Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i really hope cammy can combo off her unsafe reversal now so that there's more of a reason to risk using it.

i also don't really understand why they would nerf midscreen throws when throws are already so weak.

i also also don't understand why its 5 new characters but i guess if they need to milk if till 2020 they can't just put out what people want right away

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
I don't think I would call throws weak, a big part of the game revolves around throws and baiting them out. Baiting out a throw successfully for many characters equals a shitload of damage and possible corner carry. Granted, that's not the actual throw doing that, but it's the threat of the throw all the same.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

Real hurthling! posted:

i really hope cammy can combo off her unsafe reversal now so that there's more of a reason to risk using it.

Comboing off v-reversals is a really dumb idea.

They should be faster, unsafe on block, and have no invincibility after activation. They're really super boring right now.

mrbotus
Apr 7, 2009

Patron of the Pants

Real hurthling! posted:

i also don't really understand why they would nerf midscreen throws when throws are already so weak.

i also also don't understand why its 5 new characters but i guess if they need to milk if till 2020 they can't just put out what people want right away

Considering how much they've been trying to drum up sales after the terrible launch, I'm surprised they're not bringing back more fan favorites. Because if they give us stupid characters like no-pants Russian lady, generic blonde-haired white boy in gray hoodie, etc. it's going to loving suck.

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013

Reiley posted:

The girl with the short hair and stuff on her belt has got to be Akira.

It's Akira Nishitani

fnox
May 19, 2013

First one really, really looks like C. Viper going by how the top of the head looks like her pompadour sticking out, and how the side looks like a blazer or a jacket sticking out.

Number two could potentially be Rolento, going by how what looks like an antenna sticking out of his chest from a handheld radio (He doesn't have a handheld radio on his costume but eh, it would seem logical for a military guy to have it), and what clearly seems like a beret on his head.

I'm pretty certain number 3 is Sagat, huge dude who seems to be bald, with really prominent brow ridges and a chunky nose.

I'd be pretty surprised if they don't end up adding Decapre who seemed pretty fleshed out in story mode, but other than the shape of the head I'm not too sure she's the fourth one. It's obviously a woman though, potentially a new character.

Really no idea on the last one, it should be a new character. Seems to be wearing shorts, and either a jacket or a karate gi top with a belt.

mrbotus
Apr 7, 2009

Patron of the Pants

fnox posted:

First one really, really looks like C. Viper going by how the top of the head looks like her pompadour sticking out, and how the side looks like a blazer or a jacket sticking out.

Number two could potentially be Rolento, going by how what looks like an antenna sticking out of his chest from a handheld radio (He doesn't have a handheld radio on his costume but eh, it would seem logical for a military guy to have it), and what clearly seems like a beret on his head.

I'm pretty certain number 3 is Sagat, huge dude who seems to be bald, with really prominent brow ridges and a chunky nose.

I'd be pretty surprised if they don't end up adding Decapre who seemed pretty fleshed out in story mode, but other than the shape of the head I'm not too sure she's the fourth one. It's obviously a woman though, potentially a new character.

Really no idea on the last one, it should be a new character. Seems to be wearing shorts, and either a jacket or a karate gi top with a belt.

Supposedly they're all characters never seen in SF before.

fnox
May 19, 2013

nickmeister posted:

Supposedly they're all characters never seen in SF before.

Well that's bullshit. Is Capcom really that dumb to alienate fans, more than what they've done already?

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

Evil Canadian posted:

Count me as a fan of the 4 out of soon to be 23 characters losing their meterless reversals. Either the bulk of people should have them or nobody.

As for Vega rolls being more + the big thing is how much closer does it leave you standing. If you can get a lp piledriver off mk roll now then its worth otherwise not much difference. Also cr.hp crush counter is basically zero sum buff as it needs something else to change to make it worthwhile, j.mk is his real anti air, and there is no combo to be done off a cr.hp crush counter that isn't already better with st.hk.

Not exactly. st. hk whiffs all crouchers, cr. hp does not. One of Vega's many weaknesses is that he didn't have a crush counter tool against crouching characters.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

fnox posted:

Is Capcom really that dumb

If you really have to ask this, you haven't been around for too long.

To be fair to them, that includes some Final Fight characters or possible deep cuts from the extended universe. Like, I'm sure the massive fucker there is gonna be Haggar. There's some possibilities here.

mrbotus
Apr 7, 2009

Patron of the Pants

Dias posted:

If you really have to ask this, you haven't been around for too long.

To be fair to them, that includes some Final Fight characters or possible deep cuts from the extended universe. Like, I'm sure the massive fucker there is gonna be Haggar. There's some possibilities here.

I just really hope it's not going to be multiple versions of the lame rear end "doll" archetype.

Edit:

So I main Ryu. I can understand taking away the invincible DP. But apparently Ryu's normals outside of v-trigger are slower to come out. WTF? He already has the worst reach in the game, is it really necessary to make him slower as well?

mrbotus fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Dec 4, 2016

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Evil Canadian posted:

Also cr.hp crush counter is basically zero sum buff as it needs something else to change to make it worthwhile, j.mk is his real anti air, and there is no combo to be done off a cr.hp crush counter that isn't already better with st.hk.

Except that clawless cr.hp has a reasonable startup and st.hk takes an hour to get going.
Also the hitbox on clawless cr.hp is much better in general.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Comboing off V-Reversals is dumb, but they should either all be punishable on block or put you back to a neutral setting where no one is at advantage. Having mine be -8 while some are zero is annoying. Being strike invuln is OK otherwise continued attacks would hit you out of it, or longer animations which actually sometimes happens anyway for the shittier ones. Them losing to throws is enough of a risk for them IMO

Char 1 is definitely Helen/Kolin. 4 I'm almost certain is Satsuki

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Jack Trades posted:

Except that clawless cr.hp has a reasonable startup and st.hk takes an hour to get going.
Also the hitbox on clawless cr.hp is much better in general.

So what who cares this is for a crush counter situation. If you are trying to anti air with cr hp instead of j.mk you are already doing it wrong as cr hp is not reliable and j mk is. Something else needs to change besides cc property to make it worth doing.

A.o.D. posted:

Not exactly. st. hk whiffs all crouchers, cr. hp does not. One of Vega's many weaknesses is that he didn't have a crush counter tool against crouching characters.

It would change my punish combo against karin that's it. Unless something else changes it being cc by itself gains nothing as no combo would do more than cc st.hk punish.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

While weird it actually does seem like they're trying to shake the game up. Giving some characters an extra button that can combo is an encouraging change in my book. It would really help if they would talk about what kind of gameplay they want and how they're trying to create it. Like what's the guiding vision for the balance team? Or are they just in see what sticks panic mode?

I wonder when they plan to launch the season two changes now that the cpt is over. If they're smart they would launch it this month, allowing people to play with it and collect feedback for a final round of changes before the season starts again. Presumably this means that they'll instead release it the day of their first premier.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Elvis_Maximus posted:

While weird it actually does seem like they're trying to shake the game up. Giving some characters an extra button that can combo is an encouraging change in my book. It would really help if they would talk about what kind of gameplay they want and how they're trying to create it. Like what's the guiding vision for the balance team? Or are they just in see what sticks panic mode?

I wonder when they plan to launch the season two changes now that the cpt is over. If they're smart they would launch it this month, allowing people to play with it and collect feedback for a final round of changes before the season starts again. Presumably this means that they'll instead release it the day of their first premier.

I thought there was a date, 12/20. Or is that just when you can buy the new season pass

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

In Training posted:

I thought there was a date, 12/20. Or is that just when you can buy the new season pass

akuma comes out then, and he's part of season 2, so maybe?

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

str8 mercin burgers my nigga

Evil Canadian posted:

So what who cares this is for a crush counter situation. If you are trying to anti air with cr hp instead of j.mk you are already doing it wrong as cr hp is not reliable and j mk is. Something else needs to change besides cc property to make it worth doing.

It would change my punish combo against karin that's it. Unless something else changes it being cc by itself gains nothing as no combo would do more than cc st.hk punish.

I'm no vega master but I think it's just about having another cc for him because one doesn't hit on crouching and the other all you can get from it is a slide maybe.

I'm not necessarily asking for a combo to do more damage then cc st hk punish but it's certainly nice to have another option.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

zooted heh posted:

I'm no vega master but I think it's just about having another cc for him because one doesn't hit on crouching and the other all you can get from it is a slide maybe.

I'm not necessarily asking for a combo to do more damage then cc st hk punish but it's certainly nice to have another option.

Like I ain't complaining but I am just struggling to see the point. There absolutely could be another change that hasn't been said yet that puts it into perfect sense but I just wonder why this change. To me the main use is its counterpoking because it has so many active frames, but the range i'd use it at there is no followup for a CC (just like f+hp crush counter). Its mostly pointless worrywork I suppose without the full change list.

*ed*

Oh dang in sadder SF news, looks like Ono's dog died while he was away, he cancelled all other appointments and flew back to Japan :(

Evil Canadian fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Dec 4, 2016

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Ono :(

I hope he's okay and that his dog is in a better place. I'm sure they've had lots of happy memories together

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

In Training posted:

Oh that's nice, totally missed that.

If it's that soon I hope they'll actually release complete change logs then, rather than doing the standard change a bunch of stuff and don't really note it. I suppose people will figure it out either way.

Also RIP Ono's dog :(

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

https://twitter.com/Yoshi_OnoChin/status/805307855465086976

:(

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Evil Canadian posted:

Who cares about landing a juggle combo after an anti-air?
Assuming cr.hp follows the same rules as st.hk, a CC anti-air would let you juggle with any combination of VT, EX FBA and/or CA. Even without any meter Vega can juggle with cr.hk and get a setup from it.

I don't know about you but that sounds slightly better than 60 damage (or whatever j.mk does) and losing screen real estate.

Jack Trades fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Dec 4, 2016

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

st.HK seems like a better anti-air to me.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

Jack Trades posted:

Who cares about landing a juggle combo after an anti-air?
Assuming cr.hp follows the same rules as st.hk, a CC anti-air would let you juggle with any combination of VT, EX FBA and/or CA. Even without any meter Vega can juggle with cr.hk and get a setup from it.

I don't know about you but that sounds slightly better than 60 damage (or whatever j.mk does) and losing screen real estate.

J.mk leaves you plus in their face unless you do it last possible second. Unless they change the frame data or the hitbox on cr.hp its still almost as unreliable as st.hk, but at least st.hk can blast people from much better angles if you got the read. The sure bet with good advantage better than the risk any day of the week.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

https://twitter.com/Yoshi_OnoChin/status/805307855465086976?lang=en

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Evil Canadian posted:

Unless they change the frame data or the hitbox on cr.hp its still almost as unreliable as st.hk, but at least st.hk can blast people from much better angles if you got the read. The sure bet with good advantage better than the risk any day of the week.

In my experience clawless cr.hp is the most reliable grounded anti-air Vega has and is one of the main reasons why I stopped using claw-mode entierly.
Sure st.hk can hit from farther away but it's like two times slower with a shittier smaller hitbox that misses way more often.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

Jack Trades posted:

In my experience clawless cr.hp is the most reliable grounded anti-air Vega has and is one of the main reasons why I stopped using claw-mode entierly.
Sure st.hk can hit from farther away but it's like two times slower with a shittier smaller hitbox that misses way more often.

It absolutely is the most reliable grounded anti air normal he has. It still isn't good though, vs j.mk being actually reliable(as its faster, with a better hitbox, and you will be in a plus situation 9 times out of 10). Neither it or st.hk are worth doing as anti-airs when J.mk is a thing, St.hp getting crush counter won't change that. St.hp's best use is in its varying setups where it can catch both techups and backrolls, and as a long range whiff punish canceled into ex walldive.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

Jack Trades posted:

9*2 = 11 now I guess,

also

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

st.HK seems like a better anti-air to me.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Evil Canadian posted:

It absolutely is the most reliable grounded anti air normal he has. It still isn't good though, vs j.mk being actually reliable(as its faster, with a better hitbox, and you will be in a plus situation 9 times out of 10). Neither it or st.hk are worth doing as anti-airs when J.mk is a thing, St.hp getting crush counter won't change that. St.hp's best use is in its varying setups where it can catch both techups and backrolls, and as a long range whiff punish canceled into ex walldive.

Fair enough.
It's not like any of that matters anyways. Vega is still loving garbage most likely.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Is there a list of all the changes somewhere, or is it just random stuff trickling out over twitter

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

Evil Canadian posted:

Before this change, Vega had no crush counter pressure that worked against crouching opponents because he was never + enough to use buster claw. It's a massive hole in his offense that is covered in clawless stance with the season 2 change. This will actually help Vega out a lot when it comes to his grounded pressure game.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

A.o.D. posted:

Before this change, Vega had no crush counter pressure that worked against crouching opponents because he was never + enough to use buster claw. It's a massive hole in his offense that is covered in clawless stance with the season 2 change. This will actually help Vega out a lot when it comes to his grounded pressure game.

As I said, the way you should be using it at the range you should be using it in footsies, it won't change anything. It already forces standing on hit which you can convert into ex walldive which is the only thing that matters. If they change the numbers on it then sure great whatever but as it stands, it don't change much. In fact now I think about it, if its changed into a launch CC it will hurt more than help even.

dog house
Sep 13, 2012

attackmole posted:

Is there a list of all the changes somewhere, or is it just random stuff trickling out over twitter

I don't think it's up yet but they're suppose to be putting something out at some point today.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

attackmole posted:

random playest poo poo on twitter

it should be on capcom unity today

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Event hubs has a twitter comment compilation article up with a lot of conflicting poo poo

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Real hurthling! posted:

Event hubs has a twitter comment compilation article up with a lot of conflicting poo poo

itd be cool if you link the thing you talk about rather than saying that a thing exists

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

anime was right posted:

itd be cool if you link the thing you talk about rather than saying that a thing exists

Phone posting is a bitch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
im glad onos dog is dead