Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Jose Valasquez posted:

99% of my frustrations when playing this game would be solved by not removing the command bar because of a SB right as I'm about to tap it

Man this drives me nuts! It's like there's a little goblin inside the game that makes this happen just to annoy me to death.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ParliamentOfDogs
Jan 29, 2009

My genre's thriller... What's yours?
One thing that bothers me is when someone is charging their SB then you can't see the health bar of the guy above. So if you have a few guys charging it can be hard to know if you need to launch a medica. Like a lot of things this could be a simple fix by being able to view party status in the pause screen.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Shock Trooper posted:

True, 1 stamina is nothing, but it's not worth the time. As many OCD tendencies as we tend to have with this silly game, I don't need to see that MASTER mark that badly. It's not like the game keeps a permanent record of how you did on every event. I cleared it, I got the crystals, that's all that matters. I have like ~110 5* Giant Scarletites and ~390 5* Giant Adamantites, I'll be fine...

Except for Cid's Missions, which are filed under the Missions tab.

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

ParliamentOfDogs posted:

One thing that bothers me is when someone is charging their SB then you can't see the health bar of the guy above. So if you have a few guys charging it can be hard to know if you need to launch a medica. Like a lot of things this could be a simple fix by being able to view party status in the pause screen.

This is super annoying. HP bars should be on layer that's higher than particle effects.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

:staredog:

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Joys of MO: On 160 Porphyrion, I drag an Onion Knight with his BSB and an Arc with his absurd instant curaga + pblink medica. Thinking I'm covered, I switch from full breakdown to lifesiphon on my Ramza so I can shout, BSB and shout again.

The Onion Knight never casts vessel of fate and instead of using full breakdown, he spams (a very weak) full charge.

The Arc never casts protectga, and starts the fight with... renewing rains.

Holy gently caress how are people so stupid/bad :psyduck:

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

KataraniSword posted:

Ironically I've found that Adamantites are a great source of income when you've bled yourself dry with reforging and need money for orb juggling/skill honing. Each one is 20k gil.
I hadn't thought of that and I'm down to 50 of them now but this is so nice and shiny. I'm so poor

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

I'm not sure whether I should scrap Chain Biora because Quistis has me covered on the rare occasion I need poison, or keep it because it combos well with her BSB. Thoughts?

SageAcrin
Apr 23, 2014

there was a mean thing here before, but now there is a dog

Beasteh posted:

Joys of MO: On 160 Porphyrion, I drag an Onion Knight with his BSB and an Arc with his absurd instant curaga + pblink medica. Thinking I'm covered, I switch from full breakdown to lifesiphon on my Ramza so I can shout, BSB and shout again.

The Onion Knight never casts vessel of fate and instead of using full breakdown, he spams (a very weak) full charge.

The Arc never casts protectga, and starts the fight with... renewing rains.

Holy gently caress how are people so stupid/bad :psyduck:

What amuses me is, I've met an Arc that did that exact same thing.

I was using Faris/Basch, so my mitigation and other healers frantic Medica/Curespam kept us alive long enough to watch him... use Renewing Rains again and then finally use Protectga shortly before the party ate the double MT slam from him going to half life, when we hadn't fully recovered from the earlier fight, and dropped.

Fortunately I love horrible things and am greatly amused by them, so multiplayer is a wonderful treasure.

SageAcrin fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Dec 4, 2016

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Everything is terrible, and death is the one certainty. Namaste.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

I'm going to join multiplayer sessions just to hit my teammates and heal the boss while spamming the "Sorry, so sorry!" stamp :unsmigghh:

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
I've started using the block feature already.

SageAcrin
Apr 23, 2014

U-DO Burger posted:

I'm going to join multiplayer sessions just to hit my teammates and heal the boss while spamming the "Sorry, so sorry!" stamp :unsmigghh:

From what I've heard you have been beaten to that so hard.

I liked the story of the person that brought Reflect in to cast on Dark Dragon though, and Phantasm to spam on their teammates.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
I did the same thing with all the extra giant adamantites. I need more Rosetta stones dang it

Wish I had more armor though, all these adamantites really built up over the last few months.

Armitage fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Dec 4, 2016

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Pulled on the second VIII banner in hopes of getting Quistis's BSB or her whip or some reason to justify leveling her up past 50.

Nope. Got another Party Dress. :negative:

I try to console myself with the knowledge that I now have an 8-star piece of light armor for the realm that also boosts magic, but it still feels bad, man. :smith:

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???
There's a Zidane-Luneth wind power couple running in multiplayer right now and goddamn are they a beautiful sight to see :allears: What a killer setup.

Chair In A Basket
Aug 6, 2005

I'm basically Jesus.

Nap Ghost
160 Porphyrion multi. Decide to try with Faris Tempo Flurry and breaks + BSB with WoL Gaia's Cross/Life Siphon spamming his physical blink SSB.

Group forms with 2 Tyro/Yuna defensive pairings, and another guy with 2 straight damage characters. Damage chars guy drops and host launches as is.

It took almost 15 loving minutes but we did it. It was not fun. Multiplayer is cool.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

For real though, since when could 6* crystals drop from ultimate bosses?

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

Adel posted:

There's a Zidane-Luneth wind power couple running in multiplayer right now and goddamn are they a beautiful sight to see :allears: What a killer setup.

I'm rolling that on my A-Team except I have to RW the Zidane BSB because I don't actually have it. Toss in a lvl 99 Bartz BSB too. Tyro is in for SG and versatility. He activates the RW when Luneth and Bartz are ready to unleash. OK contributes with BSB-chain into Meltdown and Eiko adds +crit with her BSB. The whole setup pretty much wrecks.

I could further optimize with +wind armor for Luneth, Bartz, and OK. Working on getting Celes to 99 for her +40% spellblade RM. Thinking about pulling for Zidane's BSB when OSB-fest rolls around because he'd be a stronger than Tyro. Too bad I don't have Bartz' cloak for his en-wind as well. Does it recur on the Dorgan banners?

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

Boogaloo Shrimp posted:

I'm rolling that on my A-Team except I have to RW the Zidane BSB because I don't actually have it. Toss in a lvl 99 Bartz BSB too. Tyro is in for SG and versatility. He activates the RW when Luneth and Bartz are ready to unleash. OK contributes with BSB-chain into Meltdown and Eiko adds +crit with her BSB. The whole setup pretty much wrecks.

I could further optimize with +wind armor for Luneth, Bartz, and OK. Working on getting Celes to 99 for her +40% spellblade RM. Thinking about pulling for Zidane's BSB when OSB-fest rolls around because he'd be a stronger than Tyro. Too bad I don't have Bartz' cloak for his en-wind as well. Does it recur on the Dorgan banners?
Another option is pulling on Angeal 1 for Zack's BSB, which is imo a better imperil wind than Zidane's because the commands are actually wind element.

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

Another option is pulling on Angeal 1 for Zack's BSB, which is imo a better imperil wind than Zidane's because the commands are actually wind element.

Maybe, but right now I prefer Tyro/Zidane for Mug Bloodlust.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
It's on both Dorgann banners actually along with Exdeath's Grand Cross and Greg's disappointing OSB. (Also on Keeper's Choice 3 if you want to guarantee it.)

Banner 1 is probably better (Krile and Galuf have good Fire BSBs, and Sheepsong returns - although Dorgaan conflicts with Onion BSB), but Banner 2 has Faris's Imperil Wind SSB, so it's a toss up.

Angeal 1 is the Wind Banner though if you really want to build a Wind team, but it doesn't matter much if you want Butz stuff.

Edit: I'm slow at replying.

Zidane OSB Banner isn't too bad either. Zidane has an OSB, Imperil Wind and Enwind Relic on there (Enwind Relic is a Wind damage+ armor too).

pichupal fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Dec 4, 2016

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

I'm not married to Bartz, just that he's my other strongest DPS right now. Depending on my pull luck, I can shuffle around as needed.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

UHD posted:

For real though, since when could 6* crystals drop from ultimate bosses?

A few weeks now, but it's not every ultimate. The first one was U Mateus from the Ashe BSB event, I believe. Plus it's only the 60 stamina fights so you couldn't farm the 1 stamina bosses for crystals.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

Boogaloo Shrimp posted:

I'm not married to Bartz, just that he's my other strongest DPS right now. Depending on my pull luck, I can shuffle around as needed.

Makes sense. Mentioned the Zidane OSB Banner since he can still fit the Mug Bloodlust requirements and the support Burst commands frees up Onion and Tyro to do a bit more and Zidane can cover the occasional status effect with Machinist 4.

Also compared to Cloud, Zidane and Bartz have actual Wind abilities to rely on (Snowspell Strike and Tornado Strike for Butz, and Dash Bite or whatever the 2-hit Wind Dagger skill will be called for Zidane).

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

pichupal posted:

Makes sense. Mentioned the Zidane OSB Banner since he can still fit the Mug Bloodlust requirements and the support Burst commands frees up Onion and Tyro to do a bit more and Zidane can cover the occasional status effect with Machinist 4.

Also compared to Cloud, Zidane and Bartz have actual Wind abilities to rely on (Snowspell Strike and Tornado Strike for Butz, and Dash Bite or whatever the 2-hit Wind Dagger skill will be called for Zidane).

Well, I'd probably replace Tyro with Zidane and then RW a Wall instead so I could keep 2 wind-element attackers.

If the OSB-fest banners are the same as JP, then that's also the OP water god Tidus banner and I have an 8* Gold Hairpin from chasing Eiko BSB. Already got most of the consolation prizes on that banner though, so I'm a bit wary of chasing and ending up with dupes. Especially with TG Cid and Minfilia coming up.

SageAcrin
Apr 23, 2014

Does anyone else feel like TG Cid is one of the more trap-y of the big banners coming up?

Not that it's bad, but Ovelia relics have the same issue Porom relics do("Yeah this is good but it's... on... a pure White 5..."), Agrias' Enlight SSB, Mustadio Hyper Break(Good, and the second Hyper Break... and Musty's better than Irvine.) and Cleansing Strike.... well.

If you don't have any of the relics, sure, it's good-I plan on drawing on it. If you have Cleansing Strike and don't need more shields for stuff, though, it starts looking dangerously like you're chasing the Bursts/OSB, especially if you have Ovelia's stuff too.

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

So uh, how can I get those 4 star motes besides fragment dungeons or whatever? Do onion motes ever come back?

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

SageAcrin posted:

("Yeah this is good but it's... on... a pure White 5...")
How often do you have your white mage using anything but Curaja and either one of proshellga or diaga/holy? :confused: You can substitute diaga/holy with a black magic spell or summon if you want to split gear for mag and mnd, but other than that, the only other thing I can see giving a white mage is wrath on Rosa and/or Y'shtola for SB spamming shenanigans. White mages don't generally use any other spell schools.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Ovelia's fine, she's not going to be best healer or anything but White Mages don't really care about versatility most of the time since they're usually either using Proshellga + a heal, maybe Slowga if they need to, and Diaga if they really have a spare slot. The only other skillset they really want is Support 4, and even then only for Wrath. Everything else (Full Break, Dances, offensive magic) is just nice to have but won't be used 80% of the time.

Porom is just kind of bad because she's squishy and she's outclassed in-realm by Rosa. Tactics doesn't have any other options.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

xanthan posted:

So uh, how can I get those 4 star motes besides fragment dungeons or whatever? Do onion motes ever come back?
4* motes are just in the mote dungeons right now, but we'll start getting multiplayer raid battles that offer 4* mote rewards.
Onion motes are a possible drop on in the Ahriman mote dungeon, but the enigma dungeons that drop them will come back in the Cloud of Darkness event, too.

SageAcrin
Apr 23, 2014

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

How often do you have your white mage using anything but Curaja and either one of proshellga or diaga/holy? :confused: You can substitute diaga/holy with a black magic spell or summon if you want to split gear for mag and mnd, but other than that, the only other thing I can see giving a white mage is wrath on Rosa and/or Y'shtola for SB spamming shenanigans. White mages don't generally use any other spell schools.

Wrath, a lot. Other stuff is nice for niches, like status hits. Breakdowns can be nice. Some WMs, like Arc, can do multitarget damage and lug around a heal or Pro/Shellga.

Mostly the issue is, Ovelia's SBs aren't especially standout for what they are. It's not that they're bad-it's that they're stuff that's either been done before on other, better characters, or nearly so(Her Pro/Shellga HP Stock is better than Aetherial Pulse. But... it's a question of how much.).

That's not to say that, say, her MBlink Medica isn't a great draw if you don't have one, I don't mean to imply that either. Could easily be another reason to draw on it! I'm just saying... I don't see as many unique, standout draws on this banner, if you follow me, below the BSB level.

'course, she's fine for CMs, that's quite another question, but that's also why I said "especially if you have Ovelia relics".

SageAcrin fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Dec 5, 2016

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

Hogama posted:

4* motes are just in the mote dungeons right now, but we'll start getting multiplayer raid battles that offer 4* mote rewards.
Onion motes are a possible drop on in the Ahriman mote dungeon, but the enigma dungeons that drop them will come back in the Cloud of Darkness event, too.

Cool, thanks. Will hopefully get his drat burst next time it comes around. Did do a single pull on the Squall banner and got his overstrike or whatever though. Guess he's going to be rocking life syphon now!

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

No, it's not a trap banner. It has the absolute best physical OSB by a mile, two very good BSBs, an enHoly for one of the best Knights in the game, the first AOE Hyper Break, two extremely good relics for Ovelia (her proshellga+HP stock hat, which also has incredible stats and is almost always my best healer armor in other realms, and her curaga MBlink), one bad relic for Ovelia, and one last incredibly good relic for Agrias.

Sure, if you have Ovelia's staff and Agrias's first shield, the banner might be less attractive to you, but six of the nine relics are unavailable currently in global, so it's not like half the banner is duplicates.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

Basically, I would be hesitant to call TG Cid a "trap banner" just because not everything on it is insanely amazing. I would be happy to get any of the items on it, which is more than I can say about a lot of banners lately; not every banner can be XIV.

Koobes
Nov 6, 2012

SageAcrin posted:

Does anyone else feel like TG Cid is one of the more trap-y of the big banners coming up?

Not that it's bad, but Ovelia relics have the same issue Porom relics do("Yeah this is good but it's... on... a pure White 5..."), Agrias' Enlight SSB, Mustadio Hyper Break(Good, and the second Hyper Break... and Musty's better than Irvine.) and Cleansing Strike.... well.

If you don't have any of the relics, sure, it's good-I plan on drawing on it. If you have Cleansing Strike and don't need more shields for stuff, though, it starts looking dangerously like you're chasing the Bursts/OSB, especially if you have Ovelia's stuff too.

The Malak/Refla banner 2 has a lore more offensive options if that's your thing.

SageAcrin
Apr 23, 2014

Zurai posted:

No, it's not a trap banner. It has the absolute best physical OSB by a mile, two very good BSBs, an enHoly for one of the best Knights in the game, the first AOE Hyper Break, two extremely good relics for Ovelia (her proshellga+HP stock hat, which also has incredible stats and is almost always my best healer armor in other realms, and her curaga MBlink), one bad relic for Ovelia, and one last incredibly good relic for Agrias.

Sure, if you have Ovelia's staff and Agrias's first shield, the banner might be less attractive to you, but six of the nine relics are unavailable currently in global, so it's not like half the banner is duplicates.

*Blinks* The heck is with that hat.

You're right, I'd missed that the Hyper Break was AoE and the raw hat stats. That is pretty cool.

Thanks, that is some excellent info I'd missed and definitely makes the overall banner look a lot better to me.

Edit: Also, looking at it again now from a different angle; There's five armors on that banner. So not only does it have a Medica for CMs, it's loaded with armor for them. Yeah, that's definitely not a trap to pull on a few times. Never mind!

SageAcrin fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Dec 5, 2016

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Zurai posted:

Isn't Hyper Sniper AoE as well? In-game seems to support this too.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

I will say that Malak's banner looks more attractive to me, among the banners which are guaranteed to have TGCid OSB on them. It has TGCid OSB, Mustadio's BSB which is one of the few really good Machinist BSBs (because it's more of a Support BSB), Malak's BSB which is extremely good from a utility standpoint, Orlandu's BSB again, Orlandu's new SSB which is meh, Malak's SSB which is great for utility, Mustadio's Hyper Break again, Gaffgarion's ether armor (meh), and Ramza's AOE heal.

Of course, banner 1 of that event is also pretty darn good; Ramza's USB (one of the top 3 or so USBs), Rafa's BSB (extremely good mage/buff BSB), Ovelia's BSB (fairly standard healer BSB), Delita's BSB (extremely strong if you have party crit rate boost SBs), Rafa's SSB (not as good as Malak's), Ovelia's hat again, Ramza's SSB2 (party 30% HP shield and +50% crit damage), Delita's SSB (bad), and Ramza's AOE heal.

ApplesandOranges posted:

Isn't Hyper Sniper AoE as well? In-game seems to support this too.

Whoops, yeah I forgot Irvine got a Hyper Break too. It's one of a handful, anyway. Fran's is much better (because it's a BSB) but it's pretty solidly in the #2 slot for Hyper Breaks thanks to being on a fairly decent character.

Zurai fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Dec 5, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.
:siren: Tomorrow's DU Lucky Banner is SSB+ :siren:

VI, IX, XIII, XIV

• Locked thread