Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Wildtortilla posted:

I was psyched to play TF2 since release and I finally got my hands on it on PC. After two hours I'm uninstalling the game. Just doesn't click with me, I think my days of enjoying that kind of chaos are over. Hopped on Overwatch and went on a three game win streak and had much more fun.

Understandable but I would just say that there are a lot of systems at work in TF2 and you are going to die a lot while trying to figure them out compared to something like Overwatch, especially since matchmaking is non-existent. It took me significantly more than two hours to feel like I knew what was going on, probably more like 5-6.

Playing the campaign helps immensely since they introduce things to you slowly, but obviously the trial doesn't have that as an option.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

My god Mordheim's opening is long, wordy, and hilariously generic. The narrator's having such fun with it that I can't help but be charmed. :allears:

e: Whoa, the tutorial letting you play as a bunch of rats was pleasantly charming. I mean, they're nasty fighting rats up against cultists and demons, but! It's nice to be rats for once!

second, actually fake e: I'm shocked at how harsh the RPS review is for this game. That dude hates this game and doesn't want you to play it, and I'm shaking my head as I found myself pleasantly engaged in just the tutorial, and I'm going to boot it back up in a mo, see how the full campaign goes.

StrixNebulosa fucked around with this message at 07:52 on Dec 3, 2016

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you

Ctrl+Alt+Delicious should be the new forum title for GWS

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Help Im Alive posted:

To be honest kojima probably doesn't even know what the game is at this point

It's going to be weird when the game turns out to be a 2D platformer.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

PantsBandit posted:

Understandable but I would just say that there are a lot of systems at work in TF2 and you are going to die a lot while trying to figure them out compared to something like Overwatch, especially since matchmaking is non-existent. It took me significantly more than two hours to feel like I knew what was going on, probably more like 5-6.

Playing the campaign helps immensely since they introduce things to you slowly, but obviously the trial doesn't have that as an option.

lol is this a joke, tf2 is babytime easy on systems and mechanics, its just extremely dull and boring.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
Styx I think I agree with something you posted in the past few days. You were critical of TF2 because of the sound effects, among other things. I have to agree with you, the SE addressed not what they could be. Especially compared to Overwatch and Battlefield.

I'm sure I didn't play TF2 enough to get good at it, but they problem is I don't care to. I've played more shooters than I can remember at this point. I'm lumping TF2 in the CoD-like arena, because that's what it feels like to me and it's not what I'm looking for in a shooter anymore. If it was there game would be great. There's nothing technical except they sound for me to be critical of - if you like TF2 I'm jealous you enjoy it because I thought I was going to fall in love with it.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

The playstation experience conference thing is today (in 3 hours I think) in case anyone forgot. Last year they showed FFVII remake gameplay/Nioh/Ni no Kuni 2/Yakuza 5 + 0/vr games so maybe there'll be some cool stuff

Apparently Marvel vs Capcom 4 will be there but idk what else. They'll probably show Horizon Zero Dawn/Detroit/that Death Stranding trailer again. Crash Bandicoot???

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!

Wildtortilla posted:

Styx I think I agree with something you posted in the past few days. You were critical of TF2 because of the sound effects, among other things. I have to agree with you, the SE addressed not what they could be. Especially compared to Overwatch and Battlefield.

I'm sure I didn't play TF2 enough to get good at it, but they problem is I don't care to. I've played more shooters than I can remember at this point. I'm lumping TF2 in the CoD-like arena, because that's what it feels like to me and it's not what I'm looking for in a shooter anymore. If it was there game would be great. There's nothing technical except they sound for me to be critical of - if you like TF2 I'm jealous you enjoy it because I thought I was going to fall in love with it.

Everything that's happened since they introduced hats and microtransactions has completely ruined TF2. And Overwatch is simply a much better version of the game in every way, so there's no reason to bother trying to get into it. Still, before Valve turned it to poo poo it was actually a pretty fun game.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

They're talking about Titanfall 2. Acronyms are dumb.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

https://twitter.com/memeings/status/804937495037276160

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
http://store.steampowered.com/app/376480/?snr=1_7_7_230_150_1

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

Adam Bowen posted:

Everything that's happened since they introduced hats and microtransactions has completely ruined TF2. And Overwatch is simply a much better version of the game in every way, so there's no reason to bother trying to get into it. Still, before Valve turned it to poo poo it was actually a pretty fun game.

I appreciate you coming to the defense of old Team Fortress 2 cause I played like 900 hours of that and I suspect that is the reason I've fallen head over heels in love with Overwatch. Titan Fall 2 is a game in a genre I once enjoyed but no longer enjoy.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

it's about time Tango Fiesta got a sequel

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!

mutata posted:

They're talking about Titanfall 2. Acronyms are dumb.

:downs:

Some acronyms should never be reused - they should be retired like numbers on a sports team.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Hey chat thread, let's do something fun.

http://sushi.shothl.org/mega-bt/

Go ahead and post your list here, I'd love to see which ones people in the thread can identify. I can only get like 15/100, i'm shameful :negative:

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I listened to the first five and thought, "Man I'm pretty sure these are all from Undertale."

Then I scrolled down the list of answers, listened to the songs from games that I've actually played (maybe 20% of them) and only recognized about a quarter of those, so.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

How do I type in my answers. I can't just write them down in a .txt, I'm a busy man.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Haha #53. I was able to get 12 of them on my own, but that's mostly because I have barely played any of the games on the list.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Some of these are really bad choices as they have weak melodies and are generically atmospheric.

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

CJacobs posted:

Haha #53. I was able to get 12 of them on my own, but that's mostly because I have barely played any of the games on the list.

Christian Marclay's "The Clock," (360, PS3, PC)

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

This is Castlevania II levels of ugly color palette. What is this poo poo?

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I got 27. And then maybe 6 or 7 I recognized but couldn't place.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

100% of the 1 user reviews for this game are positive.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Grapplejack posted:

Hey chat thread, let's do something fun.

http://sushi.shothl.org/mega-bt/

Go ahead and post your list here, I'd love to see which ones people in the thread can identify. I can only get like 15/100, i'm shameful :negative:

I got these ones (42)

quote:

1 - Soul Calibur
3 - Mario Kart DS
6 - Guilty Gear (blazblue?)
8 - Scott Pilgrim
12 - DK64
13 - Monster Hunter
14 - Street Fighter 5
15 - Yoshi's Island
17 - Splatoon
18 - Rhythm Heaven DS
20 - Danganronpa
22 - Picross
24 - Ghost Trick
27 - Star Fox
30 - Catherine
36 - Punch-out
39 - Necrodancer
40 - Final Fantasy VII
43 - Worms
44 - AW
45 - EBA
47 - Fire Emblem Awakening
51 - Wind Waker
53 - The Witness
58 - SMW Fortress Boss (Smash 4 remix)
62 - 6 Golden Coins
67 - Wario Land
70 - Pokemon Red/Blue
72 - Phoenix Wright
74 - Tetris Attack
77 - Mario Maker
78 - WarioWare
79 - Persona 3
82 - (Banjo Kazooie?)
83 - Jet Set Radio
85 - Jak and Daxter
86 - F-Zero X
90 - Portal
93 - Melty Blood
96 - Crash
97 - Rayman Legends
98 - Phantom Pain

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

psx stream is live. https://www.twitch.tv/playstation

do we have a thread?

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Oh hell yeahs CHOLE DLC story. (Uncharted) Sweet! That was pretty kick rear end.

edit: We don't have a thread, but hey go join in the playstation 4 thread if you want, the shittiest thread

Shindragon fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Dec 3, 2016

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

WHENS MAHVEL

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
X

MEGAMAN X

YES
YES
YES

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Final result: 20 correctly identified songs. 11 unindentified songs from games I actually played.

Calling bullshit on: the FF7 one for being an FF5 song, the Mortal Kombat one for being from the genesis version, which was never played by a human being.

I also confused the ghost trick song with this one.

So I get a passing grade, at least, if we exclude the ones it was literally impossible for me to get due to not having played the games.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

KNACK loving 2 JUST GOT ANNOUNCED HAHAHAHAAHHAHA

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
KNACK 2 BAYBEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

I said come in! posted:

Never let your dreams only be dreams.

Everyone who unironically put down Knack 2 on their "Things to be announced" bingo sheet now automatically get a bingo.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

thy kingdom fun, knack 1+1

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

I said come in! posted:

We knew about this a while ago, but still, neat.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I didn't play the first one but knack 2 looked ok

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
There better be a new All-Stars game in the works that features Knack front and center.

Or just put him in the new MVC as an exclusive character.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Knack outsold Mario in the year it came out, I'm surprised it took this long.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

https://twitter.com/memeings/status/804937495037276160?s=09

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Alot of games I want after watching that Playstation Live Experience.

Windjammers being announced had me laughing. Goddamn Gio is the best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

What is windjammers and is it as rad as it looks

• Locked thread