Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001

MrLonghair posted:

What do you do with the arena pots you've force-received for reward, dump on whatever best you have from the Altema ratings? That'd be WoL from what I have.

Use them on the appropriate 6* capable units, so for WoL I would think any DEF or HP ups you could put on him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.
I've been dumping HP and SPR onto Refia, MAG and MP into ExDeath, DEF and LB onto Cecil, and just recently decided to put ATK into Chiz, since her 6* is coming soon and is apparently good. I don't really have any other top tier physical dps so yea.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
I put everything into Lightning except: LB for 4* Cecil and MAG for Kefka. Just maxed HP on her so HP is now going into Tilith.

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

McSpankWich posted:

I've been dumping HP and SPR onto Refia, MAG and MP into ExDeath, DEF and LB onto Cecil, and just recently decided to put ATK into Chiz, since her 6* is coming soon and is apparently good. I don't really have any other top tier physical dps so yea.

Got the impression that 6* Chorizo is useless. Apart from that the 6* awakening will override any pots you fed her, will it not?

jaclynhyde
May 28, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

PringleCreamEgg posted:

Looking at the japanese altema website for the game, it seems they added Onion Knight who is insanely good.

Jesus, someone at Gumi really loves FFIII.

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001

Vax posted:

Got the impression that 6* Chorizo is useless. Apart from that the 6* awakening will override any pots you fed her, will it not?

Pots stick even on awakening. It's why people pot up Cecil's LB to 10 before making him 4*.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.

Vax posted:

No, it's just that many fewer pots I have to feed her when she awakens.

\/\/\/ - Also this, some of us have never pulled a 5*base, or a rainbow crystal, ever :smith:

McSpankWich fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Dec 4, 2016

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008

Vax posted:

Got the impression that 6* Chorizo is useless.

I mean sure, if you've got lightnings/luneths/Gregs out the wazoo.

I'd still use cheese over lightning just cause her animations don't take 50 years.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Vax posted:

Shark Tower posted:

I mean sure, if you've got lightnings/luneths/Gregs out the wazoo.

On top of the stat bump going from 5* to 6* (which puts her statistically on par with DK Cecil, so one of the punchier 6*s out there), her awakening gives her:
  • A 20% chance to dodge any physical attack
  • A 200% Power/25% Ignore Defense physical move
  • A stronger version of Mirage (auto-dodge the next 3 attacks)
  • A 210% Power physical attack with 30% Stop proc (This is the same Stop that Agrias's Stasis Sword carries, for reference)
  • +25% to all stats when equipped with a Katana (stacks with Blade Mastery, obviously)
  • A 140% Power/50% Ignore Defense AoE attack (so basically "Bladeblitz but DEF-piercing")

For reference, Lightning's attack dodge passive is 30%, and Electric Blitz (her strongest move before Crushing Blow) is also 200% power, but without the DEF piercing.

Is Chizuru the best 6* you can get? No, even right now she's slightly outpaced by Lightning and Luneth's raw damage output due to harder-hitting nukes in Crushing Blow and Cut Through (plus their baked-in Dual Wield), and Orlandu makes every other 6* look bad in comparison. Is she still a solid 6*? Most definitely; she'll likely outdamage Gilgamesh or Bartz if TMRs aren't brought into consideration, though she lacks the durability of the former and the versatility of the latter. Really, her biggest issues are that she's still pretty squishy for a DPS unit and she really, really wants Dual Wield and/or her own Blade Mastery TMR to be competitive. Being locked into Katanas And Katanas Alone kind of hurts her, too.

But she's by no means useless.

Tipme
Oct 30, 2009
Hi. I'm a Chelsea fan since 2010. Please murder me with a piece of pipe. thanks.
TBH I'd save pots until you awaken them to 6* because pots do give experience, and I'm all about that efficiency you know? The less gigantaurs/maranda coast the better

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 24 hours!

Tipme posted:

TBH I'd save pots until you awaken them to 6* because pots do give experience, and I'm all about that efficiency you know? The less gigantaurs/maranda coast the better

They take up space in your stable requiring Lapis to add slots if you are full up.

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

Anyone have a super-buff Cloud of Darkness with the thorned mace and Diablos I can borrow to clear Big Bridge ELT?

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat
I've read a fair bit but I have a question about which units to concentrate on. My current team is

Vann 5*, Demon Rain 6*, Bartz 5*, Rydia 5*, White Witch Fina 6*

I have pretty pish equipment (I only started playing a month or so ago) and they're still 20 or 30 levels from maxing out. In terms of other significant units I have Arc, Refia, Exdeath, Cloud of Darkness, Black Cat Lid, Zidane, Tellah, Faris.

Am I missing some kind of 'must have' types or can I build a strong team with a combination of these?

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001

Ratzap posted:

I've read a fair bit but I have a question about which units to concentrate on. My current team is

I have pretty pish equipment (I only started playing a month or so ago) and they're still 20 or 30 levels from maxing out. In terms of other significant units I have Arc, Refia, Exdeath, Cloud of Darkness, Black Cat Lid, Zidane, Tellah, Faris.

Am I missing some kind of 'must have' types or can I build a strong team with a combination of these?

You have a pretty strong team there. Demon Rain/CoD/(Vaan for break or 6* Bartz)/Refia/ExDeath is certainly good enough to get through anything we have had so far with a good friend joining you - this includes any of the events.

Mrit SA
Nov 11, 2016

by Lowtax

Ratzap posted:

Dump WWFina for Refia immediately. Depending on the team you want to build, the rest of your squad is decent. Though I'd use CoD(so good on humans, great utility), level BC Lid(Hex Strike is broken, not joking, its actually broken), and Arc/ExDeath(Arc is easier to get to good, but ExDeath has far more potential)

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!
Professor Powercreep is go

Pokemaster #421
Jul 14, 2005

For a swift one at the wrist, down on the old main drag.
Well at least dk Cecil is pulling his weight in the arena this week. He's the only other 6 star guy I've got aside from exdeath who can hit the entire opposing team and with refias embolden he usually drops 999 on almost everyone. Glad I'm finally getting some use out of him since I was so damned bummed when I pulled him on Luneths banner. Still pissed about that but what can you do

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Pokemaster #421 posted:

Well at least dk Cecil is pulling his weight in the arena this week. He's the only other 6 star guy I've got aside from exdeath who can hit the entire opposing team and with refias embolden he usually drops 999 on almost everyone. Glad I'm finally getting some use out of him since I was so damned bummed when I pulled him on Luneths banner. Still pissed about that but what can you do

Diablos + Staff User + Golem Staff (+dual wield) = AOE darkside with 30% chance of petrify per target, twice if you can dual wield. Even comes with man eater. I've got Butts doing it, since he lacks innate AOE this arena week.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Vax posted:

All hail void tree

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008

This could be trouble!

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Vax posted:

:negative: if only I had dual wield.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

My lucky streak finally ended. Decided 6000 crystals was too many to have lying around and did an 11-summon. WoL and a pile of poo poo.

Mrit SA
Nov 11, 2016

by Lowtax

Rigel posted:

My lucky streak finally ended. Decided 6000 crystals was too many to have lying around and did an 11-summon. WoL and a pile of poo poo.

If you didn't have WoL already, you will love that pull in a month or two.
I still don't have him. :(

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Mrit SA posted:

If you didn't have WoL already, you will love that pull in a month or two.
I still don't have him. :(

I got him a while ago. What's good about him? Or becomes good about him.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

he gains several skills that make him an amazing tank.
rather then just vaguely describe them let me list the skills he gets on his new awakening.
code:
Hope: 	+100% DEF after HP drops below 30%
Pride of Warrior: 	30% Chance Counter Magic w/] Self Recover 25% HP/MP
Encourage: 	AoE 5 Turn +45% ATK/DEF 	
Brave Presence: 	1 Turn +100% Chance to be Targeted
Armor Erasor: 	AoE 3 Turn -45% DEF/SPR Debuff
Arms Eraser: 	AoE 3 Turn -45% ATK/MAG Debuff
The Light is with Us: 	3 Turn 50% Chance to Defend Allies (Reduce +50% Phys./Mag. Damage)
Note that armor erasor and arms erasor are AoE and reduce more then fullbreak does.

Tengames fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Dec 5, 2016

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 24 hours!

Tengames posted:

he gains several skills that make him an amazing tank.
rather then just vaguely describe them let me list the skills he gets on his new awakening.
code:
Hope: 	+100% DEF after HP drops below 30%
Pride of Warrior: 	30% Chance Counter Magic w/] Self Recover 25% HP/MP
Encourage: 	AoE 5 Turn +45% ATK/DEF 	
Brave Presence: 	1 Turn +100% Chance to be Targeted
Armor Erasor: 	AoE 3 Turn -45% DEF/SPR Debuff
Arms Eraser: 	AoE 3 Turn -45% ATK/MAG Debuff
The Light is with Us: 	3 Turn 50% Chance to Defend Allies (Reduce +50% Phys./Mag. Damage)
Note that armor erasor and arms erasor are AoE and reduce more then fullbreak does.

So if you have Cecil and WoL, you can pick a tank that can Curaja or a tank that can Mega Break in 2 turns.

:getin:

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Cartoon Man posted:

So if you have Cecil and WoL, you can pick a tank that can Curaja or a tank that can Mega Break in 2 turns.

:getin:

Tough choice then. Why can't I have more party slots.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I'd gladly trade a couple of my Kefkas or Kriles for a WOL and/or Cecil. :smith:

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008
The 1% of the time that arena whale teams co-ordinate well enough to take out yours sure does make me want for 5* bases of my own someday.

'Course it doesn't help that I'm still trying to use 3 magic-neutered exdeaths because I'm too lazy to redistribute equipment, plus having really limited 6* options. We'll see how things go next arena reset :argh:

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 24 hours!

Shark Tower posted:

The 1% of the time that arena whale teams co-ordinate well enough to take out yours sure does make me want for 5* bases of my own someday.

'Course it doesn't help that I'm still trying to use 3 magic-neutered exdeaths because I'm too lazy to redistribute equipment, plus having really limited 6* options. We'll see how things go next arena reset :argh:

Since they turned healers back on, I have yet to see a whale team take down my Refia at 7200 HP, boosted with the bonus. They've come close on a dual turn, got her down to almost 1000. I then had her dual cast curaja and Cecil used his as well to triple Curaja her almost to full, lol.

The only way they'll get her is if they hit her with whatever that poo poo is that drains your MP to zero, hasn't happened yet.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Cartoon Man posted:

Since they turned healers back on, I have yet to see a whale team take down my Refia at 7200 HP, boosted with the bonus. They've come close on a dual turn, got her down to almost 1000. I then had her dual cast curaja and Cecil used his as well to triple Curaja her almost to full, lol.

The only way they'll get her is if they hit her with whatever that poo poo is that drains your MP to zero, hasn't happened yet.

This is exactly why I don't do heal arenas. I'm the only person without a refia.

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

Do I gun hard for getting my Cloud of Darkness I pulled a few days ago from 3* to 6* or finish getting Exdeath and Bartz to max level (they're already 6*)? I still need to finish Big Bridge ELT.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
Greg Down

FUUUUUCK 5 manning that. I can possibly Try for the No KO but nah.

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate
Anyone else having issues with the arena crashing the game? Can't even get in to it, just crashes right off.

Vadun
Mar 9, 2011

I'm hungrier than a green snake in a sugar cane field.

Are there any chocobo themed characters beyond Sazh, Refia and (Black Cat) Lid?

I can fill 4 slots with the above, but I want a 5th

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

Vadun posted:

Are there any chocobo themed characters beyond Sazh, Refia and (Black Cat) Lid?

I can fill 4 slots with the above, but I want a 5th

There's an actual chocobo knight but I'm not sure when we'd get it.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

Chen Kenichi posted:

You have a pretty strong team there. Demon Rain/CoD/(Vaan for break or 6* Bartz)/Refia/ExDeath is certainly good enough to get through anything we have had so far with a good friend joining you - this includes any of the events.

Mrit SA posted:

Dump WWFina for Refia immediately. Depending on the team you want to build, the rest of your squad is decent. Though I'd use CoD(so good on humans, great utility), level BC Lid(Hex Strike is broken, not joking, its actually broken), and Arc/ExDeath(Arc is easier to get to good, but ExDeath has far more potential)

Thanks for the advice. It'll take a while to get them awakened properly but that's what I was after - a goal set to aim for.

BC Lid is fairly well along since I got her in the first few days.

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy
I hope Bobby Corwen becomes a playable character. Bobby is the best.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Skyridge posted:

Do I gun hard for getting my Cloud of Darkness I pulled a few days ago from 3* to 6* or finish getting Exdeath and Bartz to max level (they're already 6*)? I still need to finish Big Bridge ELT.

I would finish up Exdeath first and probably Bartz. I think CoD is better than Bartz but he's already 6* so you may as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.

hey girl you up posted:

I hope Bobby Corwen becomes a playable character. Bobby is the best.

Realistically I bet we get Beatrix as a 5*-6* if they actually upgrade the FF9 characters. I don't think they'll actually end up doing that ever, though. Bobby Corwin and Black Waltz 3 would be the best though.

• Locked thread