Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

Otakufag posted:

I'm not stopping them, they just insist that I play the game more with them, which is why I'm asking for a way to scientifically articulate my dislike for SFV.

"No guys I will not play with you for the following reasons *consults forums post*

Number 1: Anti-Air Jab..."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Jmcrofts posted:

"No guys I will not play with you for the following reasons *consults forums post*

Number 1: Anti-Air Jab..."

hey just wanted to tell you i watched your ibuki video on youtube last night and it was very helpful

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

akuma reveal for sfv now

looks like akuma

season 2 is akuma + 5 others

silhouettes are up for the 5 now

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood
Parappa >>>>> mc4>>> sf5
(but why the gently caress would you remaster it why the gently caress do I want to see parappa in 4k?)

SectumSempra fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Dec 3, 2016

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
they couldn't even make sure akuma's hair wasn't bugging out in the god drat trailer

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Akuma's got EX moves and they ruined the Raging Demon by just making it another super where the person gets punched a lot. Not to mention that this design is just the loving worst. Like just put this new design/model next to the Tekken 7 model and remember that Capcom can do nothing but fail you.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

SectumSempra posted:

Parappa >>>>> mc4>>> sf5
(but why the gently caress would you remaster it why the gently caress do I want to see parappa in 4k?)

why not um jammer lammy

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Otakufag posted:

I'm not stopping them, they just insist that I play the game more with them, which is why I'm asking for a way to scientifically articulate my dislike for SFV.

Lighten up dude

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

windjammers on ps4

finally a good game

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
youve been able to play windjammers online for like 10 years why is this something people care about

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

dangerdoom volvo posted:

youve been able to play windjammers online for like 10 years why is this something people care about

now that it costs 14 dollars or whatever people will think it is valuable and want to play it for a week or two whereas normally only the people that like the game would play it

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I-

I kinda liked the new Akuma.

I'll wait to be disappointed when they do the character breakdowns.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

dangerdoom volvo posted:

so that i can play with friends and poo poo without having to sit around a pc

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Real hurthling! posted:

now that it costs 14 dollars or whatever people will think it is valuable and want to play it for a week or two whereas normally only the people that like the game would play it
lol this post is so gross

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Remember darkstalkers resurrection LOL

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
cams is back

i missed u cams

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

General Morden posted:

cams is back

i missed u cams

should've taken another shot imo

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

cams posted:

lol this post is so gross

It's true though

CaptCommy
Aug 13, 2012

The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a goat.
http://www.capcom-unity.com/harrisony/blog/2016/12/03/akuma-the-master-of-the-fist-is-coming-to-street-fighter-v

Some details on VStuff for him:

V-Skill: Rakan
Akuma strikes a defensive stance and similar to Ryu’s Mind’s Eye, can parry an incoming attack. He can follow-up the move with an upward kick or a long reaching palm strike.

V-Trigger: Dohatsu Shoten
Akuma powers up and envelops his body with ki to enter Dohatsu Shoten mode. In this mode, his Gohadokens are more powerful, now able to travel full-screen and he can unleash two in the air even while jumping backwards. Additionally, when he lands his Goshoryuken attack, he follows-up and violently drives his opponents into the ground.

Also, his critical art is only available in V-Trigger, so I'm guessing it'll be a Necalli style permanent one. There's also a classic costume for those who hate the new look:

He's out Dec 20th

Edit: Nvm, he has two critical arts. One in V-trigger, one not.

CaptCommy fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Dec 3, 2016

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Otakufag posted:

There is actually an article a poster here (anime was right) wrote that was for this express purpose e.g. criticizing basic parts of SFV without coming off as a goon or someone who gripes about everything to be funny on the internet. That said, you probably still will come off as goon.

edit: Found it.

mycot fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Dec 3, 2016

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

CaptCommy posted:

Also, his critical art is only available in V-Trigger, so I'm guessing it'll be a Necalli style permanent one. There's also a classic costume for those who hate the new look:

He's out Dec 20th

Edit: Nvm, he has two critical arts. One in V-trigger, one not.
Yeah the trailer shows both him doing a KKZ (which looks to only hit in front?) and SGS which is definitely the V-Trigger one.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

quote:

his Gohadokens are more powerful, now able to travel full-screen

:downs:

So his those won't normally go fully screen...?

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~
lol

Only registered members can see post attachments!

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

lol the same V-Trigger as everyone else

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

SectumSempra posted:

:downs:

So his those won't normally go fully screen...?

Dan confirmed.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Hey, so they kept Akuma's air fireballs, and tatsu followups!

Also I think the characters on the shadows are Helen, Sagat, Haggar, Sakura and either Blanka or Sodom.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Cmon assholes give me some season 2 character speculation based on those shadows

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Thanks rear end in a top hat :)

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Cmon assholes give me some season 2 character speculation based on those shadows

Says new characters on the tweet, so it's probably just the characters from the story mode.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

https://twitter.com/KBradJStorm/status/805138789085548545

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

WOW

This beats Ken by a mile.

Captain Flame Guy
Mar 11, 2012

Grampakuma

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Why would they nerf mika instead of making the other 70% of the cast less underwhelming?

Is he suggesting, ken, necalli or karin think?

hell even cammy has like 1 combo route in this game thanks to her unimaginative v trigger.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

SectumSempra posted:

Why would they nerf mika instead of making the other 70% of the cast less underwhelming?

Because SFV is poo poo and of course they're gonna go the "make everyone blander" route instead of giving characters cool stuff.

Can't wait to hear how they gutted Chun tbf.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
He can't air fireball from neutral/back jump lmao

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

AnonSpore posted:

He can't air fireball from neutral/back jump lmao

I so called it.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

SectumSempra posted:

Is he suggesting, ken, necalli or karin think?

hell even cammy has like 1 combo route in this game thanks to her unimaginative v trigger.

nah sorry heres what he posted

https://twitter.com/KBradJStorm/status/805112626782957569

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

also this

https://twitter.com/KBradJStorm/status/805113618840752128

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Hey, get us the hookup on the people testing Akuma/patch poo poo out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meat on a Friday
Dec 9, 2010

What have they done to you, Akuma :(