I do have an Exdeath but he's still 3* level 8 so a ways away from him being viable, but I suspect he'll replace Tellah when the time comes, so dualcast seems a lot less needed for me than it did a month ago. Agrias/WoL/Cecil step in place of CoD or Lasswell as appropriate.

If you plan on using Lightning in the arena, Excalibur is worse then Save the Queen. Every Cecil you run into will laugh at you.
Otherwise, it's a very nice weapon. Dual cast is good as well, you can stick it on a healer.

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008
dualcast imo will give you way more surviveability, though I'd put it on cecil instead of lenna. After that, I'd say Maxwell's would be useful in the most situations.

God, the last 0.1% is always the most excruciating. Come on cheeseru's, get in there! You've spent like 30 nrg at 99.9%!

Edit: Just as I posted. Yaaas blade mastery (and no one to actually put it on since my best katana attacker needs to wait for her 6* to get here first.)

Shark Tower fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Dec 3, 2016

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Yeah, that's blood. It'll get better before the show.
hahaha this is hosed, so I've got literally 12 people on my friends list between goons and pubbies with FFXIII characters set, and they literally will not show up in my rotation. This has got to be more than terrible luck when nearly 20% of my friends list is completely MIA when I want to actually try Hanging Edge.

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

hamburgers in pockets posted:

hahaha this is hosed, so I've got literally 12 people on my friends list between goons and pubbies with FFXIII characters set, and they literally will not show up in my rotation. This has got to be more than terrible luck when nearly 20% of my friends list is completely MIA when I want to actually try Hanging Edge.

Do you literally have a filter on your friends list

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

hamburgers in pockets posted:

I still have no idea how the friends list rotation works in this game. Is it actually random? It sure seems like it is.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
*tries arena for the first time*

*enemy looks like they have lower leveled*

*one character not named Edgar uses bio blaster*

:stare: :gonk: NOPE. Never doing that again ha ha ha

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Armitage posted:

*tries arena for the first time*

*enemy looks like they have lower leveled*

*one character not named Edgar uses bio blaster*

:stare: :gonk: NOPE. Never doing that again ha ha ha

Bio Blaster is easily craftable, though. It's not like it's a TMR. :confused:

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i hate the current arena with my life. i havent lost but i want to die so have i actually won either

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
This Arena week is bullocks, Im just beating the lowest rank person because it doesnt take me a loving eternity as trying to kill Cecil/Luneth/COD

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Shoenin posted:

This Arena week is bullocks, Im just beating the lowest rank person because it doesnt take me a loving eternity as trying to kill Cecil/Luneth/COD

Same. I'm not losing any higher rank fights they just take way too loving long.

On another note, I'm still skipping the event for the week and new Zidane is already up to 5% on his TM. 20 days to go!

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

rabidsquid posted:

i hate the current arena with my life. i havent lost but i want to die so have i actually won either

I've gone with a Lenna (Cheer/Curaja), Kefka (Boo! or Hyperdrive), Agrias (FB or Bladeblitz), Leo (Blade Bash or Bladeblitz), DK Cecil (Dark Cannon or Barrage) comp.

It's doing alright for me, all the paralyze usually shuts down a few members fairly quickly. Though, I am mainly beating up little guys.

Twisted Eye
Jan 6, 2011

Skyridge posted:

I still have no idea how the friends list rotation works in this game. Is it actually random? It sure seems like it is.

If you use a friend, you have to wait like 3 or 4 hours before they'll pop up again I'm pretty sure, plus yeah it's a little random

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
Arena ticket got me a 4* burst pot so now Cecil has a lvl 15 LB and has just awoken to 5*.

Wonder if it's worth waiting for more burst pots and keeping him at 5* or if I should max him out asap. Charlotte's been a reasonably strong tank, but I could def use a 2nd Curaja user plus Cecil's other skills.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

(and beating the dragon)
Kinda wish there was a way to check how much stats youve raised via Pots on characters

Think I may have wasted a bit of the atk one I gave Donkey Kong Cecil

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

If you take off all their gear and esper (or look at their stats under View Units, it won't apply the esper bonus there) you can see what stat bonuses they get from stat pots. It doesn't change their base stats so it'll show +230 HP when Lenna is at max HP from pots for example.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Twisted Eye posted:

If you use a friend, you have to wait like 3 or 4 hours before they'll pop up again I'm pretty sure, plus yeah it's a little random

i have used them more frequently than that, i think they pop back up on your list when they log in again?

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

(and beating the dragon)
Tried that, still applied Materia bonuses though.

1st world problems but still an inconvenience.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

kalensc posted:

Arena ticket got me a 4* burst pot so now Cecil has a lvl 15 LB and has just awoken to 5*.

Wonder if it's worth waiting for more burst pots and keeping him at 5* or if I should max him out asap. Charlotte's been a reasonably strong tank, but I could def use a 2nd Curaja user plus Cecil's other skills.

Lv15 on a 6* Cecil is astounding and honestly I would've suggested maxing him out ASAP even before that.

You could hoard burst pots forever for the Best Cecil or you could get a very good almost-the-best Cecil right now.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

KataraniSword posted:

Lv15 on a 6* Cecil is astounding and honestly I would've suggested maxing him out ASAP even before that.

You could hoard burst pots forever for the Best Cecil or you could get a very good almost-the-best Cecil right now.

As luck would have it I forgot to redeem my daily quests before the day changwd and I tilt-pulled my half-cost daily.

Hello brand new 4* Cecil ready for leveling up while the 5* waits patiently for LB pts. :woop:

amaranthine
Aug 27, 2009
I AM A TERRIBLE HUMAN BEING
Did two daily pulls, hunting for bonus units.

Instead, I got a Terra and a Cecil.

No complaints.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

(and beating the dragon)
Limit lvl 15 Cecil is Good yes

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
I'm just stepping out of any non no-healing arena from now on. I really hate doing 99% damage to a whole team in one turn then just having them all healed to full the next unless I get to go first.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

kalensc posted:

Cecil's LB maxes out at 74%, currently you're at 64% how worth it is to you to wait and horde LB pots?

It's a pretty big deal to skip 5* LB levels because those levels cost 900~exp more at 6*.

Cost to go from 15-20 at 5* = 11,250 exp or 4 Burst pots or 113 mini pots.

Cost to go from 15-20 at 6* = 16,000 exp or 6 Burst pots or 160 mini pots.

Difference of either 2 more burst pots or 47 mini pots.

But that's just for 5% increase to your LB in either case. That number of pots that you would use at 5* could get another character, like ExDeath, almost to where your Cecil is now, and having two characters with 62 & 64% seems like a better deal to me than having 1 at 50% and 1 at 70%.

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.
I thought you would want to skip 5* LB leveling for Cecil because of high tide

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!
Daily: 4th Zidane :shrug:

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

(and beating the dragon)
Daily pull Garland

how long do I gotta wait before I knock people down?

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Shoenin posted:

Daily pull Garland

how long do I gotta wait before I knock people down?

3-4 months.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
I got a rock another Sazh.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Got Locke #4.

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001

Vax posted:

Daily: 4th Zidane :shrug:

I normally would be angry at this, but today's 1/2 was my first Zidane :toot:

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I wish I could trade one of my extra Lockes for a Zidane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

oh hey, got Sazh on my half price summon

• Locked thread