Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Kuvo posted:

how many origin films/ovas are completed, and how many more are they planning?

They have completed four episodes of ORIGIN, and just announced the two you see in that trailer. They are porbably planning to make more after that, as long as the model sales stay good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Four completed so far, this next arc I believe is two? episodes long and deals with the genocide of the One Week Battle with operation British and the battle of Loum.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
That animation looks gorgeous. It makes me want to reread The Origin from the beginning

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
The 3D stuff still looks really bad compared to the 2D animation, and I especially hate the fight choreography in the Origin OVAs because it's stupid over the top nonsense most of the time.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Cute

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I am so happy they remade that still.

As for the cgi, I actually find it to be quite good. For one thing it's used well and matches the art style of the show. The lunar battle in episode 4 was really drat good and blending to 2d and 3d together. CGI is only bad when it is used poorly.
I don't see how you can call the fights over the top when the only moment that really signifies that is the battle of loum in episode one, and even then it was just char doing his thing. I mean, what is your definition of *good* choreography? Gundam ain't exactly known for having good fight scenes. Even fan favorites like the Ez8 vs Gouf Custom have had people poke holes in the choreography.

Now, I found this video on Youtube. Is this from Gihren's Greed?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2I-tEfQxFk

The remake of Amuro's first battle in this video is really good. The two poor Zakus pulling back, and then out of nowhere the RX-78-2 takes off and annihilates one in a split second.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Dec 3, 2016

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

The cg horses in origin 1 are disgustingly bad. The mecha are pretty good looking, especially compared to earlier cg gundam.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

DamnGlitch posted:

The cg horses in origin 1 are disgustingly bad. The mecha are pretty good looking, especially compared to earlier cg gundam.

Which horses? I thought kycilia's cavalry was 2d

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

There are some 2d horses and some CG ones. You can see the lovely ones from the first movie pulling a carriage in the recap at the beginning of Origin 4.

DamnGlitch fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Dec 4, 2016

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

DamnGlitch posted:

There are some 2d horses and some CG ones. You can see the lovely ones from the first movie pulling a carriage in the recap at the beginning of Origin 4.

Hmm. Honestly anime should stay away from horses. They pretty much never look right

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Arcsquad12 posted:

Hmm. Honestly anime should stay away from horses. They pretty much never look right

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

G Gundam is the exception to any and all rules. And now for more links to cool poo poo I find on youtube. Tobe! Gundam scored for Orchestra and performed by the London Symphony for the 30th Anniversary.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWdEm5st_Qg

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Domon's English voice actor, Mark Gatha, just passed away at the age of 42. :(

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

TheKingofSprings posted:

That's surprisingly young. Any idea of what he died from? He'd retired and gone into medicine, so that just makes it more surprising.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

TheKingofSprings posted:

This is an ongoing rumor that doesn't seem to have any actual basis and appears to be someone taking advantage of Mega Man X (who was also voiced by him) being in MVC:I to spread a hard-to-disprove rumor.

It could be true but right now it looks pretty suspicious.

Edit: Hm, that said, it looks like there may be some basis to it in that his twitter responded to it? That's sad if so.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 10:34 on Dec 4, 2016

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

This is an ongoing rumor that doesn't seem to have any actual basis and appears to be someone taking advantage of Mega Man X (who was also voiced by him) being in MVC:I to spread a hard-to-disprove rumor.

It could be true but right now it looks pretty suspicious.

Edit: Hm, that said, it looks like there may be some basis to it in that his twitter responded to it? That's sad if so.

It wasn't his Twitter directly that I can find. Lucas Gilbertson, who has been known to spread bullshit, mentioned it in a relatively short message.
https://twitter.com/hermitsherpa/status/805279848755122176

Edit: I can't find an obituary or news article or anything. Suggest wait for a credible confirmation before getting too sad.

Midjack fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Dec 4, 2016

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Guys, he's fine.

https://twitter.com/hermitsherpa/status/805480574848638976

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

There we go. Another funy joek from Lucas.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I don't understand how that is a joke

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Nothing in the original tweet sounded like a joke at all.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

Joke: a thing you regret after you say it cuz you are now in trouble.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Either way, it got me to watch the ending to G Gundam again so I'll call it a win-win.:cheers:

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

The role I think of when I think of Mark is Irvine from Zoids: Chaotic Century/Guardian Force.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
Dying is a riot guys, you should try it some time.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Ka0 posted:

Dying is a riot guys, you should try it some time.

I have. It's not.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!
I hear it hurts like hell.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

It worked out for Quess.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I don't know who this dipshit is but gently caress him.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

Raxivace posted:

I don't know who this dipshit is but gently caress him.
Zero/Ocean Yajirobe/Johnny Ridden

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

DamnGlitch posted:

Joke: a thing you regret after you say it cuz you are now in trouble.

My immediate reaction. There was nothing about his original tweet that suggested a joke.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

classic yajirobe

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Having the best time reliving the original dub for the 79 movies. You know with British Bright, high-a-toe, and shaa. Did they ever do a different English dub for later releases?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
The only dubs of the film are the old Steve Blum as char dubs. No Michael kopsa or Brad swaile outside of the TV dub

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
Canon wise in my own head, British Bright is the real one at least in the manga side of things. He still likes burgers and not wearing the peaked hat of death.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
God loving dammit, the last episode of G Gundam is just damned great. Climactic mega showdown between the two most broken gundams in the show, and it's a confession of love capped off with a burger king heart beam. And it all works beautifully. Among everything else it did right, nailing the ending is the probably the biggest feat I credit it with.

So goofy, so great. G Gundam is just fantastic.:allears:

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

G Gundam is the best.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Allenby Beardsley is my role model, I hope to one day play video games so good I break them.

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

OFF MY MEDS AGAIN PLEASE DON'T USE BIG WORDS

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK

Snooze Cruise posted:

Allenby Beardsley is my role model, I hope to one day play video games so good I break them.

Sai Sici is better. His objectives in life involve hanging out with cool people, doing Kung Fu in robots, and eating. We should all endeavor to his level of Slack.

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

Captain Rufus posted:

Sai Sici is better. His objectives in life involve hanging out with cool people, doing Kung Fu in robots, and eating. We should all endeavor to his level of Slack.

Plus, he's not emotionally stunted and can realize what it means when a girl makes his insides feel all funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
I never watched G Gundam but I was under the impression Sai was a girl :downs: