Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

lol "I physically assaulted a nine year old and her dad is angry at me wtf?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Gluten Freeman posted:

that last one makes me question whether it's real, cos that's some serious evil poo poo
Who's evil? The 28 year old woman who gets mad and slaps a child in the face over what could have been an innocent question or a child asking a question? She has no examples of the child doing anything actually malicious.

It's not nearly as complex as these people make it out to be, and she is just justifying her own lovely behavior. She was clearly connecting with the kid over makeup, the kid said something way out of line and it hurt her feelings due to it being 180 of what they were doing and also offensive on its own even though the kid might not know that, and instead of reacting like a god drat adult and just calmly explaining she wasn't or that it's inappropriate to say stuff like that she slaps the kid in the face?

Even if the kid was playing it up, she slapped the kid and feels like she's at war with a literal nine year old. She can't act like an adult and is instead getting owned by a nine year old girl through her own admission. It might even be by accident and not intentional. Someone is clearly poisoning the well with the gold digger stuff, but the child also seems to like her. There are some real bad kids out there, but the child is not even accused of making anything up. This woman is ruining her own life.

The father is never going to live that slap down. That's infinite ammo for the girl's mother, and he can't rationalize it like she is trying to. It doesn't sound like he wants to give her a chance over it anyway.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 13:24 on Dec 4, 2016

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Like yeah her bio mom is clearly poisoning that relationship which is incredibly petty and doing nothing good for her daughter in her formative years but if you hit a 9 year old in a fit of anger that one action confirmed everything and grats you just made everyone worse off for it. Also you are thus as mature as a 9 year old. There's help online and professionally as a step parent to dealing with this and this isn't one of them.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

yeah i was saying that this woman calling a nine-year old that level of manipulative is seriously evil (her reddit username is literally "notanevilstepmother") which makes me think (or hope) it's a troll

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Sammus posted:

He'll cook, but it sounds like he's the kinda rear end in a top hat who doesn't believe in doing anything to clean up after he cooks.

I can't blame him for being confused about insurance though, that poo poo is confusing as gently caress for anyone. Taxes though? Give me a fuckin break, it's not like he didn't have to pay them wherever he used to live. Mother fucker should get Turbo Tax.

If you live in the UK and work a regular job taxes are automatic. You don't have to file anything every year.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

Gluten Freeman posted:

yeah i was saying that this woman calling a nine-year old that level of manipulative is seriously evil (her reddit username is literally "notanevilstepmother") which makes me think (or hope) it's a troll

Troll? Probably not. There's something about lots of people who don't like or want kids really vehemently that makes them think children are these master manipulators when in reality they're just smarter than them.

Good for the dad, that woman is insane.

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer

quote:

since I haven't been working for the past year due to wedding planning

Wtf sort of wedding was she planning that it was a full-time job?? I planned our wedding while working full-time, I'd love to hear more about this full-time wedding.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

Bobby Digital posted:

berth ell pup

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

Rondette posted:

Wtf sort of wedding was she planning that it was a full-time job?? I planned our wedding while working full-time, I'd love to hear more about this full-time wedding.

I'll give you a hint: she's 28, he's 40. She's not mad at what the kid said, she's mad because the kid is right.

54 40 or fuck fucked around with this message at 14:10 on Dec 4, 2016

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

lol at the adult hitting a child in the face and calling it "corporal punishment"

like even old-timey Christian schoolteachers didn't hit you in the loving face

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

There is little that makes me happier than taking drugs. Perhaps administering them, designing and carrying out experiments that bend the plane of what we consider reality.

loquacius posted:

lol at the adult hitting a child in the face and calling it "corporal punishment"

My father told me about way worse abuse than that, that took place in catholic school in the 1970's.

Not sexual. Physical.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

loquacius posted:

Uhh yes they did?

My (17F) brother (15M) got our little brother (3M) to go up to people in public and insult them with things like "fat cow" or "SJW". Our dad doesn't care, is there something I can do?

quote:

Our parents got divorced when we were young and dad remarried so 3M is actually our half brother but still.

Since they're divorced we live with our mom and visit our dad, stepmom, and little brother one weekend a month. This weekend we are with them and this afternoon we all went out to dinner except our stepmom who couldn't come.

When my dad was in the bathroom my brother (15M) started whispering to 3M but I just figured they were joking around or sharing a "secret". But then 3M got up and wandered over to a table nearby where another family was eating. I went over to get him but as I was going he pointed to each person and insulted them. He said "you look like a fat cow" to the lady, "you look like a pussy" to the guy, and "you look like an SJW" to their daughter who looked about my age.

I was super embarrassed and started apologizing. 3M ran back to our table and when I went back 15M was laughing and gave him a piece of gum. I asked if he'd put him up to that and my brother started laughing and was like yeah I said I'd give him gum if he did it, chill out, it was just a joke.

When my dad got back I told him what had happened and he was more mad that my brother had given him gum in case he swallowed it. He didn't really care about the insults and even kind of laughed when my brother bragged about what he'd gotten 3M to say.

I thought it was really rude and I don't want my little brother to like start doing stuff like this thinking it's okay, or my brother to encourage or bribe him again. But neither he or our dad took it seriously and said it was harmless, that obviously a little kid doesn't mean it. But I'm not his parent so I don't know what if anything I should do so that he understands it's wrong even if my brother bribes him with candy.

TL;DR my brother bribed our much younger brother into insulting some people in a restaurant and our dad just thinks it's funny and didn't really think what my brother did was that bad.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I thought they just hit you on the hands arms and butt :shrug:

well at any rate nobody should hit kids and doing it on the face or head is worst of all

Syncopated posted:

My (17F) brother (15M) got our little brother (3M) to go up to people in public and insult them with things like "fat cow" or "SJW". Our dad doesn't care, is there something I can do?

what did they look like tho

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

if you asked my parents, corporal punishment on your kid's faces is bad because the marks are very visible, unlike the hands, feet or butt.

Syncopated posted:

congrats, you have a terrible brother and dad.

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

If you're going to do corporal punishment with a kid, like, Jesus, it's an absolute last resort where you first take them aside and calmly and seriously explain how and why what they did that was so utterly terrible and never-to-be-repeated that the punishment needs to escalate to that level. If you're slapping a kid in the face in anger because words gently caress off you psychopath. Yikes.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Yeah she sounds messed up and unable to handle kids at all or do anything at all to be a good step mom and blaming the daughter for her own insecurities and pissing match with the ex wife. The whole year to plan a wedding is hilarious and it's clear she's not telling us other poo poo she messed up.

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

Speaking of incels, let's see how they're getting on.

quote:

I'm thinking of going to various subreddits and threatening to kill myself if a female doesn't volunteer to sleep with me.

I'll do this under an assumed SN, and will upload vids of myself crying and "self-harming".

(Don't worry, it will be fake blood, I wouldn't actually harm myself unless it meant taking out a bunch of normies with me.)

This will be part genuine attempt to get laid, and partly a social experiment to see just how malicious and lacking in empathy most women are.

Any tips or suggestions before I begin?

Oh, good.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

"a female" lol

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

lazorexplosion posted:

Oh, good.

:wtc:
This guy is a dangerously abusive relationship waiting to happen

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

lazorexplosion posted:

Oh, good.

Women won't sleep with me under threat. Clearly this makes them evil.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

lazorexplosion posted:

Oh, good.

this guy does not know how sex works and I suspect he wouldn't be able to have it if it were offered to him

like, if he did this the only valid response would be ":therapy:" and they'd be right whether or not it was a ruse

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

If you want a pizza this pie
You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
Dance on the groove flour
And I'll give you a disco-unt
Sounds like in his attempts to get laid, this guy is writing a guide inceling himself

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

lazorexplosion posted:

Oh, good.

further confirming that anyone doing something insane for the sake of "a social experiment" is a horrible rear end in a top hat

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

I also love that he has a desperation plan to kill a bunch of people if his life gets too sad.

Oh no, wait, what's the opposite of love?

JnnyThndrs
May 29, 2001

HERE ARE THE FUCKING TOWELS
Jesus, that slap thing is hosed up, kids will push the hell out of your buttons and its your job as a parent not to let it get to you, or at least not show that it does.

Dude's right up there with the 'this isn't an ultimatum, GTFO' guy in the 'heroes of this thread' pantheon.

And whoever said the woman's mad 'cause the kid is right hit the nail on the head, the only insults that really get to you are the ones you fear are true.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

lazorexplosion posted:

Oh, good.

:(
this guy is too contemptible to pity

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

54 40 or gently caress posted:

Troll? Probably not. There's something about lots of people who don't like or want kids really vehemently that makes them think children are these master manipulators when in reality they're just smarter than them.

Good for the dad, that woman is insane.

My soon-to-be father-in-law has complained about how evil and terrible his stepdaughter is. He's right, she is a terrible piece of poo poo human being now, but that's probably a result of him being her stepfather. He's told me, word for word, "from the day I met her I knew we would never get along and she was going to be a thorn in my side". He met this child when she was 2. :stare:

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

Chichevache posted:

My soon-to-be father-in-law has complained about how evil and terrible his stepdaughter is. He's right, she is a terrible piece of poo poo human being now, but that's probably a result of him being her stepfather. He's told me, word for word, "from the day I met her I knew we would never get along and she was going to be a thorn in my side". He met this child when she was 2. :stare:

Meaning what he actually should have said was "I decided that I didn't like this child from the moment I saw them". It's not difficult to get a two year old to like you

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
I feel really bad for the 9 year old girl who has to deal with a crazy unemployed stepmom who abuses her and a mom who probably pits the kid against the stepmom regularly. Considering her dad's divorced, who knows what else she's had to deal with. I hope the situation improves for her, now that OP's out of the picture. :gbsmith:

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

lazorexplosion posted:

If you're going to do corporal punishment with a kid, like, Jesus, it's an absolute last resort where you first take them aside and calmly and seriously explain how and why what they did that was so utterly terrible and never-to-be-repeated that the punishment needs to escalate to that level. If you're slapping a kid in the face in anger because words gently caress off you psychopath. Yikes.

This guy is a Good Dad, and I'm glad he was one-strike about this.

I had to :sever: with a live-in girlfriend for similar poo poo, but (fortunately?) more mental/verbal than physical. After professing how she minored in early childhood education and it was going to be cool and good that she was in my kids lives; she couldn't bring herself to be the bigger person than my 5-year-old. Nothing physical but just a lot of snideness and backbiting, and assuming that a 5-year old from a broken home was some master manipulator rather than just acting out, kind of like this broad. And so she'd give it back with snide comments, passive agressiveness and storming wordlessly out of the house. It wasn't even nasty stuff directed at her specifically my kid was doing, just crying and tantrums and kid poo poo.

Pretty much put me off letting anyone I date get involved in my kids lives without it being demonstrably already long-term and introducing them with just ridiculous amounts of caution in phases.

That redittor technically correct about the ring, but I mean hitting someone's kid is pretty much de facto calling off the engagement yourself. IDK where Emily Post falls on that stuff. And honestly if she's in a material position where the only way to support herself is to sell the ring, then I can see where the kid kind of hit close to the mark to get her worked up...

Fullhouse posted:

further confirming that anyone doing something insane for the sake of "a social experiment" is a horrible rear end in a top hat

Right up there with "just a prank, bro! Just a prank!"

Owlbear Camus fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Dec 4, 2016

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Jewelry is intrinsically worthless anyways that the only way to get real money for it is fake a robbery and have theft insurance on it. So yeah, this woman sounds horrible and has no idea Violet is just a kid. Be mad at the ex, not the kid for crying out loud and instead of protecting her as an extension of the ex, idk, see her as her husbands pride and joy and try to be better? The fact the gold digger remark angered her and the fact it sounds like she doesn't do anything but keep a home poorly makes me believe 100% she's worthless and I'm glad the husband left her. The fact she cares so much about a ring being hers is even dumber.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

And honestly if she's in a material position where the only way to support herself is to sell the ring, then I can see where the kid kind of hit close to the mark to get her worked up...

And if the ring is worth as much as she says it is, daddy's rich. And she doesn't have any way to support herself?
Gold digger.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

At least he is spared the indignity of winning the Superbowl only to drive off in a Hundai.

It was from a few pages back but that guy who went out of his way not to shame or embarass his girl for making GBS threads herself during sex is basically a r/relationship superhero.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Also Violet is totally a rich kid name

I want to know how loaded this guy is if the ring is worth anything significant and what this woman did before her shot at bridezilla

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

It was from a few pages back but that guy who went out of his way not to shame or embarass his girl for making GBS threads herself during sex is basically a r/relationship superhero.

While the story was loving hilarious, I don't see how he's some incredible superhero for acting like a normal human being and cleaning up a little mess. Sex is messy and awkward by design and it's ordinary for weird poo poo (heh) to happen without embarrassingly bringing it up, whether it's blood, pee, whatever.

Laughing Man
Feb 11, 2008
I thought what I’d do was pretend I was one of those deaf mutes, or something...

Hot Smart ARYAN Girl posted:

Pretty sure he said he would cook for himself, but both of them seem crazy, so we will never know who is more crazy.

What the hell kind of ear problem would that be? Is there an ear doctor in the house?

Blew out his ear drums at the electro show, one slightly less than the other.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

While the story was loving hilarious, I don't see how he's some incredible superhero for acting like a normal human being and cleaning up a little mess. Sex is messy and awkward by design and it's ordinary for weird poo poo (heh) to happen without embarrassingly bringing it up, whether it's blood, pee, whatever.

:agreed: but I'm grading on a r/relationships curve, where you'd expect this post to be about how he rolled around in it and then shouted at her through the shower door how he wanted to open their relationship

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

It was the thoughtfulness of hiding poo poo from someone who freaks out over spotting blood, it also sounds like it was at her place as he was surprised by the mattress pad.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

:agreed: but I'm grading on a r/relationships curve, where you'd expect this post to be about how he rolled around in it and then shouted at her through the shower door how he wanted to open their relationship

That's true. If you're contrasting with the average /r/relationships post, he's calm and sensible vs. a typical raving lunatic. We should be commending him for not making an unhinged post about how his girlfriend kicked him out of the house and won't speak to him after he went bonkers yelling at her about what to do the moment she got out of the shower or some such.

Cough Drop The Beat fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Dec 4, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Re: ring chat

Im p sure engagement rings are treated like a contract (it's yours under condition of marriage).

If they call off the engagement (he should) hed be able to sue to get the ring back if it really is that expensive