Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Wirth1000 posted:

To be honest, I think it'd be really boring, awkward and tedious.

Apparently he's completely different and way more normal when he doesn't have some media dude with a microphone pointed at his face.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Carth Dookie posted:

Apparently he's completely different and way more normal when he doesn't have some media dude with a microphone pointed at his face.

Most people are, especially athletes who aren't fond of the spotlight. For example: Marshawn Lynch kept on getting in to trouble for not talking to the press (while Richard Sherman loves it).

Also, Gregg Popovich

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

Powershift posted:

The good Rosberg is Finnish.

the bad Rosberg is finished too

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

poty posted:

the bad Rosberg is finished too

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx

gret posted:

Who's the other good Rosberg besides Keke? :confused:

His wife.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

djssniper posted:

Yep Rosberg has a family, a great life with a history of intelligence and class, Lewis has no loving idea what he is outside F1, he's awkward and has little social skills outside his celebrity poo poo
Every other driver has a passion for people or country they represent.... however I do pity him for it, he was Ron's protégé

Lol at this dog whistle racism.

AgentJotun
Nov 1, 2007
gently caress off to D&D with that rubbish.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

AgentJotun posted:

Yeah, Lewis is a lot of things but he's not awkward for sure.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
not only do the Dutch dominate darts, football, and most other sports, now to the final frontier of formula 1 racing will be conquered starting 2017.

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

AgentJotun posted:

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

#WDCMatters

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.

Pirate Radar posted:

Yeah, Lewis is a lot of things but he's not awkward for sure.

hey man

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

Lol at this dog whistle racism.

Take your salt back to D&D or PWM pubedoc!

IanTheM
May 22, 2007
He came from across the Atlantic. . .
Man, I can't believe Rosberg quit. I'm not a fan of his, he seems like a Damon Hill type and he was just lucky that Lewis happened to lose an engine, but at least he's making a decision for the good of his mental health.

All the Lewis hate is funny to me, I feel like he's a throw back driver in terms of his abilities and his petulance. Senna and Prost were just as whiny as Hamilton and Vettel, but at least they're not stale bread personalities.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Autosport forums are leaking

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

julian assflange posted:

Take your salt back to D&D or PWM pubedoc!

I think Hamilton is a dickhead (though a very good driver who lost the wdc due to suspiciously high number of failures) but this thread is racist af and I'm just pointing that out.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Lewis' problem isn't that he's whiny or petulant or spends too much time with celebrities and tries to act like a Hollywood star. His problem is that he's genuinely unbearable in literally every single way.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Lewis' personality kind of reminds me of Andy Roddick, tbh. They both just have the worst attitudes, that's why they're so much fun.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Gotta have the heel or it just becomes dull.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

What the heck is Toto getting at here? http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/127386/mercedes-reluctant-to-chase-vettel-or-alonso

quote:

When asked about trying to lure the contracted Sebastian Vettel from Ferrari or Fernando Alonso from McLaren, Wolff said that was not high on his agenda.

"It's not my intention to interfere with Ferrari's internal issues," Wolff told Gazzetta Dello Sport.

"And I don't even know if Sebastian really has the intention to come to us.

"It's the same thing [with Alonso]: what would Ferrari and McLaren do without Vettel and Alonso in December?

"Or Williams without [Valtteri] Bottas? [That] option is the one I like the least."

It really seems like he's saying "I don't want to gently caress them over this late in the year," which is just bizarre.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I think he's hinting that he will only go for a unsigned driver, or to steal a driver from a team he does not like, which leaves whiirline, redbull/toro rosso and force india.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

I think Hamilton is a dickhead (though a very good driver who lost the wdc due to suspiciously high number of failures) but this thread is racist af and I'm just pointing that out.

Hardly any Australians post here anymore so I doubt that very much.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

julian assflange posted:

Hardly any Australians post here anymore so I doubt that very much.

/looks around, shiftily

ozzy ozzy ozzy?

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

wicka posted:

What the heck is Toto getting at here? http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/127386/mercedes-reluctant-to-chase-vettel-or-alonso

It really seems like he's saying "I don't want to gently caress them over this late in the year," which is just bizarre.

Seems pretty sensible to me. Don't make enemies with either of the sport's biggest teams and avoid spending a fortune on a). an EOL driver or b). an outspoken driver. Plus, Mercedes is a business and if they're going to invest money in young drivers only to place them in shitbox cars like Manor, what's the point of spending the money in the first place?

Whilst it would be awesome to see Vettel or Nando paired with Hamilton, it just doesn't really make sense from a number of perspectives, regardless of the regulation changes in 2017.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

learnincurve posted:

/looks around, shiftily

ozzy ozzy ozzy?

Trap sprung! :twisted:

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

oliwan posted:

not only do the Dutch dominate darts, football, and most other sports, now to the final frontier of formula 1 racing will be conquered starting 2017.

It's gonna be a tight battle between them and the UK for loudest/most obnoxious supporters next year.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Can you like, point to one example or just completely shutup?
No, simply not liking Lewis isn't "dog whistle racism" jfc

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
I am at a loss who to support anymore as my two guys have gone with Are Jensie and Are Rossie retiring.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

wicka posted:

One of these is not like the others.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

He's eliminated most options except Max Verstappen, is what he's saying.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

El Hefe posted:

One of these is not like the others.

He's presumably saying "I don't want to make enemies out of these teams, especially Williams," but it reads a lot like "Bottas sucks."

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Carth Dookie posted:

Buxton said he was a p cool dude one on one and only looked like a twat when being interviewed. But I think what Buxton meant was when he was being interviewed by Sky because Sky employs the worst interviewers to ask the worst questions.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
Nando had a fun day

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
Toto said he doesn't want to hire one of the big boys because of contract issues. At the same time you have Niki on record as saying it's their job to find loopholes in all the contracts.

Also Toto doesn't want Wehrlein because it would create a situation like 2007 with Alonso when the upstart Lewis didn't respect Alonsos achievements and bla bla.

Basically Pascal sucks.

EoRaptor
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

wicka posted:

You're reading it backwards. Toto is super good at being an affable german but he's really passive aggressive. He's saying that without their champion drivers, others teams would be hopeless vs mercedes, and that he isn't going to break up the current dynamic where they serve as the backdrop needed to make mercedes look amazing.

The williams / bottas comment does strike me as odd, as it would be very easy and cheap to cut a deal with williams and bottas would fit in as a number 2 at mercedes with few political issues. Make up for the loss of driver experience with some engineering support, and it'd probalby work out well.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

Williams is a customer though, and he might not want to piss them off by leaving them with a new guy and an empty seat.

Woden
May 6, 2006
He's saying he'll wait until after they've done testing on the 2017 cars before stealing one of them away.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

Riso posted:

Also Toto doesn't want Wehrlein because it would create a situation like 2007 with Alonso when the upstart Lewis didn't respect Alonsos achievements and bla bla.

If Whorllion beats Lewis I will eat my Scud hat.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

I am at a loss who to support anymore as my two guys have gone with Are Jensie and Are Rossie retiring.

Big John and Perez.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Basticle posted:

Big John and Perez.

Probably the only options that would be genuinely exciting.

• Locked thread