Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I don't even care if there's gameplay I just wanna watch two hours of that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Yeah i was thinking how sick it would be if it was a heavy rain/until dawn style game with a bunch of outcomes

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
https://twitter.com/hideo_kojima_en/status/804717027214565376

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

net cafe scandal posted:

The tentacles coming off the old WW2 planes looked soo cool

th femurs as the side racks on th tanks were so sick too

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
"the theme is about" really brings me back to teaching 7th grade.

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

its only been one day and i already hate the name "Mads Mikkelsen" from seeing it too many times

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

its only been one day and i already hate the name "Mads Mikkelsen" from seeing it too many times

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

I went through this with liking Hannibal

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Fail.

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

No need to sign your posts when you empty quote :xd:

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

No need to sign your posts when you empty quote :xd:

Agh! Bastard!

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Stranding
On the edge

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

net cafe scandal posted:

Fungah! posted:

th femurs as the side racks on th tanks were so sick too

This is one of my favorite things so far. Like... what if David Cronenberg worked in arms manufacturing

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

net cafe scandal posted:

i think those are more control cables, like the ones behind the soldiers. they're cool tho

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

gently caress yeah

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I've seen a lot of people speculating that Death Stranding is some kind of avant-garde viral marketing for a new MGS, or Silent Hills, but... What if it were the other way around? No, really- what if everything- from unfinished MGSV:TPP to PT (and Silent Hills, by extension) was all a massive viral marketing campaign for Hideo Kojima's new IP, 'Death Stranding'? Kojima' been working in the game industry since the 80's- I feel like he (and many of the very experienced writers and programmers around him) have been in the industry long enough to recognize that, here in the 2010s, properly marketing and drawing attention (and acclaim) toward a brand new video game IP is near impossible. They've been wanting to work on a new IP for ages- they said so in several interviews, quite explicitly, during the development of MGS4. But, what if- it's a long shot, I know, but what if- Kojima, Konami and Sony worked together to create the world's strongest ever viral marketing campaign (the Kojima 'firing' and every subsequent event) specifically to draw attention toward their brand new IP: Death Stranding

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

That dude was pretty good in dr strange

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
https://twitter.com/realgdt/status/804669316675280896

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Holy poo poo

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

rediscover posted:

Holy poo poo

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

rediscover posted:

Holy poo poo

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
https://twitter.com/memeings/status/804937495037276160

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

:dogstare:

beepstreet
Feb 7, 2005

This game is going to be so loving good.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
Came here to post this. Lmfao.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
I hope its fundamentally like metal gear. it seems like it will be

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
btw, from the trailer, im not sure the squad in the sewers were affiliated with the worm tank guys above ground. seemed kind of like some kind of resistance faction to me. their guns looked pretty old

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
I almost feel like it may contain a bit of RTS elements, with the cables and "controlling" possessed entities and stuff.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Wow

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RP8uhXuS2n8

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I.N.R.I posted:

btw, from the trailer, im not sure the squad in the sewers were affiliated with the worm tank guys above ground. seemed kind of like some kind of resistance faction to me. their guns looked pretty old

They're the 'Skulls' Parasite Unit

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

I hope its fundamentally like metal gear. it seems like it will be

I'm hoping it's like a feature length version of the MGSV hospital

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

I.N.R.I posted:

That group looked old but Mads Mikkelson was wearing modern spec ops gear. What could it mean....what are you trying to say Kojima

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

I.N.R.I posted:

the guys marching up top were skeletons wearing american ww2 gear and weapons, same as the guys down below

two of the mads skeletons have wierd shoulder armor that looks like something an msf guy would wear though, but maybe thats just the cloth not fitting right because they really are skeletons and have no muscles

Sharkopath fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Dec 3, 2016

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

or its probably just how yoji designed those outfits, they have a round propane tank piece stuck to the front of their helmets too that I didn't notice before

love yoji

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

So I guess they announced at that PlayStation keynote today that Death Stranding is being built on the Decima engine, which is the one made by Killzone dev Guerilla Games for that open world game they're making.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Bill Barber posted:

I almost feel like it may contain a bit of RTS elements, with the cables and "controlling" possessed entities and stuff.

Only Kojima could pull off a RTS/Action hybrid and not gently caress up like Tim Schafer's Brutal Legend

• Locked thread