Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Vax posted:

Daily: 4th Zidane :shrug:

Chen Kenichi posted:

I normally would be angry at this, but today's 1/2 was my first Zidane :toot:

Here to join the daily pull zidane party :toot: Time to grind my 2nd dual weild.
is this secretly a good banner???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

Cartoon Man posted:

I wish I could trade one of my extra Lockes for a Zidane.

I'd honestly seriously consider that seeing as how I also have 4 Zidanes.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
Blue---no, gold daily... hey this could be--nope, Maria :v:

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Fenrir posted:

Blue---no, gold daily... hey this could be--nope, Maria :v:

I got a Snow.

woo.

at least his TM is good.... once I finish off my 2nd Bracer.

Fuckin' hell, this game is damning me with faint upgrades.

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001
Anyone else running gears notice friend units not giving their bonuses (again - happened on corn)?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Got a half-price Russel. Dammit.

The upside of this event is all the poo poo you're not gonna be able to use anyway, so it takes a lot of the sting away.

I can probably get those tickets, and maybe the Winged Saint and Morale Pendant.

We'll see in week two of this thing if I can use my Lightnings.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Crashed in the arena with an enemy refia and cecil half dead and my team at full HP ensuring I lose a fight that would be impossible to lose otherwise. Thanks, Gumi,

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

gold crystal half price :unsmigghh:

rydia. well, it could be worse i guess

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

rabidsquid posted:

gold crystal half price

Me too!

...Hayate!

I'll definitely take a Black Cowl (eventually)

My eventual 6* Firion is gonna be packing Romandan Pistol, Save the Queen, Black Cowl, Bracer, and Power of Creation.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
I got a Mustadio on my half price pull today. Slightly faster Romandan Pistol someday, yeah!

Kronikle
Jan 31, 2005

yeah well that's just like your opinion, man
My solution to make sure Memu loads back into the game after it crashes no matter which macro I'm running:

Iakona
Jan 24, 2006

As a relatively new player does anyone have any suggestions what I should be getting for CoD's 4 ability slots? I'm considering grinding this awful event for 4 atk+10% assuming they stack, but are there any other options? I'm not getting any TMs any time soon.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

You can get the recipe for the atk+10% material in the water Shrine at the end of the current story. I wouldn't spend gears on it unless it's necessary.

E: but yeah, loading up on atk+ material is good for cloud.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
You know, I really like the FF XIII battle music. It wasn't a bad game, it was super linear like I remember X being.

It's me, I'm the guy who likes experimental and different stuff in my media.

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

I'm contemplating burning all 3700 of my lapis to turbo boost some of my trust mastery rewards. I have 73 max energy and one full bar gave me about 1.5% on each character. Doing so would give me my second dual wield, as one of my Zidanes is at 70%ish.

How bad an idea is this?

Mrit SA
Nov 11, 2016

by Lowtax

Skyridge posted:

I'm contemplating burning all 3700 of my lapis to turbo boost some of my trust mastery rewards. I have 73 max energy and one full bar gave me about 1.5% on each character. Doing so would give me my second dual wield, as one of my Zidanes is at 70%ish.

How bad an idea is this?

The math says that on average, 100 energy is 1%. You got more on your test, but that is the average. A full TM is about 10000 fights, that would be 137 refills for you, which is 13700 lapis.
It's expensive, and there isn't much free lapis on the horizon. Up to you.
Edit: if your Zidane is at 70%, you would need on average 4100 lapis.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!
We just got paid for our monthly arena ranking, check your inbox.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Cartoon Man posted:

We just got paid for our monthly arena ranking, check your inbox.

Sweet, my first ever TMR. :toot: Now to funnel future moogles into Zidane...

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!
I just shoved a bunch of huge rear end +HP pots right up Refias:

Bring it on whale bitches! :black101:

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001

Cartoon Man posted:

I just shoved a bunch of huge rear end +HP pots right up Refias:

Bring it on whale bitches! :black101:

Ohhhhh too bad we can't watch battles when you are chosen - I would LOVE to see wtf happens when others try to fight you with Beefia.

Also is there any future reason to hoard megacrysts? All this leveling is giving me stacks of lightning megas and dunno if they can just be sold.

Edit: fine alacrysts too. I don't need keys at all and got well over 100 taking space.

Chen Kenichi fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Dec 4, 2016

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
2.2% to Dualcast #1! Which will promptly get stuck on either Cecil or Refia!

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!

Dias posted:

2.2% to Dualcast #1! Which will promptly get stuck on either Cecil or Refia!

Refia. Dualcast full life owns in arena.

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001
After a lot of paranoia and over-prepping I finally gave ELT Greg a shot and it ended up easier than I thought it would be considering I was missing some components like provoke and had to use Lenna instead of a maxed Refia. I am the proud possessor of another moogle.

vvvvv - highly doubtful. In fact global made this event seemingly shittier than the JP one on purpose, so I do not expect any favors from them at all outside of maybe Lightning gets a 100% gear boost.....possibly.

Chen Kenichi fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Dec 4, 2016

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
There gonna be any change to the gear event

Bonus gears being half of what you get is obscenely retarded

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
This event's such rear end that I'm probably not even going to get all of the summon tickets because goddamn, Gumi really loving hates its global players.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!
If we get Lightning at 100% bonus like expected, you can Lightning duo the whole thing with chain Lightning blitzes. Then you can stack the other slots with the rest of the crew and hope to get some gigantaurs to spawn.

But with all that unless they add a new fight with more gears you're not going to get everything without Lapis refresh. Probably.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Cartoon Man posted:

But with all that you're not going to get everything.

This event is really trash and your lapis would be better spent in literally any other way.

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001

KataraniSword posted:

This event is really trash and your lapis would be better spent in literally any other way.

Trouble is that I need the 6* mats for 2 CoD and Refia at the very least. Thing is as bad as this event is IT CAN GET WORSE so I will grind em up in the second week hoping Waifu gets a 100% bonus. If not then I guess I grind more =/ Not that I am going to spend lapis on this event outright, but I might do 2 full dungeon quests when NRG gets down to get 100 lapis then use that to refresh, rinse repeat. Hopefully not though.

Also after hitting a gigantuar in my first pass through pro I have not hit another one since - we are talking ~40 runs ish. THIS EVENT SUUUUUUCKS

Chen Kenichi fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Dec 4, 2016

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Chen Kenichi posted:

Trouble is that I need the 6* mats for 2 CoD and Refia at the very least. Thing is as bad as this event is IT CAN GET WORSE so I will grind em up in the second week hoping Waifu gets a 100% bonus. If not then I guess I grind more =/

Well, yeah, definitely run it if you need something like Gigantuars or 6* Mats, but the big rewards are giant traps, especially if you're thinking about spending lapis for refreshes. Over the next few weeks, you can shore up your 6* mats with gil, albeit one at a time and at mostly random, but they're still being sold.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
This was very weird. I was scrounging up items for awakening, and for some reason in the advance stage I got four waves of only one enemy. None of them gave me any super useful awakening items either. Should I have fled and ate the 15 energy?

Revvik
Jul 29, 2006
Fun Shoe
Pulled Snow. He worth a poo poo beyond his terrible event bonus and good TM?

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Revvik posted:

Only if you lack Cecil/WoL

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

He's a decent counter tank if you dont have cecil, or a decent arena unit since he counters magic too.

Revvik
Jul 29, 2006
Fun Shoe

Mile'ionaha posted:

Only if you lack Cecil/WoL

I have both. Every good tank, really.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
Looking at the japanese altema website for the game, it seems they added Onion Knight who is insanely good. Kind of. 158 base attack, natural dual wield, learns an ability that increases attack by 50% when equipped with a sword, a trust mastery which is a sword with 135 attack, and an ability called "onion cutter" which does 520% attack damage with twelve hits so it chains nicely.

The down side is he can't use than Onion Cutter move without that sword equipped, and apparently his other good attacks don't chain that well. There seems to be some heated debates regarding whether he is on the same tier as Orlandu or not from what I gather from the comments.

Also this event still sucks and if they don't do something about it on the second week I'm going to be very disappointed and very unlikely to drop any more money on this game.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!

Revvik posted:

Put him as your friend so we can take advantage of his 75% bonus.

15,000 gill for a sacred crystal? Yeah let me think about that one real hard...
:frog:

Cartoon Man fucked around with this message at 13:09 on Dec 4, 2016

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Cartoon Man posted:

Put him as your friend so we can take advantage of his 75% bonus.

15,000 gill for a sacred crystal? Yeah let me think about that one real hard...
:frog:

If only we could buy more than 1...

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

You know, I really like the FF XIII battle music. It wasn't a bad game, it was super linear like I remember X being.

It's me, I'm the guy who likes experimental and different stuff in my media.

XIII's music owned and I really liked the visual style. Even the characters weren't that bad, excepting Hope and Vanille. I honestly liked it and XIII-2 though for very different reasons. XIII-2 legit has my favorite ending in any final fantasy.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
What do you do with the arena pots you've force-received for reward, dump on whatever best you have from the Altema ratings? That'd be WoL from what I have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!

MrLonghair posted:

What do you do with the arena pots you've force-received for reward, dump on whatever best you have from the Altema ratings? That'd be WoL from what I have.

I keep feeding HP and SPR pots to Refia to lessen her squishyness. MAG goes to exdeath, ATK to Lightning, DEF and LB to Cecil.

Pulled ExDeath number four on my 1/2... :psyduck:

• Locked thread